Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I...personal faux pas with young ladies ...

Someone has to carry on the fine tradition of Carl Pellini.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
We suck.....not much we can say about that. At least deer season is coming.

Last edited by diamondjim; 08/30/21.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
In Nebraska’s hey day they had a basic winning formula
The blackshirts and a running game.
Remember Johnny the jet Rodgers
Now they need to get back to that

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
At least I’ll never have to see that asswipe Tom Osborn on the sideline again. Can’t stand that guy.

Three national championships is no joke.

Why the hate?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is always Nebraska volleyball. Maybe they can get John Cook to coach both volleyball and football. Lol

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Remember Johnny the jet Rodgers

I'm sure some person who worked at a gas station does.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
At least I’ll never have to see that asswipe Tom Osborn on the sideline again. Can’t stand that guy.

Why the hate?

I remember those Osborne teams, not as a Husker fan but just a fan of College football in those days. I remember when they played Florida at the height of Steve Spurrier's "fun and gun" attack in some bowl. The pundits gave Nebraska no chance but they beat Florida like a rented mule with old school ground and pound football and defense. I loved it....and unlike most Georgians, I got nothing against Florida!

I have no idea what kind of human Osborne is but he sure had a team back in the day.

I am a big fan of the running game. I think that is why I got tired of the NFL before it became fashionable. All they do is throw the ball.

Last edited by RJY66; 08/31/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Frost is still better than Pellini was. Frost's future will be determined this season.

The Huskers should hire Will Muschamp to save them. :::::: snicker ::::::

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
5-6 years back Columbians thought Muschamp was the best thing since sliced bread......

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Why the hate?

I remember those Osborne teams, not as a Husker fan but just a fan of College football in those days. I remember when they played Florida at the height of Steve Spurrier's "fun and gun" attack in some bowl. The pundits gave Nebraska no chance but they beat Florida like a rented mule with old school ground and pound football and defense. I loved it....and unlike most Georgians, I got nothing against Florida!

I have no idea what kind of human Osborne is but he sure had a team back in the day.

I am a big fan of the running game. I think that is why I got tired of the NFL before it became fashionable. All they do is throw the ball.

1996 Fiesta bowl, Nebraska 62 Florida 24. Tommy Frazier at QB made what’s known here as the run. My greatest pleasure was seeing Spurrier damn near in tears when Osborne called for a kneel to run out the clock from the 1 yard line instead of punching it in like Spurrier had done all season to embarrass teams.

Swifty
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

chlin,

WTF?

At least let us have our memories!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

chlin,

WTF?

2 words-
Lawrence Phillips

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Frost is still better than Pellini was:

Pellini wasn't great, but he had winning seasons. Frost has been a disaster. Ironically central florida continued to be solid after he left...

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I definitely don't think Adrian Martinez has been the answer. Not sure why they've stuck with him so long.

Agreed

I hope Frost gets things going.

Sticking with Solich would have been a good move.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
It was never only Osborn. It was the compleat package
Recruiting and trainers the whole program
I remember scouts coming to watch games in high school
Couldn’t believe some of the guys they would recruit
They recruited size and coach ability more than pure talent
This method started by Bob Devany. He built arguably the best collage football in history. 1971 huskers

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mbhunt

chlin,

WTF?

2 words-
Lawrence Phillips

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Phillips

Hours after the team returned from East Lansing on September 10, 1995, Phillips broke into backup quarterback Scott Frost's apartment by climbing the outside of the building to the third floor and entering through some sliding doors. He then assaulted his ex-girlfriend, basketball player Kate McEwen. Phillips dragged McEwen out of the apartment by the hair and down three flights of stairs before smashing her head into a mailbox. Phillips was subsequently arrested, and eventually suspended by head coach Tom Osborne. The case became a source of controversy and media attention, with the perception that Osborne was coddling a star player by not kicking Phillips off the team permanently. Osborne walked out on a press conference when asked, "If one of your players had roughed up a member of your family and had dragged her down a flight of steps, would you have reinstated that player to the team?"[8] Outraged Nebraska faculty proposed that any student convicted of a violent crime be prohibited from representing the university on the football field.[9] Osborne defended the decision, saying that abandoning Phillips might do more harm than good, stating the best way to help Phillips was within the structured environment of the football program. Osborne stated, "I felt the only thing I could put in a place that would keep him on track was football, because that was probably the only consistent organizing factor in his life."[10] After a six-game suspension, Osborne reinstated Phillips for the Iowa State game,[11] although touted freshman Ahman Green continued to start. Phillips also played against Kansas and Oklahoma.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Phillips is dead now, died in prison by suicide. Everyone tried to help him, but he was nuts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Squidge

Hours after the team returned from East Lansing on September 10, 1995, Phillips broke into backup quarterback Scott Frost's apartment by climbing the outside of the building to the third floor and entering through some sliding doors. He then assaulted his ex-girlfriend, basketball player Kate McEwen. Phillips dragged McEwen out of the apartment by the hair and down three flights of stairs before smashing her head into a mailbox. Phillips was subsequently arrested, and eventually suspended by head coach Tom Osborne. The case became a source of controversy and media attention, with the perception that Osborne was coddling a star player by not kicking Phillips off the team permanently. Osborne walked out on a press conference when asked, "If one of your players had roughed up a member of your family and had dragged her down a flight of steps, would you have reinstated that player to the team?"[8] Outraged Nebraska faculty proposed that any student convicted of a violent crime be prohibited from representing the university on the football field.[9] Osborne defended the decision, saying that abandoning Phillips might do more harm than good, stating the best way to help Phillips was within the structured environment of the football program. Osborne stated, "I felt the only thing I could put in a place that would keep him on track was football, because that was probably the only consistent organizing factor in his life."[10] After a six-game suspension, Osborne reinstated Phillips for the Iowa State game,[11] although touted freshman Ahman Green continued to start. Phillips also played against Kansas and Oklahoma.

What a humanitarian!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by mbhunt

chlin,

WTF?

2 words-
Lawrence Phillips

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Phillips is dead now, died in prison by suicide. Everyone tried to help him, but he was nuts.

I just read his bio on Wikipedia. He was one fùcked up dude.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 61 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,437
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.