Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Leanwolf warned me about them putting folks up on the mezzanine level, I'm going to call today or tomorrow and make sure I get a table on the floor. Or my money back.

They put me on the mezzanine at the Boise show in Nampa this spring. Then they told me to go out and come in the other door which was locked. Then they locked the fence and I was trapped. I called and they said I'd have to wait a while to get let out because the show was starting.

Later they came by my table and said I needed to take the 2 tables on either side of mine. I said I didn't want them. They insisted and said if i wanted to do their shows I'd play by their rules. They had about 8 400 pound people on the 2 tables behind us. We couldn't stand behind are own tables because they were backed into them. They also kept letting their friends in between the tables. I figured out later it's because they were stealing from mine.

It was just me and my 9 year old autistic boy so we couldn't watch 3 tables. We were getting robbed blind. Thousands of primers disappeared. Ammo and bullets went missing. No guns were stolen though.

I got pissed and started packing up at 3:00 on Saturday. A grunt came by and said I couldn't leave early and that I had to stay both days. I said the hell I do, I'm leaving now and if anyone tries to stop me they better be ready for a fight. I was not happy at that point.

The show was poorly organized, poorly staffed, and we were given no info on set up, parking, etc. Most of all it sucked being up in the mezzanine. I hadn't done a show in about 10 years and I remembered why. The 2 guns 8 sold I nearly gave away and lost money on them but both the guys were good guys and appreciated the deal and I didn't have to pack them back out.

Several other dealers told me I priced my ammo and primers too low. I said I wasn't going to gouge anyone more than that. They then sent friends over to buy my stuff and they marked it up on their table. I told them no need to be sneaky I'll make you a deal on all of it.

Bb

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"First day of the show today" report.

They didn't put anybody up on the mezzanine, I don't know the reason for doing that this spring but suspect it was to do the social distancing thing while still getting a full 400 tables inside. Last year they had increased the aisle width quite a bit in the show in the horse barn (aka Sport Center) but that one never takes up more than 2/3 of the floor space in normal times. Tables and aisles were at their usual separation today.

Parking was the usual behind the Idaho Center, no hassles there. I had sent in my check to reserve a table on July 26, when I went to get my table assignment Friday they had my name on the list but asked me which table I wanted out of several still unassigned. I mentioned a teeny bit peevishly the reservation from over a month ago and the lady said they had to put The Usual Dealers in their normal spots, then everything else was up for grabs. No big deal, I got a spot n the very middle.

Slow start to the day and not a great crowd overall but not bad, a lot of the guys think fewer people are attending because ammo is starting to come back. When I went to the last show at the horse barn the cheapest price for 223 ammo was $1.25 per round, most dealers wanted $1.50. Today the same big bulk ammo dealers were all asking 60 cents per round, some still wanted 50 cents/round for 9mm but a very few were asking 35 cts/round. Still nowhere near pre-SHTF prices but they are trending down.

Almost no primers were available and what was available was old - like the white and red CCI boxes from the 1990's old - and still priced at $125/1000. I had brought 4 bricks of recent production Federal primers, 2 large rifle and two small pistol but was in a bit of a quandary as to how to sell them. Couldn't bring myself to charge gouger prices but knew if I put them out for much lower the dealers would swoop in to buy them and then jack up the prices.

Instead I kept the bricks hidden behind my table. Since I had several boxes of bullets I offered to sell folks enough primers to load those bullets at pre-insanity prices of $3.50/100. Buy a box of 100 bullets, I'll sell you a box of 100 primers. No other primer sales offered. My bullet prices were low to mid level of what the online dealers are charging and they are all out of stock anyway but only sold one box of bullets + primers. Guess folks just didn't need the bullets I had.

Also brought my last 300 rounds of factory 223 ammo but didn't put any price tags on them. If a dealer asked the price it was the same as everybody else was asking, $12/box or 60 cents/round. If a non-dealer asked the price it was $10/box. No takers at that price so I guess folks have what they need.

Did sell a couple of revolvers and a Glock 44, a Swedish Mauser and a few bags of brass so managed to cover lunch. wink

Anyway, long day from 9 to 6 but a good day overall.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I ended up sending my Ruger Flattop 45 Colt/45 ACP with a friend to put on their table, as I had out of state company in. It sold. Got $1000, so guess I was in the ball park after all.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 264mag, 31 invisible), 1,669 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.