Home
Are there really USA buyers who are purchasing rifle scopes manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party?
NWT
Plenty here are for sure. I'm not one of them.
Americans in large are buying Chinese made goods by the literal ship loads, only about 30-40 thousand containers per day.
We are addicted to cheap goods.
I dislike supporting Big Red China, and I try to avoid it if possible.

But there's product sectors in which you can't really avoid it, and optics is becoming one of them. Even scopes that wrap themselves in the American flag and have patriotic monikers are substantially comprised of "sourced materials and components" that likely passed through communist hands.

I try to find out as much about COO as I can before making a purchase, and I do my best to support free trade, fair wages, and free societies. Some companies are at least honest and forth write with this information. Others employ a lot of opacity in regards to sourced materials.
I go out of my way not to buy Chinese! But sometimes it happens - trying hard not to though. I believe that China is trying to take over the world.
Don't kid yourself into thinking you don't have at least some Chinese components in your newer optics. I have some chi-com optics but prefer not to support them. Even so there's probably Chinese parts and components in your optics no matter it's stated point of origin. All the bigger name optics companies do business in China it's just the facts at the current time.

If a person really wants an scope not made in some commie location pick up an old vintage Weaver, Zeiss, S&B from decades ago. Otherwise we have to put up with what's available.

I like German optics. At the prices they charge I hope that there are no Chinese components.
Originally Posted by NWT
Are there really USA buyers who are purchasing rifle scopes manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party?
NWT

Yes - just bought another Athlon from Cameraland.
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

I like German optics. At the prices they charge I hope that there are no Chinese components.

Exactly!! I almost bought a Athlon for my 300 win mag but Doug had a sale a couple weeks ago and I picked up another Meopta Optika6 for $40 more than the Athlon . No brainer!! I have 5 Meoptas now and I'm not looking back. I do have a Athlon I bought for my slug gun and I cant bring myself to put it on .
The weak people will buy them. Just like they will buy the cars.
So Far the only brands I own are:

S&B
Swarovski
Vortex Razor HD LHT(Japan)
Leica
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

Get a clue clown.....
Originally Posted by mathman

Or could it be some are looking for comparable quality at a more reasonable price? Just asking....
Originally Posted by RL

Or could it be some are looking for comparable quality at a more reasonable price? Just asking....
To put that criteria ahead of the fact that you are buying from a regime that is trying their best to screw you, to me indicates a weakness.
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

There is a Schott glass factory in China.
Originally Posted by RL

To put that criteria ahead of the fact that you are buying from a regime that is trying their best to screw you, to me indicates a weakness.

Does this apply to scopes only - or does it apply to products produced in China in general?
Just Pauli Spandex
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

I am betting this was typed out on a china made device.
Originally Posted by RL

Get a clue clown.....

I got a clue. A big one. Was when the stinking commies attacked our country and election with a biological warfare weapon; aka CCP Virus. Not to mention the rest of the world. Xi Jinping Is a mass murderer. No different than Pol Pot, Hitler or Stalin. Just used a different tool. If there was a set of nuts in the entire NATO scam Jinping would have already been made seriously dead. But we continue to send billions of dollars to this terrorist nation and support the dictatorial murderers.

After that clue, I really didn’t need another. If I can ID a product as Communist China built, assembled, or engineered it’ll take a lot more than low price to get it in my house. YMMV (apparently).
Contrary to popular belief, not all companies in China are owned by the state (SOEs). Where it suits them, there are foreign companies (FOEs) and private companies (POEs). Some really big companies are POEs, like Jack Ma’s Alibaba (think Amazon), Tencent, a big media company among other stuff, and Baidu, their Google. If they get too big, or otherwise piss off the Party in some way, they can get taken over or otherwise futzed with. Ma is giving up Alibaba it seems, after getting involved too much in financial dealings that are usually reserved for Party “friends”. He’s going to teach, which is probably preferable to a bullet in the head.

Whether or not any optics companies are POEs or FOEs, I can’t say. If they’re on the stock market, that would indicate they are. Actually, I don’t personally know of any optics being sold under a Chinese company name, only ones that are made there and sold under foreign names like Hawke and Vortex. If you want to be certain, then avoid stuff marked Fabrique en Chine.
I'd love to claim the high ground, but I can't shake the holosuns / sig Romeo 5.

My magnified optics are all NF and SWFA, but I just can't bring myself to put aimpoints on all the range toys.
Burris Fastfires are made in the Philippines, and are excellent and reasonable in price.
They are too frickN heavy
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by RL

Get a clue clown.....

I got a clue. A big one. Was when the stinking commies attacked our country and election with a biological warfare weapon; aka CCP Virus. Not to mention the rest of the world. Xi Jinping Is a mass murderer. No different than Pol Pot, Hitler or Stalin. Just used a different tool. If there was a set of nuts in the entire NATO scam Jinping would have already been made seriously dead. But we continue to send billions of dollars to this terrorist nation and support the dictatorial murderers.

After that clue, I really didn’t need another. If I can ID a product as Communist China built, assembled, or engineered it’ll take a lot more than low price to get it in my house. YMMV (apparently).

More power to "Mr. Clued In". What brand of vehicle you drive? Ford, GM or what? You really believe those parts are all US of good ole A??? Do you take pictures of the deer, elk, or whatever else I assume you hunt? Do you really believe those parts are US of good ole A??? Oh and are you using a computer to promote buying American??? Do I need to go there??? Spin it how you want but hypocritical you are - Mr. Clued In...
Originally Posted by RL

Yep, your weakness and hypocrisy - not mine.
Not being 100% successful is not a good enough excuse for me not to at least TRY.

Whatever anyone else does is up to them. Honestly don't care.

I like my Bushnell Elites, 3200, 3500, 4200, 4500 etc. Can often find them in unused condition or near enough for very little coin, comparatively speaking.

If there are any Chinesium components in them, so be it.
Originally Posted by Igloo
Not being 100% successful is not a good enough excuse for me not to at least TRY.

I like my Bushnell Elites, 3200, 3500, 4200, 4500 etc. Can often find them in unused condition or near enough for very little coin, comparatively speaking.

Frankly I don't need an excuse to buy either way but I can respect your convictions. What I have no respect for are the clowns coming in and spewing BS when they probably have as much Chicom crap as anyone. It is what it is - doesnt mean I will be speaking Chinese in the morning...
I’d bet that 90% of 100% American made optics are too expensive for many shooters and hunters. Id also wager the target market for many of them is in large part: military/govt/LE and foreign. When you get right down to it, Oregon is as communist as China these days, and you can source all Japanese far easier than all US….and they’ve killed more Americans than Xi ever has. I’m not saying anyone should want to support the Chinese govt, but a gun sight is not worth getting your blood pressure up over. The trade laws LET them undercut everyone else, also. FWIW, they’re just as addicted to our market/economy, as we are to their products. Very few of us would own ANY NV or Thermal devices, (much less phones, PCs, or TVs) if the Chinese didn’t make affordable versions.
Originally Posted by RL

Frankly I don't need an excuse to buy either way but I can respect your convictions. What I have no respect for are the clowns coming in and spewing BS when they probably have as much Chicom crap as anyone. It is what it is - doesnt mean I will be speaking Chinese in the morning...
You will probably be one of the first to speak Chinese if they win the next war. "Lay ho mah!"
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

Get a clue clown.....

More power to "Mr. Clued In". What brand of vehicle you drive? Ford, GM or what? You really believe those parts are all US of good ole A??? Do you take pictures of the deer, elk, or whatever else I assume you hunt? Do you really believe those parts are US of good ole A??? Oh and are you using a computer to promote buying American??? Do I need to go there??? Spin it how you want but hypocritical you are - Mr. Clued In...

Originally Posted by RL

Frankly I don't need an excuse to buy either way but I can respect your convictions. What I have no respect for are the clowns coming in and spewing BS when they probably have as much Chicom crap as anyone. It is what it is - doesn't mean I will be speaking Chinese in the morning...

Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
I’d bet that 90% of 100% American made optics are too expensive for many shooters and hunters. Id also wager the target market for many of them is in large part: military/govt/LE and foreign. When you get right down to it, Oregon is as communist as China these days, and you can source all Japanese far easier than all US….and they’ve killed more Americans than Xi ever has. I’m not saying anyone should want to support the Chinese govt, but a gun sight is not worth getting your blood pressure up over. The trade laws LET them undercut everyone else, also. FWIW, they’re just as addicted to our market/economy, as we are to their products. Very few of us would own ANY NV or Thermal devices, (much less phones, PCs, or TVs) if the Chinese didn’t make affordable versions.

These posts pretty much cover it, and I agree with them. Most experienced sport optic users probably know this stuff and buy accordingly,. The only reason these threads are started is to get peoples blood pressure up. As time goes on, some of the non-China sport optic producers will probably fall to the wayside, so you better stock up now on non-China made optics. RJ
For a lot of things we buy, there is no viable alternative. That is why most of us have a lot of these products. The issue really is when there is a viable alternative, there are people using the criteria of "better value for money" to buy these or similar products.
You can't get away from buying Chinese products. Even a scope that's made in Germany is going to have Chinese elements. China is almost the world's exclusive producer of rare earth metals. These are used to make the lens coatings and glass polishing compounds that make high end Germans scopes so well regarded. They are used to make the batteries that make Aimpoints work. They are used to make the monitor work that you're reading this on. You simply cannot get away from Chinese products.

Rare Earth metals aren't rare. But China owns the market on them. There was an effort under Trump to get the US competitive again in the extraction and processing of these elements, but current the Chinese-sympathist in office has pretty much shut that down in the name of the environment.
For a lot of things we buy, there is no viable alternative. That is why most of us have a lot of these products. The issue really is when there is a viable alternative, there are people using the criteria of "better value for money" to buy these or similar products.

I agree with that in theory and understand the premise of your thought. So what optics do you own or suggest?
You didn’t ask me, but I’m switching over to better stuff, Trijicon, Burris, and just bought another Tract. I think I’m done now. Have one Hawke left on a backup ML that needs the long ER. Just bought a Leupold 4x rimfire scope for a Marlin 39 and had to play the game to get it dialed in, but it was the perfect fit. One Vari-X II 3-9 remains on my Hornet, untouched for a long, long time. Sold a couple of Hawkes, have one in a box in case I need a LER, but might sell it too if the notion hits me.
I've had Chinese scopes from Brunton, BSA, Bushnell, Cabela's, Pentex, Simmons, Tasco, and counterfeit Leupolds. Most came on used rifles and were subsequently removed and either sold or thrown away. I did buy a counterfeit Leupold via eBay to satisfy my curiosity and must say that it has held up fine on the Ruger 10/22 that it is installed on and I bought the Cabela's Pineridge scopes for some lower tier rifles.
The Hawkes have worked well, more evidence that if the company that OEMs them holds the maker’s feet to the fire, they can make good stuff, just like Turkish shotguns. Hawke has been around a long time and is very popular in other countries, and even some places here. The owner of my LGS told me he sells a bunch, mostly Vantage IIRC, and at the time had never had one come back. I bought all mine on clearance, mostly from Doug. Only issue has been one 2-7 Endurance LER that lost zero on a Mini-14, but that’s hardly a fair test. The same rifle almost shook a set of QRW rings off in about 20 rounds, even though buffered and de-gassed. A tough ride for optics. I think it needs a tough scope AND tough mounts.
Confession time.
For Chinese optics, I have 2 Hawke scopes, a Frontier 1-6x24 on a Blaser K95 which has been flawless. I have an Endurance 2.5-10x50 that I had on a Tikka T3, 243 and removed it because the scope made the rifle noticeably top heavy. The scope is now in the box. It will be gifted to some new young hunter that cannot afford a scope. I have 3 Holosun red dots that are fantastic. I love the push button intensity adjustment. Can't get that on an Ainpoint Micro.

For non-Chinese optics, I have around 30 other scopes that are manufactured in U.S.A., Germany, Czec Republic, Japan and the Phillipines. RJ
Originally Posted by RL

You will probably be one of the first to speak Chinese if they win the next war. "Lay ho mah!"

Apparently you speak a lot more Chinese than I do - have no idea what that means. Have you intentionally purchased anything made by or with Chinese parts? Of course you have....that my friend is your clue....
Originally Posted by RL

Get a clue clown.....

Next time you go to your pharmacy - ask where your medication is produced.

Went to the Dr. in July. Was prescribed a Z-Pack and a Steroid - Both in blister packs - both produced in China - said so on the lable. This was from Walmart Pharmacy.

Wife went the the Dr. this month. Was prescribe the same - Both in blister packs - both produced in China - said so no the lable. This was from CVS Pharmacy.

If you know a diabetic, ask them to check the country of origin on their testing supplies. A good chance they are produced in China.

If you really feel that the CCP Virus is a "biological warfare weapon" - then rather than moaning about scopes on a forum - you should be lobbying your Senators to send a couple of cruse missiles to destroy the lab that produced it.

YMMV
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by RL

Get a clue clown.....

Next time you go to your pharmacy - ask where your medication is produced.

Went to the Dr. in July. Was prescribed a Z-Pack and a Steroid - Both in blister packs - both produced in China - said so on the lable. This was from Walmart Pharmacy.

Wife went the the Dr. this month. Was prescribe the same - Both in blister packs - both produced in China - said so no the lable. This was from CVS Pharmacy.

If you know a diabetic, ask them to check the country of origin on their testing supplies. A good chance they are produced in China.

If you really feel that the CCP Virus is a "biological warfare weapon" - then rather than moaning about scopes on a forum - you should be lobbying your Senators to send a couple of cruse missiles to destroy the lab that produced it.

YMMV

Not that you need my approval but your post is right on - especially the last part.
Apparently there are a few here with reading difficulties. I know very well that some commie made products are a must have, as in medicines and I-phones and auto parts. Sporting optics don’t make the cut. You want to buy something with Made in China on the box it’s your decision. If I have another option on a rifle scope it won’t be a $50 difference in price that convinces me to buy commie. Reread the post and adjust your criticism to things I actually said. Done with this. You’re just not worth any more minutes of my life.
The CF is a funhouse of the self righteous who shop at walmart, drive trucks full of chink components and complain on censoring social media riding a chink made device. Yet boycott patagonia for their environmental stance.

This place is more fun than monkey porngrin and the best site ever!

mike r
Apparently there are a few here with reading difficulties. I know very well that some commie made products are a must have, as in medicines and I-phones and auto parts. Sporting optics don’t make the cut. You want to buy something with Made in China on the box it’s your decision. If I have another option on a rifle scope it won’t be a $50 difference in price that convinces me to buy commie. Reread the post and adjust your criticism to things I actually said. Done with this. You’re just not worth any more minutes of my life.

Bye
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

I don't....close as I ever came was a Bushnell I bought back in the 1970s..

Hate to say it but it appears to me the optics section on here is a place to talk about your Asian made jUnk copies of rifle scopes and binoculars.
Apparently there are a few here with reading difficulties.

Every time there is a China thread where people say they avoid China products to the degree to which the reasonably can, they come out by the bus load to show the world their reading comprehension challenges.
It just incredible that people come on this forum chastising anyone who has bought an optic made in China when they themselves are buying from hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of Chinese made merchandise per month. But I suppose that is OK, as long as none of that pile of Chinese goods money is not buying a Chinese made optic. Go figure. RJ
I will say that I do not buy anything from the "Chinese Communist Party". I buy from American owned companies where they have stuff manufactured is their business. It wasn't that long ago(I'm old) a box labeled "Made in Japan" brought out all the comments you see here now. Companies source things from the lowest bidder, the Philippines, Korea, Japan, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic are all places scopes are built that I own. Whose to say where companies will have their scopes assembled next, maybe even here if the political climate and costs are friendly. Not all can afford a Nightforce scope or have the need for one.

You want to stop the shooting sports here in this country just price everything out of the common mans reach and make it an elitist endeavor.
Originally Posted by rj308
It just incredible that people come on this forum chastising anyone who has bought an optic made in China when they themselves are buying from hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of Chinese made merchandise per month. But I suppose that is OK, as long as none of that pile of Chinese goods money is not buying a Chinese made optic. Go figure. RJ

There are very reasonably priced options to Chinese scopes. There are no options for many of the things we buy, and when there are options, they aren't priced reasonably. Go figure.

Even Joe Biden could see what’s behind this thread and others like it. The next phase will be jumping into other threads where Chinese goods are mentioned and shaming the malefactors who purchased them there. Where’s all the outrage about those who buy (now “bought”, I suppose) cheap Russian ammo, given their assaults on our elections and computer theft? Do you think the Russkies are any less our enemy than the Chicoms? Hell, I can make an excellent case for boycotting stuff from Yurrp if I was so inclined. The world is full of azzholes; feel free to pick the ones you want to avoid, but don’t lecture others until you’ve cleaned up your own act. There are alternatives for very nearly all finished goods, if you’re willing to look for them and pay the price. If you’re not, threads like this are just azz gas.
I'm confident the ranters are washing clothes at a stream with an old rock and hanging them to dry on tree branches to avoid using a washing machine or dryer full of 'Commie' parts. wink
A lot of defeatist attitudes on here, just what the CCP wants to read and hear. Just because that is the way it is now doesn’t mean that is the way it needs to be moving forward! So you want your medicine controlled by the CCP? You want your micro chips controlled by the CCP? This is all happened in the past 35 years. It can also be changed rather fast. I am pretty surprised that so many Americans are ready to surrender to such a evil regime without a fight. Pretty scarey for our children’s future .
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Even Joe Biden could see what’s behind this thread and others like it. The next phase will be jumping into other threads where Chinese goods are mentioned and shaming the malefactors who purchased them there. Where’s all the outrage about those who buy (now “bought”, I suppose) cheap Russian ammo, given their assaults on our elections and computer theft? Do you think the Russkies are any less our enemy than the Chicoms? Hell, I can make an excellent case for boycotting stuff from Yurrp if I was so inclined. The world is full of azzholes; feel free to pick the ones you want to avoid, but don’t lecture others until you’ve cleaned up your own act. There are alternatives for very nearly all finished goods, if you’re willing to look for them and pay the price. If you’re not, threads like this are just azz gas.

Thanks Pappy. You saved me a lot of typing.

Originally Posted by NWT
A lot of defeatist attitudes on here, just what the CCP wants to read and hear. Just because that is the way it is now doesn’t mean that is the way it needs to be moving forward! So you want your medicine controlled by the CCP? You want your micro chips controlled by the CCP? This is all happened in the past 35 years. It can also be changed rather fast. I am pretty surprised that so many Americans are ready to surrender to such a evil regime without a fight. Pretty scarey for our children’s future .

NWT, would you please summarize for us, with the United States government and the present United States economy structure, how "It can also be changed rather fast" RJ
I won't knowingly buy anything made in China if I can find an alternative...even if I have to pay 20% more.

But I also realize other folks have different views on the matter. So I guess I am a libertarian on this subject.

I do wish we would stop sourcing critical items from our enemies.
RJ308,
If you have to ask , it is beyond your comprehension .
NWT
Politics aside, I try to buy what I need. I still don't think most Chinese optics are worth a schit. My next scope will be another Nightforce ...
"I will say that I do not buy anything from the "Chinese Communist Party". I buy from American owned companies where they have stuff manufactured is their business. It wasn't that long ago(I'm old) a box labeled "Made in Japan" brought out all the comments you see here now."

The difference is the Japanese and others are our allies. China is building up its military to take us on with every dollar we spend on their products. This includes American companies products made there. It baffles me the Chinese defenders don't realize that. It is like they have skin in the game and want the US to fail in favor of the Chinese.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
"I will say that I do not buy anything from the "Chinese Communist Party". I buy from American owned companies where they have stuff manufactured is their business. It wasn't that long ago(I'm old) a box labeled "Made in Japan" brought out all the comments you see here now."

The difference is the Japanese and others are our allies. China is building up its military to take us on with every dollar we spend on their products. This includes American companies products made there. It baffles me the Chinese defenders don't realize that. It is like they have skin in the game and want the US to fail in favor of the Chinese.

But your phone is made in China.
It baffles me the Chinese defenders don't realize that. It is like they have skin in the game and want the US to fail in favor of the Chinese.

Like you, I make a conscious effort to buy 'American Made' (lots of semantics with that phrase) whenever possible. Just like I buy from my locally owned Mom and Pop stores, even when it costs more. It just makes sense.

However, there is a big difference in being a "Chinese defender" and existing in a global market.

Respectfully, sir. smile -Al
Originally Posted by NWT
RJ308,
If you have to ask , it is beyond your comprehension .
NWT

That's the kind of answer I thought you would reply with, You know damned good and well there IS no way this situation the United States got into in the last 35 years can be "changed rather fast". RJ
RJ308,
It’s people like you who are the followers that rely on the status quo . Like I said if you have to ask it’s beyond your comprehension level. Your ignorance to the real world is obvious. Your thought process is of a follower. Probably a liberal Democrat Obama voter too!
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

So that is your excuse for still buying everything you can from China. We have money hungry non patriotic companies that have sold out completely to the communist. When will you stand up? When you're being put in re education camps and having your organ harvested. I am serious, what is your level before your do what you can to prevent that from happening with your money.

So that is your excuse for still buying everything you can from China. We have money hungry non patriotic companies that have sold out completely to the communist. When will you stand up? When you're being put in re education camps and having your organ harvested. I am serious, what is your level before your do what you can to prevent that from happening with your money.

You may not have noticed that my tongue was in my cheek when I posted that.

He's a fugktard
You know why there is a Schott Glass factory in China and not Germany or the US? Green laws - no lead glass. Therefore the Chinese say "no Greenie here, we built it!" Lead bullets? Last lead smelter in the US closed in 2013. Where is the lead coming from that we shoot, guys?

When Clinton gave the ChiComs Most Favored Nation Status, the two economies become interdependent. I'd rather buy American. Trouble is, the playing field is not level and we can't produce some of the stuff we need due to environmental laws.

You want good batteries or magnets? Need Rare Earth Metals. We have them in California only in Mountain Pass mine. Chinese own 10% of the company and buy every once the mine produces. Afghanistan has them - oops, can't get those right now either. China soon will.

So to all the haters, don't bitch at the guys buying a scope on price when you should be focusing on the administrations that allowed foreign control over our uranium production, foreign investment in strategic minerals, gave the CCP favored trade status and shut down 100's of production sectors over "Green Policies and Green energy". The CCP didn't come here at and point a gun at us (yet), they were invited as guests. Dimwits that did it just could see why it would be bad for us....
Xi JinPing is another MAO. We haven’t seen this type of aggression in along time . Ping will sacrifice any agreements for more power and world domination. The joke in China is there are 7 in power in China , 8 if you included Obama . There is no democracy , seven communists control the billions of Chinese. We all need to pay attention or we are going to get our asses handed to us. Look at Hong Kong, Taiwan, North Korea,Africa, Australia, and recently Afghanistan. China is not our trade partner but the greatest adversary we have ever faced. To say we just have to continue dealing with them as business as usual is only playing into their hand as they seek to destroy the free world as we know it. It’s wake up time. If you don’t believe it , you will become a large part of the inevitable collapse in power and freedom. China Communist Party is a evil regime with a military of hundreds of millions of robot soldiers that will do anything Xi JinPing tells them to do . Watch the news and their military build up parades . That’s the future.
Originally Posted by NWT
RJ308,
It’s people like you who are the followers that rely on the status quo . Like I said if you have to ask it’s beyond your comprehension level. Your ignorance to the real world is obvious. Your thought process is of a follower. Probably a liberal Democrat Obama voter too!

No you're wrong NWT. I'm a trump supporter and I have never voted Democrat in my life. I have not lived in the United states for 7 and a half years but I still want the best for the country I was born and raised in..I live in Eastern Europe and don't have as large of a selection of sport optics as those in the U.S. but I still stay away from Chinese made sport optics as much as possible. You may not realize it, but I am on your side of this subject and your energies would be better served if directed towards those who do not have a preference at all as to whether their purchase is Chinese or made elsewhere. RJ
Originally Posted by NWT
Xi JinPing is another MAO. We haven’t seen this type of aggression in along time . Ping will sacrifice any agreements for more power and world domination. The joke in China is there are 7 in power in China , 8 if you included Obama . There is no democracy , seven communists control the billions of Chinese. We all need to pay attention or we are going to get our asses handed to us. Look at Hong Kong, Taiwan, North Korea,Africa, Australia, and recently Afghanistan. China is not our trade partner but the greatest adversary we have ever faced. To say we just have to continue dealing with them as business as usual is only playing into their hand as they seek to destroy the free world as we know it. It’s wake up time. If you don’t believe it , you will become a large part of the inevitable collapse in power and freedom. China Communist Party is a evil regime with a military of hundreds of millions of robot soldiers that will do anything Xi JinPing tells them to do . Watch the news and their military build up parades . That’s the future.

All this because of rifle scopes? Give me a break... Sure China is a threat but you planting your flag on this hill is stupidity. Disparaging comments, calling people names, and talking about someone's voting record when you don't have a clue is more of your stupidity. The scope industry is a drop in the ocean compared to what else "We in the US" support China with. I get it - you only '"buy Chicom when you have to". That my friend is the definition of hypocrisy and compromise, especially in the context of this discussion. All you and clowns like you do is alienate the very ones that agree with you in principle. Oh, and just for the record - ordered a second Athlon last night - if anything like the first, will be just the ticket on my 25/06.
RL and a Few Others,
If you even had a clue you would realize this is not about rifle scopes.
Enough said.
NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
RL and a Few Others,
Enough said.
NWT

Actually it is. The title of the thread, "Re: Is Anyone Actually Buying Communist China Scopes?

That's what YOU chose to title this thread.

Get a clue. If you want to make the discussion "more" than about rifle scopes - start another thread.
I would buy Leupold non working scopes first
Georgia Boy/
Your simple minded response is exactly what I am discussing.
China , it doesn’t matter if you are supporting them buying sport optics, tampons , micro chips , cooking utensils , or pharmaceuticals, you have a choice. Any day the CCP can say sorry no more sourcing to the capitalists . Just like they did with Hospital personal protection gear during the start of the China Virus. Are you really that stupid?
Originally Posted by NWT
RL and a Few Others,
Enough said.
NWT

Actually it is. The title of the thread, "Re: Is Anyone Actually Buying Communist China Scopes?

That's what YOU chose to title this thread.

Get a clue. If you want to make the discussion "more" than about rifle scopes - start another thread.

GA Boy - exactly what I was said too. In fact looks like you said it first. NWT made it about rifle scopes and when called on it because of his hypocrisy is backpedaling faster than a Biden news conference.
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I would buy Leupold non working scopes first

You have no idea how much I am relieved to hear that......
Originally Posted by NWT
RL and a Few Others,
Enough said.
NWT

YOU made it about rifle scopes by asking the question. I gave an honest answer and then you go on a rant about how unpatriotic it is to buy Chicom. I have got a clue and in spite of your simpleton mind get it that China along with other nations are a threat to the USA. Fact is I understand fully the economical impact China has on the US - apparently you are the one lacking basic economic principles. I also know that buying a rifle scope from a US company that was made in China is not going to make a hill of beans difference. Not when you are typing on a phone or computer with Chinese parts, driving a vehicle with Chinese made electronics, washing your clothes or getting your beer out of an appliance made predominately in China. But you can say I didn't buy a Chicom scope... Thank you so much for your patriotic hypocritical chastisement of me buying an Athlon. Bet you bleed red, white and blue too.
For those who live in the real world.

EuroOptic Athalon Argos BTR 6-24x50 closeout deal
RL- It is about Rifle Scopes and everything else made by the CCP . Pretty hard for you to comprehend , Ah?? Enjoy your CCP made crap and be proud every time you look at your rifle scope with the MADE IN CHINA badging on it.
One of America’s greatest freedoms is our shooting sports , it’s uniformed and uncaring people like you who will surrender your freedoms first.
You have to wear a uniform to be uncaring?......
Anyone here who does not understand the Big picture going on in the world with the CCP is oblivious to the future.
NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
RL- It is about Rifle Scopes and everything else made by the CCP . Pretty hard for you to comprehend , Ah?? Enjoy your CCP made crap and be proud every time you look at your rifle scope with the MADE IN CHINA badging on it.
One of America’s greatest freedoms is our shooting sports , it’s uniformed and uncaring people like you who will surrender your freedoms first.

My comprehension is just fine. You keep talking in circles. So, now I am the type to surrender my freedom uh? You are a douche bag incapable of having a real conversation. KMA.
RL,
Not trying to carry on a intelligent conversation with you at all!! You proved that was impossible several hours ago. Keep defending your purchases of Chinese Communist crap and your brilliant take on your CCP friends while you keep your head so far up your ass all you can see is how YOU are saving yourself some money . It’s the principle dipshit but again you have none of those . Very few people on hunting/gun related USA boards will purchase Communist Chinese [bleep] if given a option , unfortunately you are one of them.
NWT
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by NWT

My comprehension is just fine. You keep talking in circles. So, now I am the type to surrender my freedom uh? You are a douche bag incapable of having a real conversation. KMA.

NWT has been here since April 2020. He has 113 posts.

He starts a thread entitled, Re: Is Anyone Buying Communist China Scopes?

People give their opinion - and stay on topic.

NWT obliviously doesn't get the response he wanted. However, the responses he got were exactly on topic.

SO, what does he do. He impugns the integrity of other forum members. He questions our intelligence. And becomes condescending as the thread progresses.

You are not wrong in some of the positions you have taken. You simply chose to express them off topic.

113 posts - and you have already established yourself as someone to ignore.

Show some respect for members who have been here for a while. And GROW UP.

Perhaps, in time, you can redeem yourself.

113 posts?? And you know it all. LOL!!
Georgia Boy,
It doesn’t matter if this is someone’s first post or ten thousandth post. You are supporting and defending Chinese Communist made goods when you have other options. What does that have to do with how many posts someone has made?? You proved your stance , you buy Chinese Communist products when you have other options. That is your stance. You have lost your respect from many on this forum. Just because you are on here all the time makes your case for supporting Communist made sport optics viable? Really? What a great point you have made. Keep defending yourself so we can all see your true colors .
You too are defending your purchases of Communist Chinese sport optics and other CCP manufactured goods when you have other options. This must be a rather sensitive subject for you too since you are so defensive about it.
My stand is clear, on items you have options on , f*** the CCP and what they stand for. Saving a few bucks in the lifetime of some sport optic is really worth your Dignity ? Again enjoy the MADE IN CHINA nameplate on your sport optics and other products and what it represents. China CCP wants to destroy your wat of life and you want to defend them ! WTF?
NWT
Funny how the commie china haters come out in full force in a scope discussion but a generator thread is full of wuhan lovers.
Originally Posted by NWT
Georgia Boy,
It doesn’t matter if this is someone’s first post or ten thousandth post. You are supporting and defending Chinese Communist made goods when you have other options. What does that have to do with how many posts someone has made?? You proved your stance , you buy Chinese Communist products when you have other options. That is your stance. You have lost your respect from many on this forum. Just because you are on here all the time makes your case for supporting Communist made sport optics viable? Really? What a great point you have made. Keep defending yourself so we can all see your true colors .
You too are defending your purchases of Communist Chinese sport optics and other CCP manufactured goods when you have other options. This must be a rather sensitive subject for you too since you are so defensive about it.
My stand is clear, on items you have options on , f*** the CCP and what they stand for. Saving a few bucks in the lifetime of some sport optic is really worth your Dignity ? Again enjoy the MADE IN CHINA nameplate on your sport optics and other products and what it represents. China CCP wants to destroy your wat of life and you want to defend them ! WTF?
NWT

I will post one more time on this thread. I am trying to help you. Hopefully you will shut your mouth long enough to open your ears.

Your intention for posting this thread is now clear. You wanted to pick a fight and make a point. You used scopes to hide your malice.

You could have let it go. But you did not. That only proves you are an idiot.

You presume to know the thoughts, intents, and motives behind other peoples actions.

You are being argumentative because you are ignorant.

Anyone who buys a optic made in China - in your little world - is a CCP supporter. Is that your point? This is a debate tactic of a 7th grader. This shows your immaturity.

No one on this forum is a CCP supporter. NO ONE! And concluding that just because one chooses to purchase a scope made in China IS a CCP supporter only shows how shallow and sophomoric you think.

If you want to have a conversation about purchasing products made in China, then take an honest approach. Be a man. Start another thread - with an accurate title. Don't crouch your intentions behind a deceptive title.

Begin with an accurate title. State your point. Order your reasons. And offer your conclusion. If other members care to engage with you they will. If they don't, you'll know that the adults in the room are not interested in conversing with children.

From this point on, I'm taking the advice of a wise, elderly Negro lady. "The best answer for a fool - is - silence".

GB
Originally Posted by NWT
RL,
Not trying to carry on a intelligent conversation with you at all!! You proved that was impossible several hours ago. Keep defending your purchases of Chinese Communist crap and your brilliant take on your CCP friends while you keep your head so far up your ass all you can see is how YOU are saving yourself some money . It’s the principle dipshit but again you have none of those . Very few people on hunting/gun related USA boards will purchase Communist Chinese [bleep] if given a option , unfortunately you are one of them.
NWT

I don't need to defend crap to you douche bag. I believe you really are that ignorant. It's the principle??? First off you don't have principles, all you are is a little hypocritical bitch crying to mama. I'll save MY money as I see fit and don't give a rat's what you think little man. You are also full of it if you think there aren't a lot of hunters buying the same scopes I am. Now take your little man syndrome somewhere else. I am tired of humoring you.
Not this guy
Nor fishing equipment
I have been forced to the used market but it’s out there if you look
Virtue Signaling.
So rare on the Fire.
Originally Posted by NWT
Georgia Boy,
NWT

I will post one more time on this thread. I am trying to help you. Hopefully you will shut your mouth long enough to open your ears.

Your intention for posting this thread is now clear. You wanted to pick a fight and make a point. You used scopes to hide your malice.

You could have let it go. But you did not. That only proves you are an idiot.

You presume to know the thoughts, intents, and motives behind other peoples actions.

You are being argumentative because you are ignorant.

Anyone who buys a optic made in China - in your little world - is a CCP supporter. Is that your point? This is a debate tactic of a 7th grader. This shows your immaturity.

No one on this forum is a CCP supporter. NO ONE! And concluding that just because one chooses to purchase a scope made in China IS a CCP supporter only shows how shallow and sophomoric you think.

If you want to have a conversation about purchasing products made in China, then take an honest approach. Be a man. Start another thread - with an accurate title. Don't crouch your intentions behind a deceptive title.

Begin with an accurate title. State your point. Order your reasons. And offer your conclusion. If other members care to engage with you they will. If they don't, you'll know that the adults in the room are not interested in conversing with children.

From this point on, I'm taking the advice of a wise, elderly Negro lady. "The best answer for a fool - is - silence".

GB

GAboy, that post right there says it all. Wish I had taken that same road earlier too. I let myself get caught up in a meaningless argument - following your lead on this, I'm done too. Thanks for bringing sense back.
Just rolled in, not a scope but god damn you can’t escape chink shiit!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

There's a good chance that is you own a newer, "American made" vehicle, it has ChiCom parts on it.
Sh-t stirring Troll going on about Chinese made scopes all the while typing it on a Chinese made device..
This thread is ridiculous. Almost everything tech is made in China. Suddenly a rifle scope is the litmus test for being a piece of [bleep] and commie lover.
There’s pretty much no way of escaping it, unless the good Ol USA starts paying factory workers $2 a hour… let that sink in
If it says made in china and there are no other choices then I'll have to do without.

You do as you see fit.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

There's a good chance that is you own a newer, "American made" vehicle, it has ChiCom parts on it.

This is what it comes down to.

drover
Please cease with the commie talk, capitalism is far more corrupt.
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Worse yet, I wonder how many 'fire members are using Chicom computers and smartphones.........?
Originally Posted by erich
Sh-t stirring Troll going on about Chinese made scopes all the while typing it on a Chinese made device..

lol........yep
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Worse yet, I wonder how many 'fire members are using Chicom computers and smartphones.........?

Are there any non-Chinese computers and smart phones?
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Are there any non-Chinese computers and smart phones?
Samsung is mostly made in South Korea.

Apple is made in China.
Originally Posted by Bugger
I go out of my way not to buy Chinese! But sometimes it happens - trying hard not to though. I believe that China is trying to take over the world.

Same. Sometimes you can't avoid it. But I sure try to.

What fugging car is made in China?

Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Bugger

Same. Sometimes you can't avoid it. But I sure try to.

+1
Let's get real ... if all the Chinese made stuff all of a sudden disappeared most of us would be sitting naked in an empty room.

And......
Originally Posted by pricedo
Let's get real ... if all the Chinese made stuff all of a sudden disappeared most of us would be sitting naked in an empty room.

I am not sure what that has to do with rifle scopes. There are plenty of cost and quality competitive non-Chinese scopes. Why buy Chinese when there are great options?
We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.
Originally Posted by sidepass

Since all the COVID crap, who knows, but Buick, Cadillac, and Volvo have sold Chinese made vehicles in the US.
I have been making a effort to not purchase Chinese products in any case I can. Yes there are products where there are no options, however, I do look to find what I can. As far as Pacific Rim products I have no problems. Just moving away from Chinese.
GreggH
I wonder if one started up an optics company from scratch right here in the U.S. and focused on making a scope that is completely 100% Made In USA, soup to nuts, if it would even succeed? I'm saying move heaven and earth to source every small detail from stuff mined, refined, processed in North America - right down to the rubber in the O-rings and coatings on the glass (if it were even possible that stuff could be sourced from here), and that includes the extremely high-tech machinery and instruments needed to manufacture it too. And let's not forget the wages for everybody in the pipeline being sufficient to afford a solid middle class lifestyle. How would such a philosophy drive the cost of the final product, and would people pay the money for it out of loyalty/patriotism? I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison. Betcha they would slowly sell maybe, maybe, a pickup truck full and then quietly lock the doors and turn out the lights.

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison.
Why would it cost more than a European-built Swarovski or Zeiss? They have pretty high wages there.
I wonder if one started up an optics company from scratch right here in the U.S. and focused on making a scope that is completely 100% Made In USA, soup to nuts, if it would even succeed? I'm saying move heaven and earth to source every small detail from stuff mined, refined, processed in North America - right down to the rubber in the O-rings and coatings on the glass (if it were even possible that stuff could be sourced from here), and that includes the extremely high-tech machinery and instruments needed to manufacture it too. And let's not forget the wages for everybody in the pipeline being sufficient to afford a solid middle class lifestyle. How would such a philosophy drive the cost of the final product, and would people pay the money for it out of loyalty/patriotism? I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison. Betcha they would slowly sell maybe, maybe, a pickup truck full and then quietly lock the doors and turn out the lights.

gnoahhh - To answer, one probably only has to look at the cell-phone market....

The Librem 5 is one of the lower priced smart phones these days, at around $800........... The Librem 5 USA, supposedly an exact duplicate, manufactured wholly within the US is ........$2000.......

It would be the same for rifle optics..........
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by sidepass

Since all the COVID crap, who knows, but Buick, Cadillac, and Volvo have sold Chinese made vehicles in the US.

Link please. No need I found that a Chinese plant does build the Buick Envision. A Chinese plant builds Cadillac's for their own market. Volvo has a Chinese plant build S90's which are also built in Sweden.

Wow!
I am going to buy a scope. It won’t be made in China.. it will probably be a Meopta or Made in Japan
Originally Posted by Huntz
We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.

Any Chinese food?
Yes. That is Chairman Xi's intention.
Yes. I buy Chinese scopes. And if China ever shows up on my doorstep, they will work just fine.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison.
Why would it cost more than a European-built Swarovski or Zeiss? They have pretty high wages there.
It should cost less, at least if the scope industry pays like the gun industry, which is far from a solid middle class income for the rank and file.

Are there any U.S. plants making the high-quality optical glass necessary? Seem to recall that almost everyone uses glass sourced from “over there someplace”.
What the Chinese are making very high-quality version of right now is CHILDREN.

The USA is going 180 degrees in the opposite direction. We are literally ruining our children, physically, emotionally, intellectually, and socially. All of them; but especially the boys. My wife is an educator, the stories I hear would curdle your blood.

Obviously there’s a lot to unpack but I’ll leave it at that. But all the political sturm und drang flying around is just a buncha window dressing and distraction compared to the real crises in America: the kids. It won’t get fixed because that would require acknowledging the problem and our utter responsibility as the supposed adults in the room.

This isn’t political. I live in a Trumpy area. They are ruining their kids as bad as the snowflakes are. Maybe worse.

Bowing out so y’all can argue about shït that doesn’t matter compared to the one thing that matters MOST.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Are there any U.S. plants making the high-quality optical glass necessary? Seem to recall that almost everyone uses glass sourced from “over there someplace”.

Yes, it's expensive and used for other than scopes. Vortex AMG is 100% at $3600 msrp.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Yes. I buy Chinese scopes. And if China ever shows up on my doorstep, they will work just fine.
If they do, you paid for their ticket.
Lots of excuses from retailers selling the CCP made optics. Pretty weak defense , it’s all about the greed.
End users pretty much the same.
Many brands are just blatantly made by the CCP. These are the absolute worse offenders, these brands should be avoided like the China Virus. Retailers are pushing this CCP made crap. Just look at the Ads on 24 Hour.
If one does even a little bit of homework you can discover what Brands and retailers who are trying to hide the origin of most of their components in the optics they are pushing.
Japanese glass is great and they also HATE the f Uckin CCP.
Wake up time. Those who support the Chinese Communist Party and retailers pushing this crap, on your purchases of products where you have a choice today, will only push out legitimate manufacturers who will be forced out of business in the very near future, because end users and retailers are only worried about making money or saving a couple of dollars and are to ignorant to care about the future.
I can’t believe how many new companies pop up that offer all China made chit. Vector optics 🤮
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

The USA is going 180 degrees in the opposite direction. We are literally ruining our children, physically, emotionally, intellectually, and socially. All of them; but especially the boys. My wife is an educator, the stories I hear would curdle your blood.

Obviously there’s a lot to unpack but I’ll leave it at that. But all the political sturm und drang flying around is just a buncha window dressing and distraction compared to the real crises in America: the kids. It won’t get fixed because that would require acknowledging the problem and our utter responsibility as the supposed adults in the room.

This isn’t political. I live in a Trumpy area. They are ruining their kids as bad as the snowflakes are. Maybe worse.

Bowing out so y’all can argue about shït that doesn’t matter compared to the one thing that matters MOST.

Western Oregon is a real Trump area and Trump is forcing good conservative Oregon children to join Antifa? And Trump is making the Antifa children burn down Portland for the past 18 months. Did you fall off your step ladder and bang your head again Jeff?

Right out of the Obama playbook, blame Trump and then go about your own devious ways to ruin America even faster.

Postpartum abortions should be legal so mothers could correct their mistakes, like you, once they realize what a mess people like you make.

Cool story, Bro.
Nope. Not wearing anything made in China nor does anyone need to. If you do it is because you choose to.
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

Chances are you and a lot of us are viewing this thread on phone made in China.
China can eat a bag of dicks.

If you want stop buying products made in China, just don't buy anything.
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

And Your Point Is??
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

And Your Point Is??

That your a hypocrit, I think?
JG,
It’s uniformed , cheap , lazy, dumb asses like you who think AMERICANS do not have a choice not buying from the CCP on many items!
JG and others like “You” can go fund the CCP military . Dumbass
Chinascottfromdallas can eat a bag of dicks.

Originally Posted by kingston

Ok Crybaby.
I'd bet more people buy scopes from China than from anywhere else. I mean geeze, off the top of my head you've got Tasco, Simmons, Vortex, Bushnell, Hawke, Conus, Tru Glo and lord knows how many others peddling Chinese scopes. Many of them carried by the big box stores where average Joe is most likely to buy.
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
Originally Posted by kingston

Ok Crybaby.

Chinese apologist.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I'd bet more people buy scopes from China than from anywhere else. I mean geeze, off the top of my head you've got Tasco, Simmons, Vortex, Bushnell, Hawke, Conus, Tru Glo and lord knows how many others peddling Chinese scopes. Many of them carried by the big box stores where average Joe is most likely to buy.

was your single wide made in China blackie? You can eat a bag of Jeffos
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

And Your Point Is??

Comrade JG Raider,
Here is a question for you while you ignorantly defend your CCP made products and purchases:
What country has full size replica targets of the United States Naval fleet including our Carriers, Destroyers, and Other Battleships in the Taklamaka Desert for target practice and identification purposes?
Ding Ding Ding ....the answer is, you ignorant DUMB ASS “THE CCP”
Maybe you didn’t pass grade school, but have you ever heard of Pearl Harbor and the Japanese Imperial Navy?......they did the same reconstructions before attacking the USA you DUMB ASS

This isn't a thread about not buying anything from China. It's a thread about not buying scopes made in China. It may not be possible to avoid all Chinese products, but it is possible to avoid scopes that bear the words Made in China, and any freedom loving American would do well to do just that.
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

And Your Point Is??

Comrade JG Raider,
Here is a question for you while you ignorantly defend your CCP made products and purchases:
What country has full size replica targets of the United States Naval fleet including our Carriers, Destroyers, and Other Battleships in the Taklamaka Desert for target practice and identification purposes?
Ding Ding Ding ....the answer is, you ignorant DUMB ASS “THE CCP”
Maybe you didn’t pass grade school, but have you ever heard of Pearl Harbor and the Japanese Imperial Navy?......they did the same reconstructions before attacking the USA you DUMB ASS

What product am I defending, specifically?
JG Raider,
YOUR IGNORANCE!
You're too freaking stupid to even converse with. Adios dumbasss.
Originally Posted by NWT
JG Raider,
YOUR IGNORANCE!

You don't appear to be the sharpest marble in the sack. Bless your heart.

This isn't a thread about not buying anything from China. It's a thread about not buying scopes made in China. It may not be possible to avoid all Chinese products, but it is possible to avoid scopes that bear the words Made in China, and any freedom loving American would do well to do just that.

This
Unless you want a 4x scope.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

S&B
Swarovski
Leica

That's a nice fambly.

I've got:

Aimpoint
Burriss
Bushnell
Eotech
Leupold
Swarovski
Trijicon
Zeiss

Don't think there's anything from China there, but what do I know.
Nothing Chinese here. USA, Japan, Sweden, Germany and a couple Philippine made Burris FFII 3-9x which is about as low as I’ll go.

Got a couple Chinese AK’s though that Aren’’t going anywhere.
Burris X 1
Leupold X 2
Swarovski X 1
Nightforce X 2
Zeiss X 7

Leica LRF

Now that I think on it... I’m gonna cop to a Tasco 3-9 “World Class” on my .20 cal pellet rifle. Ooops. Bought that POS ~ 20 years ago... not positive it’s even from China but probably is.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

S&B
Swarovski
Leica

That's a nice fambly.

I've got:

Aimpoint
Burriss
Bushnell
Eotech
Leupold
Swarovski
Trijicon
Zeiss

Don't think there's anything from China there, but what do I know.

I got a made in China Leupold rangefinder and 2 Hawke Crossbow scopes. Leupold works fine and it should for 300 and change. The Hawkes are going to be replaced next year .
Don't go out shopping for Chinese schit but at times there is no alternative. Because of that we are screwed and many don't realize it.

g
All my scopes are made in Japan, even a lowly $200 Bushnell 10x40. None cost me over $350, even new. I think even when starting out that all my scopes were made in the Philippines, not China.

It helps that they are good scopes. I recently ordered some binoculars that were made in the Philippines - the only ones in the price range that I could find that weren't made in China. They were disappointing and I returned them - the optical/build quality was behind several made in China competitors.
I’ll buy MiJ all day long and twice on Sundays. Scopes, cars, tooling and machinery for my shop, outboards for my boats.... if it’s made in Japan count me in. The Japanese do not screw around. My last (6) scopes are MiJ- a Nightforce SHV, and (5) Zeiss V4’s. Excellent.

China is ascending, America is descending. This is the simple geopolitical reality of our time. Sucks. Bitching about it online won’t change a thing. Not ruining our children would be a great start, but it seems today’s parents cannot be bothered to, you know, parent. Give the kid a screen and wifi and crap for food, then wonder why they are waddling around the elementary school playground on Adderall.

GIGO isn’t just about computing....
I’ll buy MiJ all day long and twice on Sundays. Scopes, cars, tooling and machinery for my shop, outboards for my boats.... if it’s made in Japan count me in. The Japanese do not screw around. My last (6) scopes are MiJ- a Nightforce SHV, and (5) Zeiss V4’s. Excellent.

China is ascending, America is descending. This is the simple geopolitical reality of our time. Sucks. Bitching about it online won’t change a thing. Not ruining our children would be a great start, but it seems today’s parents cannot be bothered to, you know, parent. Give the kid a screen and wifi and crap for food, then wonder why they are waddling around the elementary school playground on Adderall.

GIGO isn’t just about computing....

NO this is what power and money hungry Democrats and some Republicans wanted . You voted for Biden, you accelerated the process DumbPhuck. You will never understand ever the damage your party has inflicted since the 50's. You are too dense.
I just bought a Bushnell Prime 3-9x40 with illuminated plex for a muzzleloader I have. I have two other non-illuminated Primes, on a .22 and on a 12g slug gun. The two non-illuminated Primes are made in Korea, but my new illuminated Ptime is made in China. Other than the Made In China marking and the illumination, it appears to be exactly like the others. I try to avoid Made In China as much as I can, but its impossible.
Thankfully don’t own any overtly Chinese made optics, and won’t anytime soon. I think Holosun sights are the only thing I’ve ever even considered buying..

But I have a Serious question: does anyone know how many American made, European made, Japan made, or Phillipino made optics use components sourced from China? Assuming some/all of these companies do use components from China, is there any avoiding sending money to Chinese interests?
It’s not possible to avoid sending money to Chinese interests. Our economy is completely dependant on their manufacturing. If many many Americans couldn’t buy cheap Chinese goods, they’d be in essence living as 3rd world’ers because they couldn’t afford the alternative. That $5 pair of shoes for the kid at Walmart is a life saver for folks at the lower end of the American economic ladder.

We can’t yell our way out of this, vote our way out of this, wish our way out, or gaslight ourselves into believing little symbolic acts (like not buying Chinese scopes) makes an iota of difference. What we could do, if we had an ounce of backbone, is put on our big boy pants and get to the hard work of COMPETING. Did you know China drastically limits “screen time” for children? American parents should do that, but they won’t, because an iPhone is the ultimate babysitter. These screens are quite literally changing the wiring of their developing brains. There’s no undo button here. Now add in the nutritional horror show that is what we “feed” our kids. Now add in the insidious effect of the pseudo hormones in the food supply. Did you know penis size in boys has shrunk a bunch? At first that’s funny but let that sink in. We are physically turning our boys into something else. So their brains are getting wired up wrong, they get no exercise, they are FAT, they are hormonally trending more towards being female, and they are viewing porn and extreme violence as much as a decade before “we” did as kids. What does it do to an 8-year-old to see a woman having sex with a snake? To see snuff videos? Or pretend snuff videos. I didn’t see my first playboy until I was probably 11-12 years old, in the mid 70’s. Much less see all manner of live-action deviant sex. Remember when “Scarface” was an example of extreme violence? That seems comical now. And parents can’t be bothered to keep all this [bleep] out of their kids heads because that would mean saying “no”, and they don’t do that anymore.

China will eat our lunch because they have been, are now, and will continue to out-hustle us. Americans, both red and blue, are lazy and entitled by comparison. Get used to the downward trajectory.
© 24hourcampfire