Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Are there really USA buyers who are purchasing rifle scopes manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party?
NWT

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Plenty here are for sure. I'm not one of them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Americans in large are buying Chinese made goods by the literal ship loads, only about 30-40 thousand containers per day.

Last edited by ChrisAU; 08/25/21.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
We are addicted to cheap goods.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I dislike supporting Big Red China, and I try to avoid it if possible.

But there's product sectors in which you can't really avoid it, and optics is becoming one of them. Even scopes that wrap themselves in the American flag and have patriotic monikers are substantially comprised of "sourced materials and components" that likely passed through communist hands.

I try to find out as much about COO as I can before making a purchase, and I do my best to support free trade, fair wages, and free societies. Some companies are at least honest and forth write with this information. Others employ a lot of opacity in regards to sourced materials.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I go out of my way not to buy Chinese! But sometimes it happens - trying hard not to though. I believe that China is trying to take over the world.

Last edited by Bugger; 08/25/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Don't kid yourself into thinking you don't have at least some Chinese components in your newer optics. I have some chi-com optics but prefer not to support them. Even so there's probably Chinese parts and components in your optics no matter it's stated point of origin. All the bigger name optics companies do business in China it's just the facts at the current time.

If a person really wants an scope not made in some commie location pick up an old vintage Weaver, Zeiss, S&B from decades ago. Otherwise we have to put up with what's available.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I like German optics. At the prices they charge I hope that there are no Chinese components.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NWT
Are there really USA buyers who are purchasing rifle scopes manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party?
NWT

Yes - just bought another Athlon from Cameraland.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

I like German optics. At the prices they charge I hope that there are no Chinese components.

Exactly!! I almost bought a Athlon for my 300 win mag but Doug had a sale a couple weeks ago and I picked up another Meopta Optika6 for $40 more than the Athlon . No brainer!! I have 5 Meoptas now and I'm not looking back. I do have a Athlon I bought for my slug gun and I cant bring myself to put it on .

Kirk Furniss
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The weak people will buy them. Just like they will buy the cars.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So Far the only brands I own are:

S&B
Swarovski
Vortex Razor HD LHT(Japan)
Leica

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

Get a clue clown.....

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman

Or could it be some are looking for comparable quality at a more reasonable price? Just asking....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RL

Or could it be some are looking for comparable quality at a more reasonable price? Just asking....
To put that criteria ahead of the fact that you are buying from a regime that is trying their best to screw you, to me indicates a weakness.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

There is a Schott glass factory in China.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by RL

To put that criteria ahead of the fact that you are buying from a regime that is trying their best to screw you, to me indicates a weakness.

Does this apply to scopes only - or does it apply to products produced in China in general?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just Pauli Spandex

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

I am betting this was typed out on a china made device.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RL

Get a clue clown.....

I got a clue. A big one. Was when the stinking commies attacked our country and election with a biological warfare weapon; aka CCP Virus. Not to mention the rest of the world. Xi Jinping Is a mass murderer. No different than Pol Pot, Hitler or Stalin. Just used a different tool. If there was a set of nuts in the entire NATO scam Jinping would have already been made seriously dead. But we continue to send billions of dollars to this terrorist nation and support the dictatorial murderers.

After that clue, I really didn’t need another. If I can ID a product as Communist China built, assembled, or engineered it’ll take a lot more than low price to get it in my house. YMMV (apparently).

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (6MMWASP, 7mm_Loco, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 9 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,900
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.