Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
*Raises Hand*

"Um...if "lot's are chained in backyards", how do you know there wouldn't be more fatalities/attacks if they weren't?

Just asking a question, Teach."

All WAG; in an urban area of two million people, I’m gonna conservatively guess at least 10,000 pit bulls in this city (or one in fifty having a pit in their household, most from more than one person in their household). The Southern half of this county is 80% Hispanic, most have kids.

Chaining up a dog generally doesn’t improve its disposition any, but if ya got kids they are most times gonna be in contact with the dogs in the yard. It ain’t just pits, lots of dogs are kept this way here).

Stray/loose dogs are common here, not many are pits. Prob’ly because either people take them in because they are pits or they become problem dogs and animal control targets them. Either way, chained or loose, if every pit flipped, or even many pits flipped, fatalities would be common here.

Almost all of them don’t attack people, but I’d WAG half of pits here would kill another dog if given a chance.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 09/03/21.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
White trash and blacks have pits. Those are the ones that usually attack. Has almost zero to do with the breed.

I got attacked by a mutt. Duh...mutts must be bad too.

You guys are sharp lol

So you do or don’t have pits at home?

You showed your ass lecturing folks with kids on how to parent. And you with no kids…

I have dogs. And experience with pits. I do not currently own one. However just like in the kid thread...I still get to point out the obvious to those who are currently phugging up the obvious.

Sorry you are unable to connect facts or understand nuance or do the simple math of extrapolation when it comes to data and common sense.

You must have sooo many pit bulls to know so much about them. You could not possibly just observe and have a functioning brain. Gotta have hands on experience like I don't have with kids

Last edited by mjbgalt; 09/03/21.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Last edited by mjbgalt; 09/03/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
What did ya do ta get sentenced ta detention?

It's all birdie teaches.

I should be so lucky.

Being in charge of in school suspension/detention is a plumb job; no lessons to prepare, nothing to grade, and ya get to go home when the last bell rings.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Saw the switch flip from about 20 feet. It is real. No reason for it. Just out of the clear blue.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
My oldest daughter had a female 1/2 Pitt - 1/2 Boxer. One of the sweetest dogs I've known. This is my only experience with a Pitt, but oddly, this dog was hit and killed by a train about a 1/4 mile from her house. Pretty stupefied that a dog can get hit by a train.

Another possibility is that some sick reprobate harmed it or killed it first and laid it on the tracks to watch the train run over it.

I saw a dead dog that looked like it was tortured and placed on the tracks in highschool. Someone on the bus said it was the cop's sadistic son.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/03/21.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by DMc
My oldest daughter had a female 1/2 Pitt - 1/2 Boxer. One of the sweetest dogs I've known. This is my only experience with a Pitt, but oddly, this dog was hit and killed by a train about a 1/4 mile from her house. Pretty stupefied that a dog can get hit by a train.

Another possibility is that some sick reprobate harmed it or killed it first and laid it on the tracks to watch the train run over it.

I saw a dead dog that looked like it was tortured and placed on the tracks in highschool. Someone on the bus said it was the cop's sadistic son.

Do you realize how many deer and other animals trains hit before it got to where those dogs were sniffing and picking up scraps? Nose to the ground, (between RR tracks) and not even paying attention to the train coming behind them?

It happens all the time in the country.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by sawbuck
He was a good dog just starting to get his life straight.

Give you the shirt off his back

Looking to get a scholarship to Harvard.

DF

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Wife's uncle had one for a couple of years. slept on the foot of the bed sweet dog. Then one day it tried to take his arm off. One of the bites took more than a dozen stitches to close up. They were bred to fight in a dog pit to the death. It is their instinct. Just like a Labrador wants to retrieve and a Beagle wants to run a track and bark.
They can be raised as a pet and treated nice, that doesn't change what they were bred to do.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (257 roberts, 222Sako, 1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,574 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.