Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
picked up a used one this am. anyone every play with one?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I quit buying Kimber 1911's after a couple bad experiences with them. I have owned three, my first was an early 5" steel frame gun that was excellent. The last two were 4" guns and they both had issues, one was totally screwed up. I don't roll the dice with Kimber now since there are so many other manufacturers that produce a decent product.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
since I am not a professional, I don't know if I can have a 'Master Carry Pro'. Might be too much for me.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never had any issues with any Kimbers that I've had but I always disassemble them when I get them & clean everything up that might need a little TLC. I also always change the firing pin to negate the FPS system.

The Master Carry Pro is just a round butt version, otherwise the same as any other Pro version.

I have a standard butt TLE II Pro (Steel frame) & it's been absolutely 100% perfect in function, as in zero malfunctions in around 500 rounds.

Good luck with the one you got.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
picked up a used one this am. anyone every play with one?

I carried the Commander Version of that Model for quite a while when they first came out.
Never had a issue one with it. Accurate, Reliable, fed everything.
Let a good friend have it that liked it even more than I did.
Still has it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I read the reviews on Kimbers, most were bad, I didn’t believe them, bought one, and I’ll never own another. Absolute junk. I have one for sale if you want a jam-o-matic……

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
this isnt my first Kimber 1911, in fact none of the others that I have had ever gave me any problems. they fed hp ammo and ball just fine and were more than accurate enough. his si the commander length we shal see how long this one stays

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MOGC
I quit buying Kimber 1911's after a couple bad experiences with them. I have owned three, my first was an early 5" steel frame gun that was excellent. The last two were 4" guns and they both had issues, one was totally screwed up. I don't roll the dice with Kimber now since there are so many other manufacturers that produce a decent product.

So how does that answer the OP's question?
You just can't wait to dump on Kimber? If we were talking pickup trucks you'd jump in about your bad experience with Kimber.

Last edited by dla; 09/18/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
this isnt my first Kimber 1911, in fact none of the others that I have had ever gave me any problems. they fed hp ammo and ball just fine and were more than accurate enough. his si the commander length we shal see how long this one stays

If you have any problems, but really like the gun, let me know...............we can probably get it resolved if you are willing to work with it a little bit. For starters, take the slide off & see how the extractor holds an empty & a loaded round. Should hold it such that some modest shaking / light striking against your palm will keep the round in place.

I'd also surely suggest that you throw away any Kimber mags that you have & run only Wilson 47D's in an 8 rounder (or the 7 rounder) or the Tripp Research 7 round Cobra Mag.

Both of those are generally perfect in any 1911...................most of the Kimbers are schitt to the point where I just throw them in a pile & test them if I'm looking for something to do.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by MOGC

So how does that answer the OP's question?
You just can't wait to dump on Kimber? If we were talking pickup trucks you'd jump in about your bad experience with Kimber.

You are right... to include your reply to me. Good to see the self appointed forum watchdog on the prowl, saving us all from unnecessary discussion and conversation.

Mr. OP the closest I can come to your Master Carry Pro is the Tactical Pro I owned. It shot a full 24" low at 25 yards with 230 gr. ball ammo. It had the wrong front sight on it from the factory. The extractor was Kimber's poorly executed attempt at an external extractor. What a screwed up mousetrap of tiny plastic parts and springs that thing was. It always had extraction issues, thankfully Kimber dumped that and went back to an internal design. Just under 800 rounds the MIM magazine catch broke. I was firing the gun and suddenly the magazine fell out and I could feel something in my hands, sorta like sand. The mag catch was in several pieces along with some fine dusty looking material. I replaced that with an Ed Brown tool steel part. The rear tritium sight went out within a year of purchase. I felt good if I could run 100 rounds of FMJ through the gun with no hangups. This particular gun was so bad I knew it was a true lemon and couldn't be a representation of the quality of 1911 Kimber was producing.

So I tried a steel frame 4" gun. After all, the 5" steel frame I had owned previously had been a very good gun, accurate and reliable. The new 4" steel frame gun was better overall than the Tactical Pro had been but it never fed reliably enough for me to trust it. I couldn't trust it like a Glock, Sig P226, CZ75, S&W 3rd Gen .45, or my old Colt Gov't 1911. I grew weary of fiddling with it and it went down the road.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.