Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I wonder if one started up an optics company from scratch right here in the U.S. and focused on making a scope that is completely 100% Made In USA, soup to nuts, if it would even succeed? I'm saying move heaven and earth to source every small detail from stuff mined, refined, processed in North America - right down to the rubber in the O-rings and coatings on the glass (if it were even possible that stuff could be sourced from here), and that includes the extremely high-tech machinery and instruments needed to manufacture it too. And let's not forget the wages for everybody in the pipeline being sufficient to afford a solid middle class lifestyle. How would such a philosophy drive the cost of the final product, and would people pay the money for it out of loyalty/patriotism? I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison. Betcha they would slowly sell maybe, maybe, a pickup truck full and then quietly lock the doors and turn out the lights.

Are there any U.S. plants making the high-quality optical glass necessary? Seem to recall that almost everyone uses glass sourced from “over there someplace”.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What the Chinese are making very high-quality version of right now is CHILDREN.

The USA is going 180 degrees in the opposite direction. We are literally ruining our children, physically, emotionally, intellectually, and socially. All of them; but especially the boys. My wife is an educator, the stories I hear would curdle your blood.

Obviously there’s a lot to unpack but I’ll leave it at that. But all the political sturm und drang flying around is just a buncha window dressing and distraction compared to the real crises in America: the kids. It won’t get fixed because that would require acknowledging the problem and our utter responsibility as the supposed adults in the room.

This isn’t political. I live in a Trumpy area. They are ruining their kids as bad as the snowflakes are. Maybe worse.

Bowing out so y’all can argue about shït that doesn’t matter compared to the one thing that matters MOST.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I wonder if one started up an optics company from scratch right here in the U.S. and focused on making a scope that is completely 100% Made In USA, soup to nuts, if it would even succeed? I'm saying move heaven and earth to source every small detail from stuff mined, refined, processed in North America - right down to the rubber in the O-rings and coatings on the glass (if it were even possible that stuff could be sourced from here), and that includes the extremely high-tech machinery and instruments needed to manufacture it too. And let's not forget the wages for everybody in the pipeline being sufficient to afford a solid middle class lifestyle. How would such a philosophy drive the cost of the final product, and would people pay the money for it out of loyalty/patriotism? I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison. Betcha they would slowly sell maybe, maybe, a pickup truck full and then quietly lock the doors and turn out the lights.

Are there any U.S. plants making the high-quality optical glass necessary? Seem to recall that almost everyone uses glass sourced from “over there someplace”.

Yes, it's expensive and used for other than scopes. Vortex AMG is 100% at $3600 msrp.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Calvin
Yes. I buy Chinese scopes. And if China ever shows up on my doorstep, they will work just fine.
If they do, you paid for their ticket.

N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Lots of excuses from retailers selling the CCP made optics. Pretty weak defense , it’s all about the greed.
End users pretty much the same.
Many brands are just blatantly made by the CCP. These are the absolute worse offenders, these brands should be avoided like the China Virus. Retailers are pushing this CCP made crap. Just look at the Ads on 24 Hour.
If one does even a little bit of homework you can discover what Brands and retailers who are trying to hide the origin of most of their components in the optics they are pushing.
Japanese glass is great and they also HATE the f Uckin CCP.
Wake up time. Those who support the Chinese Communist Party and retailers pushing this crap, on your purchases of products where you have a choice today, will only push out legitimate manufacturers who will be forced out of business in the very near future, because end users and retailers are only worried about making money or saving a couple of dollars and are to ignorant to care about the future.

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I can’t believe how many new companies pop up that offer all China made chit. Vector optics 🤮

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

The USA is going 180 degrees in the opposite direction. We are literally ruining our children, physically, emotionally, intellectually, and socially. All of them; but especially the boys. My wife is an educator, the stories I hear would curdle your blood.

Obviously there’s a lot to unpack but I’ll leave it at that. But all the political sturm und drang flying around is just a buncha window dressing and distraction compared to the real crises in America: the kids. It won’t get fixed because that would require acknowledging the problem and our utter responsibility as the supposed adults in the room.

This isn’t political. I live in a Trumpy area. They are ruining their kids as bad as the snowflakes are. Maybe worse.

Bowing out so y’all can argue about shït that doesn’t matter compared to the one thing that matters MOST.

Western Oregon is a real Trump area and Trump is forcing good conservative Oregon children to join Antifa? And Trump is making the Antifa children burn down Portland for the past 18 months. Did you fall off your step ladder and bang your head again Jeff?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Right out of the Obama playbook, blame Trump and then go about your own devious ways to ruin America even faster.

Postpartum abortions should be legal so mothers could correct their mistakes, like you, once they realize what a mess people like you make.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Cool story, Bro.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope. Not wearing anything made in China nor does anyone need to. If you do it is because you choose to.

God Bless America
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by NWT
Are there really USA buyers who are purchasing rifle scopes manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party?
NWT

Chances are you and a lot of us are viewing this thread on phone made in China.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
China can eat a bag of dicks.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

If you want stop buying products made in China, just don't buy anything.

Scott
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Originally Posted by NWT
Are there really USA buyers who are purchasing rifle scopes manufactured by the Chinese Communist Party?
NWT

And Your Point Is??

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
Originally Posted by NWT
NWT

And Your Point Is??

That your a hypocrit, I think?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
N
NWT Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
JG,
It’s uniformed , cheap , lazy, dumb asses like you who think AMERICANS do not have a choice not buying from the CCP on many items!
JG and others like “You” can go fund the CCP military . Dumbass

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chinascottfromdallas can eat a bag of dicks.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Chinascottfromdallas can eat a bag of dicks.

Ok Crybaby.

Scott
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd bet more people buy scopes from China than from anywhere else. I mean geeze, off the top of my head you've got Tasco, Simmons, Vortex, Bushnell, Hawke, Conus, Tru Glo and lord knows how many others peddling Chinese scopes. Many of them carried by the big box stores where average Joe is most likely to buy.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 44 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.