Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
We cannot help.

Mother Nature chooses areas like India, China and other overpopulated areas for reduction. Saskatchewan and Montana are safe. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
I would like to know how Canada can help with global warming even if it was real. India and China have so many people you guys up north wouldn’t even make a blip on a graph. Edk

You just exposed the lie.
Who thinks Canada can even begin to put a dent in the cause of global warming? Yet, Trudeau has managed to convince enough People that he/we can stop the forest fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding etc....with a tax, or a series of taxes.
Who is the real idiot?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
But you don’t understand that if everyone gets together, it would make a difference.

Do not confuse Canada’s reduction of carbon emissions with saving the planet. Those who see this as a problem want everyone to get together as one and fight it. Canada is a small piece of what scientists perceive to be a bigger problem.

A carbon tax and how governments will use this new money is the problem.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I couldn't help but to wonder how everyone will be able to cast a vote on Monday.
Unless a person voted beforehand.....there just isn't enough time to process the voters. As an example, when I voted, it took 20 minutes to process 5 voters because of the Wuhan protocol, and about 50 people in line waiting for the 3 voting booths.

I do wonder if the polls are closing,,, do they tell the voters, too bad, times up? I can see that as a clusterphuck because it is a Constitutional right to be able to vote, not that Trudeau and others give a shyte about what that document says.

Its not the voters fault the protocols are time consuming, saying they should of voted early doesn't negate the right to vote, but the time consuming Wuhan protocols might.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Everything will be fine.

The polls will stay open until the line goes down, as they always have.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ct...l-election-2021/2021/9/15/1_5587235.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by ERK
I would like to know how Canada can help with global warming even if it was real. India and China have so many people you guys up north wouldn’t even make a blip on a graph. Edk

We are supposed to provide a stunning example to the rest of the world. Everybody will look at us and say how good and righteous Canadians are and how we need to emulate that. Something blah blah like that anyway laugh

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Canadians with any savvy have been overwhelmed by the stupid ones....even the recent immigrants seem have more sense. Not sure if its too much tv, radio, too much time on the couch?? or its simply the propaganda that gets them.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would like to know more about this too, in fact, if Trudeau wins this election or not, this issue needs to be addressed. The (two Michaels) are a part of this too, they are hostages. China has Trudeau on the hook.....the Chinese don't want Erin O'Toole as Primeminister because he will expose how dirty Trudeau and his Chinese buddies are.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/torie...nese-military-scientist_4003261.html?utm

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If your election is like our last one the votes cast won’t matter anyway. I’m sure your libs have been with ours and know how to do it. Good luck. Edk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Canadians with any savvy have been overwhelmed by the stupid ones....even the recent immigrants seem have more sense.

We need true proportional representation, pure and simple.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I expect most of you will be tuned to the news later today as the votes are counted. CBC has this page set up to post the running totals. You can also find and watch your riding too.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2021/results/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll go to bed and find out in the morning.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 673
I couldn't help but to wonder how everyone will be able to cast a vote on Monday.
Unless a person voted beforehand.....there just isn't enough time to process the voters. As an example, when I voted, it took 20 minutes to process 5 voters because of the Wuhan protocol, and about 50 people in line waiting for the 3 voting booths.

I do wonder if the polls are closing,,, do they tell the voters, too bad, times up? I can see that as a clusterphuck because it is a Constitutional right to be able to vote, not that Trudeau and others give a shyte about what that document says.

Its not the voters fault the protocols are time consuming, saying they should of voted early doesn't negate the right to vote, but the time consuming Wuhan protocols might.

We went this morning at 10:30am and were in and out in less then 7 min. No lineups but a steady stream.

I spoke to a supervisor and told him how well it was run. Much better than I expected. He said they had some hiccups when they first opened but got it under control. And, TBH, they weren't messing around with Covid BS. It was just like any other election, so long as you were wearing a mask and lined up on the social distancing lines.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
But you don’t understand that if everyone gets together, it would make a difference.

Do not confuse Canada’s reduction of carbon emissions with saving the planet. Those who see this as a problem want everyone to get together as one and fight it. Canada is a small piece of what scientists perceive to be a bigger problem.

A carbon tax and how governments will use this new money is the problem.

Canada's entire economy relies on exploiting natural resources. Oil, timber, minerals.

Where are the jobs going to be created Steve? Chinese wind turbines and Chinese made solar panels in a sun lacking country in the northern hemisphere?

Good luck getting rid of cape sparkle socks , but Im afraid the fix is in

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Gina McCarthy is an American environmental health and air quality expert serving as the first White House National Climate Advisor under U.S. President Joe Biden. She served as the 13th Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from 2013 to 2017 under U.S. President Barack Obama. Listen closely to what she has to say on the subject.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I'll go to bed and find out in the morning.

I am curious to see what the final tally is. Since there hasn't been much movement in the polls since the start, the only thing I can think of is the Liberals wish to re-set the clock. Putting themselves back in the driver's seat with the NDP as their support. Because of the pandemic election, they probably feel the Conservatives will be less likely to vote against the government and cause a no confidence motion to be raised.

The Conservatives would not be seen favourably by the public. O'Toole would be blamed for causing another pandemic election.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
While not everyone can vote early, things like this should convince voters to check out alternatives. Of course, people can always check in with their local constituency office for locations.
---

Technical problems with Elections Canada website, long lineups frustrate voters
An Elections Canada spokesperson says the agency appreciates 'electors's patience'
Ryan Maloney · CBC News

Elections Canada has apologized for technical problems with an application on its website that tells Canadians where to vote in Monday's federal election.

The site's voter information service page usually lets Canadians find their polling station by entering their postal code and address. Voters can also search based on electoral district names.

But many took to social media Monday to complain that they were receiving the same error: "We were unable to find your voting location. Please call the office of the returning officer for assistance."

The federal elections agency told CBC News those difficulties were resolved later Monday morning.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/elections-canada-website-lineups-1.6182570

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The results are starting to come in. No surprises so far.

Link here - https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2021/results/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is a Financial Post article from April 2021. I thought I would post this for those of you who might feel hard done by because of transfer payments and an unequal seat distribution in Ottawa.
---

Diane Francis: With more seats than it deserves Atlantic Canada is awash in federal handouts
Liberals have leveraged their illegitimate position by sending money from wealthiest provinces, through grants and equalization payments, to their Liberal strongholds
Diane Francis - Apr 30, 2021

In the last election (2019 - Steve), Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Liberals got 6,018,728 votes, or a puny 33.12 per cent of the total, and the Tories got 6,239,227. Even so, Trudeau ended up with 157 seats and the Tories only 121. I analyzed the numbers in a piece I wrote last year in The Post which revealed the need for electoral reform. (That article is here. https://financialpost.com/diane-fra...r-electoral-reform-in-canada-and-the-u-s )

This electoral injustice was due to gerrymandering which has given the poorest part of the country — everything east of the Quebec-Ontario border — 14 more seats than it deserves, based on representation by population. So, it shouldn’t surprise that the Liberals have leveraged their illegitimate position by continuing the practice of sending money from the wealthiest provinces, through grants and equalization payments, to their Liberal strongholds.

But the extent of this giveaway to Quebec and notably Atlantic Canada is greater than most people realize, according to a recent article in Halifax’s Chronicle Herald by David Mackinnon, a former civil servant in Nova Scotia and Ontario. He was born in P.E.I. and has been a senior fellow at the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies in Halifax.

He warns Atlantic Canadians that their “bubble” is about to burst because it is unsustainable. This warning is timely considering Alberta is about to hold a referendum demanding changes in equalization transfers this fall. Confederation’s other “sugar daddy” Ontario should do the same.

Mackinnon, however, points out that equalization transfers are only a quarter of the money that the federal government has shovelled into Canada’s poorest provinces. “Regional subsidies to Atlantic Canada are much larger than is commonly assumed,” he writes.

The rest here - https://financialpost.com/diane-fra...ntic-canada-is-awash-in-federal-handouts

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
CTV news has declared a Liberal win as of 2220 hrs eastern time.

The West will decide if it is another minority, but I have faith that the West will rein in the Liberals.

As of 2230 hrs Eastern Time.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.