Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
You`re right...there was an article recently in one of the gun magazines I get..can`t remember which, but 4-5 composite stocks were tested, including the above mentioned, for accuracy etc, using the same barreled action in each, Mag-Pul won.
There are many choices.

Sadly the only thing that proves is the action fit in that stock the best with the least amount of movement and stress on the receiver/barreled action. That doesn't mean it's going to be that way with every rifle. Also a very good reason to glass bed your rifle.. Had the barreled action been properly glass bedded into each stock, there would have been no difference in accuracy between any of them.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My advice, skip the McMillan. Have had some really bad service from them in the past few years. Stocks that were not made properly to my order and sent back more than once to be done correctly. I made the mistake of giving them more than one shot to build stocks for me and unlike so many McMillan fans didn't have a great experience. Long story but I can summarize it by saying their QA sucks and when you call them out on it their customer service was worse.

You want a nice stock and are willing to spend the money, my advice is to buy a Brown Pound'r. 100% opposite experience with Mark than with McMillan. YMMV

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 30338
Have a few and love them all. Ordered almost all directly from McMillan and have had no issues with any of the custom features I requested. My least favorite was the Remington Sporter but probably just me. Classic, Game Scout, A5 have all been great for various purposes. Many of mine required 0 bedding and shot very very well.

This I am interested in. I have a Defiance Deviant and was planning to order a Rem Sporter from McM. What didn't you like about it Kurt? I wanna keep the rifle light and planned on EDGE'ing it!

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last 3 McMillans were delivered in a month and a half....or less!!!

Check to see if Rick is still able to get them....McMillan went through a big turnover in ownership.

Last edited by 300MAG; 09/16/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I only have about a half dozen McMillan stocks. The one directly through McMillan was a terrible long awkward ordering process. They called me back many times for he same into and never got it right. And a terrible stock.

The other ~5, I ordered through Stocky's.
No BS on the phone there. They took care of business. Those stocks were perfect.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.