Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
A change of pace from the election stuff. Here are a few pictures from camping and a sharptail trip over the last three weeks. Out and about around Alberta. Great weather. We had a really good sharptail hunt. I ran Finn with hunters that did not have dogs. Interesting and different. I have 2 more weeks of family fall camping and then fully into walk abouts looking for birds.

The blue heron was taken at a fair distance so it is a heavy crop. I do like the effect of the water background

Hope you enjoy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hugh
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Nice

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Great pics

Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good day to you sir, I hope this second weekend of September finds you well.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful photos with us, I very much enjoy them.

All the best to you this season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by HughW

Hope you enjoy

I enjoyed your photography very much, Thanks for posting.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice Hugh. Thank you for posting, and looking forward to more.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Cool pics!!! In the pic with your dog, I have the same o/u. You can carry it for week and never know it's there. I think mine is 5 1/4 lbs. I don't understand why the little rig fits me so well. I'm 6ft 3in and I shoot it better than any other shot gun I've ever had. Bill. πŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great images. I find they further reinforce one's memories.

1Minute
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Cool pics!!! In the pic with your dog, I have the same o/u. You can carry it for week and never know it's there. I think mine is 5 1/4 lbs. I don't understand why the little rig fits me so well. I'm 6ft 3in and I shoot it better than any other shot gun I've ever had. Bill. πŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Bill I am with you on the fit of the Yaldiz and carrying it all day for sharptails or pheasants is pretty easy on the arms.

Hugh
IC B3

H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
With fall winding up I have some time to get back to the photo side. I will try to give an idea of some of the activities over the last couple of months.

Snow Goose Hunts -- the group I shoot with did very well with a couple of 50 bird days and one day of 70. The snow geese stayed in our area much longer than normal. Sweet and spicy ground formed snow goose jerky does not last long.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Upland - Pheasants

I did quite a few pheasant hunts this year and with the season closing have now moved to preserves for more work for my dog.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Waterfowl --- I wanted to get Finn on a few over water hunts this year as he had not had any of these as yet. He was a water shy dog due to getting trapped under ice and I spent alot of time with him this summer getting him bolder on water. This hunt over floating goose decoys was his first waterfowl on water hunt. First retrieve he got tangled in two goose decoys but he did not let that stop him and towed both out and in for the retrieve. After that he knew how to go around the decoys without any issues. To me there is nothing like the morning sky over a duck pond.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now we will start making some old building road trips to see what we can find.

Hugh
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Beautiful.. You are a lucky man..

Molon Labe
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Very nice pics... that is some pretty country up there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great photos Hugh!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We could do with more of these types of posts.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hugh w, Bill again, I thought it was a beretta 55 o/u. Sure looks the same on the bottom, the forend lock. I may have to take a look at one. πŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool pics, Hugh , what kind of dog you got ?, it looks good

H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Hugh w, Bill again, I thought it was a beretta 55 o/u. Sure looks the same on the bottom, the forend lock. I may have to take a look at one. πŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Bill, I run a couple of different O/U's for upland. The Yildiz gets used when the cover is such that the gun stands a chance of getting nicked. The Rizzini EM is for the days when I am confident we are doing grass, grain or low shubs only. Yildiz is in the first picture and Rizzini in the 2nd.

My Rizzini's are very comparable to one of my friends Beretta. They are very light as well (under 6 lbs.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hugh
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 44mc
cool pics, Hugh , what kind of dog you got ?, it looks good

Finn is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. Smallest of the retriever breeds. He is 5 years old, weighs in at 49 lbs and is exact to breed standard for a male for height and markings. Finn is the 5th NSDTR that we have had and all have been great upland dogs. If everything goes right we will be adding another pup into the clan early summer next year. If you are interested in the breed as a hunting dog there is a FB site Tollers of Marshes and Meadows that is for people that use their dogs in the field. Lot's of folks on the western US on the site and a few from Texas.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hugh
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Beautiful !

Molon Labe
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.