Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Lorne
In related news Erin O’toole fired the CPC candidate for the Yukon this morning because he does not support mandatory vaccination across the board .

Individual rights, the Charter apparently don’t exist.

Also handed that constituency vote to the Lieberals

Yes it was a very strange decision. Most folks thought Jonas would win handily. Two days prior to the CP decision I had been talking to Jonas about his thoughts on some of the bigger issues. I have known him for some time and feel he would have represented Yukoners well. He still might, as there is talk of him running as an independent, or as a PPC candidate. I do know the conservatives lost a lot of votes with the decision. I will never give them another dime, thats for certain. PPC all the way now.

GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Here's part of that steal. Jagmeet Singh says he will deliver universal drug coverage and dental care in his first term. Regardless of your politics, having free prescription drugs and dental is a powerful draw. This carrot will take some votes away from the Conservatives. As a result, the Liberals will slide up the middle on election day. This maneuver will leave the Liberals with the most votes, but a lower percentage of the popular vote.

And here lies the problem ^^ Anyone who thinks any political party can provide them with anything "free" is in my opinion to stupid to vote. I agree that it will cost the conservatives votes, because people are stupid enough to believe it. I remember watching a reporter question an Obama supporter during his campaign on his infamous health care boondoggle.The reporter asked the lady where she thought the money was going to come from and she said " he has lotsa money." Thats the mentality of the average voter these days, they are simply to stupid to realize everything the govvy gives them, comes from their bank accounts. Doubt that just ask 10 Canadians how much they pay for health insurance. Nine out of ten will tell you with a straight face that its free. They are to stupid to realize they pay the same, or even in some cases more than their southern neighbours to the south, and get a lot less for their money.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Given a little time as CPC leader his plan and presentation might prove formidable.

Easier to oppose and criticize an obliging target like JusTard though, sitting in opposition .
Depends on the outcome of this snap election.

More Seats, Only 338 to divvy up.

I would like to think that. Now is the time for him to show Canadians what he's made of. Hopefully, O'Toole's handlers will gauge the feeling of the electorate and use it. Like this. It is a CBC article

Canadians appear to be heading into a pandemic election — and many are wondering why

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-timing-concerns-1.6140811
---

While it too early to know, there is also this. These are the weapons of politics.

'Recoil effect': New Nanos polling shows Liberals may be out of majority territory
Rachel Aiello - Ottawa News Bureau

OTTAWA -- Anticipation that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will trigger an election on Sunday has resulted in a “recoil effect” in the Liberals' ballot numbers, possibly moving them out of majority territory, according a survey conducted by Nanos Research.

The survey completed on Thursday night suggests that as the summer-long speculation of an election call shifted towards it looking more certain that Canadians are on the verge of being sent to the polls, voters have been swinging away from the Liberals.

“The latest Nanos tracking that was just completed on Thursday night, suggests that there has been a significant recoil effect against the Liberals. This hot speculation about an election has shifted voters from the Liberal column to the Conservative column, probably because they are upset about the fact that there is an election,” said Nanos Research's Nik Nanos in an interview with CTV News on Friday.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/rec...y-be-out-of-majority-territory-1.5546747

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An election during a pandemic........It didn't hurt the NDP in BC, they did it and won a majority.

If the Conservatives have a chance then the media is going to have to remain Neutral, which they wont.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watching the scumbag walk up to Rideau hall just now, I couldn't help but notice the grassy knolls in abundance.
Anyone else notice the grassy knolls?

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was listening the the Communist CBC the other day and they had a prominent Native leader from BC on.
He referred to Erin O'Toole as........"what's his name? that bald guy" the CBC Communist laughed and said his name.

Expect this type of behaviour to continue from the Trudeau funded CBC and other Communist media.

Breaking.....5 minutes into the election call I see the media has already decided the Conservatives biggest issue's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s On !

I hope the media remembers their initial question “Why”

I like what I’m hearing from Erin O’Toole

There’s more at stake in this political exercise than meets the eye

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nanos analysis

It is too early to say what will happen, but Nanos eludes to the possibility of the NDP picking up votes if, in his words, "the Conservatives do not do well". It's a television broadcast, after all.

I see Jagmeet's campaign performance as the indicator of whether the Liberals can sprint up the middle again. If support for the NDP increases at the expense of the Conservatives, the Liberals will be smiling. I agree with some Liberals who say that the NDP can't form a government. They are small potatoes.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’d like to think that Canadians realize that the
Libs have demonstrated that they are equally inept !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 338Rules
I’d like to think that Canadians realize that the
Libs have demonstrated that they are equally inept !

CDN voters are equally inept. Most couldn't tell you the difference between a conservative and a liberal outside the liberal name calling playbook.

According to the liberals, any conservative is automatically a racist, a fascist, the far right, a religious extremist, homophobic, gender intolerant, intolerant in general, white privileged, and unfairly wealthy, etc etc etc.

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau says if we pay a carbon tax, we will lower the Earth's temperature and stop these fires from happening. The more we pay, the more good we will do.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673
Trudeau says if we pay a carbon tax, we will lower the Earth's temperature and stop these fires from happening. The more we pay, the more good we will do.

And the amazing thing is a whole bunch of voters believe it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by 673

True , unfortunately .

How fng stupid do you have to be to believe sending more $$$ to the government will change the weather ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

True , unfortunately .

How fng stupid do you have to be to believe sending more $$$ to the government will change the weather ?

I would say that you need intelligence on par with the average Canadian voter. wink

Of course, the rationale is that financial incentive encourages users to find ways to reduce emissions, but the more logical counter-argument is that financial incentives will occur organically, in a much more economically favorable way, via natural market forces as other energy options become more and more viable.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by 673

True , unfortunately .

I would say that you need intelligence on par with the average Canadian voter. wink

Of course, the rationale is that financial incentive encourages users to find ways to reduce emissions, but the more logical counter-argument is that financial incentives will occur organically, in a much more economically favorable way, via natural market forces as other energy options become more and more viable.

True , especially voters east of Manitoba ........

Don't bring logic into the discussion smile

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
WRT Trudeau and the posters here, neither side has presented anything that proves their point about climate change. It resembles a schoolyard argument.

In related news, I thought you might like to see what the various parties are promising.

Here is the Conservative election platform.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-party-election-platform-1.6142319

Here is the NDP platform

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2021/8/12/1_5544176.html

And the Liberal platform.

https://liberal.ca/our-platform/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau mentioned climate change and its relation to the fires in BC, legitimizing his guile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has the momentum shifted ?

It seems that T Socks is defending his own stupidity more than anything else.

I haven’t seen any rhetoric for or against regarding the 1 May 2020 OIC.
Please tell me this nonsense won’t stand up.

This should be as big an issue in our community as the Long gun registry was.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I wonder if there is any momentum yet.

The campaign seems to be much like an old locomotive. It needs to build up steam. Things may not pick up until after the debate. That's the 8th and 9th of September. People are enjoying the summer.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8116054/canada-federal-election-debates/

You can go here for the party promise tracker.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8110202/...promises-made-during-the-2021-campaign//

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a mess.
Trudeau is the so called leader who publicly mocked President Trump to other World leaders. This is the guy some people have chosen to lead their Country.
I believe Jagmeet Singh has a much higher degree of moral culture and frankly, he belongs to the wrong political party.

It seems like Jagmeet's integrity is intact, meanwhile Trudeau's phoniness oozes out of his being.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (222Sako, 22kHornet, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 40 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,253
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.