-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've been looking at electronic scales for quite some time, but I just can't get myself to pull the trigger on a scale that cost more than some of my rifles or scopes. RCBS has great equipment, but they are awful proud of it these days...

Have any of you used any of the more reasonably priced scales and what is your experience with them? Midway has a sale going on and has several of their less expensive scales on sale at the moment so I thought now is the time to jump on one... any thoughts?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
After having two expensive electronic scales fail I bought the Frankford Arsenal like Midway has on sale now. I've had it for about three years now and am happy with it, especially for the price. I have a RCBS 505 I use to weight charges or set up a powder thrower, but the little electronic scale is great for finding out how much something weighs. It's great for separating brass, or cast bullets for uniformity. I've been buying commercial cast bullets and have been astounded to see what they actually weigh vs what they were sold as.

Member:
NRA
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Youtube guy Bolt Action Reloading really liked this one after using others.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
I've been looking at electronic scales for quite some time, but I just can't get myself to pull the trigger on a scale that cost more than some of my rifles or scopes. RCBS has great equipment, but they are awful proud of it these days...

Have any of you used any of the more reasonably priced scales and what is your experience with them? Midway has a sale going on and has several of their less expensive scales on sale at the moment so I thought now is the time to jump on one... any thoughts?

Bob

Are you looking for just an electronic scale ?????? or an electronic scale dispenser combo ???????????

there are plenty of inexpensive scales...................but if you are looking at a combo RCBS is your best choice.........
Chargemaster or chargemaster lite

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've been using one of the cheap Lyman pocket electronics for a couple years, and it has worked fine for me. I prefer it to my old Pacific beam because it's faster, especially if trickling. I've checked it against the beam several times, and it is always right on. Instant rezero in case of bumps is a big plus, too. I always hit rezero every weigh, just out of habit.

The one downside is it has a constant backlight, so it is a bit of a battery sucker, but I use rechargables, so it's no biggie.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Sheister

Bob

Are you looking for just an electronic scale ?????? or an electronic scale dispenser combo ???????????

there are plenty of inexpensive scales...................but if you are looking at a combo RCBS is your best choice.........
Chargemaster or chargemaster lite

Looking for just a scale. I just can't bring myself to spend the ridiculous amounts RCBS wants for their scale/dispenser combos and I'm not in that much of a hurry these days reloading anyway.... the Hornady G3 unit referenced above looks like a very nice unit and probably the one I will end up with....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
These little dudes are all over ebay and amazon for 15 bucks or so, and they work. You can trickle with them, they're fast, and they weigh grains to two decimal places.

I'm currently weighing out a rough charge initially on a Hornady Autocharge dispensing system, then finishing the weighing on one of these. Works fine, just have to keep fresh batteries in it. I'll never go back to beam scales.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
After reading a lot of reviews, I bought one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Milligram-Re...axus+scale&qid=1631282521&sr=8-4

Darn thing works well and when it goes belly up I won't cry.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.