Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by Hastings
If I shoot a domestic animal it will be a beef animal that is too smart to corral. Range beef is at least as good as deer. I just don't get hunting fenced in animals. To each his own I guess.
Whitetail hunting has been a passion since I first stepped foot into the woods. I literally have dreams all the time about big typical whitetail bucks that I would be EXTREMELY lucky to see from a tree stand. I don't own hunting property and probably never will. It's the awesome trophy I am after. Either way, I will eat everything I shoot, inside or outside of a fence.
Do you get it now?
Not really, but as I said ''to each his own''. It isn't hunting to shoot domestic animals.
You think I don't understand that? I've hunted in the open/wild for 30+ years. Like I said, I know the difference. There's people who hunt inside of a fence and think they're the best hunters around. I'm not one of those people. I didn't start this thread for people's opinions about what I'm doing. I'm well aware. I was literally asking WHERE is the best place to do it.
You're right, none of my business.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I really don’t get it but to each his own. If you really are looking for a nice rack that was actually hunted not just killed I agree on Texas.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Shoot a pm to sharp_things he’ll get ya pointed in the right direction for sure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Personally I would take that money( because those deer aren’t cheap) and head to Texas. I hunt a low fence ranch down there for pigs and other critters that has some huge bucks( personally watched 160-170” bucks walking around). It may be a little more but then you have the hunt and the adventure of a trip to Texas. As an added bonus the food down there is pretty good too!

MM

P.s and he might throw in a few pigs or varmints you can shoot.

For the money value, I agree with MM. Texas has a lot of great options either high or low fence with really good odds of success. And the food down there is also a bonus like he said!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dude….you come to the fire ypu’re gonna get opinions whether you like it or not!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 09/20/21.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here ya go - save yourself a pile of money and get the pose you want. sleep

The taxidermy store

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This thread is a joke right????
🥴🥴🥴🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think there is a place around Lykens PA that has canned hunts. Also a place in Tioga PA. I'm not sure if the place in Tioga has whitetail deer but they have exotics. You can drive through the place in Tioga and see the animals from the road. Not my cup of tea but if you just want some big antlers, it would fit the bill with a minimum of effort.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SKane
Here ya go - save yourself a pile of money and get the pose you want. sleep

The taxidermy store

Lol. No

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
This thread is a joke right????
🥴🥴🥴🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

You can never tell.

I've got the antlers from a ten point Buck I my shop. The deer was huge, the rack not so much. I got him with a super Blackhawk 44mag in drizzling rain where he was bedded in the woods.

It's more of a trophy to me than any deer I sniped from my climbing stand, and I can't fathom hunting a fenced "ranch."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just curious. What would a 150 plus whitetail buck cost on a canned hunt.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Many years ago we shot meat hogs at the Wilderness Ranch in Everett PA. www.thewildernesspa.com It was the least expensive place to shoot hogs within driving distance of where we live. They had just built a new lodge there at the time and the place was very nice. IIRC it was in a remote location off the beaten trail.

Several local guys were there taking goats of one sort or another. The lodge had many very impressive whitetail racks laying around. The owner claimed to be breeding the giant bucks but he may have just bought the deer because I didn't see any whitetails when I was there. They did have elk walking around which was kind of amusing.

I do remember the guy telling us how much it cost to take one of the big bucks. It was eye opening for a guy with limited resources. Each year I see the same guy at a booth in the Harrisburg outdoor show. For what you are looking for, in the area, the Wilderness Ranch may fit the bill.

Last edited by Charlie-NY; 09/20/21.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Dude….you come to the fire ypu’re gonna get opinions whether you like it or not!!

Captain Corn Feeder chiming in on someone that wants to shoot one inside a fence.

LOL

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
West By Golly Virginia has quite a few[WV is regionally close to your specs]
Here is one:
https://www.dreammountainranch.com/home

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quick Googling revealed this spot in Jersey...looks like it might be what you're after.

https://www.alstedefarms.com/alstede-farms-animal-friends/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not going to rag on you about what you want to do, however you may want to consider one of the operations that run actual hunts in areas with lots of good genetics and good food that produce big bucks naturally. Those are real hunts for wild deer that run much larger than usual. My cousin has taken two or three real busters in OH like that. You’ll be put in a stand overlooking a crop field or food plot where your chances at a boomer are very good. At least check into those and compare prices with the corral hunts.

His last was taken at 12 yards with a borrowed .450 from a ground blind.

Many place like that also include a meat doe or two in the package.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Quick Googling revealed this spot in Jersey...looks like it might be what you're after.

https://www.alstedefarms.com/alstede-farms-animal-friends/

You're a funnyman

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’d shoot one of those goats tho

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
why would anyone ever ask a question here? Whoops, I just did. lol

Sam......

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.