Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Just asking, I bought a new rifle bbl that was advertised from a company & paid for it with my debit card, after 4 months of not getting my rifle bbl I asked for a refund, they said no problem but would charge me a $25 fee, said that it was for using the card, of course shipping was paid from me, I figured that if you advertise something for sale & charge my card before you send it that you should not charge me a fee. It held me from getting my gun together and I ordered another bbl from some other maker & they said that when they get it ready that they would text me & I would pay for it then. Any comments on this

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You paid them for something that they could not deliver on I’d understand if you got it and returned it or changed your mind and cancelled the order soon after. But they dropped the ball selling an item they couldn’t deliver on unless they specified a time period it would take to get it. Sounds like the fee should be on them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sounds rather chicken shi t, but what are you gonna' do ? Might contact the card company and dispute the charge/fee.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
contact card company dispute charge.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Craigster
Sounds rather chicken shi t, but what are you gonna' do ? Might contact the card company and dispute the charge/fee.

Do this. Your CC Company should back you.

Jim

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's about like selling stuff here and only sending the buyer 80% of it. Just wrong.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
That's a.crappy deal,they should eat any "fees" since the issue was on their end

Give up their name so that no one on 24 HR gets screwed by them

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Torqued
That's a.crappy deal,they should eat any "fees" since the issue was on their end

Give up their name so that no one on 24 HR gets screwed by them

Absolutely,
Our power is collectively, not individually.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
This ☝🏻

Honorary Gouger per Travis
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Would this be like receiving a Ruger Charger without a bipod 🤣

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Most places do not charge you u until item ships. I think that is pretty chickensh t. I would dispute card charge also and let them eat the charge for their crap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you may want to inform us who this was!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Was it a special order? Special contour?
I’d like some more details - you stated it “was advertised.” So already made and they just didn’t ship? Or you got tired of the wait while they were making it? Specifics on this one are important - although it certainly seems from your presentation that you are getting jobbed a bit.

Probably deserves to be in another forum fwiw.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Unless they told you that delivery would be 4 plus months, that’s a bad deal.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not enough information to go on. Not just to be contrarian...

When the card is charged is State dependant, no?

Most custom orders in retail are money upfront, no refunds, no?

Do they have a terms of service that was agreed upon?

$25 out because you decided otherwise? Seems cheap. Especially if it was custom made for you at your request.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sounds like e.r. shaw. I had the same issue and it was handled horribly by them

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
It was advertised as a in stock blank no special order, just had to ship it out, apparently they didn’t have it & asked if I wanted something different after I question where’s was, & said that they would be getting them in soon, I said that I didn’t want a different twist & bbl that I would wait, soon never happened. I can live with them not being able to get them in the way things are now days, the card fees is what sucks, $25 on a $180 bbl is pretty steep, I am sure that in the fine print somewhere that the card company has it covered. I’ll go to a flea market or yard sale & find a Leupold for $100 & won’t think anything about it. 😀 It is what it is

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Trying to follow.

So, what shipping did you pay for (from your first post, "of course shipping was paid from me")? Did you eventually receive the barrel and then returned it?

Was this a barrel or a blank?

What state is the business located?

For example, in Indiana stuff gets charged as soon as an order placed, whereas Iowa (iirc) the retailer has to wait until the item is ready to ship.

So, I'd suppose, when you agreed to wait, which you did, you agreed to a backorder, bam, card charged, done deal, you're in fee country now.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The shipping was included in the price, like the bbl was $160 & shipping was like $20, nothing is free just included in the price, the card charge included the price of shipping , it was a contour already bbl blank, they never had it to ship, just like you ordered a car tire, this size & make, site said that they had it, now they contact you saying that they don’t have it & do I want another size that is close to it, but they will be getting more in soon, yes I could of went with another bbl but decided to wait on the one I wanted, I am good with all of that, just trying to justify the card charge, ok like 3.5% when they charge my card & 3.5% when they put the money back into my account doesn’t equal $25.00 apparently it’s not 3.5%. math says $12.60. I don’t want the bbl company exposed, I have bought from them before & they were good to go on everything. Just letting you know that this happens probably all the time & we don’t hear about it & of course it was in California my saying is that Jessie James used a gun when he robbed people & these companies use their finger on the computer really not much different 😃

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too late now, but never use a debit card for something like that. There are protections for credit card use to make handling such stuff easier. For $25, I wouldn’t go to much trouble, just cut your loss and move on.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 56 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,803
Posts18,496,365
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.