Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I voted this afternoon for the advanced poll at the Legion. There were no other voters in front of me. Nice. In and out in less than three minutes. smile

Elections Canada says 1.3 million votes cast on first day of advance polling
Ryan Flanagan - CTV News

TORONTO -- More than one million Canadians voted during the first day of advance polls for the federal election, Elections Canada said Sunday.

The agency reported a preliminary estimate that more than 1.3 million votes were cast on Friday.

Advance polling ran through the weekend, and will continue with a final day on Monday, ending at 9 p.m. local time.

This represents a slight increase over the turnout on the first day of advance polls during the 2019 federal election, the agency said. In total, there were a record 4.7 million votes cast at advance polls in 2019, up from 3.65 million in 2015.

The rest here - https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/fed...n-first-day-of-advance-polling-1.5582488

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I voted today, it took 20 minutes to move 5 voters through, everyone was really pizzed off.
I arrived to a line of maybe 50 People waiting outside. I was only in line for about 5 minutes and this fella came and asked my number, he says ok come with me, so me and 4 others walk right to the front of the line and everyone is really pizzed off.

I just wanted to shout out....this is all Trudeau's fault, but the look on their faces told me they already knew it was his fault.

I felt bad and was quite embarrassed lol, then went in to vote and it took 20 minutes to process 5 voters.
I heard on friday they had to shut the doors and delay voting for an hour to fumigate the place because someone walked in the building without a mask.

I was wondering why all the scrutineers were older than 70, and some more than 80 years old. I was thinking if the Wuhan were around these guys were in the wrong place. I will be curious to see the stats on the age of voters in this years election as I only saw 2 people under 50.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope that opening weekend was rainy for you folks too and you're all doing well.

We went in when the early polls had just opened in the Falls and were in and out in less than 5 minutes. Our daughter and her husband went a couple hours later and said it went smooth and fast as well.

My wife and I had to take my PC into Staples in Penticton - it died after a power outage last week - and when we went past the polling station there it was pretty busy in the parking lot, but I don't know much beyond that.

It's interesting down here there was a candidate for Crown Prince Sparkle Shorts' party, but we've yet to see a single sign for them anywhere.

Other than on CBC radio, there seems to be universal disgust with him in our area, so that's likely why.

Let's hope the rest of our country see it that way and give him an opportunity to get that UN appointment and live in another country - any other country would be fine with me, but honestly I'm not sure other than China who I think deserves him, you know?

All the best this season and have a good week 673.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Excerpts from the Calgary Herald, as well as an excerpt from Jody Wilson-Raybould's book, printed in the Toronto Globe and Mail. Hopefully, this gets a lot of press through to election day. It is obvious now why she had her book released earlier than intended. She wants a piece of Trudeau. Even if this doesn't get enough steam up by election day, it will bite Justin in the ass. The Liberals will not be able the weather this storm. It's likely that the RCMP will have get busy with their investigation too.

It concerns the attempted political interference with the justice system by Justin Trudeau and the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) over the SNC-Lavalin affair. (full explanation here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNC-Lavalin_affair) Wilson-Raybould was the Attorney General at the time.

DPA - deferred prosecution agreement

Chris Selley: Jody Wilson-Raybould offers a ballot question in an election about nothing
At this point in Trudeau's tenure, too many people have 'experienced things differently' — not least the Ethics Commissioner, twice — for him to expect any benefit of the doubt

“(Trudeau) made it clear that everyone in his office was telling the truth (about those interventions) and that I (was) not,” Wilson-Raybould writes of a meeting with the prime minister in a private-jet terminal at Vancouver airport, three days after the Globe first dropped bombshell revelations of the PMO’s interference in the SNC-Lavalin case. “He told me I had not experienced what I said I did. He used the line that would later become public, that I had ‘experienced things differently’. I knew what he was really asking. …I knew he wanted me to lie.”

Pressed by reporters on this account on Saturday in Mississauga, Ont., Trudeau’s answers could only have been convincing to someone with a partisan interest: “I would never do that. I would never ask her that. That is simply not true.”

https://calgaryherald.com/news/poli...ot-question-in-an-election-about-nothing
---
This link takes you to the actual book excerpt. It is shocking that Trudeau would attempt to pressure one of his ministers to lie, and toe the party line. You will find this Globe and Mail excerpt fascinating. The media has to get this out and spread it around. Please read it and let people know.

‘In that moment, I knew he wanted me to lie.’ Jody Wilson-Raybould recalls a tension-filled meeting with Justin Trudeau
JODY WILSON-RAYBOULD - SPECIAL TO THE GLOBE AND MAIL

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...-me-to-lie-jody-wilson-raybould-recalls/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the weekend was a good one for you and your fine family and you're all well.

Thanks for that snippet from the new book by Jody Wilson-Rabould, it should be required reading by all Canadians regardless of whether or not they choose to vote or not.

The chosen line of his that the other people just "experienced it differently" is telling on so very many levels of his narcissistic personality - in my view anyways Steve.

Again I can only pray that enough of our fellow Canadians have had enough of the lies and deceit that are so casually and habitually used.

All the best to you all and good luck on your hunts this season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hi. Not much traction on Wilson-Reybould's accusations. I only see it mentioned in a couple of dailys. It's going to need time to grow.

Here are today's poll numbers. Still neck and neck.

CBC

Liberal - 31.9%
Conservative - 31.3%
New Democrat - 19.3%

Nanos

LIB - 33.2%
CON - 30.2%
NDP - 18.6%

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have spoken to People about the debate, someone pointed out something that I now find disturbing.
The questions were asked by Rosemary Barton, Evan Solomon, and Mercedes Stevenson just two of the folks I remember, but now wonder if there isn't a conflict of interest if the ones asking the questions are working for an entity that is Government funded....

The CBC is not the place to draw on talent that reflects on Canada at large. Too bad they didn't ask the general public for questions. Two I mention are two left leaning Communists that are hard to listen to, and frankly... look at.

In a follow up, I saw Rosemary Barton grill Erin O'Toole the other night and she was opining on guns...wtf does she know about guns? Has she ever lived on a farm, hunted, shot for sport, trap?.....if not then she should of kept her mouth shut.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The media is pulling out all the stops for Trudeau LOL, they have decided that climate change needs to be front and center... phoney and fake, defund the CBC and this will be diminished greatly.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The media says you guys are in love with Trudeau, why?

It shows a massive divide in this Country that can only be resolved through a divorce. Lets face it, we are miles apart, there was zero support for the Liberals Manitoba west, zero. Yet, we are under constant threat of gun control coming from the east, economic control, mind control are not far behind.

Just wait until you folks get a full dose of the land claims coming to an area near you, it will come in the form of Court actions, it already has begun to unfold in Ontario.

First you will get UNDRIP, Trudeau promised that, thats a gift for you too, not just BC, enjoy. UNDRIP, no big deal?
Its no big deal sitting on the shelf, but becomes a massive deal when the Court starts using the document for rulings and begin building case law around it.

We have Quebec who puts itself and its interests above the rest of the Country, they hate guns, pure and simple.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well, unless voters surprise the media and the pollsters, it looks like another minority Liberal government.

The thing that upsets me about this is the colossal waste of time and money that was spent on an unnecessary election. The Liberals and their supporters didn't seem to mind spending over $600 million during a pandemic. I guess they don't think of it as their money, so it doesn't affect them. The best reason for tossing the Liberals isn't their politics, but rather, their irresponsible, needless expenditure of tax dollars.

So, what has changed since last month? Nothing. The pandemic still rages and the Liberals continue to burn through your money because, hey, it's not theirs.

This is how the Nanos and CBC polls stack up today, Thursday, 16 September, 2021.

Nanos

Liberal - 31.9%
Conservative - 30.3%
NDP - 21.2

CBC

Liberal - 31.7%
Conservative - 31.2%
New Democrat - 20.1%

---

There are 338 seats in Parliament. 170 are needed to form a majority. If the polls are accurate, the distribution will be as follows:

Liberal - 150
Conservative - 120
New Democrat - 38
Bloc Québécois - 29
Green - 1

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The media are trying to tie O'Toole to Kenney's massive failure today, it's a full court press. If there's one thing that will get Liberal voters out, it's their hatred of AB.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I doubt Trudeau will get a majority. All I see is a party that’s lost touch with Canadians. Trudeau’s sunny ways have become dreary days. Sadly, O’Toole’s team hasn’t done any better.

I am disappointed with Canada’s citizens. They seem to be turning a blind eye to the Liberal lies and failed promises. I would have thought that more of the left leaning people would have embraced the Greens or the NDP. That hasn’t happened either.

I have read about 1/3 of Wilson-Reybould’s book. I hope that as more people read it that Trudeau’s two faced nature will be exposed.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it's always a serious problem, according to psychologists.

Sounds like our PM has mastered this technique.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy
The media are trying to tie O'Toole to Kenney's massive failure today, it's a full court press. If there's one thing that will get Liberal voters out, it's their hatred of AB.

I was listening to that today too. Then all I hear is climate change and how Trudeau has the best plan...media scum.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by PSE
Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it's always a serious problem, according to psychologists.

Sounds like our PM has mastered this technique.

You are probably giving Trudeau more credit than he deserves. I think it's his handlers who have the smarts.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I wonder if the Liberals called an election, knowing that they would be returned with another minority government? It effectively winds back the clock, giving them a couple more years in power, with little chance of being challenged.

They would still have to partner with the NDP, but that's been working - especially with the pandemic. They neuter the Conservatives too.

After Monday, the Conservatives and the NDP will be less likely to say no to any Liberal bills. Doing so would result in a non-confidence vote and trigger another election. OToole and the Conservatives would be seen as the bad guys in the eyes of the public. The Liberals would use that in the media.

Despite what the anti-vaxxers might say, they are the best supporters the Liberals have. As long as the pandemic continues, the Liberals stay in control. Refusing to be innoculated means COVID stays alive and that makes the coronavirus their friend.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two Years is a long time for a minority govt to survive.

People who hopped on the CERB / EI train will soon be disembarking,
and the publication schedule for Jody Wilson Reybold’s book was known.

The election schedule was dictated by these factors

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I think his ego is far too big to want to govern with a minority. He's been elected with a majority in the past and and to him that's the natural order of things. Once having tasted real power, nothing else is palatable.

If the Liberals only come out with a minority (and it looks likely) I would think he would consider moving on, perhaps to a U.N. position of some sort representing Canada on the world stage. It would be seen to be a graceful exit.

If the Conservatives win a bare minority, a non confidence motion at the earliest opportunity is more likely since the NDP have said in the past that a Conservative government is too different from their value system and to cooperate with it would be difficult.

Interesting times ahead!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
It could be that calling the election was an attempt to reset the clock. The pandemic has also been a big help.

Wilson-Reybould moved up the publication date because of the election. It would have been more effective had it come out sooner, but book publications progress on a schedule.

I have the Kindle version and am about 1/3 of the way through. She is less than kind about Trudeau and the party. She got snookered, and I think she is upset with herself about that. Certainly, she has a vengeful streak directed at both Trudeau and the party.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I would like to know how Canada can help with global warming even if it was real. India and China have so many people you guys up north wouldn’t even make a blip on a graph. Edk

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,447
Posts18,470,977
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.