Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higginez

I have used this stuff in the 3 oz tubes for a number of different jobs. It worked great for my uses and the shelf life of the tubes exceeded any other sealant i ever used.

HR IC

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
3m 4200 or 5200 will do the trick. They are marine grade caulks/adhesive and are hell for strong

A great adhesive but cannot be easily removed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have an honest and sincere question.

NO CRITICISM implied or intended > honestly.

Why did you buy a T 3X LITE... and now are adding a bunch of weight ?

It's none of my business just curious.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
F
fjlee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F

I have an honest and sincere question.

NO CRITICISM implied or intended > honestly.

Why did you buy a T 3X LITE... and now are adding a bunch of weight ?

It's none of my business just curious.

Jerry

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jwall....Jerry.....

I wanted SS and black synthetic. Handling a couple of other model Tikkas in 30-06, I just didn't get the "feel" I wanted.

The T3XX with OEM stock just felt right, except waaay too light. It also looked like it would be easy to make it heavier. I like rifles that tend towards the heavier side. Also like "muzzle heavy".

Price was also OK, and was in stock at Sportsmans Warehouse. I think out of the box, that Tikka weighed 6 lbs. 3 ounces.

I used lead sheeting under the recoil pad, and also more lead on interior of stock. Some "lead wool" packed into the bolt recess.

For "muzzle heavy" I cut the lead sheeting into pieces that fit snuggly in the forearm honeycomb. That way, I could fine tune for the exact muzzle heaviness that I wanted. Held those pieces in place with GE brand BLACK "Silicone 2+"

It was exactly what I was looking for. Adhered to the syn. stock. Easy to work with. Can't remember the exact cure time. Wasn't long tho.

But it's held the weights in place perfectly, thru hot hunts (nilgai) in south TX, and below zero hunts (elk, deer) in Rocky mtns.

Final rifle wt. is about 9 lbs. 4 ounces, with Weaver Grand Slam 3x-12x scope, sling, and 3 cartridges.

It lays on the bags solidly....and holds solid in the hunting fields. I'm 78 years old, and it doesn't bother me to tote this Tikka around all day.

Hope this clarifies why I did it the way I did.

Good shooting to you!!

FjLee in Denver,CO

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

241 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.