Campfire Regular
C
I can't pass up them glazed nuts.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Most of those "mom's basement" fat ass replica sword collector types are never going to shoot a gun, much less enough to need to clean it.

I forgot about mr dungeons and dragons guy..

Good one...👍👍👍😄😄😄

All of em have a big azz brave heart sword for sale.
Or excaliber....

Don't for get the giant three headed dragon handled knife, probably useful if you need to skin a polar bear.

Or the table of old rusty junk reloading gear priced more than new because "patina" .

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The build a custom AR in the show types.
Using the most cheap azz schit possibly they can buy in bulk

1st time Buyer neophyte guy thinks he has something really special for his 1000 bucks.

Got himself a marvin the martain rail gun all peacock proud afterwards with a NC star acog on it....
Next stop over priced ammo guy....

From 400 dollars of total sourced parts cost..

Last edited by renegade50; 09/13/21.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I like the "Let me clean your glasses" dude that shows up at local "gun" shows...

It's just a source of entertainment any more, that and running into guys you know but only see once or twice a year at the show.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sad to say my son is drawn to the sword living in their mom's basement table

He loves knives. When he was younger I would give him $20 to spend at a gun show and he'd always come back with some chinese made rambo looking thing he picked up.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CraigD
I like the "Let me clean your glasses" dude that shows up at local "gun" shows...

It's just a source of entertainment any more, that and running into guys you know but only see once or twice a year at the show.

Ohhh...
The sharpen your knife old guy " who professes such skill in doing with his belt sanding system".
Not a stone to be seen.
Kryptonite.........

Lazy fuggs pay people to sharpen knives....
Who woulda thought....
😄😄😄

Last edited by renegade50; 09/13/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The lady selling purse,s.

Just smile and walk on by......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm sad to say my son is drawn to the sword living in their mom's basement table

He loves knives. When he was younger I would give him $20 to spend at a gun show and he'd always come back with some chinese made rambo looking thing he picked up.

If the seller is wearing chain mail you know the cat is seriously the table to go to.

LOL!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If the seller is wearing chain mail you know the cat is seriously the table to go to.

LOL!!!

heh, yea, or the guy has a neck beard, is 350 pounds and is wearing some shirt with a special ops insignia

no offense Jim C

Last edited by KFWA; 09/13/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

LOL!!!

heh, yea, or the guy has a neck beard, is 350 pounds and is wearing some shirt with a special ops insignia

no offense Jim C

Halo 4 themed operator t shirt.

Them ya hear a buncha of em around the table talking user and team names online.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Saw LRP(m) $9.99/100

Cliff's in Boise is importing primers from Germany and selling them @ $210/thousand.

LGS fifty miles west has them for $75/1000. I have purchased, with the help of wife and kids per purchase restrictions, 6000 SPP in the last month. Primarily Federal Gold Medal Match Magnum small pistol, for 38 Super and 327.

Or, I suppose, in a pinch, 223.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
It’s been years since I bought anything at a gun show, except some brass at a Denver show, pre pandemic. It was a good sale for myself and the seller.
Not sure why I continue to go to them as I see all of the BS described above. But I still go to a couple a year, vs many more in years past.

NRA Patron
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
The guy dressed in skins a la Davy Crockett.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The group of 4 guys who don't speak English, but do speak fluent Mauser, discussing minute details about a rifle for 20 minutes, taking up the whole table.

The guy who comes dressed like a Pilgrim off the Mayflower, whats up with that?

The old timer with the same rifles for sale for a legit ten years. There's a custom barreled 788 I've almost bought 5 or 6 times. I figure with inflation it's getting cheaper and cheaper.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are certain shows around here I won't go to any more due to all the reasons stated above and the fact most of the sellers are real a-holes most of the time...

However, there are a couple shows around here that are much more low key, guys are easy to talk to, and prices are somewhat reasonable and occasionally you can find a gem among the wares. I've found really nice Winchester 69A's for decent prices at several shows the last few years along with a 75 Sporter. Also found a 40X rimfire stripped barreled action for $200 on a table where everything on the table was mostly Rem 700's, Win 70's - Pre 64 and Post 64, and modern shotguns of decent manufacture and all priced very fairly IMO... same show I still kick myself for passing up some great deals on some rifles because I didn't know what they were worth or didn't have the cash at the moment....

But, as said above, most of the shows around here are just for the entertainment value any more- which rules out the big shows where you have to pay $10 to park and $12 to get in and check out all the beanie babies, cheap chinese luggage, glassware, black rifles, and vitamin supplements...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Got himself a marvin the martain rail gun all peacock proud afterwards with a NC star acog on it....
Next stop over priced ammo guy....

Don't forget Barska. The NC Star table always had Barska too.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One thing I see very little of.

Gun cleaning stuff selling types.

Might be 1 or 2 max in a show.

Most times none.

Not needed....
Most people dont clean guns or dont do it worth a fu ck anyways.
That gun cleaning schitt be like Kryptonite to avg bubba,s at gunshows.

😄😄😄

It’s really not necessary. Some people have a life.

You know what they say....”work is for people who don’t know how to fish”

😀

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The ever present 12 tables of Osprey scopes.
Has anyone actually seen anyone buy one of those things????

I haven't yet.....

I have one. Yes, I paid too much for it. It does work and it holds zero and the little light in the middle comes on. I'll keep it until it dies but it will be the last one I buy. There are so many choices out there now I didn't know about back then. But, you are right. No one is standing in line to be the next buyer.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by gunzo
Not even in these confusing times, the gun show hawkers setting up just to have something to do on the weekend has been a regular for years. The only way they are interested in selling is to a sucker, enough profit to pay for a table for the next 3 shows. It's gone on for years.

Sure, there are some serious sellers there, but ya gotta spend lot of time to get to connect with them. I've been to a hundred shows, maybe 200. Seen good & bad. The bad started out weighing anything worth my time & travel.

One local show here, held about every 3 months. After looking at tables for an isle or 2, it seem the vendors had just covered their tables from the last time, nothing had changed.

Different states may not be this way, but the shows in the 3 states I've been to seem the same.

A really good one like Tulsa, I hope, is better.

I've been to 2, in Denver, late 70's. That was enough.

Last edited by las; 09/13/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,622
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.