Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Hoss get the wagon. Little Joe, grab your gray jacket. Adam. Adam, where the fuuck is Adam?

Forget Adam. Rescue Hop-Sing. At least he can cook.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Hope you don't lose too much if it hits.

Why not drive the vehicles out or are you mentioning "toys"?

Thanks.

These are all toys. Side by side, couple of dirt bikes, a sherp. We pumped the fuel out of the tractor because driving it is “boring”. It’ll all be in a metal clad building that has an expandable graphite underlayment so it should make it through.

I’ll be driving the camper and my wife her 4Runner. My beat up old taco will ride it out in the barn. If so this will be the second fire it made it through.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
and get that rack of rifles by the steps too. them things are worth some money. leave adam with a hose . he's a dick.

My diploma is a DD214
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
What happens usually, CalFire will take over command of the fire as it approaches areas with lots of structures. And say what you will about CalFire...but they can fight fire, unlike the totally dysfunctional USFS feminist dominated command structure. USFS has political commissars in fire camp...you will not wear wife beater T shirts (ask me how I know). Biologists, on staff, archaeologists on staff, many more academic disciplines on staff. For every tired, filthy dirty, sweat streaked firefighter that unloads at camp after dark, there are two immaculately and stylishly dressed, usually feminine (originally anyway) without a speck of dirt on them or their govt issue suv's. I am 4 miles from a USFS camp that has been going for the last 5 weeks, and they drive right by my house daily.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cal Fire is in Unified Command with the Forest Circus and they defer to CalFire for structure protection.
The Forest Circus Managed the Station Fire in 2009 that eventually killed a friend of mine at Fire Camp 16. It started in an Initial Action Zone with L.A. County. They didn't want County assets, too expensive. They didn't want our copters flying at night in spite of being fully qualified and experienced at night ops firefighting. They actually waited until the next morning to request L.A. County for structure protection. By then the fire had a running start and it was catch up after that. There was a lot of bad blood between the Forest Circus and my department. It took a big sit down between the 2 agencies to settle things down but their are still plenty that remember their blunder that day.
Today is the 12th anniversary of the loss of Camp 16 and Captain Ted Hall and Crew Foreman Arnie Quinones.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
What happens usually, CalFire will take over command of the fire as it approaches areas with lots of structures. And say what you will about CalFire...but they can fight fire, unlike the totally dysfunctional USFS feminist dominated command structure. USFS has political commissars in fire camp...you will not wear wife beater T shirts (ask me how I know). Biologists, on staff, archaeologists on staff, many more academic disciplines on staff. For every tired, filthy dirty, sweat streaked firefighter that unloads at camp after dark, there are two immaculately and stylishly dressed, usually feminine (originally anyway) without a speck of dirt on them or their govt issue suv's. I am 4 miles from a USFS camp that has been going for the last 5 weeks, and they drive right by my house daily.

Saw one of them USFs Chunts on TV tonight in her Pressed Brownies. All the real fire breathers and LEOs spoke before she did. All she could spew was what a wonderful Cumbiah the Lake Tahoe Basin Interagency team was doing and how well they all play patty cake as FoX40 was looping peoples houses burning to the ground in side by side frame.

LOL Wife screamed get the F off the podium Lesbian Bish at the TV.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Was last there in the mid 90's but I'd suspect that there's been a lot of vacation type homes built up amongst the timber and trees. Well, maybe this will get the state more involved in managing and conducting prescribed burning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cop buddy of mine up there on loan patrolling evac'd areas taking picture of deer. Told that fugger accidentally hit one of them bitches and toss it in trunk Id meet him PDQ. LOL.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
RUM7 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Cop buddy of mine up there on loan patrolling evac'd areas taking picture of deer. Told that fugger accidentally hit one of them bitches and toss it in trunk Id meet him PDQ. LOL.

That's gotta be photoshopped. Everyone knows there's no deer in California

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by FatCity67

That's gotta be photoshopped. Everyone knows there's no deer in California

LOL. Got a few more on the phone but my bro sent them as a slide show and need a frigging magnifying glass to see them.

"Maybe we're all happy."

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,109
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.