Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
There is a little over three weeks until the election. The Conservatives moved ahead of the Liberals, but that small lead can quickly vanish. They did not move ahead by gaining support. The Liberals backslid. That's important to understand.

For the optimists, a slow but steady increase for the next three weeks might mean that the Conservatives are back in.

For the pessimists, It's too early to tell and we're doomed anyway. smile

A warning: The Conservative numbers have remained the same for a few days. The Liberals have lost some support and it was picked up by the NDP.

So far, the Conservatives HAVE NOT increased their percentage of support. Nothing has really happened. O'Toole needs to increase the percentage at the expense of the Liberals AND the NDP to get into the House as the sitting government!!
---

Nanos Nightly Tracking
CPC 33.3%,
LPC 30.8%,
NDP 21.7%,

BQ 5.3%,
GPC 4.9%,
PPC 3.8%, CTV News/Globe and Mail/Nanos
- three nights ending August 27
---

Sounds like a man with integrity.

Conservative candidate banishes campaign volunteers who were at Trudeau rally
John Paul Tasker · CBC News

Conservative candidate Kyle Seeback said Saturday some of his campaign volunteers were at the Liberal event shut down by police last night amid a tenuous security situation.

In a media statement, Seeback, the party's candidate in Dufferin–Caledon, said a "few of my supporters attended the protest outside Justin Trudeau's event," and as a result they are "no longer welcome on my campaign."

"My campaign has zero-tolerance for obscenities or threatening behaviour against any candidate," Seeback said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-candidate-trudeau-rally-1.6156959

---

Here's something for the CTs.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Erin O'Toole will gain support during the debate, Trudeau has too many weak area's in my view. O'Toole's French is also exellent and I can hardly wait and see what happens.

Its Jugmeet I am concerned about, for one thing....there is a high number of Sikh's here in BC (they all vote) so there is that.

He is being portrayed as a fellow of extreme family value's, he also has extreme charisma....hope he doesn't do well in the debate, sorry Jagmeet, but its all on the line this time.
Hopefully People will see how destructive the NDP Policies are, pretty sure Jagmeet is going to promise the World.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 673
Erin O'Toole will gain support during the debate, Trudeau has too many weak area's in my view. O'Toole's French is also exellent and I can hardly wait and see what happens.

Its Jugmeet I am concerned about, for one thing....there is a high number of Sikh's here in BC (they all vote) so there is that.

He is being portrayed as a fellow of extreme family value's, he also has extreme charisma....hope he doesn't do well in the debate, sorry Jagmeet, but its all on the line this time.
Hopefully People will see how destructive the NDP Policies are, pretty sure Jagmeet is going to promise the World.

Well-said

If Trudeau wins a majority, Canada is finished

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Skatchewan

No, we are not. It just means that the message was not effectively communicated. You are talking like everything is lost.

Stay positive. Stay on the message. Get out and talk to others about what you think Canada should be. Engage in conversation with young people. Find out what they think. Join the Conservative Party. Attend community or riding association meetings. Be part of the solution.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Everyday Joe: Canadian elections
With the election around the corner, Montreal comedian Joey Elias offers his take on the various campaign promises being made by the different parties.

Everyday Joe

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

Well-said

If Trudeau wins a majority, for some People, Canada is finished.
With zero representation Manitoba west, it does make one wonder what the motivation for illogical gun control measures.

There isn't any crime committed by the legal gun owning Canadian populace at large. So why go after our firearms?
It is far more nefarious than blaming legal gun owners for crimes that simply don't exist.

I think that Trudeau and Jagmeet have the shared goals for Canada, one can only use his imagination to figure out why.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
We desperately need a strong conservative majority. Otherwise the Libs and NDP can just team up and do a non confidence on a conservative minority. If you believe in prayer,now would be the time.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
We desperately need a strong conservative majority. Otherwise the Libs and NDP can just team up and do a non confidence on a conservative minority. If you believe in prayer,now would be the time.

100% agree.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

yep

Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Well-said

If Trudeau wins a majority, for some People, Canada is finished.
With zero representation Manitoba west, it does make one wonder what the motivation for illogical gun control measures.

There isn't any crime committed by the legal gun owning Canadian populace at large. So why go after our firearms?
It is far more nefarious than blaming legal gun owners for crimes that simply don't exist.

I think that Trudeau and Jagmeet have the shared goals for Canada, one can only use his imagination to figure out why.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

That's not the trend right now unfortunately. As I posted earlier, the Conservative numbers have been stagnant at 32-33% for a couple of weeks. Only the Liberals and NDP go up and down, and that's a problem for the Conservatives. The short explanation is that the power base remains with the Liberals and the NDP.

It's important that people get out and chat with their neighbours. Trudeau's misfortunes have to remain front and centre for the rest of the election in order for it to influence the voters on the 20th. It's good to check in with your candidate's office and see what they need done.

Expect a big announcement from the Liberals closer to the debate. They need to shore up support, so Trudeau can do a number of things. He has the power to extend CRB payments, give voters one time "in lieu" payments, and enhance other benefits. Any of these will buy votes for the Liberals.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 673

100% agree.

Exactly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

100% agree.

673;
Good evening my friend, I hope you're all doing okay.

We've got another pretty big fire kicked up on PIB land just south of Penticton. All they'll say is it's human caused which I guess is all they ever do.

Anyways, this isn't for the choir here, but if anyone out there has folks on the fence in this election, Ian Runkle - who in my view is fast becoming a Canadian National Treasure - had this very articulate and measured presentation on the character of our shining prince.

It's worth a look I believe.

Good luck this season to you all up there 673.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The nightly polls are a snapshot of what people are saying on a given day.

Today, the NDP polled lower, giving up a small percentage to the Liberals. The Conservatives are still polling about the same. They have to pick up support from the undecided and the other two parties in order to make a move. The undecided often choose to support a particular party after watching the debate.

It's a little more than a week away until the debate. It's reasonable to expect a carrot from the Liberals the week of the debate.

Conservatives - 33.4%
Liberals - 31.5%
New Democrats - 19.8%

Eric Grenier says in this report that the Conservatives are moving ahead of the Liberals. That's not exactly the case. It is not so much that the Conservatives are gaining. They have only increased their share of decided voters by 1% to 1.5% in two weeks, depending on the poll. It's more that the Liberals are slipping. The question is, where are these former Liberal supporters going? You might be saying, who cares, as long as they keep slipping! That's unlikely. The Liberals can quite easily gain a few percent back. The power still lies with the Liberals and the NDP.

I expect that the Conservative planners are looking for slow and steady. Debate week is almost here and Justin hasn't handed out the goodies yet.

Here is Grenier's read.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1940179523988/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watched the video.
I think it speaks to incompetence of Trudeau and to his entire Government, todays Liberal party is not the Liberal party from before. The depth of the party is concerning.

It is alarming the degree of lies the Liberal party will resort, to get their policies approved by the general public, its embarrassing that people believe his deceitful rhetoric.

The NDP is worse, their supporters must have never made a decision without Government intervention in their life, I think they are looking to create a society of victims.

Meanwhile I see the Conservatives with multi layered experience, good strong and smart Women, I'm confident there, I think we would be in good hands, but gonna be a rough ride.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Liberals are usually smart strategists, but it's not apparent this time. Or at least, it isn't yet.

Elections are won when voters believe that a political party, or its leader, is something special. So far, Trudeau and the party have not shown themselves to be special. It's that simple. People are still asking why the election was called. Was that necessary or even smart? Atlantic Canada, a bastion of Liberal support, may see a few seats go to the Conservatives unless the Liberals can show them the purpose of a pandemic election. Certainly, the rest of Canada is wondering the same thing.

Atlantic Canada's take on the election.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...ada-accused-of-being-unfocused-1.5565674

Here's what many Canadians are saying about the election.

What are Canadians saying about the election?

A shorter than usual campaign has hurt the Liberals so far. They have made some public mistakes, while the Conservatives have managed not to step into poop so far. Their campaign seems better managed than the previous couple.

Angry voters meeting Trudeau's bus, pandemic voting, and fear for what the future will bring are hammering the Liberals from all parts of the country. This momentum must carry through until September 20th, if the Conservatives wish to form the next government.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Special is not on voters list, cost of gas and food will trump all that BS. Electrical costs and heating cost hitting consumers due to carbon tax etc have more effect. Throw on the vacine force on everyone including chlldren if Trudeau and his stupid liberals win, well he has hung himself. Like granny said " keep feeding them rope and eventually they hang themself." When NDP start looking good God help us.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep forgetting the Carbon Tax, how will we cool the Earth without it? What will happen when someone wants the Earth just abit more cooler cause they are too hot?

After we achieve their goal of stopping Climate change, they will remove the Tax, right?
Trudeau says the fires will stop.

If the Government wanted to give Canadians instant relief, they could lower if not remove entirely some of the money grabbing Tax.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not much movement today.

Conservative - 33.5%
Liberal - 31.4%
New Democrat - 20.5%

In other news,

Liberals to release platform on Wednesday amid tightening polls and looming debate
Conservatives have been chiding Trudeau to produce a plan and asking what he's 'hiding'

Liberals will release their full election platform Wednesday, a day ahead of the first televised leadership debate of the summer campaign.

The move comes at a time when polls suggest the Liberals, who entered the campaign eyeing a majority, have ceded ground to the Conservatives.

The CBC's Poll Tracker currently has the Conservatives with a narrow lead after more than two weeks campaigning exclusively on their platform, dubbed "Canada's Recovery Plan."

Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole released his 160-page plan the day after the election was called. Although not yet costed by the Parliamentary Budget Officer (PBO), the plan details billions of dollars in new spending and promises to recover one million jobs within one year.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-platform-2021-election-1.6160235

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Some other election stories.

Erin O'Toole says he'll balance the federal budget 'without cuts'
Conservative leader's assertion echoes Trudeau's 2014 comment that the 'budget will balance itself'

John Paul Tasker · CBC News
---
Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole promised Tuesday to restore the federal government's fiscal balance over the next decade and eliminate the gargantuan federal deficit "without cuts" to public services.

Asked how we could rein in the eye-popping deficit the government has racked up during the COVID-19 pandemic — the federal deficit for this fiscal year alone is expected to be $381.6 billion — O'Toole said economic growth will bring more money to Ottawa in the coming years, and the fiscal house will be brought in order through the resulting new tax revenue.

"We will grow the economy so that we can get back to balance in a responsible and equitable way without cuts. That is our plan," O'Toole said at a campaign event in Ottawa.

The comment is similar to one made by Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau years ago when, as the then third party leader, he was asked just how committed he was to balancing the budget.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otoole-balanced-budget-no-cuts-1.6159859
---
Don't want to vote in person? Here's how to mail in your ballot
Turn your mailbox into a ballot box by following these simple instructions

Tyler Bloomfield · CBC News
---
Getting your special ballot at home or abroad

The first step to avoiding the polls on election day is applying for that special ballot online or at an Elections Canada office. The deadline to apply for this kit, or to get one in person, is Sept. 14.

If you don't have internet access, you can call Elections Canada at 1-800-463-6868 and they can help you find the nearest office to apply for a special ballot in person.

Once your special ballot application is accepted by Elections Canada, you will receive a voting kit. It should include two envelopes and instructions on exactly how to mark your ballot.

Tout ici - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/voting-by-mail-2021-federal-election-1.6143746

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 42 invisible), 1,524 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,238
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.