Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by LouisB
I used to hit the shops pretty regular until the started stocking junk and over priced junk.

Too many people discovered that pawn shops are a good place to look for classics.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by LouisB
I used to hit the shops pretty regular until the started stocking junk and over priced junk.

All I ever seem to see is over priced schitty Mossbergs and the like.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I’ve probably bought over a hundred used guns from pawn shops/gun shops. I have only had one of those firearms (Tristar O/U) turn out to be inherently defective. I had another (Glock) that broke a $2 spring.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like looking for stuff from the 1970’s, familiar from my youth.

If I find a clean bolt action Glenfield .22 with a tubular magazine it’s mine, my cousin who’s more like a brother had one and we shot it a lot.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

If I find a clean bolt action Glenfield .22 with a tubular magazine it’s mine, my cousin who’s more like a brother had one and we shot it a lot.

They were great little rifles. Mine was very accurate.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Learned to shoot with a Marlin 60, so always cool to find one of them in nice shape.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So far, every one I’ve come across, Marlin or Glenfield, has the seven (??) round magazine, I guess the tubular version weren’t that common.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Learned to shoot with a Marlin 60, so always cool to find one of them in nice shape.

Last year when Covid arrived lines were long and Guns were flying off the shelves at Academy. The only semi-auto left on the rack was a new Model 60, $180. In the rush for black rifles people were completely overlooking one of the more useful rifles around.

Apparently at some point Marlin reduced the barrel length along with the magazine capacity from 17 to 14 rounds to comply with a NJ State Law. I don’t mind, makes for a handier rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Last year when Covid arrived lines were long and Guns were flying off the shelves at Academy. The only semi-auto left on the rack was a new Model 60, $180. In the rush for black rifles people were completely overlooking one of the more useful rifles around.

Apparently at some point Marlin reduced the barrel length along with the magazine capacity from 17 to 14 rounds to comply with a NJ State Law. I don’t mind, makes for a handier rifle.

Yep. Love the Marlin or Glenfield Model 60’s. Most reliable 22 autoloader ever made in my opinion. First Semi Auto I ever owned too.
I bought a spare stainless Model 60 right before The Scamdemic started. For a spare Truck Gun.

I’ve also got an old Glenfield Model 16 Carbine with a short barrel I bought on GunBroker a few years back. It was still new and unfired from some Estate Sale.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

So far, every one I’ve come across, Marlin or Glenfield, has the seven (??) round magazine, I guess the tubular version weren’t that common.

No. You don’t see them often. I never cared for the magazine versions. Except for the little take down semi auto like you have.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never cared for the magazine versions. Except for the little take down semi auto like you have.

I have little use for it and you’re welcome to it, PM me if you want to arrange shipping, I’m not sure how that’s done in-state. Durned if I know where the barrel tightening tool gizmo is though. I’d have to look through all my gun junk

The .22 I really miss is the 20” .Mod 24 .22 over 20 gauge I gave to my son, I sorta had to, he learned to shoot with it 30 years ago and his daughter shoots it now 🙂

Now they sell for $600+

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought this FEG Hi Power in a pawn shop for $550 out the door. I put the G10 grips on it and installed new springs.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No. You don’t see them often. I never cared for the magazine versions. Except for the little take down semi auto like you have.

Yep. The old tube versions are the shizzle. Un-Bubba'd.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 13 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,094
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.