Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Yellow jackets are the biggest a$shhole's on the planet.

No. That would be our "Camper".

I am MAGA.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MPat70
In would like to ask about the purpose of a f'ing MOSQUITO!

When I get to Heaven I want to ask Noah why he didn't swat those two mosquitos when he had the chance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You are not only superstitious but profoundly stupid as well.

Bad combo HC.

You don't believe the Bible Con?

You don't have to believe it.
It's truth is not based on anyone's belief or lack thereof.

You probably don't have anything to worry about from the judge you refered to. Maybe a friend of yours?
It's the one who authored the Revelation that I've warned you about for a year that you should be concerned with.

Con? Lol

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Man I got drilled by a bald-faced hornet couple days ago. Didn’t hear it or see it until a few min later he was chilling on the trunk of the car. Usually they don’t go rogue on you unless someone is near their nest. Couldnt find a nest anywhere.

It was right in the arm where I got my 3 pfizer jabs. Not knkwing at first, it hit me like a bolt of electricity.

I thought oh Lord, Alex Jones, “Dr” Robert Younng and “Dr” Mercola from the Youtube was right. The 5-G satellites had sent the self-destruct signal out via electromagnetic solar radiation flare.

And to beat all, I had just given all three stinkin ass Labrador retrievers an EPIC doggie bath and flea dip

No good deed goes unpunished

I got drilled by a black hornet on Tuesday. I have to go back into the same building today. I'm stopping at the local Menard's for some spray before I go this time.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
More damn yellow jackets this year than I’ve ever seen anywhere. Fire up the grill to cook and here they come. Bees up the ass also. Edk

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny...this is a low year for all those critters here. I've usually emptied my yellow jacket traps a couple of times before now. Now is their usual peak of activity, but I've seen only a few. I think it must be the Exceptional Drought we're enduring.

I'm sensitive to their venom, and I long ago learned to not swat at them or wave them away because it just ticks them off. I've never had one land on me and sting without provocation.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dont want to go back to the damn ER, but if a yellowjacket pops me thats where Ill be headed.

Hell driving in country had me itchy. 2 am woke up w hives.

YJ sting could mess me up similarly for a month

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fipronil does the job, google, following instructions as to strength with the right bait will just about eliminate the evil little SOB's.

This is the 3rd year after baiting here, the first year they almost completely disappeared, practically none last year, and we only saw a few this year.

Yellow Jackets went from being a problem to about nonexistent.

IIRC this was one of the articles I used.

https://www.pestboard.ca.gov/howdoi/research/2009_yellowjacket.pdf

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not bad here this year.

Did have one incident.

My wife brought a basket of clothes in from the line.
They sat 2 days, I was putting my boxers away, and felt a vibration.
"What the..." felt it again and just squeezed the snot out of it.

It was one of those smaller Bumble bee things that sting the hell out of you.

If that thing had stung the pead of my hecker,
I'd a had to take pics. And share them with you all!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Yellow jackets are the biggest a$shhole's on the planet.

No. That would be our "Camper".

Someone should ask the man upstairs why he created 24HCF's biggest a$$hole.

I can't do it myself, being a gaytheist and all...

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Death to yellow jackets.

- One can of cheap chicken.
- Firponil (Sentry, Frontline, etc.)

Split the water from the chicken. Add 4-5 drops of fipronil (about 0.5 mL) to the water and mix. Don't use too much fipronil or the wasps won't eat it. Mash the chicken - it works best if the wasps can carry away small pieces. Recombine the water and the chicken. I get 4-5 bait stations out of a batch. They can be frozen for later use.

Give it a few days.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
We had a work day at our hunting club yesterday and one of the guys was walking down the trail just minding his own business. A swarm of yellow jackets came boiling out of their ground nest and really went after him. 7 or 8 got him on the left arm and hand, several others went after his head.
He took off running, lost his hat, and they not only went after the top of his head a bunch of ‘em went after his hat on the ground. Within a few minutes his left arm and hand had swelled up like a football. Off to the ER. Fortunately he’s doing ok today.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you know where the nest opening is any of the permethrin-based powders will knock the [bleep] out of 'em. The container in the photo is an applicator - puff dust into the next opening as you walk by. Wasps entering the nest will drag the dust in and contaminate and kill the whole hive.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is the time of year when I toss a bug bomb into my hunting blinds to get rid of wasps and other undesirables. Got to one of them last weekend and found a pile of chair stuffing on my office chair. Moved it out of the way and saw a hole in the backrest and then heard a noise. Mama flying squirrel was giving me the eye from the roof of of the blind. I tapped on the chair and 2 babies crawled out of the hole, saw me and crawled back in again. Closed the door and left them to it. Didn’t have the heart to evict them, they’ll be gone by gun season anyway, and then I’ll seal up the stand with spray foam so they don’t get back in.

Last edited by badger; 09/12/21.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,412
Posts18,489,030
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.