-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this digs into it citing sources..the question of whether NCBI is a valid source of vetted scientific studies is an issue

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7521351/

Last edited by KFWA; 08/31/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by KFWA
so how does Ivermectin attack the covid-19 virus?
All that I have read about it says that it is not understood how or why it works but that it has proven to work in quite a few cases and in all stages of the disease.

there has to be some source that can explain how it works.

Links are being thrown around here daily about studies and what not

Here is one video explaining how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEO7Adv3tVI

Last edited by coat4gun; 08/31/21.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Safe to use, but, a guy doesn't need to do a 'twice yearly' deworming dosage on a daily basis as a Co19 preventative measure!

Correct...ivermectin is a relatively safe drug.....However daily use has no verification,,,,Big Pharma by the way, distributes million of doses yearly to impoverished countries free of charge...Dem pricks...

However, facts are humans sucking down a concentrated horse paste has potential issues with regards dosage and inert ingredients contained in the paste. Those ingredients may or may not alter bioavailability in humans....making it plus or minus potent....Those ingredients may or may not interact adversely with other human diseases or blood chemical imbalances. None know....because human studies are based on standard formulations of tablets or liquid.

Odd that some think they are being guinea pigs with the vaccine....but readily advocate others should glub down a medication fromulated for horses.

Covid, the vaccine and ivermectin have been an interesting look into the how people react....

Dosage is not a problem the plunger is marked in 50 pound increments. But the carrier may not be something used or tested on humans.
Ivermectin is ivermectin

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jwp475
Safe to use, but, a guy doesn't need to do a 'twice yearly' deworming dosage on a daily basis as a Co19 preventative measure!

Correct...ivermectin is a relatively safe drug.....However daily use has no verification,,,,Big Pharma by the way, distributes million of doses yearly to impoverished countries free of charge...Dem pricks...

However, facts are humans sucking down a concentrated horse paste has potential issues with regards dosage and inert ingredients contained in the paste. Those ingredients may or may not alter bioavailability in humans....making it plus or minus potent....Those ingredients may or may not interact adversely with other human diseases or blood chemical imbalances. None know....because human studies are based on standard formulations of tablets or liquid.

Odd that some think they are being guinea pigs with the vaccine....but readily advocate others should glub down a medication fromulated for horses.

Covid, the vaccine and ivermectin have been an interesting look into the how people react....

Dosage is not a problem the plunger is marked in 50 pound increments. But the carrier may not be something used or tested on humans.
Ivermectin is ivermectin

Well lots of folks are testing the carrier now since way too many doctors/hospitals/pharmacists are being jack asses.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
study from Argentina that began in late 2020 and reference in PubMed.Gov

The subjects were divided into experimental (EG: n=117; 39.6 +/- 9.4 years old, 65F) and control groups (CG: n=117; 38.4 +/- 7.4 years old, 61F).

RESULT: The number of subjects who were diagnosed with COVID-19 in GE was lower, only 4 of 117 (3.4%) than subjects in CG: 25 of 117 (21.4%) (p-Value = 0.0001). Twenty patients had mild symptoms (n= 4 in EG, n= 16 in CG), the proportion test was p-Value = 0.001. Six subjects were moderate, and 3 with severe diagnostics, all them in CG. The probability (Odd Ratio) of becoming ill with COVID-19 was significantly lower in EG with values of 0.13 (CI = [0.03, 0.40]; p-Value = 0.0001), this value (<1) indicates a protective effect of the Ivermectin / Iota-Carrageenan in the EG. Logistic regression test demonstrated that prophylactic in EG is independent of the patient's preexisting variable comorbidity was 0.11, CI= [0.04, 0.33], and p-Value= 0.0001. On the other hand, this variable was 2.78 CI= [1.19, 6.48], p-Value = 0.018 in CG. Also, we found that when increase the age variable, also increases contagious risk for Covid-19 in all subjects 0,93 CI=[0.88, 0.98], p-Value= 0,0012.

CONCLUSION: The intensive preventive treatment (short-term) with Ivermectin / Iota - Carrageenan was able to reduce the number of health workers infected with COVID-19. This treatment had an additional effect in preventing the severity of the disease, since most of the patients who received the treatment were mild. We propose a new therapeutic alternative for prevention and short-term intervention scheme (intensive) that is of benefit of the health worker in this pandemic accelerated time. This treatment did not produce lack of adherence or adverse effects.

Then a follow up article from June of 2021

Throughout the pandemic, the anti-parasite drug ivermectin has attracted much attention, particularly in Latin America, as a potential way to treat COVID-19. But scientists say that recent, shocking revelations of widespread flaws in the data of a preprint study reporting that the medication greatly reduces COVID-19 deaths dampens ivermectin’s promise — and highlights the challenges of investigating drug efficacy during a pandemic.

“I was shocked, as everyone in the scientific community probably were,” says Eduardo López-Medina, a paediatrician at the Centre for the Study of Paediatric Infections in Cali, Colombia, who was not involved with the study and who has investigated whether ivermectin can improve COVID-19 symptoms. “It was one of the first papers that led everyone to get into the idea ivermectin worked” in a clinical-trial setting, he adds.

Latin America’s embrace of an unproven COVID treatment is hindering drug trials

The paper summarized the results of a clinical trial seeming to show that ivermectin can reduce COVID-19 death rates by more than 90%1 — among the largest studies of the drug’s ability to treat COVID-19 to date. But on 14 July, after internet sleuths raised concerns about plagiarism and data manipulation, the preprint server Research Square withdrew the paper because of “ethical concerns”.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/31/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You roll the dice and you take your chances.

You rather take some worm medicine or go the hospital and poisoned with Remdisivir, lose your kidneys resulting in lung edema, get put on a ventilator and have a 20% chance of surviving and 80% chance they report you died of Covid.
Im hoping the dimocraps stick with the Biteme/Fauccci/Gates depopulation treatment.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/31/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A pound of horse may not equate to a pound of a human....Their metabolism is different....and you can't equate the two...

"Drug metabolism: is the chemical alteration of a drug by the body. ... Some drugs are chemically altered by the body (metabolized). The substances that result from metabolism (metabolites) may be inactive, or they may be similar to or different from the original drug in therapeutic activity or toxicity."

How a drug metabolizes will have an effect on its bioavailability.....

"Bioavailability....Is the proportion of a drug or other substance which enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect."

So while ivermectin is ivermectin....a pound of horse does not necessarily equate to a pound of human when it comes to bioavailability and metabolism...Throw in the inert filler ingredients and how they may effect the two and the guessing game starts...

If you want to equate to human dosing... then you have to calculate the milligrams of ivermectin is in a specific amount of paste. And then weigh out that specific amount of paste. It is all on the label....

Best to be patient...Ivermectin should soon be on label for Covid... wink

Last edited by battue; 08/31/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Okay, I won't take it in large doses. Wasn't planning to anyway.

Exactly. Only in the recommended human dose by weight.
Right, take an appropriate dose. I took one dose and knocked out my fever within 12 hours. If you take a 1200 pound animal's dose maybe you deserve problems. The shame is that there isn't an over the counter source for Ivermectin and Hydroxy just as there is for aspirin and Tylenol both of which also cause problems for stupid people taking too much of a good thing. I remember when Ibuprofen was prescription but at some point the PTB decided to trust us with it.

Yep.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The inert substances found in the durvet Ivermectin are the same substances that are found in common food stuffs and over the counter medications.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I'd love to know the real story behind that picture, assuming it's not Photoshopped.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
As for the carrier I had no problems with Duvet or Bimectin.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

As a preventative measure, a dose is recommended every two weeks. If one has the COV, a dose is recommended every day for 3-5 days.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The inert substances found in the durvet Ivermectin are the same substances that are found in common food stuffs and over the counter medications.

If you say so....I haven't looked...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been using it for months, it works just fine

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
An example of metabolism and bioavailability not being equated across species...

PRECAUTIONS: Ivermectin Paste has been formulated specifically for use in horses only. This
product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in
dogs, may result

Last edited by battue; 08/31/21.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An example of metabolism and bioavailability not being equated across species...

PRECAUTIONS: Ivermectin Paste has been formulated specifically for use in horses only. This
product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in
dogs, may result
concerned^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thing the jab is safe and hasn’t caused any fatalities.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I swear there are way more innumerate people than illiterate.

Let's start from the top.

Dosage: 0.2mg ivermectin per kg of bodyweight, ref https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-I-MASK-Protocol-v4-2020-11-22.pdf

This is the dose recommended by those with extensive anecdotal experience with its use.

Dosage: 0.15mg / kg bodyweight or 0.2mg/kg bodyweight for parasites, ref https://www.drugs.com/dosage/ivermectin.html

Same dosage called for on the drugs.com website for various human parasites. HOW ABOUT WE CALL THE DOSAGE QUESTION SETTLED.

Horse paste: contains 1.87% ivermectin by weight. The syringe contains 6.08 grams and allegedly doses a 1250lb animal. Let's do some work.

1.87% of 6.08 grams = 0.0187 x 6.08 = 0.114g = 114mg of ivermectin per tube.

1250lb animal x (1kg/2.204lb) = 567 kg

Hmmm. Let's check the dosage....114mg per 567kg = 0.201 mg/kg DOSAGE IN THE GODDAM HORSE PASTE TUBE, SAME AS WHAT'S RECOMMENDED FOR HUMANS.

So, if you weigh 1250 lbs, or are otherwise massively mentally impaired, go ahead and gobble the whole tube, like the rest of the folks the hit journalism pieces are writing about. Or be rational: turn the plunger stopper to the weight increment that equals yours, squeeze it out, and chow down. Dosage schedule in accordance with flccc guidelines for early treatment, advanced treatment or prophylactic.

Regarding inert or filler ingredients...I'm HIGHLY DUBIOUS of the notion that a filler substance meant for squeezing into a prized animal worth up to scores of thousands of dollars, cannot be dealt with by the system of an omnivore. Good grief.

A pound of horse may not equate to a pound of a human....Their metabolism is different....and you can't equate the two...

"Drug metabolism: is the chemical alteration of a drug by the body. ... Some drugs are chemically altered by the body (metabolized). The substances that result from metabolism (metabolites) may be inactive, or they may be similar to or different from the original drug in therapeutic activity or toxicity."

How a drug metabolizes will have an effect on its bioavailability.....

"Bioavailability....Is the proportion of a drug or other substance which enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect."

So while ivermectin is ivermectin....a pound of horse does not necessarily equate to a pound of human when it comes to bioavailability and metabolism...Throw in the inert filler ingredients and how they may effect the two and the guessing game starts...

If you want to equate to human dosing... then you have to calculate the milligrams of ivermectin is in a specific amount of paste. And then weigh out that specific amount of paste. It is all on the label....

Best to be patient...Ivermectin should soon be on label for Covid... wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The 3 (out of 5) of us that took Ivermectin immediately upon feeling symptomatic and then once each day for 5 days thereafter had SIGNIFICANTLY reduced symptoms as compared to the 2 that didn’t take Ivermectin. I know that it’s a very small sample but that is the only sample that I was concerned with. Based upon the fact that we had no adverse side effects from Ivermectin and it seemed to reduce the symptoms for those of us that used it I would not hesitate to use it again. I would definitely prefer that it was available OTC in “human form” but since our FDA is in bed with big Pharma and there’s no money in cheap, effective medications we’re left with 2 choices….don’t take it because it doesn’t carry the blessing of Pharma and the FDA or take it and possibly see a significant reduction of the symptoms of C-19. I don’t see what there is to lose…..assuming one is intelligent enough to take the appropriate amount (dose+frequency) there is no downside. We each must make the best decision for us and that often means not just thinking “outside the box” but acting outside the box. My distrust of our government, big Pharma, Fauci, etc is so strong that their recommendations are virtually worthless to me.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jwp475

Ivermectin is ivermectin

Dosage has two primary components ( given the same composition), quantity and time. Plunger covers only one, neah mention of the other. Folks recommend for treatment only, with both components, fairly reasonable. Others, as a preventative, neah a mention of time.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 08/31/21. Reason: Edit

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,590
Posts18,492,128
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.