Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Prayers sent for your Dad!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Geeez. Sounds like the situation is a bit complicated. I hope the stint procedure goes well. Let’s hope and pray for a good MRI as well.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Hope he gets out of there soon, I don’t even like driving by a hospital, much less being in one.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Thanks, would just like to be able to see him.

Does he have a cell phone? When I was in the hospital emergency room area earlier this year my son brought my cell phone/charger to the hospital and gave them to a nurse who brought them to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
just saw this. saying a prayer for your dad, Roger.

Sam......

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Might be 3 days before he gets a room. He is in a room in the ER, not in the hallway.

Your father has all legal rights to have his personal “Caregiver”, YOU, in the hospital room / Emergency room with him, especially when he is disabled (not working based on disability), which he is from his strokes. He lives with you, and you take care of him. That legally makes you his Caregiver, and gives you the legal right to be with him, especially being he is now further incapacitated in his present condition, and unable to talk, etc.

I know what I’m talking about here. My family dealt with this multiple times over the years.

https://justiceinaging.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20201123-OCR-Complaint-vs-HHSC.pdf

Is this limited to Texas? If yes, any intel on Michigan having something similar?

Roger, praying for your father and entire family during this rough patch.

Last edited by kappa8; 09/02/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad to hear he finally got a room, Roger.
More Prayers sent for your Dad’s speedy recovery !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Prayers for you and your dad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Posts in another thread...

MRI was good, but he had a mild heart attack. He doesn't want them to do the stint, fixing to go talk to him.

Originally Posted by steve4102
MRI was good, but he had a mild heart attack. He doesn't want them to do the stint, fixing to go talk to him.

Good luck

Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Oh sorry to hear that Roger. I'm sure you meant to post this in your other thread. I actually had a stint 10 years ago and have been fine since. A little piece of plaque broke off and caused a clot. It's a common procedure now days.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure it'll make a difference but my gramps got a stint when he was 88 years old. They would normally never even offer it to someone that age but he was pretty full of life. We lost him about 4 years later but that was another 4 years no matter how you look at it, and he was doing great up until the last month.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He agreed, getting it done at 8 in the morning, I'm sure he will feel much better. He just doesn't want any open-heart surgery.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to hear Roger.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear the good news. I hope the procedure goes smoothly for him.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He made the right decision. I'm sure the procedure will go well and that he will recover quickly. Good luck.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Prayers and good thoughts for a successful procedure and speedy recovery.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He agreed, getting it done at 8 in the morning, I'm sure he will feel much better. He just doesn't want any open-heart surgery.

Good to hear, praying it hasn’t spread as well. Lost my father when he was 39 to brain cancer.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by KFWA
I know its a trying situation, sounds like you are doing everything you can. Best wishes

This sounds like a stroke, classic symptoms. That said the hospital will put him in a room with covid patients and he will contract and die of covid.

You’re one worthless waste of oxygen.

It's still likely a stroke, and everyone old who goes to the hospital dies of covid even if they have a broken arm

If only you were old......... People would stand in line for hours for a chance to break one of your arms.

You are scum of the worst kind.

Well, there is that. American Taliban i expect.
POS for sure

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hope he gets thru fast and easy.

That should get the blood in the right place again.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Might be 3 days before he gets a room. He is in a room in the ER, not in the hallway.

Your father has all legal rights to have his personal “Caregiver”, YOU, in the hospital room / Emergency room with him, especially when he is disabled (not working based on disability), which he is from his strokes. He lives with you, and you take care of him. That legally makes you his Caregiver, and gives you the legal right to be with him, especially being he is now further incapacitated in his present condition, and unable to talk, etc.

Here’s the key Roger, go up there dressed nice, and tell them you are his Caregiver, not a visitor, and he has the legal right to have you, his Caregiver in his room 24hr/day to oversee his care and communicate for him.

Tell them, and this is KEY, “I can make your job easier for you” and tell them “I will not be in your way whatsoever”. You know the care he needs etc. This lifts a huge burden off their shoulders being understaffed etc. Wear their mask, let them take your temperature for CV19 symptoms if they require, but no shot.

At this point, they will not be able to whip you around like the general uneducated public, telling you to stay away, who do not know their legal rights as far as “Caregivers” are concerned, because they will now know you know what his legal rights are.

Visitors can be shunned away, but Caregivers cannot, legally.

Go take this new info you are now armed with, and go be with your Dad.

I hope he gets better, praying for him.

I know what I’m talking about here. My family dealt with this multiple times over the years.

https://justiceinaging.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20201123-OCR-Complaint-vs-HHSC.pdf

Roger is offline right now. Anyone who has his phone number, please text/call him to come read this, so he can go be with his Dad.

Spot on. Great post. HCA 2000.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hoping for a quick recoveree Rog and Dad !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1OntarioJim, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.