Home
Canadians can expect a federal election on Sept. 20: sources
Trudeau is expected to call on the governor general Sunday

Voters can expect to head to the polls for a federal election on Sept. 20, CBC News has learned.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is planning to visit Rideau Hall on Sunday to ask that Parliament be dissolved, say sources with knowledge of his plans who spoke to CBC News on the condition they not be named.

Those sources said the prime minister is expected to announce a 36-day campaign — the minimum campaign length permitted by law — meaning voting day would be Monday, Sept. 20.

CBC News · https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-call-trudeau-1.6138794
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/12/21
Here is our opportunity to get rid of this buffoon.
It scares me the number of people who seem to either ignore of forget all his mistakes. Keep fingers crossed that he can be gotten rid of.

Jim
Good luck god folks.
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
It scares me the number of people who seem to either ignore of forget all his mistakes. Keep fingers crossed that he can be gotten rid of.

Jim

CDN voters cannot be trusted given the expected liberal slant force fed upon them from the CBC and similar MSM. They will vote for what they can "get" out of an election instead of voting for what's best for the country. They don't care about national debt. They want big social programs like gov't paid child care. They would never vote for a true "conservative in every sense" gov't.

Saying that ....... The Conservatives are well into the left lane as well.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/12/21
Yup^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I see the Liberals already have advertisement out there.....
Posted By: Lorne Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/13/21
In related news Erin O’toole fired the CPC candidate for the Yukon this morning because he does not support mandatory vaccination across the board .

Individual rights, the Charter apparently don’t exist.

Also handed that constituency vote to the Lieberals
It's going to take a miracle for The Turd not to win his majority. I'd say it's going to take a major scandal to bring down the government, but they've already had several and apparently voters don't give a [bleep], he's more popular than ever.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/13/21
I don't know anyone that will vote for that beotch Trudeau out west,,, there is more that will vote for diaper head,...which is a wasted vote.....and a vote for the racist and an abusive pos....Trudeau.

Just think Guns.
Originally Posted by Lorne
In related news Erin O’toole fired the CPC candidate for the Yukon this morning because he does not support mandatory vaccination across the board .

They're all liberals now.
Posted By: greydog Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/13/21
There are plenty of urbanites out west who will vote for Trudeau. Professional university students and others who have never had a job. GD
Governor General Mary Simon needs to insist that Justin provide ample and sufficient justification for this latest extravagance. I hope for all our sakes that she gets a spine , and rebuffs her neighbour.

The libs only need 15 more seats for a majority. This minority co-alition is mostly working.

Bill Blair needs to lose his seat !
Posted By: bushrat Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/13/21
Originally Posted by SuperCub

They're all liberals now.

Unfortunately so are most Canadians.
Do the Liberals even have a seat in western Canada.......anywhere?......
Doesn’t matter if they get enough seats in Quebec and Ontario;
Not to mention the Maritimes !
The east needs to nut up.
The Conservatives have a huge job ahead of them. They must battle the NDP, the Liberals, and fix their leader's tepid popularity. There is still a divide between O'Toole and many Conservatives on things like climate change and government assistance for individuals and businesses. An argument can be made that O'Toole himself is a yoke around the neck of Conservative re-election chances. The party speech writers and planners have to get on the same page. Everyone has to work together - including O'Toole.

And the NDP? Well, they have been 'also rans' for many years, but some of their ideas had merit. So much so that they were lifted by the Liberals. The Canada Pension Plan and universal heath care come to mind. I wonder if NDPers realize how valuable they are to the Liberal party? Singh may have handed Trudeau an apple with the promise of a free drug plan the Liberals can "borrow".

Finally, there's the Liberal party itself. Their strategists are gambling that the time is right to go to the polls. The pandemic is on the wane (they hope) and it's time to spread more money around. They want a clear majority.

Right now in Ottawa, the backrooms are filled with party strategists, working on campaign plans. They only have a little over a month to spin whatever tales are needed to win the hearts of Canadian voters.

Consider this.

The Liberals will use vote splitting as part of their battle plan. They will gladly accept that a percentage of votes must be directed towards the NDP. The important thing is, those votes have to be stolen from the Conservatives. During the 36 days of speeches, Trudeau will lay off a little on NDP attacks.

Here's part of that steal. Jagmeet Singh says he will deliver universal drug coverage and dental care in his first term. Regardless of your politics, having free prescription drugs and dental is a powerful draw. This carrot will take some votes away from the Conservatives. As a result, the Liberals will slide up the middle on election day. This maneuver will leave the Liberals with the most votes, but a lower percentage of the popular vote.

Liberals hope that voters will think this election is an indication that the pandemic is on its last legs. No government would go to the polls if it was too dangerous! The Liberals wish to be seen as the party that crushed COVID. This plays to that narrative. They are confident that the public will give them more support. They will come out swinging, saying that they were the only party that could have defeated COVID so handily. They will remind voters that they gave out money to help those who needed it, like CERB and other benefits too. They will praise the effectiveness of our health care system, free vaccine, and applaud the doctors, scientists and others who brought COVID to its knees.

Of course, the money tap won't be turned off with the pandemic's demise. There is the inevitable spending spree that all governments in power promise upon re-election. Cash is a great incentive to vote for the Liberals. Expect pledges that rival the NDP's commitment to free drugs and free dental. There will likely be some revitalization plan targeted at voters who were out of work because of COVID. Of course, you have to vote them in to grab a piece of that pie!

There will also be money promises to business, new tax incentives for everyone, and pats on the back for the heroes of the pandemic - the medical people and the service industry. This is when the Liberals turn on Justin's smile and good looks.

The Liberals have to hope that no scandals touch them over the next month, and the pandemic does not rear its head as the summer ends. If the country has to go into isolation again because of a rising death toll, they will get the blame.

The Conservatives have the biggest fight on their hands. O'Toole isn't the most popular leader according to the polls. Trudeau's speechwriters will play to that. Liberal strategists will also give Singh some rein so that the vote stealing will come from the Conservatives. The NDP don't stand a chance, but Trudeau can borrow from their playbook and tease the electorate with better health care as well. Like other Liberal promises, they can conveniently be forgotten after the election is over.

As onlookers, the best we can hope for is something newsworthy that changes the outcome over the 36 days of the campaign. From what I see, the Liberals have a better than average chance for re-election as a majority government.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Word

Originally Posted by 338Rules
Governor General Mary Simon needs to insist that Justin provide ample and sufficient justification for this latest extravagance.

I hope for all our sakes that she gets a spine , and rebuffs her neighbour.

Well said Steve, Echoes my thoughts at this juncture.
The Alberta conservatives are too busy shooting themselves in the foot.

I don’t know why O’Toole is so out of touch, but he’s no Harper, and definitely not in the same league as Ambrose.

Bill Blair Really needs to lose his seat , and his pension.
His rhetoric is utterly incomprehensible.

Attacking Law Abiding Gun Owners is his only “contribution”
I think that if O'Toole doesn't get his act together, it's best to move him down the road. I wonder what his advisors tell him?
Given a little time as CPC leader his plan and presentation might prove formidable.

Easier to oppose and criticize an obliging target like JusTard though , sitting in opposition .
Depends on the outcome of this snap election.

More Seats, Only 338 to divvy up.

Also handed that constituency vote to the Lieberals

Yes it was a very strange decision. Most folks thought Jonas would win handily. Two days prior to the CP decision I had been talking to Jonas about his thoughts on some of the bigger issues. I have known him for some time and feel he would have represented Yukoners well. He still might, as there is talk of him running as an independent, or as a PPC candidate. I do know the conservatives lost a lot of votes with the decision. I will never give them another dime, thats for certain. PPC all the way now.
Here's part of that steal. Jagmeet Singh says he will deliver universal drug coverage and dental care in his first term. Regardless of your politics, having free prescription drugs and dental is a powerful draw. This carrot will take some votes away from the Conservatives. As a result, the Liberals will slide up the middle on election day. This maneuver will leave the Liberals with the most votes, but a lower percentage of the popular vote.

And here lies the problem ^^ Anyone who thinks any political party can provide them with anything "free" is in my opinion to stupid to vote. I agree that it will cost the conservatives votes, because people are stupid enough to believe it. I remember watching a reporter question an Obama supporter during his campaign on his infamous health care boondoggle.The reporter asked the lady where she thought the money was going to come from and she said " he has lotsa money." Thats the mentality of the average voter these days, they are simply to stupid to realize everything the govvy gives them, comes from their bank accounts. Doubt that just ask 10 Canadians how much they pay for health insurance. Nine out of ten will tell you with a straight face that its free. They are to stupid to realize they pay the same, or even in some cases more than their southern neighbours to the south, and get a lot less for their money.
Given a little time as CPC leader his plan and presentation might prove formidable.

Easier to oppose and criticize an obliging target like JusTard though, sitting in opposition .
Depends on the outcome of this snap election.

More Seats, Only 338 to divvy up.

I would like to think that. Now is the time for him to show Canadians what he's made of. Hopefully, O'Toole's handlers will gauge the feeling of the electorate and use it. Like this. It is a CBC article

Canadians appear to be heading into a pandemic election — and many are wondering why

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-timing-concerns-1.6140811
---

While it too early to know, there is also this. These are the weapons of politics.

'Recoil effect': New Nanos polling shows Liberals may be out of majority territory
Rachel Aiello - Ottawa News Bureau

OTTAWA -- Anticipation that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will trigger an election on Sunday has resulted in a “recoil effect” in the Liberals' ballot numbers, possibly moving them out of majority territory, according a survey conducted by Nanos Research.

The survey completed on Thursday night suggests that as the summer-long speculation of an election call shifted towards it looking more certain that Canadians are on the verge of being sent to the polls, voters have been swinging away from the Liberals.

“The latest Nanos tracking that was just completed on Thursday night, suggests that there has been a significant recoil effect against the Liberals. This hot speculation about an election has shifted voters from the Liberal column to the Conservative column, probably because they are upset about the fact that there is an election,” said Nanos Research's Nik Nanos in an interview with CTV News on Friday.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/rec...y-be-out-of-majority-territory-1.5546747
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/14/21
An election during a pandemic........It didn't hurt the NDP in BC, they did it and won a majority.

If the Conservatives have a chance then the media is going to have to remain Neutral, which they wont.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/15/21
Watching the scumbag walk up to Rideau hall just now, I couldn't help but notice the grassy knolls in abundance.
Anyone else notice the grassy knolls?
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/15/21
I was listening the the Communist CBC the other day and they had a prominent Native leader from BC on.
He referred to Erin O'Toole as........"what's his name? that bald guy" the CBC Communist laughed and said his name.

Expect this type of behaviour to continue from the Trudeau funded CBC and other Communist media.

Breaking.....5 minutes into the election call I see the media has already decided the Conservatives biggest issue's.
It’s On !

I hope the media remembers their initial question “Why”

I like what I’m hearing from Erin O’Toole

There’s more at stake in this political exercise than meets the eye
Nanos analysis

It is too early to say what will happen, but Nanos eludes to the possibility of the NDP picking up votes if, in his words, "the Conservatives do not do well". It's a television broadcast, after all.

I see Jagmeet's campaign performance as the indicator of whether the Liberals can sprint up the middle again. If support for the NDP increases at the expense of the Conservatives, the Liberals will be smiling. I agree with some Liberals who say that the NDP can't form a government. They are small potatoes.

I’d like to think that Canadians realize that the
Libs have demonstrated that they are equally inept !
I’d like to think that Canadians realize that the
Libs have demonstrated that they are equally inept !

CDN voters are equally inept. Most couldn't tell you the difference between a conservative and a liberal outside the liberal name calling playbook.

According to the liberals, any conservative is automatically a racist, a fascist, the far right, a religious extremist, homophobic, gender intolerant, intolerant in general, white privileged, and unfairly wealthy, etc etc etc.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/16/21
Trudeau says if we pay a carbon tax, we will lower the Earth's temperature and stop these fires from happening. The more we pay, the more good we will do.
Originally Posted by 673
Trudeau says if we pay a carbon tax, we will lower the Earth's temperature and stop these fires from happening. The more we pay, the more good we will do.

And the amazing thing is a whole bunch of voters believe it.
Posted By: Lorne Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/16/21
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by 673

True , unfortunately .

How fng stupid do you have to be to believe sending more $$$ to the government will change the weather ?
Originally Posted by 673

True , unfortunately .

How fng stupid do you have to be to believe sending more $$$ to the government will change the weather ?

I would say that you need intelligence on par with the average Canadian voter. wink

Of course, the rationale is that financial incentive encourages users to find ways to reduce emissions, but the more logical counter-argument is that financial incentives will occur organically, in a much more economically favorable way, via natural market forces as other energy options become more and more viable.
Posted By: Lorne Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/16/21
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by 673

True , unfortunately .

I would say that you need intelligence on par with the average Canadian voter. wink

Of course, the rationale is that financial incentive encourages users to find ways to reduce emissions, but the more logical counter-argument is that financial incentives will occur organically, in a much more economically favorable way, via natural market forces as other energy options become more and more viable.

True , especially voters east of Manitoba ........

Don't bring logic into the discussion smile
WRT Trudeau and the posters here, neither side has presented anything that proves their point about climate change. It resembles a schoolyard argument.

In related news, I thought you might like to see what the various parties are promising.

Here is the Conservative election platform.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-party-election-platform-1.6142319

Here is the NDP platform

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2021/8/12/1_5544176.html

And the Liberal platform.

https://liberal.ca/our-platform/

Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/16/21
Trudeau mentioned climate change and its relation to the fires in BC, legitimizing his guile.
Has the momentum shifted ?

It seems that T Socks is defending his own stupidity more than anything else.

I haven’t seen any rhetoric for or against regarding the 1 May 2020 OIC.
Please tell me this nonsense won’t stand up.

This should be as big an issue in our community as the Long gun registry was.
I wonder if there is any momentum yet.

The campaign seems to be much like an old locomotive. It needs to build up steam. Things may not pick up until after the debate. That's the 8th and 9th of September. People are enjoying the summer.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8116054/canada-federal-election-debates/

You can go here for the party promise tracker.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8110202/...promises-made-during-the-2021-campaign//
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/20/21
What a mess.
Trudeau is the so called leader who publicly mocked President Trump to other World leaders. This is the guy some people have chosen to lead their Country.
I believe Jagmeet Singh has a much higher degree of moral culture and frankly, he belongs to the wrong political party.

It seems like Jagmeet's integrity is intact, meanwhile Trudeau's phoniness oozes out of his being.
For anyone who wants an easy to access site for voting information, here are a few links. Yes, there are others. Feel free to post them.

(Side note: Be warned! The Liberal government has turned on their tracking computers to find out the sites you visit on the web, when, for how long, etc. laugh )

---

Where do I vote? Go here.

https://elections.ca/Scripts/vis/FindED?L=e&QID=-1&PAGEID=20

CTV daily election newsletter

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/politics-newsletter-signup

Everything you need to know about the 2021 federal election - a useful tool about platforms, candidates, parties, voting and more.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...bout-the-2021-federal-election-1.5547999
Have any of you guys considered joining the Conservative party and supporting it financially? That way you get a say in the policies and direction you would like to see the party to go.
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Have any of you guys considered joining the Conservative party and supporting it financially? That way you get a say in the policies and direction you would like to see the party to go.

I am a member of a political party, my MP needs improvement, I would of donated more but....... A huge plus if you have somebody representing you that is a real champ, and pretty sure others feel the same, no matter political stripe.
I should of also said........I have met Pierre Trudeau in my youth and was a Liberal for a long time, thankfully, never a member.
I jumped ship when I realized that multi-culturalism didn't include mine, it actually destroys Canada's Native People.

In the beginning, the idea of MC sounded ok, but I also thought the newcomers would adopt Canadian culture, like our language either English or French. Not change laws to suit them and construct their own burrows and project their cultures outward...growing legs and is out of hand already.

Its clear what happens to any human being when they are spoiled and kept from exercising a fundamental human instinct, which is the survival instinct, making them soft, ruins creativity and ingenuity. In my view this applies to an individual or an entire people.
My point is, when you bring in People to join the work force, and tell another group of People to stay home...what did they think was going to happen?
Were not going to put that genie back in the bottle, the damage is done, they could do it on their own, but that ain't going to happen.

I like the PPC, but don't want to waste a vote, not this time anyways.

A good idea for the ones here who are not members. I think most here aren't. Rather than complain, get involved. smile I have been a member for years.
I joined as soon as I retired from the police force in 2002. Like you said Steve ---- get involved proactively..
I was a member but no longer. I don’t share anything with today’s “conservative”. Otoole and party make me want to puke as much the rest of them. I’d vote for Bernier but there’s no conservatives left to ever make that a possibility.
What's the alternative Trudeau?
WRT complaints, I think that is the purpose of this place most of the time. You read a lot of posts from people whining and complaining, but little constructive criticism. That's why your suggestion of getting out and doing something positive is a good one, Keith.

Here is the place on the Web where you can join the Conservative Party.

Would anyone like either the Liberal or NDP party membership websites? shocked

Join the Conservative party
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/22/21
Getting involved politically is one of the easiest things to do in Canada, look how many people come here and get involved and somehow elected, and English/French is a second language.

Anyone who wastes a vote on the green party is an "idiot", a vote for the NDP isn't very far behind "idiot"....we can't pay for these promises, nor do we need to make such policy.

O'Toole is the only credible leader who acknowledged we have a problem with embedded Communist's in this Country.

I don't see Trudeau looking for a photo op with his bud Biden, they're on the same page. Like Granny use to say "just keep feeding them rope, and eventually they hang themselves".
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/22/21
673;
Good morning my friend, I hope you all got a little rain this weekend?

The situation is somewhat better down here now, but we could still stand a solid week of rain, as I'm certain you all could too.

With regards to the choices in this particular federal election, I'd opine that even the most idealistic green supporter sees that their party is a mess now that Elizabeth May has both "stepped down" but stays around making inane and incoherent public comments which undermine the leader, in my view.

While I don't believe Mr. Singh is as jaded or corrupt as Prince Sparkle Socks and many/most of his minions, many of his comments show his lack of common sense, historical education and frankly situational awareness in our current world. Sorry Jagmeet, but someone always has to pay for things, the government has no money of it's own and we can't pay for programs when the economy is slowing down, inflation is going up and people aren't working.

I agree with your stance that in this election O'Toole is the only credible leader. Let's hope his advisors do a better job with him than they did with Andrew Scheer in the last one, you know?

Here's to a good outcome in the fire season, the election and good hunting pretty soon too!

Dwayne
I sure hope y'all get rid of the communist bastard."Fidelito",Son of Fidel Castro

https://medium.com/@leibowitt/of-course-fidel-castro-is-justin-trudeaus-dad-nobody-has-debunked-anything-4db6fc8a9042

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/27/world/justin-trudeau-castro-eulogy-parody/index.html
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/22/21
Jagmeet puzzles me.
I admire the Sikh People, but......the Sikh's I know and have discussed this topic at length with, are not Communists, why is he?
There must be a divide among the Sikh Community, the ones I know are Capitalist's and an asset to our Country.

So far, it's looking like Trudeau is out front, but the lead is small. I think the debates will shake the numbers up.

According to Nik Nanos, Chief Data Scientist, Nanos Research

"Liberals and Conservatives are gripped in a statistical dead heat as the end of the first week closes."

22 Aug 21

Nightly Tracking

LPC 34.3%,
CPC 32.4%,
NDP 19.3%,

three nights ending August 21st

https://nanos.co/

Good luck good folks!
We’ll know in a month. smile
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/23/21
The Chinese who are members of the "United front" will be voting Liberal, they will also do other things that Communists and propagandist do to get their party in.......ever wonder why Trudeau hasn't called out the United front in Canada?

They help him get elected, the Liberal party has zero integrity and will sell out the Citizenry just to get one more term.
The Chinese would like to get our firearms out of our hands...wouldn't they.

Erin O'Toole is the only leader who called out the Communist scum for enabling and interfering in our politics. Not sure what is happening in other parts of Canada, but the Chicoms are embedded in all aspects of media and Government in BC.
Defunding the CBC is a delightful prospect.
I hate to say it but I am afraid the Liberals are liable to obtain another minority government and will then continue their profligate ways and drive the country further into debt.

Jim
With the compressed timeline, I believe the election will be neck and neck until something happens that torpedoes either the Liberals or the Conservatives. I think nothing weird will occur until the debates are aired. By that time, the party handlers and backroom boys will pull out the stops. They will be less than two weeks to election day.
Well Freeland seems to have pulled out all the stops already with the falsifying of statements made by O'Toole a couple of years ago. Only scared politicians pull those kinds of tricks.

A day or so ago I was working in the kitchen and could hear the tv in the adjoining room where Trudeau was giving a speech. Without watching the picture the desperation in his voice was quite noticeable. Trudeau mentioned O'Toole by name multiple times while making attach statements. He is very much afraid that his plan for a majority government is going to back fire on him.

Jim
It's unclear if the manipulated media story will get legs. The Conservatives have to be careful not to spend too much time on this at the expense of other issues. Naturally, Trudeau is on the attack against Conservatives, but isn't doing so well. The Liberals have made a couple of blunders early in the campaign. I still believe the NDP are being left alone for a major play that will come closer to election day. That could change if it becomes necessary to attack them, but really, they won't form the government so you don't want to waste too much time on them.

Right now, the Liberals are trying to bombard the Conservatives with a number of issues to take the voter focus off healthcare, the BC fires, and why they called an election during the pandemic. After the first week, nothing Justin said has hurt O'Toole. The Liberals stumbled and Conservatives benefited. Their poll numbers are up. Support for O'Toole has increased to the point where the two parties are in a dead heat.

Will the Conservative surge continue? There are always surprises along the way to election day. Nothing has been said in the media yet about the Liberals extending the CRB until October 23rd. You cannot have voters running out of money before an election!

How well, or poorly, the Conservatives do on election day will depend on whether or not Canadians see the election as a waste of time, or even irresponsible. If this voter opinion continues, the Liberals will watch their numbers go further south. If you recall, public opinion put them in a majority position a few weeks ago, but they are back to minority territory now.

Keep an eye on the debate days. The backroom boys will let loose around this time. O'Toole has to be a statesman. Trudeau will smile and promise the moon. To me, Singh is the best of the three when public speaking. The NDP have no hope of winning, but Singh may become another Ed Broadbent.

The Liberals have to shift the focus off their negatives and find something bad to say about the Conservatives that will stick. The Liberals called an election at a bad time for all regions of the country. As of week one, the fires, the virus and accusations that they were attempting to manipulate the media are hitting them hard.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/24/21
Trudeau is so out of touch with Canada it is beyond words. He chooses to have an election when there is a disaster here in Southern BC, he is despised by all here. This Trudeau wont show his face around here, if he does then I'm going to his event just to join in heckling him.

The NDP is showing their true colors as well, people see the connection between the Federal and Provincial NDP, very distasteful policies, they are destroyers, people see it. It is all about free stuff, stupid.

When you are the Prime minister of Canada (Trudeau) you need to be in touch with everyone, not just those in a certain part of it.
Looks like the Conservatives could form a minority government.
I wonder how long that would last ?

Would they be able to reverse the May ‘20 OiCs , or would they need the support of another party ?

Stand By
This made me smile. The media has no idea how the vote will come out, but they have to fill up pages of the magazine. This article was fluff, but entertaining. smile A Conservative minority government would mean that O'Toole would have to negotiate with the Bloc or the NDP for support. Wouldn't that be interesting? smile

Is a Conservative minority government even possible?

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/is-a-conservative-minority-government-even-possible/
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/26/21
So Trudeau's woke stacked Government continues to shyte on Canadians.
Maryam Monsef, minister of Women and gender equality, refers to Taliban as "brothers"....oh but that is ok because thats how "they" do it over there.

Newsflash "skank" your in Canada now, and they ain't brothers to Canadians, we don't refer to murderers and terrorists as brothers, ok?
That is a perfect example of what happens when you fill positions with foreigners who have zero knowledge of Canadian culture.

It would of been fine to refer to the Taliban as Trudeau's brother, he gave Omar Khadr a safe place to live and 10 million, its safe to say they are brothers.
Originally Posted by 673
So Trudeau's woke stacked Government continues to shyte on Canadians.
Maryam Monsef, minister of Women and gender equality, refers to Taliban as "brothers"....oh but that is ok because thats how "they" do it over there.

Newsflash "skank" your in Canada now, and they ain't brothers to Canadians, we don't refer to murderers and terrorists as brothers, ok?
That is a perfect example of what happens when you fill positions with foreigners who have zero knowledge of Canadian culture.

It would of been fine to refer to the Taliban as Trudeau's brother, he gave Omar Khadr a safe place to live and 10 million, its safe to say they are brothers.
She was born Iran, so the cultural angle don't fit. Where do they find these creeps?
Coming from Trudeau’s Minister of Women and Gender Equality, this statement falls into the “you can’t make up this crap up file”. Another fine Liberal cabinet minister doing what they do best.

And of course, Trudeau’s blackface episodes were not racist acts as many Liberals informed me. The hypocritical left at it again.

Nick
Looks like JT is losing traction. Even the CBC news on line is not giving him as much positive as is usual. I was surprised today when I went to the political section and read what I did with a couple articles that were quite negative for JT.

Lovin' it. smile
More in the pipeline on JT bungling. Did you catch the Canadian Afghan interpreter stating that what caused most of the panic rush to the Kabul airport was that Canada was taking in 20,000 afghans. Unbelievable that was allowed on Canadian news. Probably be deleted tommorow.
Not too much has changed since the last tracking poll was posted. Still a dead heat. The promises coming from the various parties continue to be ho-hum. It seems they are saving the juicy stuff for closer to the day.

Nightly Tracking

CPC - 33.6%
LPC - 33.4%
NDP - 19.9%

BQ - 5.3%
GPC - 4.6%
PPC - 3.1%

Nanos three nights ending August 26

---

Here are some headlines worth reading.

Liberals pledge funding for COVID-19 vaccine passports

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...for-covid-19-vaccine-passports-1.5563712

Conservatives surging with male voters: Nanos data

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...ng-with-male-voters-nanos-data-1.5563675

Singh says he could make good on NDP's $10B universal pharmacare pledge by late 2022

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...pharmacare-pledge-by-late-2022-1.5563688
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/28/21
Trudeau comes to BC........I dont know why, he is hated, heckled, and he is grateful for his bodyguards that carry big black scary guns, hypocrite. His bodyguards have to push him to move along while they hold the crowds of people from ripping the Fe Fe into little pieces.

I see he gets a similar welcome in Ontario LOL.

Erin O'Toole is very well liked in these parts, he was correct in his view of China, when nobody else would say anything, also had insight into Afghanistan that has also been proven correct. His leadership really shows, and that would explain some of the distraction occurring within the Conservative party recently.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/28/21
Trudeau is in way over his head, just saw him after his bs session was cancelled...he was almost in tears LOL.
He is Canada's Biden, operating under the protection of the media, but he cant hide from the Citizens of Canada.

His bodyguards dont look woke, with purple hair and gender neutral name tags, they look to be about 300lbs LOL

I have long believed he has a mental issue which manifests itself during a time of crisis, a good leader is made through a series of life experiences, not just assumed because of a name.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/28/21
673;
Good morning sir, I hope you all got more rain than we did?

It's not too bad down here now even though it's still dry. The cool nights really help a lot.

While O'Toole might not have been my personal first choice, I will support him as I support the process which got him elected to his position.

For those who like what Mad Max is saying, I'll suggest that he is indeed saying the right things, but his political history is checkered with him making some pretty bad decisions. He is not, in my view a Preston Manning for instance, who I did support and respect.

Crown Prince Sparkle Socks is a typical trust fund baby/man child who hasn't had to work for anything meaningful in his formative years and thus believes in his heart he is a superior being.

Many, many of the Laurentian Power Elite are wired that way in my view and there's many examples of that behavior.

I worry that folks see Jagmeet's NDP as a viable alternative, as he's propped up Shiny Pony's spending this entire time and frankly even the most left leaning Canadian has to be wondering just a little bit about how we're going to pay for all this?

Once again, all other issues aside, the spending going on now is dependent upon a thriving economy AND low interest rate. If we get a double whammy of neither, it absolutely will mean we can't pay the debt acceptably, which will lower our bond rating, which will further depress our economy.

Anyways my friend, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but perhaps someone can use it when talking to someone else on the fence during this election.

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne
Many people will see Singh as a viable alternative, and that is why we haven't seen many attacks from the Liberals in the media about their policies. They can be "borrowed" by the Liberals at a later date, as Canadians have seen in the past.

The Liberals are hoping that the NDP will steal Conservative votes, and that is what they will try to craft.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
He is an embarrassment!
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/28/21
And on the morning of September 21, Canada will awaken with a newly reelected Captain sparkle socks the Burgermeister of Canada. I'd still consider trading Biden.
Originally Posted by patbrennan
He is an embarrassment!

Indeed
Posted By: Lorne Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/28/21
If the Kung Flu is so bad how does Trudeau get away with breaking the Ontario COVID laws with no tickets ?

Done it at least twice

Seems to me Bernier was arrested for something similar
There is a little over three weeks until the election. The Conservatives moved ahead of the Liberals, but that small lead can quickly vanish. They did not move ahead by gaining support. The Liberals backslid. That's important to understand.

For the optimists, a slow but steady increase for the next three weeks might mean that the Conservatives are back in.

For the pessimists, It's too early to tell and we're doomed anyway. smile

A warning: The Conservative numbers have remained the same for a few days. The Liberals have lost some support and it was picked up by the NDP.

So far, the Conservatives HAVE NOT increased their percentage of support. Nothing has really happened. O'Toole needs to increase the percentage at the expense of the Liberals AND the NDP to get into the House as the sitting government!!
---

Nanos Nightly Tracking
CPC 33.3%,
LPC 30.8%,
NDP 21.7%,

BQ 5.3%,
GPC 4.9%,
PPC 3.8%, CTV News/Globe and Mail/Nanos
- three nights ending August 27
---

Sounds like a man with integrity.

Conservative candidate banishes campaign volunteers who were at Trudeau rally
John Paul Tasker · CBC News

Conservative candidate Kyle Seeback said Saturday some of his campaign volunteers were at the Liberal event shut down by police last night amid a tenuous security situation.

In a media statement, Seeback, the party's candidate in Dufferin–Caledon, said a "few of my supporters attended the protest outside Justin Trudeau's event," and as a result they are "no longer welcome on my campaign."

"My campaign has zero-tolerance for obscenities or threatening behaviour against any candidate," Seeback said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-candidate-trudeau-rally-1.6156959

---

Here's something for the CTs.

Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/29/21
Erin O'Toole will gain support during the debate, Trudeau has too many weak area's in my view. O'Toole's French is also exellent and I can hardly wait and see what happens.

Its Jugmeet I am concerned about, for one thing....there is a high number of Sikh's here in BC (they all vote) so there is that.

He is being portrayed as a fellow of extreme family value's, he also has extreme charisma....hope he doesn't do well in the debate, sorry Jagmeet, but its all on the line this time.
Hopefully People will see how destructive the NDP Policies are, pretty sure Jagmeet is going to promise the World.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfwV09xV7dQ
Originally Posted by 673
Erin O'Toole will gain support during the debate, Trudeau has too many weak area's in my view. O'Toole's French is also exellent and I can hardly wait and see what happens.

Its Jugmeet I am concerned about, for one thing....there is a high number of Sikh's here in BC (they all vote) so there is that.

He is being portrayed as a fellow of extreme family value's, he also has extreme charisma....hope he doesn't do well in the debate, sorry Jagmeet, but its all on the line this time.
Hopefully People will see how destructive the NDP Policies are, pretty sure Jagmeet is going to promise the World.

Well-said

If Trudeau wins a majority, Canada is finished
Originally Posted by Skatchewan

No, we are not. It just means that the message was not effectively communicated. You are talking like everything is lost.

Stay positive. Stay on the message. Get out and talk to others about what you think Canada should be. Engage in conversation with young people. Find out what they think. Join the Conservative Party. Attend community or riding association meetings. Be part of the solution.
Everyday Joe: Canadian elections
With the election around the corner, Montreal comedian Joey Elias offers his take on the various campaign promises being made by the different parties.

Everyday Joe
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by 673

Well-said

If Trudeau wins a majority, for some People, Canada is finished.
With zero representation Manitoba west, it does make one wonder what the motivation for illogical gun control measures.

There isn't any crime committed by the legal gun owning Canadian populace at large. So why go after our firearms?
It is far more nefarious than blaming legal gun owners for crimes that simply don't exist.

I think that Trudeau and Jagmeet have the shared goals for Canada, one can only use his imagination to figure out why.
We desperately need a strong conservative majority. Otherwise the Libs and NDP can just team up and do a non confidence on a conservative minority. If you believe in prayer,now would be the time.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/30/21
We desperately need a strong conservative majority. Otherwise the Libs and NDP can just team up and do a non confidence on a conservative minority. If you believe in prayer,now would be the time.

100% agree.
Posted By: ribka Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/30/21

yep

Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Well-said

If Trudeau wins a majority, for some People, Canada is finished.
With zero representation Manitoba west, it does make one wonder what the motivation for illogical gun control measures.

There isn't any crime committed by the legal gun owning Canadian populace at large. So why go after our firearms?
It is far more nefarious than blaming legal gun owners for crimes that simply don't exist.

I think that Trudeau and Jagmeet have the shared goals for Canada, one can only use his imagination to figure out why.

That's not the trend right now unfortunately. As I posted earlier, the Conservative numbers have been stagnant at 32-33% for a couple of weeks. Only the Liberals and NDP go up and down, and that's a problem for the Conservatives. The short explanation is that the power base remains with the Liberals and the NDP.

It's important that people get out and chat with their neighbours. Trudeau's misfortunes have to remain front and centre for the rest of the election in order for it to influence the voters on the 20th. It's good to check in with your candidate's office and see what they need done.

Expect a big announcement from the Liberals closer to the debate. They need to shore up support, so Trudeau can do a number of things. He has the power to extend CRB payments, give voters one time "in lieu" payments, and enhance other benefits. Any of these will buy votes for the Liberals.

Posted By: Lorne Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by 673

100% agree.

Exactly
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by 673

100% agree.

673;
Good evening my friend, I hope you're all doing okay.

We've got another pretty big fire kicked up on PIB land just south of Penticton. All they'll say is it's human caused which I guess is all they ever do.

Anyways, this isn't for the choir here, but if anyone out there has folks on the fence in this election, Ian Runkle - who in my view is fast becoming a Canadian National Treasure - had this very articulate and measured presentation on the character of our shining prince.

It's worth a look I believe.

Good luck this season to you all up there 673.

Dwayne
The nightly polls are a snapshot of what people are saying on a given day.

Today, the NDP polled lower, giving up a small percentage to the Liberals. The Conservatives are still polling about the same. They have to pick up support from the undecided and the other two parties in order to make a move. The undecided often choose to support a particular party after watching the debate.

It's a little more than a week away until the debate. It's reasonable to expect a carrot from the Liberals the week of the debate.

Conservatives - 33.4%
Liberals - 31.5%
New Democrats - 19.8%

Eric Grenier says in this report that the Conservatives are moving ahead of the Liberals. That's not exactly the case. It is not so much that the Conservatives are gaining. They have only increased their share of decided voters by 1% to 1.5% in two weeks, depending on the poll. It's more that the Liberals are slipping. The question is, where are these former Liberal supporters going? You might be saying, who cares, as long as they keep slipping! That's unlikely. The Liberals can quite easily gain a few percent back. The power still lies with the Liberals and the NDP.

I expect that the Conservative planners are looking for slow and steady. Debate week is almost here and Justin hasn't handed out the goodies yet.

Here is Grenier's read.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1940179523988/
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/31/21
I watched the video.
I think it speaks to incompetence of Trudeau and to his entire Government, todays Liberal party is not the Liberal party from before. The depth of the party is concerning.

It is alarming the degree of lies the Liberal party will resort, to get their policies approved by the general public, its embarrassing that people believe his deceitful rhetoric.

The NDP is worse, their supporters must have never made a decision without Government intervention in their life, I think they are looking to create a society of victims.

Meanwhile I see the Conservatives with multi layered experience, good strong and smart Women, I'm confident there, I think we would be in good hands, but gonna be a rough ride.
The Liberals are usually smart strategists, but it's not apparent this time. Or at least, it isn't yet.

Elections are won when voters believe that a political party, or its leader, is something special. So far, Trudeau and the party have not shown themselves to be special. It's that simple. People are still asking why the election was called. Was that necessary or even smart? Atlantic Canada, a bastion of Liberal support, may see a few seats go to the Conservatives unless the Liberals can show them the purpose of a pandemic election. Certainly, the rest of Canada is wondering the same thing.

Atlantic Canada's take on the election.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...ada-accused-of-being-unfocused-1.5565674

Here's what many Canadians are saying about the election.

What are Canadians saying about the election?

A shorter than usual campaign has hurt the Liberals so far. They have made some public mistakes, while the Conservatives have managed not to step into poop so far. Their campaign seems better managed than the previous couple.

Angry voters meeting Trudeau's bus, pandemic voting, and fear for what the future will bring are hammering the Liberals from all parts of the country. This momentum must carry through until September 20th, if the Conservatives wish to form the next government.
Special is not on voters list, cost of gas and food will trump all that BS. Electrical costs and heating cost hitting consumers due to carbon tax etc have more effect. Throw on the vacine force on everyone including chlldren if Trudeau and his stupid liberals win, well he has hung himself. Like granny said " keep feeding them rope and eventually they hang themself." When NDP start looking good God help us.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 08/31/21
I keep forgetting the Carbon Tax, how will we cool the Earth without it? What will happen when someone wants the Earth just abit more cooler cause they are too hot?

After we achieve their goal of stopping Climate change, they will remove the Tax, right?
Trudeau says the fires will stop.

If the Government wanted to give Canadians instant relief, they could lower if not remove entirely some of the money grabbing Tax.
Not much movement today.

Conservative - 33.5%
Liberal - 31.4%
New Democrat - 20.5%

In other news,

Liberals to release platform on Wednesday amid tightening polls and looming debate
Conservatives have been chiding Trudeau to produce a plan and asking what he's 'hiding'

Liberals will release their full election platform Wednesday, a day ahead of the first televised leadership debate of the summer campaign.

The move comes at a time when polls suggest the Liberals, who entered the campaign eyeing a majority, have ceded ground to the Conservatives.

The CBC's Poll Tracker currently has the Conservatives with a narrow lead after more than two weeks campaigning exclusively on their platform, dubbed "Canada's Recovery Plan."

Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole released his 160-page plan the day after the election was called. Although not yet costed by the Parliamentary Budget Officer (PBO), the plan details billions of dollars in new spending and promises to recover one million jobs within one year.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-platform-2021-election-1.6160235

Some other election stories.

Erin O'Toole says he'll balance the federal budget 'without cuts'
Conservative leader's assertion echoes Trudeau's 2014 comment that the 'budget will balance itself'

John Paul Tasker · CBC News
---
Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole promised Tuesday to restore the federal government's fiscal balance over the next decade and eliminate the gargantuan federal deficit "without cuts" to public services.

Asked how we could rein in the eye-popping deficit the government has racked up during the COVID-19 pandemic — the federal deficit for this fiscal year alone is expected to be $381.6 billion — O'Toole said economic growth will bring more money to Ottawa in the coming years, and the fiscal house will be brought in order through the resulting new tax revenue.

"We will grow the economy so that we can get back to balance in a responsible and equitable way without cuts. That is our plan," O'Toole said at a campaign event in Ottawa.

The comment is similar to one made by Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau years ago when, as the then third party leader, he was asked just how committed he was to balancing the budget.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otoole-balanced-budget-no-cuts-1.6159859
---
Don't want to vote in person? Here's how to mail in your ballot
Turn your mailbox into a ballot box by following these simple instructions

Tyler Bloomfield · CBC News
---
Getting your special ballot at home or abroad

The first step to avoiding the polls on election day is applying for that special ballot online or at an Elections Canada office. The deadline to apply for this kit, or to get one in person, is Sept. 14.

If you don't have internet access, you can call Elections Canada at 1-800-463-6868 and they can help you find the nearest office to apply for a special ballot in person.

Once your special ballot application is accepted by Elections Canada, you will receive a voting kit. It should include two envelopes and instructions on exactly how to mark your ballot.

Tout ici - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/voting-by-mail-2021-federal-election-1.6143746
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/02/21
In three weeks, after the reelection of Captain sparkle socks. The border will likely go back into lockdown, I truly hope I am completely wrong, but that's my gut feeling.
Tonight's French language debate is the first one for O'Toole. The media and Quebecers will be watching closely to see how he performs. It's likely that Liberal strategists are hoping that O'Toole crashes and burns on live TV. They are hopeful that Trudeau walks all over him, to counter the constant interruptions and protests of Trudeau's bus. The Liberal campaign will be adversely affected if the protests continue, and O'Toole's appearance is acceptable. As much as some people in English Canada don't like the French, Quebecers aren't thrilled with Trudeau's performance either. It's possible that Quebecers will cut O'Toole some slack.

The numbers still haven't shifted much. The Conservatives are still in front, but it isn't nearly enough.

This is CBC's Poll Tracking.

Conservative - 33.7%
Liberal - 31.2%
New Democrat - 20.6%

Will these numbers shift after tonight? We'll know tomorrow.
Steve, I’m on the edge of my seat. What’s the polling ?

My high school Parisian French is a tad rusty, but I thought O’T did well,
But, how well does the rest of Quebec/Canada think.

Will he pry loose votes from Bloc supporters ?
Did he crush TurdO ?

Pay no attention to those n’er do wells that insist on backstabbing your every move.
I for one, appreciate your reasoned and seasoned responses, ha
These too will pass.
Thanks for your kind words,

This morning's polls are in, and the result is interesting. It's best if you don't take a day to day change, but look at trends. In this case, the Conservatives seem to be going slowly and steadily up. That has to continue through the English language debate and on to election day.

I included two polls. My take on them - Nanos and CBC - is the Conservatives scored well last night in the French language debate. Their numbers are up over previous days.

The Bloq seems to have lost ground (albeit a small amount) when the pollsters were tracking last night into this morning.

For me, this is encouraging. I was concerned about how O'Toole would perform in French. It appears he did alright.

Nanos Tracking

Conservatives - 35.7% (+1.5)
Liberals - 30.7% (+ 0.2)
NDP - 18.3% (-1.8)

BQ - - 5.5% (-0.5%)

CBC News (average of 4 polls - Mainstreet, Nanos, CR, Ekos)

Conservative - 34.0% (+0.3)
Liberal - 31.0% (–0.2)
New Democrat - 20.4% (–0.2)

Bloc Québécois - 6.0% {–0.2)

If this is true, it could be the Liberals undoing at the polls. Most Canadians don’t see the point to an election during the pandemic. They might punish the Liberals on voting day.

Canada on course for worst wave of COVID-19 yet, new modelling data shows
Ryan Flanagan - CTV News

TORONTO -- Reported daily COVID-19 caseloads in Canada could reach unprecedented highs later this month if current levels of virus transmission are not reduced, new federal modelling data shows.

On the eve of the Labour Day weekend, chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam took aim at young adults, describing an "urgent need" for more people between the ages of 18 and 39 to get vaccinated in order to prevent a rapid worsening of Canada's COVID-19 situation.

"The moment you get people back indoors … we will see accelerations," she said Friday at a press conference.

Data released by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) shows that 74 per cent of those between the ages of 18 and 29 and 77 per cent of those in their 30s have been fully vaccinated, versus 82 per cent of those in their 40s and even higher percentages of older age groups.

In addition, Tam said, those younger adults "continue to have the highest rates of infection," in part because they are more likely to have close contact with people outside their household for work-related or recreational reasons.

There is also a regional disparity in vaccination rates. While 84 per cent of eligible vaccine recipients across Canada have received two doses, the rate is only 78 per cent in Alberta and 76 per cent in Saskatchewan.

From mid-July to mid-August, Tam said, the COVID-19 infection rate was 12 times higher among the unvaccinated than the vaccinated, and the hospitalization rate was 36 times higher.

The rest here - https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...9-yet-new-modelling-data-shows-1.5572673
I also thought that Mr. O'Toole did well in the french Language debate. Seemed to me to quite articulate in our second language.

Why are we having two French debates and only one English? Is Twinkle Toes trying to stack the deck in his favour?| Wouldn't surprise me at all. Ethics and honesty have never been his strong points.
I also thought that Mr. O'Toole did well in the french Language debate. Seemed to me to quite articulate in our second language.

Why are we having two French debates and only one English? Is Twinkle Toes trying to stack the deck in his favour?| Wouldn't surprise me at all. Ethics and honesty have never been his strong points.

According to Eric Grenier of the CBC,

French-speaking voters have been spoiled lately, with two debates rather than just the one in English. That’s because a consortium of media outlets put on the official French and English language debates, while TVA (a Quebec only network - Steve) goes off on its own to produce its own program.

So it would appear that two organizations had a hand in scheduling the debates.

https://www.thewrit.ca/p/why-tonights-french-debate-matters
---

But that may not matter if Dr. Tam's predictions get legs with voters.
It's Sunday, with one more day of the long weekend left. Some pollsters suggested that Canadians would be talking about the election, platforms and the leaders over the weekend and that we might see a change in numbers. It doesn't look like it.

The CBC poll, an average of 4 polls - Mainstreet, Nanos, CR and Ekos - looks like this. No movement. Gun control. COVID and a few other items haven't really made much of a difference so far.

Conservative - 34.0%
Liberal - 31.3%
New Democrat - 20.0%

Bloc Québécois - 5.9%
People's Party - 4.4%
Green - 3.5%

Nanos has the Conservatives and Liberals tracking closer to each other. Regardless, there isn't much difference. Not enough to say that the Conservatives have a chance to form even a minority government.

CON - 34.9%
LIB - 33.4%
NDP - 18.9%

BQ - 4.8%
GRN - 4.2%
PPC - 3.5%

Someone is going to have to shake the sugar tree for votes this week! Will there be any heretofore unknown or unused ammunition hidden away in anyone's planning box? Perhaps they are waiting for later this week. The English language debate will have much more of an effect on voter's minds, but if the polls remain steady, Trudeau will have blown a lot of money for zero benefit.
If the liberals or ndp attack the O’Toole conservatives gun control policy it could backfire on them in a big way.
Even my 86 yo mom knows that they are doing the exact opposite of what they say they are accomplishing.

Honest law abiding firearms owners don’t commit these street crimes in the first place. Proven with their own statistics.

Given the foregoing, There is No legitimate reason for prohibiting semi-automatic magazine fed rifles, just because they might look like Full Auto Mil Spec versions. thousands of Coyotes are laughing.

Even the magazine capacity restrictions are silly.

The rhetoric is a lie. Every time they repeat it, it becomes more repugnant.

Please vote these liars out of their minority
.Hold them up to a higher standard of honesty and accountability.

Don’t give them the parliamentary seats that enable this dishonesty.
So far, only the gun control issue has managed to be a problem for the Conservatives. Voters don't remember what was said last week, so you can bet the Liberals will be hammering that issue and keeping it fresh.
The pundits expected movement in the polls after the long weekend. There was none. The CBC poll lays out the following - please note that this is prior to the English language debate.

10% Probability of the Liberals winning a majority
44% Probability of the Liberals winning the most seats but not a majority
41% Probability of the Conservatives winning the most seats but not a majority
5% Probability of the Conservatives winning a majority
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
The pundits expected movement in the polls after the long weekend. There was none. The CBC poll lays out the following - please note that this is prior to the English language debate.

10% Probability of the Liberals winning a majority
44% Probability of the Liberals winning the most seats but not a majority
41% Probability of the Conservatives winning the most seats but not a majority
5% Probability of the Conservatives winning a majority

Trust not the CBC.
Trust, but Verify !
This is a tight race,

Lies, damn lies and more statistics from the CBC.

the prize is at hand. It is unfortunate that the conservatives had to backtrack on their stated gun control policy, so as not to give TurdO something to hurl inflammatory rhetoric at.
He’ll find something else, and look equally pathetic.
He’s just a drama teacher, Not much of policy maker though

Prohibiting a semi-automatic rifle because one was used in a mass shooting 30 years ago is ridiculous policy.
Register it, by all means , but use the statistics of peaceful ownership to prove that it wasn’t the gun, but the nut behind the trigger !

Full auto, ok maybe too much fun. Anti-materiel, sure a tad sinister. I get that.

But my coyote rifle ? That’s just wrong. Get lost Bill
I would like to point out that the CBC poll below uses data that is 24 hrs behind Nanos.

Today's tracking is as follows: It seems the differences over gun control and health care might be adversely affecting the Conservatives. In the Nanos poll, what the Conservatives lost, the NDP gained. It literally will come down to the debate. All the soft or sway voters will watch the news media for individual performances on debate night before deciding.

The chess game continues.

Nanos*

LIB - 34.1%
CON - 32.0%
NDP - 20.9%

GRN - 4.6%
BQ - 4.0%
PPC - 3.8%

The latest data from today. Note differences in Nanos and CBC polls.

CBC Poll - Four polls averaged**

Conservative - 33.5%
Liberal - 31.2%
NDP - 20.3%

BQ - 5.9%
PPC - 4.8%
Green - 3.4%

**The CBC poll is one day behind. That is, their latest information is averaged from the four polls dated 3 to 6 Sep.
2nd French debate is tomorrow, I’m guessing the gloves may come off before Thursday’s English language debate.

Almost as exciting as an Oilers v Flames playoff matchup !!
Yes.

The advance polls open on the 10th - the day after the last debate night. My wife and I will be voting on the weekend.

The Friday polls will be interesting. smile
No point getting mixed up in a crowd of voters on the 20th if your mind is made up.

Cv19 Delta vs Election 21 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Little side poll here :

How many of you think or thought like I did , that the gravel thrower was a liberal orchestrated stunt to bring media attention and sympathy for poor Justin, the drama teacher ?

I can’t believe that his rcmp security detail are that inept , that they couldn’t apprehend the culprit.

Too convenient by far.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/08/21
It would be heavenly if the PPC replaced the Liberal Party as the official opposition, our choices would be the Conservatives and/or the PPC. Then we can get to work helping Quebec with whatever it is they need to separate and achieve their goals.
We can still be friends, but friends need to quit mooching and sleeping on my couch.

I dont see one single Liberal candidate signage anywhere around here, but everywhere I look is a **** Trudeau sign in someone's window. Trudeau wants to create more gun restrictions that nobody will adhere to. I am hoping that the Liberals will be crushed and Butts returns to his fluffy job as an environmentalist and Globalist extraordinaire.

Jagmeet is on a wing and a prayer, going on his Charisma alone, and the high number of Sikh's here in BC, he will win some seats here, but smart people see somebody has got to be working to pay for his promises, which are ridiculous.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/08/21
673;
Good day sir, I see your light is on and hope you're all doing okay.

I hope your fire situation is at least calming down a wee bit with the cooler nights. We've still had no significant rain which we could really use for sure.

There's been 3 fires now down here on PIB land in the past week and a bit. Strange coincidence that, no?

Last night I was watching a podcast of Danica Patrick with Jordan Peterson which was really pretty good on a lot of levels. Anyways one thing that he repeated was that if parents or governments make too many rules, they both need to be enforced to be effective and as well when there is a perception that there are too many or they are unfair, kids and people begin to ignore them.

To my way of thinking that's the fine line that the Liberals have hurdled across with firearms, just as they did with the registry. People just ignored it on many levels and idiotic laws made otherwise pillars of society into criminals.

There's a darker danger as well in that some folks I knew would stay on the side of right as long as it suited their purposes for the most part. If too many rules caused them to switch to the "dark side" so to speak, then all bets were off.

We very much saw this out here with grow ops in our part of the world. People thought it was stupid that they couldn't puff the devil's lettuce when they had a mind to and took steps to address that.

Anyways, historically speaking, too many rules never works. Certainly not in the long term.

That said, it seems like every batch of politicians we get either can't grasp basic historical facts or think they're special and will somehow be exempt from things even their parents were subject to. In Sparkle Socks' case, either Pierre or Fidel - take your pick really - made enough mistakes it should make the course obvious for him, but alas.... wink

Good luck on your hunts this fall 673 and lets hope this election works in our favor for a change.

Dwayne
338Rules;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one across the big hills and you're all well.

Cynic that I've become, the thought that one of Shiny Pony's minions tossed pebbles at his behest was absolutely the first thought I had.

If the day comes that I get agitated enough to throw rocks at someone, they'll be tennis ball sized with sharp edges. I speak with some experience here in my youth convincing livestock and sometimes stray dogs to heed my instructions and smaller projectiles with smooth edges just don't work.

But for sure, I wouldn't put it past them to stone themselves for the publicity and a chance to portray anyone with remotely libertarian leanings as a dangerous segment of the population.

I will say we don't see any Liberal party signs here either as 673 said, my wife was commenting about that on the weekend in fact.

All the best to you and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne
My Daddy always said if your stuck in one spot and just spinning your wheels and going nowhere throw some gravel at it to maybe gain some traction.
BC30 : Thank you for your cordial comments ! We are all well here, with clear skies and cooler nights.
I too am hopeful that wildfire season has passed.

I’m looking forward to some hunts, and enjoying nature’s bounty.
Grouse have been scarce here, but I am ever hopeful

Sitting back to watch the debates tonight & tomorrow, I won’t be changing my vote any.

Cheers
Originally Posted by 673
It would be heavenly if the PPC replaced the Liberal Party as the official opposition, our choices would be the Conservatives and/or the PPC. Then we can get to work helping Quebec with whatever it is they need to separate and achieve their goals.
We can still be friends, but friends need to quit mooching and sleeping on my couch.

I dont see one single Liberal candidate signage anywhere around here, but everywhere I look is a **** Trudeau sign in someone's window. Trudeau wants to create more gun restrictions that nobody will adhere to. I am hoping that the Liberals will be crushed and Butts returns to his fluffy job as an environmentalist and Globalist extraordinaire.

Jagmeet is on a wing and a prayer, going on his Charisma alone, and the high number of Sikh's here in BC, he will win some seats here, but smart people see somebody has got to be working to pay for his promises, which are ridiculous.

Butts ?

673 - I can’t disagree with what you are saying , Time to negotiate a truce with the separatists that allows them to leave home , succeed, fail or something in between. The west can’t afford their indecision.

I haven’t seen a Liberal sign either. Maybe someone threw gravel at them till they blew away. Ha
Posted By: HughW Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/08/21
Just back from 2 weeks camping with our daughter and 1 week alone with my dog (3 days of hunting sharptails - trip pictures to be posted later this week) and it was nice to stay away from the COVID / election news. I do see and smile at the drop in support for the Liberals which was something I had hoped for prior to leaving.

Coming back I have been surprised that there has been no media coverage of corruption in government and the ethics violations that have occurred over the last 6 years. Surely this item should be discussed in the debates but has been left off. The implication is that Canadians are fine with this behaviour and it is a non topic of interest to the average Canadian voter. Have we turned into a banana republic where corruption by a governing party backed up by a 3rd place finisher is now the acceptable standard?

This mornings article by Rex Murphy is a good one and needs to be splashed around.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-its-a-hollow-election-without-national-purpose
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/08/21
Originally Posted by 673

Butts ?

673 - I can’t disagree with what you are saying , Time to negotiate a truce with the separatists that allows them to leave home , succeed, fail or something in between. The west can’t afford their indecision.

I haven’t seen a Liberal sign either. Maybe someone threw gravel at them till they blew away. Ha

Butts....Trudeau's advisor, was secretary until he crawled back under a rock (resigned) over the SNC scam, miraculously resurfaced after the smoke cleared, a complete pos....google him. All he did was fugg the west.
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Butts ?

Butts....Trudeau's advisor, was secretary until he crawled back under a rock (resigned) over the SNC scam, miraculously resurfaced after the smoke cleared, a complete pos....google him. All he did was fugg the west.

673;
Good almost afternoon to you sir, hope the day's going as it should.

Indeed Gerald Butts is at the top or perhaps bottom of the list of the left leaning advisors which need to go away from all things government related.

He played a much larger roll in jerking Jody Wilson-Raybould around than most mainstream media reported on for sure.

While I'm no fan of Ms. Wilson-Raybould's politics, she and Dr, Jane Philpott were about the only two politicians that had a background in their postings. Well Harjit Sajjan did too, but somehow he turned out to be someone who should have stayed in a military career.

Anyways, I'm with you on Gerry Butts being bad, bad news when attached to anything whatsoever to do with national policy making.

Have a good one my friend.

Dwayne
673, BC30cal : Thx, I had forgotten about that snake, and his antics.
They always seem to have a way of resurfacing to do more damage.

The good ones that their treachery sabotages seem to become very Leary of the political arena though.
Once bit, twice shy.
Justin Trudeau Isn't Real
I wonder if he really wants to be PM, or is simply being used

Justin Trudeau is an artificial construct. That is, he was built by his father, his father's Liberal friends, and later, molded by the Liberal party. There isn't much of his own man inside.

He was one of three sons born to Pierre Trudeau and Maggie Sinclair, in what some called an arranged marriage. A prefab deal similar to how the royals and the very rich do things. It has been suggested that their marriage was partially a Liberal design.

Before looking at Justin, you have to consider where he came from.

Maggie and Pierre

Justin's mother, Maggie, was 29 years younger than her future husband Pierre, and not interested in him when they first met. It's understandable, given their age difference and the divergent lives each led. He was a 52 year old Quebec politician. She was a 22 year old hippie from BC.

The two were worlds apart. Pierre was a well educated, middle aged man who happened to be prime minister of Canada. He was at the top of his game politically in the late 1960s/early 1970s, but the world was changing. Maggie was just having fun and smoking ganja.

We had just come through a period of violent upheaval with the FLQ crisis. The US war in Vietnam was on our television sets every night. The 1970s arrived, not as a hippie lovefest but as a troubled, scrappy time.

Cable television was born. Image became more important than ever. Satellites relayed information to our living rooms from all over the world. The changes to the political landscape were not lost on the Liberal party or Pierre Trudeau. Canada needed stability and their leader had to change to lead the way.

Trudeau rose quickly through the Liberal ranks, portrayed as someone who was "now" and "cool". Almost everybody loved him - despite what people said later. Trudeau made the Liberal party hip! Look at the photo above. Here is a PM with long hair, a flower in his lapel, a funky tie and a good looking young lady on his arm. Everyone thought he was "totally with it".

Prior to 1968, we had several dowdy, older men as prime ministers. Have a look at picture of Trudeau's predecessor, Lester Pearson, and you'll see what I mean. Everyone, not just the youth culture, wanted a fresh start that reflected the changing times. Pierre was the answer.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Lester Pearson - PM from 1963 to 1968

Pierre Trudeau has always been considered a very organized, masterful planner. He knew what voters wanted, and I am sure there were many disputes amongst the Liberal leadership about his style and appearance. He was very adept at reading the public, which showed during his first few years as PM. He wore modern suits, always spoke his mind and was seen from time to time driving a sports car on Parliament Hill.

But politicians must adapt or be voted out. Trudeaumania had made him PM, but a segment of voters wondered why he wasn't married. That was important because it showed him as responsible and grounded.

Here's something to consider. Why did Pierre marry Maggie Sinclair?

1. She was a young, pretty, free spirited person. She was photogenic and would look great on the prime minister's arm. She would capture the youth vote.

2. Maggie was a liberal minded person with a Liberal background. She graduated from SFU in 1969 with an arts degree in sociology. Her father was James Sinclair, born in Scotland, who came to Canada (BC) in 1911 when he was three years old. He was Minister of Fisheries from 1952 to 1957 under Liberal prime minister Louis St. Laurent. She had the right lineage.

3. Pierre had to identify with as many Canadians as possible. Most people were married, or believed in it, so having a married PM was the politically correct thing to do. It was all part of the image. He was swept in on Trudeaumania, but had to keep power by demonstrating responsibility to older voters too.

To me, Pierre Trudeau's life was crafted to serve the Liberal ideal. It would happen later with his son, Justin, too. The difference lay in Pierre's ability to control most of what went on, whereas Justin had to be guided along by Liberal handlers.

Justin was born to a famous Canadian family. A good looking kid who may not have wanted to be a politician, but was wrangled into it after the death of his father in 2000. He showed that he could speak publicly, giving his father's eulogy. He had the name, and, I suspect, could be controlled. In 2006, he made his first political appearance.

It can be argued that Jean Chretien was the last effective leader the party had. After he left, Canadians saw Paul Martin Jr, Michael Ignatieff, Stephane Dion and interim leader Bob Rae put in charge. They were no good. Some back room person must have made the suggestion to fire things up and get Justin Trudeau into the public view. Like his dad, he was good looking and didn't live his entire life trying to get into politics. Some have claimed that because he wasn't politically astute as his father (or perhaps, less intelligent) and could be used by the party to return the Liberals to power.

I'll let you guess what happened.

Justin has two degrees - a bachelor of arts degree in English Literature (McGill - 1994) and a bachelor of education degree (UBC - 1998). Neither of which pushes you in the direction of politics. Most prime ministers had degrees in political science, economics or history at the masters or doctoral level.

Like many educators, he started as a substitute teacher, moving on to a private school where he taught math, French, and later, yes, he taught drama. The students liked him. Justin also worked for some advocacy groups, but had no political aspirations - until 2006 that is. He was approached by the Liberals and asked to get more involved with the party. He was 35.

Having a famous father as PM certainly introduced him to the power brokers. He had the name and was photogenic. Initially however, he wanted to be a teacher and had no desire to be a politician. Something changed. Wouldn't it have been interesting to be a fly on the wall when the Liberals first approached him?

Justin's dad crafted his own image. Justin wasn't as gifted. From 2006 until the present day, he would have to be educated on the fine points of back room politics, policy, and who advises the party. To me, he seems more like his mother than papa Pierre. We see it everyday when we watch the news.

He is not as skilled at public speaking as his father, and I don't believe he's as bright. He suffered the unfortunate circumstance of being dragged into politics by Liberal power brokers, who used him for the good of their party.

Does your average Canadian see this as well? Perhaps not. We don't know what happens behind closed doors at any party headquarters. The decision makers try to keep Justin on the liberal path, guiding a boy who just wanted to be a teacher. He was good at that.

So the question is, do Canadians see his ineptitude? Have they seen the Liberal mistakes? Calling an election wasn't necessary. Parents are sending their kids to school in a pandemic. Is that going to play on their minds too?

The race is so close. It is said that about 10 percent of the population is undecided. If that's true, the debate tonight will make or break things and determine the next governing party.

Watch the polls and listen to the pundits tomorrow!
Going into the debate, here are the nos.

Nanos

CON - 32.6%
LIB - 30.6%
NDP - 20.3%

BQ - 5.5%
PPC - 5.3%
GRN - 4.2%

CBC

Conservatives - 33.5%
Liberal - 31.6%
NDP - 20.0%

Bloc Québécois - 5.8%
PPC - 5.3%
Green - 3.0%

This is a good article for anyone who wants to know what happens if another minority government happens. It explains how and who would form the government. It may answer questions about how the parliamentary system works in plain language.

Nothing is over until it's over, but at this point, we are looking at another minority government.

Another minority government? Potential election outcomes, explained
Rachel Aiello - CTV News

OTTAWA -- As was the case in the 2019 campaign, at this point in the race based on polling, a majority government may be out of reach for both the Liberal and Conservative parties. So what are the potential minority government scenarios Canada could be facing?

There are a few scenarios that could unfold, but first it’s important to establish that there is no hard rule book for how these post-election talks can go, just historical convention and precedent.

Parliament has 338 seats, so in order to win a majority government a party needs to elect 170 or more MPs. This secures their ability to pass all key measures without needing another party’s support and sets up for four years of governing.

Heading into the 2021 campaign the Liberals held 155 seats, the Conservatives had 119, the NDP held 24, the Bloc Quebecois had 32, the Green Party had two seats, there were five Independents and one vacancy.

In the event that no one wins a majority of the seats, things could go a few different ways.

Before getting into the various scenarios, here’s a brief explainer on minority governments and coalitions:

What is a minority government? When the party with the most seats, but not a majority of them, tries to govern and maintain the confidence of the House by relying on cross-party agreements or vote-by-vote support to get the votes needed on key issues and bills in order to be able to advance policy. There have been several examples in the past, including three since 2000.

What is a coalition government? When parties join forces to hold a larger share of seats than any other party. This can include formal agreements where the cabinet includes members from both, or all, parties depending on how many team up. Extremely rare in Canada, a coalition government has not been formed federally in modern political times.

The rest here - https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...al-election-outcomes-explained-1.5580570
The advance polls opened today. I voted early just after it opened and there was a huge line up then. Later in the day was there again with my wife and daughter so they could vote. Larger line up then.

I don't think the organizers were ready for the amount of voters that showed up. I've never seen that many at any poll, early or otherwise.
Wow. My wife and I are voting on Sunday.

Did you ask the staff if they expected the large response?
Did you ask the staff if they expected the large response?

No, they were too busy trying to keep the line organized and moving. Most of the folks there were retired. I waited in the car while my wife and daughter were in later in the day. It was fun watching them trying to park their cars in a cramped busy parking lot. smile
I see. I guess my wife and I can expect that on the weekend.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/11/21
I was wondering why the so called "gun control" didn't enter into the English debate, it was promoted as the big headliner and I was prepared for their arguments, then nothing. Why was there a debate on gun control in French?
Did I miss something?
I suspect none of the parties saw that as a hot button issue. No one has been killed recently. The Liberals might wish to downplay Bill Blair's ineptitude.
---

This is just hitting the news. Will it cause a ripple or be forgotten?

Trudeau says he did not want Wilson-Raybould to lie as SNC-Lavalin affair re-emerges
Canadian Press

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is denying that he wanted Jody Wilson-Raybould to lie as he faced new questions about the SNC-Lavalin affair following the publication of an excerpt of the former justice minister's memoir.

Published in the Globe and Mail, the excerpt revolves around two meetings Wilson-Raybould says she had with Trudeau in February 2019 following what she has described as months of inappropriate pressure from senior Liberals.

Wilson-Raybould, whose memoir is set for release on Tuesday, has previously testified that the pressure involved efforts to get her to intervene to stop the criminal prosecution of SNC-Lavalin on bribery charges related to contracts in Libya.

In the excerpt, Wilson-Raybould says there was no question in her mind that Trudeau knew about the attempts to pressure her, and alleges the prime minister wanted her to lie to Canadians about what had happened.

Speaking at a campaign event in Mississauga this morning, Trudeau said the entire affair had been discussed and picked apart prior to the 2019 federal election, and denied wanting Wilson-Raybould to lie.

Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole alleged during his own campaign event in Whitby, Ont., that Wilson-Raybould's account is proof Trudeau will do anything to win.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...-snc-lavalin-affair-re-emerges-1.5581468

More information about Jody Wilson-Raybould's book and her days in Ottawa. There is enough time for this story to gain traction before election day. A hardcover edition will be available from amazon for $24.75. Kindle edition - $17.99

Wilson-Raybould's book was originally scheduled to be released in mid-October. However, its release was moved up and it hits bookstores as a close-fought election campaign enters its final week.
---

Full story of SNC-Lavalin affair still to be told, Wilson-Raybould says in new book
Pressed on campaign trail, Trudeau denies he left former attorney general with impression she had to lie
Elizabeth Thompson · CBC News

In her new book, Indian in the Cabinet, Jody Wilson-Raybould describes how the early honeymoon days as part of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet deteriorated over time as the Prime Minister's Office started to increasingly try to control the actions of her and other cabinet ministers.

The full story of what happened in the SNC-Lavalin affair has yet to be told, says former Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould in a scathing new book recounting her time in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government.

In "Indian in the Cabinet, Speaking Truth to Power," Wilson Raybould suggests that while the Trudeau government has considered the question closed, the SNC-Lavalin affair may not be over.

"At the time my office was dealing with the "pressure" to defer the prosecution of the company, my staff and I were not privy to all that the power brokers in Ottawa were doing around us," wrote Wilson-Raybould, who said some information is still locked behind the walls of cabinet confidences. "We still do not know. I will leave that to others to figure out, if they can or have any desire to do so."

Wilson-Raybould, who served as both justice minister and attorney general, says that as recently as January 2021, the RCMP was still considering whether to investigate Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government in the matter.

"At the time of writing this book, the RCMP were continuing to examine this matter carefully with all available information," she wrote, echoing language in a RCMP statement issued in August 2019, the force's only statement on the matter to date.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jody-wilson-raybould-trudeau-1.6172488
It's telling that the CBC has reader comments turned off for this article, like they often do when it's a negative light on Trudeau or the Liberals.
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy
It's telling that the CBC has reader comments turned off for this article, like they often do when it's a negative light on Trudeau or the Liberals.

Very much so. I'm surprised they even mentioned the book.
I voted this afternoon for the advanced poll at the Legion. There were no other voters in front of me. Nice. In and out in less than three minutes. smile

Elections Canada says 1.3 million votes cast on first day of advance polling
Ryan Flanagan - CTV News

TORONTO -- More than one million Canadians voted during the first day of advance polls for the federal election, Elections Canada said Sunday.

The agency reported a preliminary estimate that more than 1.3 million votes were cast on Friday.

Advance polling ran through the weekend, and will continue with a final day on Monday, ending at 9 p.m. local time.

This represents a slight increase over the turnout on the first day of advance polls during the 2019 federal election, the agency said. In total, there were a record 4.7 million votes cast at advance polls in 2019, up from 3.65 million in 2015.

The rest here - https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...n-first-day-of-advance-polling-1.5582488
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/13/21
I voted today, it took 20 minutes to move 5 voters through, everyone was really pizzed off.
I arrived to a line of maybe 50 People waiting outside. I was only in line for about 5 minutes and this fella came and asked my number, he says ok come with me, so me and 4 others walk right to the front of the line and everyone is really pizzed off.

I just wanted to shout out....this is all Trudeau's fault, but the look on their faces told me they already knew it was his fault.

I felt bad and was quite embarrassed lol, then went in to vote and it took 20 minutes to process 5 voters.
I heard on friday they had to shut the doors and delay voting for an hour to fumigate the place because someone walked in the building without a mask.

I was wondering why all the scrutineers were older than 70, and some more than 80 years old. I was thinking if the Wuhan were around these guys were in the wrong place. I will be curious to see the stats on the age of voters in this years election as I only saw 2 people under 50.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/13/21
673;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope that opening weekend was rainy for you folks too and you're all doing well.

We went in when the early polls had just opened in the Falls and were in and out in less than 5 minutes. Our daughter and her husband went a couple hours later and said it went smooth and fast as well.

My wife and I had to take my PC into Staples in Penticton - it died after a power outage last week - and when we went past the polling station there it was pretty busy in the parking lot, but I don't know much beyond that.

It's interesting down here there was a candidate for Crown Prince Sparkle Shorts' party, but we've yet to see a single sign for them anywhere.

Other than on CBC radio, there seems to be universal disgust with him in our area, so that's likely why.

Let's hope the rest of our country see it that way and give him an opportunity to get that UN appointment and live in another country - any other country would be fine with me, but honestly I'm not sure other than China who I think deserves him, you know?

All the best this season and have a good week 673.

Dwayne
Excerpts from the Calgary Herald, as well as an excerpt from Jody Wilson-Raybould's book, printed in the Toronto Globe and Mail. Hopefully, this gets a lot of press through to election day. It is obvious now why she had her book released earlier than intended. She wants a piece of Trudeau. Even if this doesn't get enough steam up by election day, it will bite Justin in the ass. The Liberals will not be able the weather this storm. It's likely that the RCMP will have get busy with their investigation too.

It concerns the attempted political interference with the justice system by Justin Trudeau and the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) over the SNC-Lavalin affair. (full explanation here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNC-Lavalin_affair) Wilson-Raybould was the Attorney General at the time.

DPA - deferred prosecution agreement

Chris Selley: Jody Wilson-Raybould offers a ballot question in an election about nothing
At this point in Trudeau's tenure, too many people have 'experienced things differently' — not least the Ethics Commissioner, twice — for him to expect any benefit of the doubt

“(Trudeau) made it clear that everyone in his office was telling the truth (about those interventions) and that I (was) not,” Wilson-Raybould writes of a meeting with the prime minister in a private-jet terminal at Vancouver airport, three days after the Globe first dropped bombshell revelations of the PMO’s interference in the SNC-Lavalin case. “He told me I had not experienced what I said I did. He used the line that would later become public, that I had ‘experienced things differently’. I knew what he was really asking. …I knew he wanted me to lie.”

Pressed by reporters on this account on Saturday in Mississauga, Ont., Trudeau’s answers could only have been convincing to someone with a partisan interest: “I would never do that. I would never ask her that. That is simply not true.”

https://calgaryherald.com/news/poli...ot-question-in-an-election-about-nothing
---
This link takes you to the actual book excerpt. It is shocking that Trudeau would attempt to pressure one of his ministers to lie, and toe the party line. You will find this Globe and Mail excerpt fascinating. The media has to get this out and spread it around. Please read it and let people know.

‘In that moment, I knew he wanted me to lie.’ Jody Wilson-Raybould recalls a tension-filled meeting with Justin Trudeau
JODY WILSON-RAYBOULD - SPECIAL TO THE GLOBE AND MAIL

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...-me-to-lie-jody-wilson-raybould-recalls/

Posted By: BC30cal Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/13/21
Steve;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the weekend was a good one for you and your fine family and you're all well.

Thanks for that snippet from the new book by Jody Wilson-Rabould, it should be required reading by all Canadians regardless of whether or not they choose to vote or not.

The chosen line of his that the other people just "experienced it differently" is telling on so very many levels of his narcissistic personality - in my view anyways Steve.

Again I can only pray that enough of our fellow Canadians have had enough of the lies and deceit that are so casually and habitually used.

All the best to you all and good luck on your hunts this season.

Dwayne
Hi. Not much traction on Wilson-Reybould's accusations. I only see it mentioned in a couple of dailys. It's going to need time to grow.

Here are today's poll numbers. Still neck and neck.

CBC

Liberal - 31.9%
Conservative - 31.3%
New Democrat - 19.3%

Nanos

LIB - 33.2%
CON - 30.2%
NDP - 18.6%
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/14/21
I have spoken to People about the debate, someone pointed out something that I now find disturbing.
The questions were asked by Rosemary Barton, Evan Solomon, and Mercedes Stevenson just two of the folks I remember, but now wonder if there isn't a conflict of interest if the ones asking the questions are working for an entity that is Government funded....

The CBC is not the place to draw on talent that reflects on Canada at large. Too bad they didn't ask the general public for questions. Two I mention are two left leaning Communists that are hard to listen to, and frankly... look at.

In a follow up, I saw Rosemary Barton grill Erin O'Toole the other night and she was opining on guns...wtf does she know about guns? Has she ever lived on a farm, hunted, shot for sport, trap?.....if not then she should of kept her mouth shut.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/15/21
The media is pulling out all the stops for Trudeau LOL, they have decided that climate change needs to be front and center... phoney and fake, defund the CBC and this will be diminished greatly.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/15/21
The media says you guys are in love with Trudeau, why?

It shows a massive divide in this Country that can only be resolved through a divorce. Lets face it, we are miles apart, there was zero support for the Liberals Manitoba west, zero. Yet, we are under constant threat of gun control coming from the east, economic control, mind control are not far behind.

Just wait until you folks get a full dose of the land claims coming to an area near you, it will come in the form of Court actions, it already has begun to unfold in Ontario.

First you will get UNDRIP, Trudeau promised that, thats a gift for you too, not just BC, enjoy. UNDRIP, no big deal?
Its no big deal sitting on the shelf, but becomes a massive deal when the Court starts using the document for rulings and begin building case law around it.

We have Quebec who puts itself and its interests above the rest of the Country, they hate guns, pure and simple.
Well, unless voters surprise the media and the pollsters, it looks like another minority Liberal government.

The thing that upsets me about this is the colossal waste of time and money that was spent on an unnecessary election. The Liberals and their supporters didn't seem to mind spending over $600 million during a pandemic. I guess they don't think of it as their money, so it doesn't affect them. The best reason for tossing the Liberals isn't their politics, but rather, their irresponsible, needless expenditure of tax dollars.

So, what has changed since last month? Nothing. The pandemic still rages and the Liberals continue to burn through your money because, hey, it's not theirs.

This is how the Nanos and CBC polls stack up today, Thursday, 16 September, 2021.

Nanos

Liberal - 31.9%
Conservative - 30.3%
NDP - 21.2

CBC

Liberal - 31.7%
Conservative - 31.2%
New Democrat - 20.1%

---

There are 338 seats in Parliament. 170 are needed to form a majority. If the polls are accurate, the distribution will be as follows:

Liberal - 150
Conservative - 120
New Democrat - 38
Bloc Québécois - 29
Green - 1
The media are trying to tie O'Toole to Kenney's massive failure today, it's a full court press. If there's one thing that will get Liberal voters out, it's their hatred of AB.
I doubt Trudeau will get a majority. All I see is a party that’s lost touch with Canadians. Trudeau’s sunny ways have become dreary days. Sadly, O’Toole’s team hasn’t done any better.

I am disappointed with Canada’s citizens. They seem to be turning a blind eye to the Liberal lies and failed promises. I would have thought that more of the left leaning people would have embraced the Greens or the NDP. That hasn’t happened either.

I have read about 1/3 of Wilson-Reybould’s book. I hope that as more people read it that Trudeau’s two faced nature will be exposed.
Posted By: PSE Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/16/21
Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it's always a serious problem, according to psychologists.

Sounds like our PM has mastered this technique.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/17/21
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy
The media are trying to tie O'Toole to Kenney's massive failure today, it's a full court press. If there's one thing that will get Liberal voters out, it's their hatred of AB.

I was listening to that today too. Then all I hear is climate change and how Trudeau has the best plan...media scum.
Originally Posted by PSE
Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it's always a serious problem, according to psychologists.

Sounds like our PM has mastered this technique.

You are probably giving Trudeau more credit than he deserves. I think it's his handlers who have the smarts.
I wonder if the Liberals called an election, knowing that they would be returned with another minority government? It effectively winds back the clock, giving them a couple more years in power, with little chance of being challenged.

They would still have to partner with the NDP, but that's been working - especially with the pandemic. They neuter the Conservatives too.

After Monday, the Conservatives and the NDP will be less likely to say no to any Liberal bills. Doing so would result in a non-confidence vote and trigger another election. OToole and the Conservatives would be seen as the bad guys in the eyes of the public. The Liberals would use that in the media.

Despite what the anti-vaxxers might say, they are the best supporters the Liberals have. As long as the pandemic continues, the Liberals stay in control. Refusing to be innoculated means COVID stays alive and that makes the coronavirus their friend.
Two Years is a long time for a minority govt to survive.

People who hopped on the CERB / EI train will soon be disembarking,
and the publication schedule for Jody Wilson Reybold’s book was known.

The election schedule was dictated by these factors
Posted By: PSE Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/17/21
I think his ego is far too big to want to govern with a minority. He's been elected with a majority in the past and and to him that's the natural order of things. Once having tasted real power, nothing else is palatable.

If the Liberals only come out with a minority (and it looks likely) I would think he would consider moving on, perhaps to a U.N. position of some sort representing Canada on the world stage. It would be seen to be a graceful exit.

If the Conservatives win a bare minority, a non confidence motion at the earliest opportunity is more likely since the NDP have said in the past that a Conservative government is too different from their value system and to cooperate with it would be difficult.

Interesting times ahead!!
It could be that calling the election was an attempt to reset the clock. The pandemic has also been a big help.

Wilson-Reybould moved up the publication date because of the election. It would have been more effective had it come out sooner, but book publications progress on a schedule.

I have the Kindle version and am about 1/3 of the way through. She is less than kind about Trudeau and the party. She got snookered, and I think she is upset with herself about that. Certainly, she has a vengeful streak directed at both Trudeau and the party.
Posted By: ERK Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/17/21
I would like to know how Canada can help with global warming even if it was real. India and China have so many people you guys up north wouldn’t even make a blip on a graph. Edk
We cannot help.

Mother Nature chooses areas like India, China and other overpopulated areas for reduction. Saskatchewan and Montana are safe. laugh
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/17/21
Originally Posted by ERK
I would like to know how Canada can help with global warming even if it was real. India and China have so many people you guys up north wouldn’t even make a blip on a graph. Edk

You just exposed the lie.
Who thinks Canada can even begin to put a dent in the cause of global warming? Yet, Trudeau has managed to convince enough People that he/we can stop the forest fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding etc....with a tax, or a series of taxes.
Who is the real idiot?
But you don’t understand that if everyone gets together, it would make a difference.

Do not confuse Canada’s reduction of carbon emissions with saving the planet. Those who see this as a problem want everyone to get together as one and fight it. Canada is a small piece of what scientists perceive to be a bigger problem.

A carbon tax and how governments will use this new money is the problem.
Posted By: 673 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/18/21
I couldn't help but to wonder how everyone will be able to cast a vote on Monday.
Unless a person voted beforehand.....there just isn't enough time to process the voters. As an example, when I voted, it took 20 minutes to process 5 voters because of the Wuhan protocol, and about 50 people in line waiting for the 3 voting booths.

I do wonder if the polls are closing,,, do they tell the voters, too bad, times up? I can see that as a clusterphuck because it is a Constitutional right to be able to vote, not that Trudeau and others give a shyte about what that document says.

Its not the voters fault the protocols are time consuming, saying they should of voted early doesn't negate the right to vote, but the time consuming Wuhan protocols might.
Everything will be fine.

The polls will stay open until the line goes down, as they always have.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ct...l-election-2021/2021/9/15/1_5587235.html
Posted By: PSE Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/18/21
Originally Posted by ERK

We are supposed to provide a stunning example to the rest of the world. Everybody will look at us and say how good and righteous Canadians are and how we need to emulate that. Something blah blah like that anyway laugh
Canadians with any savvy have been overwhelmed by the stupid ones....even the recent immigrants seem have more sense. Not sure if its too much tv, radio, too much time on the couch?? or its simply the propaganda that gets them.
I would like to know more about this too, in fact, if Trudeau wins this election or not, this issue needs to be addressed. The (two Michaels) are a part of this too, they are hostages. China has Trudeau on the hook.....the Chinese don't want Erin O'Toole as Primeminister because he will expose how dirty Trudeau and his Chinese buddies are.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/torie...nese-military-scientist_4003261.html?utm
Posted By: ERK Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/18/21
If your election is like our last one the votes cast won’t matter anyway. I’m sure your libs have been with ours and know how to do it. Good luck. Edk
Originally Posted by 673
Canadians with any savvy have been overwhelmed by the stupid ones....even the recent immigrants seem have more sense.

We need true proportional representation, pure and simple.
I expect most of you will be tuned to the news later today as the votes are counted. CBC has this page set up to post the running totals. You can also find and watch your riding too.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2021/results/

I'll go to bed and find out in the morning.
Originally Posted by 673
I couldn't help but to wonder how everyone will be able to cast a vote on Monday.
Unless a person voted beforehand.....there just isn't enough time to process the voters. As an example, when I voted, it took 20 minutes to process 5 voters because of the Wuhan protocol, and about 50 people in line waiting for the 3 voting booths.

I do wonder if the polls are closing,,, do they tell the voters, too bad, times up? I can see that as a clusterphuck because it is a Constitutional right to be able to vote, not that Trudeau and others give a shyte about what that document says.

Its not the voters fault the protocols are time consuming, saying they should of voted early doesn't negate the right to vote, but the time consuming Wuhan protocols might.

We went this morning at 10:30am and were in and out in less then 7 min. No lineups but a steady stream.

I spoke to a supervisor and told him how well it was run. Much better than I expected. He said they had some hiccups when they first opened but got it under control. And, TBH, they weren't messing around with Covid BS. It was just like any other election, so long as you were wearing a mask and lined up on the social distancing lines.
Posted By: ribka Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/20/21
But you don’t understand that if everyone gets together, it would make a difference.

Do not confuse Canada’s reduction of carbon emissions with saving the planet. Those who see this as a problem want everyone to get together as one and fight it. Canada is a small piece of what scientists perceive to be a bigger problem.

A carbon tax and how governments will use this new money is the problem.

Canada's entire economy relies on exploiting natural resources. Oil, timber, minerals.

Where are the jobs going to be created Steve? Chinese wind turbines and Chinese made solar panels in a sun lacking country in the northern hemisphere?

Good luck getting rid of cape sparkle socks , but Im afraid the fix is in
Gina McCarthy is an American environmental health and air quality expert serving as the first White House National Climate Advisor under U.S. President Joe Biden. She served as the 13th Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from 2013 to 2017 under U.S. President Barack Obama. Listen closely to what she has to say on the subject.

Originally Posted by SuperCub
I'll go to bed and find out in the morning.

I am curious to see what the final tally is. Since there hasn't been much movement in the polls since the start, the only thing I can think of is the Liberals wish to re-set the clock. Putting themselves back in the driver's seat with the NDP as their support. Because of the pandemic election, they probably feel the Conservatives will be less likely to vote against the government and cause a no confidence motion to be raised.

The Conservatives would not be seen favourably by the public. O'Toole would be blamed for causing another pandemic election.
While not everyone can vote early, things like this should convince voters to check out alternatives. Of course, people can always check in with their local constituency office for locations.
---

Technical problems with Elections Canada website, long lineups frustrate voters
An Elections Canada spokesperson says the agency appreciates 'electors's patience'
Ryan Maloney · CBC News

Elections Canada has apologized for technical problems with an application on its website that tells Canadians where to vote in Monday's federal election.

The site's voter information service page usually lets Canadians find their polling station by entering their postal code and address. Voters can also search based on electoral district names.

But many took to social media Monday to complain that they were receiving the same error: "We were unable to find your voting location. Please call the office of the returning officer for assistance."

The federal elections agency told CBC News those difficulties were resolved later Monday morning.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/elections-canada-website-lineups-1.6182570
The results are starting to come in. No surprises so far.

Link here - https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2021/results/

This is a Financial Post article from April 2021. I thought I would post this for those of you who might feel hard done by because of transfer payments and an unequal seat distribution in Ottawa.
---

Diane Francis: With more seats than it deserves Atlantic Canada is awash in federal handouts
Liberals have leveraged their illegitimate position by sending money from wealthiest provinces, through grants and equalization payments, to their Liberal strongholds
Diane Francis - Apr 30, 2021

In the last election (2019 - Steve), Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Liberals got 6,018,728 votes, or a puny 33.12 per cent of the total, and the Tories got 6,239,227. Even so, Trudeau ended up with 157 seats and the Tories only 121. I analyzed the numbers in a piece I wrote last year in The Post which revealed the need for electoral reform. (That article is here. https://financialpost.com/diane-fra...r-electoral-reform-in-canada-and-the-u-s )

This electoral injustice was due to gerrymandering which has given the poorest part of the country — everything east of the Quebec-Ontario border — 14 more seats than it deserves, based on representation by population. So, it shouldn’t surprise that the Liberals have leveraged their illegitimate position by continuing the practice of sending money from the wealthiest provinces, through grants and equalization payments, to their Liberal strongholds.

But the extent of this giveaway to Quebec and notably Atlantic Canada is greater than most people realize, according to a recent article in Halifax’s Chronicle Herald by David Mackinnon, a former civil servant in Nova Scotia and Ontario. He was born in P.E.I. and has been a senior fellow at the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies in Halifax.

He warns Atlantic Canadians that their “bubble” is about to burst because it is unsustainable. This warning is timely considering Alberta is about to hold a referendum demanding changes in equalization transfers this fall. Confederation’s other “sugar daddy” Ontario should do the same.

Mackinnon, however, points out that equalization transfers are only a quarter of the money that the federal government has shovelled into Canada’s poorest provinces. “Regional subsidies to Atlantic Canada are much larger than is commonly assumed,” he writes.

The rest here - https://financialpost.com/diane-fra...ntic-canada-is-awash-in-federal-handouts
CTV news has declared a Liberal win as of 2220 hrs eastern time.

The West will decide if it is another minority, but I have faith that the West will rein in the Liberals.

As of 2230 hrs Eastern Time.

Not the outcome that I was hoping for, but about what I expected. No significant change in the balance of power.

Backtracking on repealing the assault rifle ban , seemed to be the turning point that allowed the liberals to reverse the conservative momentum that had previously been established.

Apparently, Winning that debate isn’t as readily achieved as terrorizing and demonizing from the liberal “Progressives” with false rhetoric.

C’est la Vie .
[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]
Sorry guys. Idiots abound on both sides of the borders.

Jim
Originally Posted by texasbatman

Jim

VERY sad but true.
Posted By: Flyer01 Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/21/21
610 million wasted
Minority government are always good governments , any strip.It keeps those politicians in check. And the backbenchers have a say . They lose one of them and the government can lose the vote of confidence They also have to keep their party workers engaged ,an election at any time. Not only do they have to talk the talk, they have to walk the walk.

Nobody believed O'Toole when he talked that he would do the walk. As for vote splitting, look at what the Liberals have to put up with on their left flank, nothing like the Conservatives on their right flank.
I think over the coming days pundits will speak about the impact of the PPC and the poor performance of the Conservatives in Alberta.

They will also bring up Singh’s strengthened position in Parliament. He will be able to push back and Trudeau will be compelled to listen.

Amongst the power brokers, the only winner last night was the NDP.
In the last Parliament, the Liberals only needed support of one of the opposition parties, it's the same for this one. No change.
Posted By: PSE Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/21/21
The PPC party, even though it didn't win any seats will have to now be considered seriously by the Conservative party.

There were a number of seats that could/should have gone to Conservatives but instead were won by Liberals or NDP. Not enough to make any difference in the final status of the Conservative party but still very worrisome if the popular support for the PPC party continues.
Posted By: PSE Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/21/21
There was also the Kenney effect which couldn't have come at a worse time for the conservatives and drained party support from the Conservatives.

The Liberals were skillfully able to tie the Kenney/Alberta Pandemic management to Erin O'Toole.
More Liberal Bumbling and lying to come. Get rid of Justine --- our country can't afford him.
Both the Conservatives and the NDP will have to give the Liberals some rope. Neither wants to trigger another election too soon because of a no confidence vote. Whoever does that will take a shellacking from the public. O'Toole made mention of an 18 month time frame in his concession speech. Does he know something we don't? laugh
Posted By: ERK Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/22/21
Prayers sent. Edk
Posted By: greydog Re: Federal Election - 20 Sept - 09/22/21
The Conservatives need to run on a conservative platform. Fiscally conservative, socially conservative, politically conservative. This election was a rejection of liberal conservatism. If they ever find a leader who can project that and avoid being pushed around by the media, they will form a government. If they then adhere to their espoused principles, they will stay in government. As a by-product, they will do the country some good. GD
Originally Posted by greydog
The Conservatives need to run on a conservative platform. Fiscally conservative, socially conservative, politically conservative. This election was a rejection of liberal conservatism. If they ever find a leader who can project that and avoid being pushed around by the media, they will form a government. If they then adhere to their espoused principles, they will stay in government. As a by-product, they will do the country some good. GD

Agreed. From my perspective, and the longtime Conservative voters I spoke with, O’Toole’s flip flopping and the CPC moving away from traditional Conservative values toward Lib-lite, were large contributing factors to the rise in support for the PPC.
Originally Posted by texasbatman

Jim

We only have the voters to blame.
We might get a chance to go through this again in 18 months. We'll have to wait to see if voters feel the same as they do now.
© 24hourcampfire