Hop To
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I’ve been on a few forums over the years. It seems that there is a cycle of some fundamentalist showing up with a fanatical fervor to school everyone up and convert them. Heck. They have the inexplicable compulsion to convert Christians.

It’s a curiouser curiouser thing that Christian Fundamentalists are really not a lot different from the fundamentalist of other religions. They have it all figured out. No legitimate question be it difficult or simple goes without an answer. They “litrally” have it all figured out and an answer for everything.

When their beliefs are challenged they don’t answer directly but go to great lengths and blather on and on repeating some memorized apologetical argument to support their views. When that fails they resort to personal insult and or dehumanizing the person who is a threat to them by having ask simple questions.

They are not self critical or introspective which is a reflection of a deep seated belief that that they are somehow autonomously righteous.

They are big on law and commandments. Never mind that the whole of the Bible teaches that the law never did, never could and never will bring righteousness. It can’t. It wasn’t designed for that. But…..the fundamentalist drags everyone back to the law. If they were self critical and introspective they would realize that they are sinners.

Sinners he said! Ask a fundamentalist if he sins. That’s a fun experiment. Talk about making a guy squirm as his self righteousness is challenged. They will lie through their teeth and come up with all kinds of excuses or twisted definitions of what sin is and how they only sometimes sin.

They never realize that the expressed disbelief in their righteousness by those who claim no faith at all is a condemnation of exponential proportions.

I’m a Christian. Faith is important in my life. That being the case, were I faced with two choices, go to a fundamentalist church or go to a whore house I’d chose the whore house every time. It would be a much more honest transaction every single time and metaphorically appropriate.

Last edited by IZH27; 08/30/21.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
:..Never mind that the whole of the Bible teaches that the law never did, never could and never will bring righteousness...' ROM 8:1-3

BUT '...WE (churches, synods, councils, leaders, yadda, yadda) Can come up with rules, regulations, laws and such............. that will!?!?!?!?

I don't get that either!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you heard the good news?

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by 5thShock

Yes. I had to be taken outside fundamentalists Christianity. Fundamentalist don’t preach the Gospel.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Muffin
:..Never mind that the whole of the Bible teaches that the law never did, never could and never will bring righteousness...' ROM 8:1-3

BUT '...WE (churches, synods, councils, leaders, yadda, yadda) Can come up with rules, regulations, laws and such............. that will!?!?!?!?

I don't get that either!

I think that form and function matter. People tend to muddy it up with their own ideas and personal “messages from God”.

Fundamentalists invented their own brand

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm not sure if I qualify as a fundamnetalist,but I can tell you that I fall short everyday. I do like to share my faith with people who are interested,but do not want to arrogantly impose my beliefs on anybody.

I just consider myself to be a follower of christ who belongs to a local church

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like\love learning from those more versed in the bible and in an odd coincidence was texting a fellow fire member about the same thing. He is very well versed and I have not once felt belittled by him. Nor by as BIL who lives it . Others- yeah I get the holier than thou every now and then and it annoys metoo. I try not to trigger or argue but as coolly as I can 'offer' a counter, rather than "insist: a counter. Me...big work in progress. Would love to be the person I .....would love to be. Most of my family is devout Catholic but none can quote the Bible yet were ever eager to ...instruct me. Not so much these days.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Romans 3:23 means something to the fundamentalist in me. And the fundamentalists I know.
Too easy to paint everyone with such a broad brush.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by IZH27
I’ve been on a few forums over the years. It seems that there is a cycle of some fundamentalist showing up with a fanatical fervor to school everyone up and convert them. Heck. They have the inexplicable compulsion to convert Christians.

It’s a curiouser curiouser thing that Christian Fundamentalists are really not a lot different from the fundamentalist of other religions. They have it all figured out. No legitimate question be it difficult or simple goes without an answer. They “litrally” have it all figured out and an answer for everything.

When their beliefs are challenged they don’t answer directly but go to great lengths and blather on and on repeating some memorized apologetical argument to support their views. When that fails they resort to personal insult and or dehumanizing the person who is a threat to them by having ask simple questions.

They are not self critical or introspective which is a reflection of a deep seated belief that that they are somehow autonomously righteous.

They are big on law and commandments. Never mind that the whole of the Bible teaches that the law never did, never could and never will bring righteousness. It can’t. It wasn’t designed for that. But…..the fundamentalist drags everyone back to the law. If they were self critical and introspective they would realize that they are sinners.

Sinners he said! Ask a fundamentalist if he sins. That’s a fun experiment. Talk about making a guy squirm as his self righteousness is challenged. They will lie through their teeth and come up with all kinds of excuses or twisted definitions of what sin is and how they only sometimes sin.

They never realize that the expressed disbelief in their righteousness by those who claim no faith at all is a condemnation of exponential proportions.

I’m a Christian. Faith is important in my life. That being the case, were I faced with two choices, go to a fundamentalist church or go to a whore house I’d chose the whore house every time. It would be a much more honest transaction every single time and metaphorically appropriate.

Good that there are more choices. I do have a question. When Jesus told the lady at the well to go and sin no more what did that mean?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What if one is a 5-Point Calvinist but can't decide whether to subscribe to Infralapsarianism vs. Supralapsarianism??

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/30/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I see you subscribe to the "Always use enough brush" train of thought.

LOL
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by geedubya
What if one is a 5-Point Calvinist but can't decide whether to subscribe to Infralapsarianism vs. Supralapsarianism??

Quien Sabe,

GWB

I don’t care who you are that’s some hard core sectarian comedy right there well played.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Yes. I had to be taken outside fundamentalists Christianity. Fundamentalist don’t preach the Gospel.

Quite a generality there….. so much that it verges on being just flat out laughable.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Fireball2

When their beliefs are challenged they don’t answer directly but go to great lengths and blather on and on repeating some memorized I’m apologetical argument to support their views. When that fails they resort to personal insult and or dehumanizing the person who is a threat to them by having ask simple questions.

I see you subscribe to the "Always use enough brush" train of thought.

Not at all. It’s more like a cut in brush.

The Gospel is simple. Fundamentalists take you back to the law as a way of measuring yourself righteousness and justifying yourself. No Gospel to be seen in that message.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by geedubya

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Good question. At least there is an inner conflict in that case. When a fundamentalist discovers inner conflict he is on the verge of no longer being a fundamentalist.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by TF49

Quite a generality there….. so much that it verges on being just flat out laughable.

Humor is always anchored in truth.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Good that there are more choices. I do have a question. When Jesus told the lady at the well to go and sin no more what did that mean?

Do you think that she never sinned again? I don’t. That would not be consistent with any of the rest of scripture.

Last edited by IZH27; 08/30/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Western Christian fundamentalists tend to be legalistic and have a bit of a distorted view of the OT.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Everyone has seen the type. Did I miss some characteristics in the OP? It was just a quick rundown.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Western Christian fundamentalists tend to be legalistic and have a bit of a distorted view of the OT.

True. A fundamental flaw.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.