Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Well s**t!!! How long do you guys think this mass shortage will last??? I can’t find what I need anywhere.

Yes, I’d be happy for some cheese to go with my whine. Lol!!!

G
G
I can find some powder now but no primers.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Powder can be had with enough patient checking of places and hitting the buy trigger immediately when it pops up.

Primers are a different story. They rarely pop up, and when they do you get crap like two-brick purchase limits, at 75 dollars and up per brick, plus hazmat and shipping... screw that.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don’t expect it ever get back to “normal”. Folks are stocking up for future generations, not just themselves for the here and now.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cue up the Boomers......

“If’s you weren’t prepared after 4 years of O’bammy, you’re stoopid.”

Or something to that effect.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Cue up the Boomers......

And the reason you don't see the logic in that statement proves that you have learned nothing.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I don’t expect it ever get back to “normal”. Folks are stocking up for future generations, not just themselves for the here and now.

It will take someone who isn't a fugging gun grabber residing in the White House before the market calms down.

If that ever happens again...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Stevens223: I do NOT have the answer!
And I do not know the CAUSE!
I feel lucky that last Saturday I purchased the LAST 8 pound container of IMR 4350 that a distant small gunshop got in Friday afternoon and put on the shelf Saturday morning (limit one per customer - no sales tax in Montana).
I am uncertain as to what the other powders in the 8 pound containers were that the shop got in - but as I was walking around the shop and then dealing on a gun two different people offered to buy the powder from ME!
Apparently word had gotten out on the small shipment of 8 pounders?
That shop had not a single primer for sale of any style.
Strange times - with strange causations in my opinion?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Elections have consequences.

Some black dude

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
bidgave3935: You apparently aren't vary smart no matter what your age!
The high yellow entity known in some circles as barrack hussein obama was in office for 8 (eight!) years!
And, I am a boomer, and I have had a lifetime supply of reloading components on hand for MANY years now - I replenish my supplies when I choose and when the opportunity presents itself.
Maybe if you were to pay more attention to your elders you wouldn't be so stupid?
Naw - you're not that smart.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by auk1124
Powder can be had with enough patient checking of places and hitting the buy trigger immediately when it pops up.

Primers are a different story. They rarely pop up, and when they do you get crap like two-brick purchase limits, at 75 dollars and up per brick, plus hazmat and shipping... screw that.

Where did you find those??!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
The high yellow entity known in some circles as barrack hussein obama was in office for 8 (eight!) years!
And, I am a boomer, and I have had a lifetime supply of reloading components on hand for MANY years now - I replenish my supplies when I choose and when the opportunity presents itself.
Maybe if you were to pay more attention to your elders you wouldn't be so stupid?
Naw - you're not that smart.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Double Sheesh!

Hold into the Metamucil. .

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Word of mouth is the answer when it comes to primers, I was able to purchase 1K each of SPP & LPP by putting the word out among shooting buddies, paid $50./K. Everywhere I went no matter to the gunshop, shooting range, gunshow etc. I let it be known I was looking for primers. Guys brought them to me, at what I considered reasonable price for the times. Same thing with powder and brass, it's out there just gotta use different tactics to find it, bartering for what you need works well too !

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Cue up the Boomers......

And the reason you don't see the logic in that statement proves that you have learned nothing.

Yeah...because everyone bought reloading supplies and ammo for cartridges that they didn't even have firearms for.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't answer your question either. However, I suggest that you find a few members of this forum local or near-local to you and make arrangements for them to buy for you when they can. I've done that with several of our Montana members. Currently, I have been regularly able to find them and pick up a few at a time. The retail price has gone up to approximately $8 per hundred. It's not what it used to be ("usta be" for the morons); but, I'm afraid it will never get back there. Hey, it's better than what the private profiteers are asking.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by auk1124

Where did you find those??!

Midway, a week or two ago. They didn't last but a minute or two. I passed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cue up the Boomers......

You stuck your foot in your mouth with that comment. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Insulting someone's intelligence whilst misusing a word ain't never not funny. Weigh two represent the codgers.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Still a shortage but things are slowly getting better....... Very slowly but at least it's improving. Was in the local Runnings, home, farm and outdoor store this morning and they had small pistol primers, don't recall price because I'm probably set for years to come with those. Also had 6 or 8 different powders. I was shocked. Got a pound of H-4350 for $37.99 which used to be in the 28-32 dollar range, IIRC. Almost grabbed a pound of H-4831 also, but I have an 8 lb. stash of IMR-4831 which is similar enough to keep me happy. It's nice to see stuff re-appearing.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Vary funny.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.