Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He had the cath done. no stint yet but his left ventricular ejection fraction is 25 percent which is bad, nurse accidentally told my sil who is a nurse also, when I put her on the ph with her, she realized the cardiologist was supposed to tell us that info.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well Rog, you and your Dad know 1,000% more than you did just this morning. A pretty good basis for moving forward.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fingers crossed for you and your father from here.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
He had the cath done. no stint yet but his left ventricular ejection fraction is 25 percent which is bad, nurse accidentally told my sil who is a nurse also, when I put her on the ph with her, she realized the cardiologist was supposed to tell us that info.

I have had mine dip a couple times near 30-33% on previous echos and perfusion stress test studies over 6 six worth of data.

At that point you usually get referred a little higher up to Heart Failure specialty cardiologist.

In six months of recent medication modification, they got mine back up to near 42-44%

A combination of Isosorbide Dinitrate and Hydralizine With a beta blocker like Coreg (carvedilol) will allow the heart to rest between diastolic cycles and *can* remodel some of that lost atrial volume on his EF%

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
https://www.jacc.org/doi/10.1016/j.jacc.2020.11.022

2021 Update to the 2017 ACC Expert Consensus Decision Pathway for Optimization of Heart Failure Treatment: Answers to 10 Pivotal Issues About Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Solution Set Oversight Committee

Pay attention to the drugs they want you to be on, i.e. which drug says “preferred.”

5.1.1 Initiating GDMT

Recommendations for starting GDMT in a patient with a new diagnosis of symptomatic HFrEF are detailed in Figure 2.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by KFWA
I know its a trying situation, sounds like you are doing everything you can. Best wishes

This sounds like a stroke, classic symptoms. That said the hospital will put him in a room with covid patients and he will contract and die of covid.

Anyone else wish they could have seen Crusty say this to Rogers face?
Or, in front of Leighton?

Hell most of the campfire.

Dusty, go away.

We might be crass, rude, vulgar, smartass, even mean.
But you don't have enough class to hang here.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just saw this Roger. Prayers for dad & you. Godspeed

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Continued prayers and best wishes for your dad.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
it doesn't relate directly to the OP but my mom is getting on up there in age and has had multiple issues lately , some have required emergency room trips.

The first time we took her there ourselves and it was almost a 7 hour wait, which is absurd - they kept prioritizing people over her including Covid patients and at the time we had reason to believe she was having kidney failure.

First, in restrospect, we should have done a bit of research and called around to emergency rooms to get an idea of their wait times instead of just going to the default hospital we go to. With the covid mess that might not have made a difference. After about 3 hours there we started calling around to other hospitals to see if they could get her in, but at that point their advice was its going to be at least 30 minutes to get here and then at least another hour of waiting, we should stay put. I wish we had been calm enough to think it thru before we left the house.

but the second time she had to go , we called an ambulance, and what we have learned - as least as it applies to this hospital - is that ambulance patients receive priority. I'm not saying they would have put her ahead of someone in the middle of cardiac arrest but all things being equal she wasn't going to wait 7 hours with an ambulance crew handing her off. I guess my point is you aren't going to get off an ambulance gurney and get moved into a chair in the lobby.

Now I wouldn't want someone to choose live or death situation over this piece of advice, but if its serious enough that you are going to the emergency room in these current circumstances, I'd consider a $1500 ambulance ride as the cover charge to get in.

Ambulance patients do not get priority every time and people tried that bullshit every day when I was working. Your mom was sick enough to warrant being admitted in on arrival. Shame on the intake nurse that didn't see how sick your mom was on your first ER visit.
I have seen tons of people get walked into the waiting room because they cut their finger washing dishes or have stubbed their toes and demanded an ambulance ride so they could get seen faster. It didn't happen. I have seen too many people NOT call an ambulance when they should have. For some stupid reason, before we got a confirmed cancer diagnosis my mom would pass or vomit blood. My sister and nephew would struggle getting her in the car to drive to the ER.
Guys, I know we're an older crowd here and some have some real medical issues. If you have a medical issue and can't stand and easily walk to a car, call 911.

Last edited by smarquez; 09/04/21.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good luck to your Dad hope he gets better.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, they are going to put him on meds for it Dr was there briefly this morning, but my SIL an RN talked to him, she said he was in hurry but answered her questions. His ventricular ejection fraction was actually 20 percent. The left side of his heart has become lazy, with no blockage.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.