Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I just saw on the news that there are now alcohol limits dictating that people may only have 6 beers or 1 bottle of wine in there homes. We've seen a lot of reports of some pretty tyrannical stuff going on over there lately.

Is your government really getting that extreme or is it being blown out of proportion by our news? Are most Aussies accepting it or are many getting pissed off yet, is a resistance building? Are more people regretting the gun grab your government pulled a while back?

It seems like Australia may be the westernized country that the New world order guys are taking down first and testing their tyrannical methods on. Have they used covid as an excuse to damage or destroy small businesses and entrepreneurs while helping the large mega corporations the government is in bed with? Is there a general crackdown on freedom and free enterprise for the average guy while the fascists prosper even more?

Just wondering if anything like this we are hearing is legitimate.

Bb

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Load of crap.

Bottle shops have always been open (at least here in Brisbane) even through the tightest of the Covid lock downs. Alcohol is essential apparently. Last year I was unable to buy a pair of new jeans, which I really needed, but could buy beer instead.

You can buy as much alcohol as you want over here.

People are getting fed up with the recurring shutdowns and border closures, and there have been protests that have been largely peaceful.

The federal government has a plan to reopen once 70/80% vaccination is achieved but not all of the states are on board with it. Queensland (where I live) and Western Australia have had the lowest infection rate due largely to the state premiers zero case approach, so are really hesitant but they have to open up at some stage. NSW have lost control of Covid infections now - lock downs are not working since it had become too widespread too quickly. As far as the lock downs are concerned this is good news because the premier there is now accepting of the "flatten the curve" approach instead of the "zero case" approach which is what it was supposed to be from the start.

Once vaccination rates are up there may still be lock downs but in a more localised fashion.

Our PM wants Australia to be more or less open by Christmas. Vaccination rates are increasing and it looks like the 70/80% may be going to happen, but we'll have to wait and see. Currently the jab statistics are:

NSW: 77% first jab, 44% second jab
Vic: 64% first jab. 40% second jab
QLD: 55% first jab. 37% second jab
SA: 58% first jab. 39% second jab
WA: 56% first jab. 36% second jab
ACT: 72% first jab. 49% second jab
NT: 59% first jab. 43% second jab
Tas: 65% first jab. 47% second jab

Don't know about big players cashing in on all this but there are consequential winners and losers, People losing out are hospitality and tourism, and most businesses on the state borders, Gym equipment suppliers and retailers have had a bumper season due to the earlier and recurrent closing of gyms and health clubs - the fitness junkies have been looking to set up their gyms at home but demand has outstripped supply, and prices have gone up. Free weights for barbells have quadrupled in price for example.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I just saw on the news that there are now alcohol limits dictating that people may only have 6 beers or 1 bottle of wine in there homes

Sounds like BULLSHIT to me.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I always thought ANZACs should be have been limited to less alcohol during the VN clusterf...k. They stayed at our base for a while, fresh out of the bush, Jesus jumped up christ I never saw people party like that. I quickly learned to not to try to keep up. Although, in retrospect, they did have one endearing quality...it was a fondness for a fun filled ANZAC sport called, 'gook or noggie tossing'. NPFF cops had a tough time doing their martial arts schidt when they were airborne.

Last edited by flintlocke; 09/10/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It relates to people in a locked down apartment building (because of Coronavirus cases in the apartment building) and food supplies are limited to alcohol in the package. Basically the people looking after the security and delivering food and whatever else were having trouble with people who were drunk.

I think the reason a lot of the population is in favour of lock downs is because the deaths previously were very low. We had only about 900 deaths and 800 of those were from one state.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just saw on the news that there are now alcohol limits dictating that people may only have 6 beers or 1 bottle of wine in there homes. We've seen a lot of reports of some pretty tyrannical stuff going on over there lately.

Is your government really getting that extreme or is it being blown out of proportion by our news? Are most Aussies accepting it or are many getting pissed off yet, is a resistance building? Are more people regretting the gun grab your government pulled a while back?

It seems like Australia may be the westernized country that the New world order guys are taking down first and testing their tyrannical methods on. Have they used covid as an excuse to damage or destroy small businesses and entrepreneurs while helping the large mega corporations the government is in bed with? Is there a general crackdown on freedom and free enterprise for the average guy while the fascists prosper even more?

Just wondering if anything like this we are hearing is legitimate.

Bb

It is true, every word...it's terrible...there is a tear in my eye.

We are only allowed to have as much as we can afford...sob!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
perfect example of how our media over here is just making up lies, to prime our citizens for some of the stupid stuff Biden's Handlers have on their wish list.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Bb
What "news" did you see it on?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You can do a lot of cshit, but taking away alcohol ain’t gonna fly to far.

Last edited by hanco; 09/10/21.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Beer sales in one city here went up 700% during lockdown.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The time I spent in North West Queensland gave me a lot of respect for the quantity of good beer a "mate" could put down.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dont get between me and my busch ice.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.