Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
Don't get me wrong, I like being alive, but, truth be told, its nowhere near as much fun as it used to be.

So Uncle A...........how old are you?

Only 68 but in rather failing health

Darn, come next April I guess I'll be old too! Sorry that you're having problems and hope that you can get over them and enjoy the rest of the ride. I'm reminded of the hymn entitled "I Don't Know About Tomorrow". Every day is a gift from God.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hanco
We will never be as young as we are right now!

My dad had a similar saying- - -

“I’m older than I’ve ever been”!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm only 63 and just hitting my prime. Just bought a 40' fishing boat and working on getting it ready for kingfishing this winter. Then off to the Keys and Dry Tortugas in June. The wife and I are planning on taking it up the east coast, through the great lakes and down the Mississippi July through October. The hell with playing shuffleboard.

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Depends on your definition. I have several health issues and feel like hell every day at age 41. My dad is 67 and feeling great.

We just roll the dice I guess

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You youngsters need to get a grip. Life is what you make of it. Can’t walk fast anymore? Buy a Ferrari.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I'm 80 and a recent COVID-19 Delta victim, and yes I was vaccinated because my wife had a life-threatening health issue and needed an operation. She had to be vaccinated before entry to the hospital, so to appease her I also got vaccinated. Back to being old, on a follow-up visit the doc told me at my age I would have been dead had I not been vaccinated, My reply: At my age death is probably not that far away, I have lead a good life, raised four excellent children, not all hunt but all shoot, all well educated, all Republicans and all good Christians. I plan on being back out in the desert calling predators and looking for cottontails once this weather cools down. Regardless of your age don't give up doing what you want or can do and above all don't be afraid of death, it happens to all of us.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What do you some of you older fellas consider to have been the best years of your lives or do you not look at it that way? My grandfather lived to 89. He was in poor health his last few years but up until he was about 83 he golfed several times a week and said that he still felt like a young man until he looked in the mirror and saw an old man looking back.

I’m 44. My late teens to mid 20’s were my most fun/exciting years. I was an adult but basically had the responsibility of a kid. I didn’t make much money but the upside to low paying jobs was I could quit and easily find a new one if I didn’t like it or didn’t like a boss. My only responsibility was a rent payment. My free time was spent with buddies hunting fishing and chasing woman. Life now is less “fun” but I’m at a pretty good place career wise. I have two great kids and two great step kids. I can afford to indulge my hobbies in a way that I couldn’t in my 20’s. My wife and I have our ups and downs but having a wife and family to come home to is something I’m grateful for. I’m the most content that I’ve been and feel like this might be some of my best years overall between family, health, and decent income. I’m in nowhere near in the shape I was at 25 but walked 8 miles this morning chasing grouse behind a dog and can do whatever I want without any real pain. So maybe these are my best years? I’m looking forward to retiring within 15 years and buying a retirement home up North sooner than later. So maybe those will be my best years assuming a lot of years of good health well into retirement but some of that will probably depend on if my kids and eventual grandkids stay in the area or move off out of state and obviously not having health problems.

What is or has been the best years for some of you guy’s and why?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 3,246 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.