Hop To
K
KRAKMT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Wife’s birthday is approaching.
She is often fighting with her earbuds when running.
She asked for custom molded earbuds and requested they also work as shooting earplugs

Does anyone have experience with custom molded earplugs/ ear buds?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My local audiologist was able to do molded ear plugs by Sensaphonics. They're not necessarily cheap, but I like that I can change the filter level for different applications. These are not the electronic type.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought my wife some Raycons (the Everyday, not the Performer). She loves them!! They have 5 different sized ear tips that work mucho better than the Crapple AirPods.

For shooting I love my Decibullz custom molded ear plugs. 31 Db reduction matched muffs and makes rifle shooting much more natural for me

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No,.....but I'd say shes a keeper.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a pair at the Shot Show in 2017. Used to shoot a lot of skeet and sporting clays and got tired of not being able to hear anyone speaking between shots. I really like them but forever putting batteries in.
I would suggest getting them for her. Happy wife, happy life

Last edited by Quartermaster; 08/26/21.

NRA Life Member

"You might as well be wrong, as be right and not know it"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In my years of being a custom earplug dealer for E.A.R. Inc, I made something like 15,000 pairs of molded plugs and hundreds of sets of electronic shooting plugs and "music" plugs. I haven't been a dealer for them in a long time, so I'm not up to speed on their current product line, so I suggest you peruse their website HERE

I do, however, highly endorse their products. They are top of the line, and the company was founded by the former official audiologist for the US Olympic Shooting Team.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
KRAKMT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks everyone. Wife is definitely a keeper but to be fair I thought I was done with birthday gifts after giving her 30 gifts for 30 days leading up to her 30th birthday. Those days are a memory and so now I am back to gift buying.

But to be fair, her hearing is important, though I am not really looking for her extra abilities to sort out my mumbles.

Rocky I was checking out e.a.r but did not see a simple way to find a retailer on their website.
Not opposed to flying her to Boulder but it would seem there must be a simpler solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most of their dealers were (like me) independents, not store fronts. I traveled to gun shows, shoots, and industrial sites to make hand-molded plugs. To get those, unfortunately, you have to find a dealer at a show or major shooting event. It would also be luck of the draw as to that dealer's experience, skill, and pricing. Those all vary.

Or, you can get ear impressions taken at any audiologist or hearing aid center. That means an extra cost, but the lab-made plugs that result would be of better quality. Send the impressions to EAR and they'll make whatever you like.

The other obvious choice is to order a set of "universal fit" plugs directly from EAR. I see that they now offer non-electronic ones starting as low as $140. Call them and discuss what your wife's needs are.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,677 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,000
Posts18,481,224
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.