Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by cra1948
Thanks for all the advice guys. We’re going out tomorrow to give it our best shot.

I can't stress enough to remind your fishing buddies to follow the predetermined safety rules. If you don't have them, don't go until you do. I don't want to sound like your grandpa, but I've handled live gators and know that even a "small" one can latch on and won't let go until HE wants to. Every man in the boat can be armed with any weapon and it won't matter. The body part can be removed before you know it. The bite pressure is like a hydrolic press with teeth. The poor guy in the water might even get shot in the blur.
Here's a "domestic "Big boy in a very controlled environment....

👍Be safe and check out my links.
V V V

I doubt you've ever seen a gator.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by cra1948
Thanks for all the advice guys. We’re going out tomorrow to give it our best shot.

I can't stress enough to remind your fishing buddies to follow the predetermined safety rules. If you don't have them, don't go until you do. I don't want to sound like your grandpa, but I've handled live gators and know that even a "small" one can latch on and won't let go until HE wants to. Every man in the boat can be armed with any weapon and it won't matter. The body part can be removed before you know it. The bite pressure is like a hydrolic press with teeth. The poor guy in the water might even get shot in the blur.
Here's a "domestic "Big boy in a very controlled environment....

👍Be safe and check out my links.
V V V

I doubt you've ever seen a gator.

Why is it that I should concern myself with what you think?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL not asking you to, just making an observation.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy Camper can always rush out and find a YouTube video to post in place of any personal subject knowledge.
Kinda pathetic.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
back in the day, I killed a number of alligators with a single shot 20 gauge Stevens shotgun. I have also killed a number of alligators by strangling them. Those were small one though, killed just for the tail meat.

Sam......

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
cra1948 good luck with your gator hunt. Night time is the best time to hunt cruising the rivers and waterways with a spot light. You will be amazed how many gators you will see. My son and I caught a big gator (12'7") in 2011 at 3:00 in the afternoon at Santee. We saw him several times on previous hunts before we were able to get close enough to catch him on a heavy ocean rod with a large treble hook. It took 2 hours to get him up alongside the boat to dispatch him with my Glock 45acp. Be patient, be careful and have fun.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (163bc, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 34 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,631
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.