Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
Kinda surprised more people don't use occluded vision shooting at close range when using a LPVO.

Why would you?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
Kinda surprised more people don't use occluded vision shooting at close range when using a LPVO.

Why would you?

Don't necessarily need to given the right scope and using good technique. However it seems a lot of people feel the need to mount some sort of red dot offset from the scope to handle close range fast targets and shooting occluded might be a good option for those folks.

Last edited by MOGC; 09/08/21.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Take a look at Swampfox they have some goood stuff

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TWR

Why would you?

Don't necessarily need to given the right scope and using good technique. However it seems a lot of people feel the need to mount some sort of red dot offset from the scope to handle close range fast targets and shooting occluded might be a good option for those folks.

Maybe but that would involve closing a front cover and require a daylight bright dot, which would be just about as fast as grabbing a throw lever and not as fast as an off set red dot that is sighted in at 10 yards or so. It really is a solid concept.

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Have you ever used that offset in a live fire situation?

MM

This is the most important question. When I'm taking fire, and the lizard brain kicks in- and it will- I just want to return fire and put rounds on target. Red dots are the fastest, especially if they are always left on, but with an astigmatism or at distance, they have disadvantages. I've tried red dots, EOTechs- both with and without magnifiers, LPVO's, etc. All are great, and have their niche. LPVO's are a compromise, but there are a lot of "moving parts;" illumination, power ring, etc. That and I don't like the weight.

Personally, I like ACOG for the best compromise, especially the 33 with it's 3"-4" eye relief. Super light (with a Larue or ADM mount). No moving parts. No on/off switch. Simple. Fast. Accurate.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I called Trijicon USA directly today with some questions about their 1-6×24 Credo. Since my interest was in using it on ny BCM 11.5" pistol, David said that barrel length would render the .223 bdc versions ineffective.

According to the rep, the pistol length barrel pointed to the HX 1-6×24 FFP model.

Called around several LGS's looking for one that carried these scopes. Nada.

Question:

Does anyone here hav any experience with the FFP version of this scope?

The model# is 2900021. Red illuninated, Segmented Circle, hash marked reticle (not bdc).

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Cool concept, just wont work w how I was made.

Last edited by hookeye; 09/09/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye

I guess it isn't for everyone. I have zero issues with it out to about 20 yards. Past that range hits begin to scatter a little wide but that's ok because a 1X or 1.5X can do the job with both eyes open. Some of the run and gun 3 gun shooters are doing the occluded thing now with impressive results in high speed matches. It is just another option vs. the offset red dot.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye

I guess it isn't for everyone. I have zero issues with it out to about 20 yards. Past that range hits begin to scatter a little wide but that's ok because a 1X or 1.5X can do the job with both eyes open. Some of the run and gun 3 gun shooters are doing the occluded thing now with impressive results in high speed matches. It is just another option vs. the offset red dot.

Can you explain what you mean when you say occluded shooting?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leave the front lens cover/cap snapped down covering the front scope lens, illuminated dot on the scope turned ON, shoot with both eyes open focused on the target. The dot appears on the target just like looking through a red dot optic.

IC B3

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
So then you gotta open the cover to use the scope for longer shots. Occluded shooting of a red dot is to prove how a red dot works it’s not a better way to shoot games or villains.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's true, you have to pop the cover to use the scope.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Maybe some haven’t seen this
https://youtu.be/84KBHdpKB1c

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,386
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.