Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
For what its worth, we have hunted Colorado, Wyoming and Montana in the last ten years. We've had some tremendous trips to each state. We have found a place in central Montana that works well for us. The timeline and seasons works for us, licenses are quite available, its not that far from here, relatively speaking, nice cabin and trespass fee, all in line with expectations. Nothing wrong with any of the states, we just don't need to travel farther, we aren't afraid of the cold or the bears, the elevation is lower which is good for us.

All these things are considerations, you have to decide what is important or not, to you.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by Crusader
Hey there. I posted this over on Rokslide but did not get much in the way of responses . . .

You probably won't ever get any kind of response
there unless you post that you're parking at the
Canadian border and packing into Colorado over
the mountains on foot with all your gear on your
back and carrying no water or food and 3 rounds
of ammunition

What a ridiculous thing to say. You don't need three rounds, save the weight and just pack two.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I got a cow rode my e bike to public land…. A few days back.

217 yard shot with my dads hitler post office Mauser…… his brother gave it to him from WW2, it’s a family deal I guess…..8 x 57 175 grain cup and core. Hand loads.

Left the house just at legal shooting light…..

Was back before the wife finished her first cup of joe.

If I would have held the cross hairs a little more foreword for the walking movement it would have been better.

But it was A Ok in my book. Idaho unit 30 A tag.

This morning I had a herd of them at 30 yards…right on my fence line…….I guess they gotta eat.

Last edited by Angus1895; 09/21/21.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have been exploring this lately. I can get a fully guided 5 day, all inclusive cow elk hunt in NM for $3700. That includes, meals, lodging, licenses, game retrieval and everything other than final meat processing. Figure out how much you'd have to sink into a public land hunt going your own way, then compare prices. The outfitter is very well respected an has excellent reviews. This is a private ranch hunt. I am going to do this if my bud will roger up.

Sounds kind of high for a NM cow but it's five days. Assuming it's got a decent elk population and you have a reasonably good guide, what are you going to do the other four days?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,330
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.