Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have enough components & ammo to nearly double my retirement fund if I were to intentionally exploit buyers. I cannot do that, would not do that.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget the autistic geek dressed in his Desert Storm-period surplus outfit who periodically sprints down the aisles like he's on a spec-ops mission - never buys anything and doesn't have a table.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If you are that desperate, buy from Gunbroker.
Lower prices, even though still horrible
No gas needed, no entry fee

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This thread has been almost as entertaining as a real gun show. Thank you.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Laugh all you want, one time I passed up a pristine Rem 700 European 243 for $400.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Then there was the 5000 CCI SRPs for $120...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Don't forget the autistic geek dressed in his Desert Storm-period surplus outfit who periodically sprints down the aisles like he's on a spec-ops mission - never buys anything and doesn't have a table.

Carrying a Renegade ML?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Dude with the 5 tables of Chinese knives, including the three headed dragon Rambo knife had a sign up that said “business for sale, inquire within”.
I almost asked.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
jackmountain: Sorry your gunshow appearance was a flop!
My last gunshow I traveled to was so good/interesting that I traveled to it all three days of it (August 27th, 28th and 29th)!
Only 70 miles roundtrip for this one.
But... I bought a MINT condition Ruger 77/22 Magnum heavy barrel for $400.00 cash and a couple hundred in trade items - and it shoots VERY well indeed.
One of my travel partners bought a heavy barrel High Standard Supermatic (IIRC on the model) for $495.00 - and I would have bought that in an instant had he not.
I bought a pair of Nikon 8 power compact binoculars with case for $35.00 and would have paid $65.00!
I bought a Buck Model 105 from the 1970's for $25.00 with sheath.
I bought a Buck mini folder with two blades (Model 309) for $5.00 - I don't think the owner knew it was a Buck?
I bought a Bushnell older gray (the GOOD ones!) window mount for a spotter for $15.00.
I bought an older (preferable) "Black Sheep" simulated sheep skin lining Rifle case for $10.00 (I would have paid $25.00 for this maybe more - these are great cases and VERY protective of the finish on Rifles).
I sold a Navy Camilus knife while there for $120.00 - that I bought at a garage sale for $10.00 (should have kept that one).
I sold a Leupold 3x9 variable power gloss scope for $200.00.
I bought an unused new in the box set of Redfield Jr. rings (3/4"!!!) for $8.00 - and I have an immediate use for these.
I did "bid" on a few items (two guns, a Leupold scope, a Buck knife and a Colt 22 magazine) that I did not acquire - I am NOT disheartened.
Indeed there were items there over-priced but I can NOT wait for the gunshow this coming weekend - I am sure I'll find something to trip my wire there!
In fact I kind of enjoy the naysayers who swear off gunshows - less competition for me!
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50
The old guffer just showing his unobtanium priced rifles.
With a 3x5 card detailed write up on each one.
From show to show to show...

Yeah ,I see these guys at shows , just dying for you to stop and ask a price etc , then they make (or try to ) an ass out of you . I Spot them and just walk past laugh

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
jackmountain: Sorry your gunshow appearance was a flop!
My last gunshow I traveled to was so good/interesting that I traveled to it all three days of it (August 27th, 28th and 29th)!
Only 70 miles roundtrip for this one.
But... I bought a MINT condition Ruger 77/22 Magnum heavy barrel for $400.00 cash and a couple hundred in trade items - and it shoots VERY well indeed.
One of my travel partners bought a heavy barrel High Standard Supermatic (IIRC on the model) for $495.00 - and I would have bought that in an instant had he not.
I bought a pair of Nikon 8 power compact binoculars with case for $35.00 and would have paid $65.00!
I bought a Buck Model 105 from the 1970's for $25.00 with sheath.
I bought a Buck mini folder with two blades (Model 309) for $5.00 - I don't think the owner knew it was a Buck?
I bought a Bushnell older gray (the GOOD ones!) window mount for a spotter for $15.00.
I bought an older (preferable) "Black Sheep" simulated sheep skin lining Rifle case for $10.00 (I would have paid $25.00 for this maybe more - these are great cases and VERY protective of the finish on Rifles).
I sold a Navy Camilus knife while there for $120.00 - that I bought at a garage sale for $10.00 (should have kept that one).
I sold a Leupold 3x9 variable power gloss scope for $200.00.
I bought an unused new in the box set of Redfield Jr. rings (3/4"!!!) for $8.00 - and I have an immediate use for these.
I did "bid" on a few items (two guns, a Leupold scope, a Buck knife and a Colt 22 magazine) that I did not acquire - I am NOT disheartened.
Indeed there were items there over-priced but I can NOT wait for the gunshow this coming weekend - I am sure I'll find something to trip my wire there!
In fact I kind of enjoy the naysayers who swear off gunshows - less competition for me!
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Some good scores!
That High Standard would’ve went home with me too.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Geez, I wish I'd saved my once fired primers, they must be worth a couple bucks each!

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Years ago gunshows were fun, lots of great stuff to look at. I bought quite a bit of ammunition, bought, sold and traded pocketknives, bought and sold a few guns and there was always plenty of decent priced magazines, cleaning stuff, books, etc. These days the prices are outrageous, there's very little that I would be interested in and the entry fees and parking charges have gotten to robbery levels. Boring stuff and high prices equals little interest in going anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jericho
Remington 710s for $499

When I worked in a gun shop the buyer bought a few 710s. We never sold even one, mostly because the gun salesmen refused to show them to buyers. They ended up being door prizes at a club dinner.

First prize was a new 710.
Second prize was two 710s.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gun shows- old junk at new prices.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A gun show I go to most every year is usually a really good one. Lots of great guns I don't see at most shows and some pretty good deals quite often.

I walked up to a table to look at a Winchester 69 and it was pretty rough, so I was about to put it down and I looked at the tag. The price listed on the tag said $2200! I thought the guy had made a mistake and had put too many zeroes on the price listing ( it still would have been way overpriced at $220) so I asked him about it. He said he had seen one at a show in Texas that was priced at that so he figured his was worth that also... and he wouldn't budge even though there were several at the show priced at approximatelu market price.. including a 69A Match Target for $250....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I never understand the vendor who pays for a table, puts his stuff out, sometimes not even priced, then sits there reading a book all day, not even looking up when someone is staring at him wanting to ask a question.
Is he just looking for an excuse to get out of the house?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
H332 8lb jug $660.00
CCI primers $30/100.
Single shot no name 12ga, rough, $350
Colt diamondback, 6”, 22lr, $5,000
100ct mini-mag, $25

Waste of $8 entry fee. Knew better.

Yeah, screw all those stupid fuggs..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim585
I never understand the vendor who pays for a table, puts his stuff out, sometimes not even priced, then sits there reading a book all day, not even looking up when someone is staring at him wanting to ask a question.
Is he just looking for an excuse to get out of the house?

Yes. Escaping a wife and kids for a few hours. The man next to my table last April really enjoyed his Sunday by himself for that very reason.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by renegade50
One thing I see very little of.

Gun cleaning stuff selling types.

Might be 1 or 2 max in a show.

Most times none.

Not needed....
Most people dont clean guns or dont do it worth a fu ck anyways.
That gun cleaning schitt be like Kryptonite to avg bubba,s at gunshows.

😄😄😄

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,049
Posts18,500,964
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.