Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#16394634 08/31/21
1minute Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Archery season started here in Oregon this past weekend, so Cookie and I took a drive north to look over a ranching valley that DOES NOT cater to hunters. The guy has three herds of elk on his property that must total up to at least 700 animals. That means a lot of the surrounding country is pretty much empty now. Highway goes up the east side of the valley, so all can get a great look when they pass through.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why waste heartbeats fretting over something that you can’t change. Spend that time looking someplace you CAN hunt.

A few years ago, I gained access to a small farm near here. Did all the stuff they tell you too; helped do stuff the old farmer struggled with: painting, crawling under a tractor to fix something, loading a flatbed with old tires and scrap, shared meat, even gave him a set of freaky antlers I took on his place. Next season the old bastard decided he didn’t like me and that was that. Even threatened to kick my azz (what? Fall on me?). Never again. It’s Public for me, unless I get a solid lease somewhere.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why doesn't the owner let to hunting?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There’s more out there in gun table areas, just have to find them! I understand this frustration well, but you’ll find some with diligent glassing.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Why doesn't the owner let to hunting?

Maybe because some Hunters are what we call SLOB HUNTERS!

They litter, and leave a mess, and destroy property, and Don't Have much regard for others, let alone Mother Nature!

I own Hunting Property, and had so much trouble with Trespassers, that I Finally started prosecuting Trespassers to send a message!

For years we gave out Friendly Warnings, for are own Safety,(high powered Rifles), to hunt as a Family.

People are people!

They want what you have, free, without Working for it!

The Best Part is there's Several thousand Acres of Public Land to Hunt!

Do what I did! BUY YOUR OWN!

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 09/12/21.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Why waste heartbeats fretting over something that you can’t change. Spend that time looking someplace you CAN hunt.

A few years ago, I gained access to a small farm near here. Did all the stuff they tell you too; helped do stuff the old farmer struggled with: painting, crawling under a tractor to fix something, loading a flatbed with old tires and scrap, shared meat, even gave him a set of freaky antlers I took on his place. Next season the old bastard decided he didn’t like me and that was that. Even threatened to kick my azz (what? Fall on me?). Never again. It’s Public for me, unless I get a solid lease somewhere.

slingshots and quarter-sticks?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (219DW, 160user, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,188
Posts18,503,372
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.