Home
Tired of shooting basket racks and nothing worth mounting. Looking to pay to do my first guided hunt and shoot a really nice typical wall hanger this season.

Does anyone here have first hand experience with ranches in this general area? What are some of the best ones?
Some Mennonites close by in Kintucky will let you poke your barrel thru the wire and pop one.
Just buy one off Ebay and tell people you shot it fair chase with a recurve.
To each their own. Personally I’d rather put the basket rack antlers of a deer I shot on my own on my wall over a monster shot on a ranch.
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Just buy one off Ebay and tell people you shot it fair chase with a recurve.

Or just do this LOL
BLANK BLANK BLANK a bag of dïcks.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
To each their own. Personally I’d rather put the basket rack antlers of a deer I shot on my own on my wall over a monster shot on a ranch.

+1
Ohio has some big ones. Also Kentucky and Illinois. Might need a new gun for a couple of those.

I’m happy with scrags close to home. Might pay to hunt big ones on a farm, but zero interest in any sort of fenced deal.
Congratulations!

You’re ready for Texas!
theres a place in bedford county call the wilderness. you can drive right up and pick your monster buck out from the parking lot. it will be mingling around with the monster elk. i personally would rather ass shoot a dink and drag it a mile but to each his own.
Is a ranch in NJ or PA even a thing?

Are you inquiring about a preserve?

Already have a wall with a bunch of those. Boring to look at
Where did those younger bucks come from? Private or public land?
I see we got the usual sarcastic bunch who can't seriously answer a question. Sheesh
Originally Posted by slumlord

Public
Originally Posted by SKane

Ranch, preserve. Whatever they want to call it. A place that does whitetail hunts where you can literally pick the one you want to shoot.
Originally Posted by Mach3

Public

I gotcha. Makes sense

Ranch, preserve. Whatever they want to call it. A place that does whitetail hunts where you can literally pick the one you want to shoot.

Gotchya. Good luck with your canned hunt search.

Thanks. I realize it's canned and not a real hunt. I know the difference. Been doing it free range for too long to be disappointed this long. Getting tired of it after all the time and effort I put into it. I'll still gladly shoot for meat outside of a fence, though.
Here's a place in West Edmeston, NY I've heard of. I don't know anything about them other than I've seen their advertisements locally.
https://www.wildwesttrophyhunts.com/
gsellswhitetails.com
If I shoot a domestic animal it will be a beef animal that is too smart to corral. Range beef is at least as good as deer. I just don't get hunting fenced in animals. To each his own I guess.

Thanks. I realize it's canned and not a real hunt. I know the difference. Been doing it free range for too long to be disappointed this long. Getting tired of it after all the time and effort I put into it. I'll still gladly shoot for meat outside of a fence, though.

I gotta ask….Will you derive any “satisfaction” shooting what amounts to livestock? If it’s legal, do as you please as far as I’m concerned. I’m just not sure this will alleviate your “disappointment”. Will you feel good looking at a rack you know you didn’t really earn?

Not judging. Truly curious.

Dave
Originally Posted by Hastings
If I shoot a domestic animal it will be a beef animal that is too smart to corral. Range beef is at least as good as deer. I just don't get hunting fenced in animals. To each his own I guess.

Whitetail hunting has been a passion since I first stepped foot into the woods. I literally have dreams all the time about big typical whitetail bucks that I would be EXTREMELY lucky to see from a tree stand. I don't own hunting property and probably never will. It's the awesome trophy I am after. Either way, I will eat everything I shoot, inside or outside of a fence.

Do you get it now?

Whitetail hunting has been a passion since I first stepped foot into the woods. I literally have dreams all the time about big typical whitetail bucks that I would be EXTREMELY lucky to see from a tree stand. I don't own hunting property and probably never will. It's the awesome trophy I am after. Either way, I will eat everything I shoot, inside or outside of a fence.

Do you get it now?

Honestly……….no.
^^^THIS^^^
Originally Posted by iddave

I gotta ask….Will you derive any “satisfaction” shooting what amounts to livestock? If it’s legal, do as you please as far as I’m concerned. I’m just not sure this will alleviate your “disappointment”. Will you feel good looking at a rack you know you didn’t really earn?

Not judging. Truly curious.

Dave

Yes and no. I've talked to a few guys who did guided hunts. It's nice knowing the deer are available, but they say it's not any easier trying to get close enough to the deer to make a good shot. I'm sure it would be a great experience no matter what.
At least you have an understanding about what you’re seeking for a shooting experience.

I’ve seen some really spectacular mounts of animals taken off of fenced hunting land.

The story of the shoots, always diminish the mount for me.

YMMV

🦫
We also have people that go to N. Dakota and pay to shoot domestic bison at great expense. I had just as soon shoot Hereford steer. Can't tell the meat apart. As to the original poster, why not hold your fire on those smaller bucks and see what else comes trailing in. One day I was after a good ten point I had pictures of. I let a good six point go by that was trailing a doe flagging her tail, next came two more doe followed soon by a pretty fair 8 point , then right before dark the ten point showed up on the trail. He caught a .30-06 bullet.
After spending 25 years owning and hunting some of the best property in SE Iowa, and then retiring down south, I see where you are coming from. I lost the Trophy Whitetail craze some years ago and I went at it as hard as anyone. Now I shoot dinks and does for the freezer. A buddy of mine raises deer in Indiana and supplies a few places in Ohio with his deer. 2 good preserves are Rocky Fork Whitetails and Starkey Hollow in Ohio. As far as these guys talking about " what Satisfaction will you get from shooting a pen raised deer". Getting a raging hard on and pounding the hell out of some babe, that's Satisfaction. Get your checkbook out and go blast one.
Definitely not my thing, but look up Tioga Boar Hunting.
I used to deer hunt right up the road from that operation. No first-hand knowledge about it, tho, you're on your own.
It's in Tioga county, PA.
http://questhavenlodge.com/pricing.html

Do you get it now?

Yes, to answer directly your question, troll. Congrats on your managing to guthook as many fish on your first pass as you were able to. Sad, really, on both ends.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Do you get it now?

Yes, to answer directly your question, troll. Congrats on your managing to guthook as many fish on your first pass as you were able to. Sad, really, on both ends.

GFY. It's azzholes like you who don't need to chime in.
Ranch?Ranch? My ass! You won’t find a ranch except west of the river!!

I’d just as soon drive over to my neighbors and shoot one of his f ucking bulls! Course at damn near 82 according to the norm today I’m just an old s umbitch out of touch with the real word so just consider I don’t know s hit from shineola and go poke ya barrel through the fence! We were once a Nation of Riflemen…. Now we’re just a nation of idiots and puzzies!!

Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Ranch?Ranch? My ass! You won’t find a ranch except west of the river!!

Again
Personally I would take that money( because those deer aren’t cheap) and head to Texas. I hunt a low fence ranch down there for pigs and other critters that has some huge bucks( personally watched 160-170” bucks walking around). It may be a little more but then you have the hunt and the adventure of a trip to Texas. As an added bonus the food down there is pretty good too!

MM

P.s and he might throw in a few pigs or varmints you can shoot.
Theres a place.in IN that has big bucks to shoot.
During deer season saw a 170 class bedded by the road so stopped my Jeep and got out. He just sat there, 20 yards away.

Got back.in and drove down and saw 3 bucks of 150.class
Standing around the corner at 50 yards.
When I got out they looked annoyed and walked slowly away.

Theyre livestock IMHO.

His prices used to be way higher IMHO. Not sure how the market has changed but looks like things a bit cheaper nowadays.

Dont care what people do if legal. No sport in what I saw.
Have the money now.......and I still wont do it.

What does burn me is people shooting high fence deer and then claiming them free range. Hate a MF liar.

Do you get it now?

Not really, but as I said ''to each his own''. It isn't hunting to shoot domestic animals.

Do you get it now?

Not really, but as I said ''to each his own''. It isn't hunting to shoot domestic animals.

You think I don't understand that? I've hunted in the open/wild for 30+ years. Like I said, I know the difference. There's people who hunt inside of a fence and think they're the best hunters around. I'm not one of those people. I didn't start this thread for people's opinions about what I'm doing. I'm well aware. I was literally asking WHERE is the best place to do it.
Do you get it now?
You think I don't understand that? I've hunted in the open/wild for 30+ years. Like I said, I know the difference. There's people who hunt inside of a fence and think they're the best hunters around. I'm not one of those people. I didn't start this thread for people's opinions about what I'm doing. I'm well aware. I was literally asking WHERE is the best place to do it.
You're right, none of my business.
I really don’t get it but to each his own. If you really are looking for a nice rack that was actually hunted not just killed I agree on Texas.
Shoot a pm to sharp_things he’ll get ya pointed in the right direction for sure.
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Personally I would take that money( because those deer aren’t cheap) and head to Texas. I hunt a low fence ranch down there for pigs and other critters that has some huge bucks( personally watched 160-170” bucks walking around). It may be a little more but then you have the hunt and the adventure of a trip to Texas. As an added bonus the food down there is pretty good too!

MM

P.s and he might throw in a few pigs or varmints you can shoot.

For the money value, I agree with MM. Texas has a lot of great options either high or low fence with really good odds of success. And the food down there is also a bonus like he said!
Dude….you come to the fire ypu’re gonna get opinions whether you like it or not!!
Here ya go - save yourself a pile of money and get the pose you want. sleep

The taxidermy store

This thread is a joke right????
🥴🥴🥴🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣
I think there is a place around Lykens PA that has canned hunts. Also a place in Tioga PA. I'm not sure if the place in Tioga has whitetail deer but they have exotics. You can drive through the place in Tioga and see the animals from the road. Not my cup of tea but if you just want some big antlers, it would fit the bill with a minimum of effort.
Here ya go - save yourself a pile of money and get the pose you want. sleep

The taxidermy store

Lol. No
Originally Posted by renegade50
This thread is a joke right????
🥴🥴🥴🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

You can never tell.

I've got the antlers from a ten point Buck I my shop. The deer was huge, the rack not so much. I got him with a super Blackhawk 44mag in drizzling rain where he was bedded in the woods.

It's more of a trophy to me than any deer I sniped from my climbing stand, and I can't fathom hunting a fenced "ranch."
Just curious. What would a 150 plus whitetail buck cost on a canned hunt.
Many years ago we shot meat hogs at the Wilderness Ranch in Everett PA. www.thewildernesspa.com It was the least expensive place to shoot hogs within driving distance of where we live. They had just built a new lodge there at the time and the place was very nice. IIRC it was in a remote location off the beaten trail.

Several local guys were there taking goats of one sort or another. The lodge had many very impressive whitetail racks laying around. The owner claimed to be breeding the giant bucks but he may have just bought the deer because I didn't see any whitetails when I was there. They did have elk walking around which was kind of amusing.

I do remember the guy telling us how much it cost to take one of the big bucks. It was eye opening for a guy with limited resources. Each year I see the same guy at a booth in the Harrisburg outdoor show. For what you are looking for, in the area, the Wilderness Ranch may fit the bill.
https://xfactorwhitetails.com/pricing/
Dude….you come to the fire ypu’re gonna get opinions whether you like it or not!!

Captain Corn Feeder chiming in on someone that wants to shoot one inside a fence.

LOL
West By Golly Virginia has quite a few[WV is regionally close to your specs]
Here is one:
https://www.dreammountainranch.com/home
Quick Googling revealed this spot in Jersey...looks like it might be what you're after.

https://www.alstedefarms.com/alstede-farms-animal-friends/
Not going to rag on you about what you want to do, however you may want to consider one of the operations that run actual hunts in areas with lots of good genetics and good food that produce big bucks naturally. Those are real hunts for wild deer that run much larger than usual. My cousin has taken two or three real busters in OH like that. You’ll be put in a stand overlooking a crop field or food plot where your chances at a boomer are very good. At least check into those and compare prices with the corral hunts.

His last was taken at 12 yards with a borrowed .450 from a ground blind.

Many place like that also include a meat doe or two in the package.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Quick Googling revealed this spot in Jersey...looks like it might be what you're after.

You're a funnyman
I’d shoot one of those goats tho
why would anyone ever ask a question here? Whoops, I just did. lol
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
why would anyone ever ask a question here? Whoops, I just did. lol

Lol. I asked a question about shooting deer in the "Hunter's Campfire" section. You'd think I'd get more knowledgeable answers than what I did. Just a bunch of dudes trying push their egos behind a keyboard. Should have expected it. Whoops.

You fugger !

Coffee meet iPad

🖕🏾😂🦫
Some of The local guys around here guide on this "preserve"
https://www.cherryridgewhitetails.com/

The other preserve in our area was [bleep] down due to cwd..

My opinion.... pay for a Texas hunt. Shoot a few hogs while you're there too. But that's me
As many have noted, TX is the answer you seek. Low fence or high, you’ll find it along with hogs and perhaps exotics. Just be warned: TX is addictive. My brothers and I have made the trip for years with our sons. I actually enjoy bow hunting hogs as much as, if not more than deer.
Originally Posted by elkaddict
As many have noted, TX is the answer you seek. Low fence or high, you’ll find it along with hogs and perhaps exotics. Just be warned: TX is addictive. My brothers and I have made the trip for years with our sons. I actually enjoy bow hunting hogs as much as, if not more than deer.
Hogs are smarter than deer and much quicker to react to human scent.
Now you fuggers have me thinking about planning a trip to Texas. Thanks I guess.
Make sure the "ranch has them stump broke" before giving your deposit! Never experienced ranch hunting in the east, must be really exciting.
If you're serious, and not just trolling, why not try TX or some other state with good numbers of large whitetail "trophies" and book a guided hunt?

Check out success rates, get contacts for previous clients, and have an actual hunt. You mentioned having caught the bug early in life. Did the bug evolve into just wanting a large rack on the wall because your others are too small and now "boring" (I think that's your word)?

Personally, I certainly can't see it..................................

but to each their own I guess.
Does it have to be PA?

I have to think paying a guide on public or private land, even on a “low fence” type place would get you close to what you’re looking for. A real “trophy” buck at preserve is going to cost you a metric schit ton.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
If you're serious, and not just trolling, why not try TX or some other state with good numbers of large whitetail "trophies" and book a guided hunt?

Check out success rates, get contacts for previous clients, and have an actual hunt. You mentioned having caught the bug early in life. Did the bug evolve into just wanting a large rack on the wall because your others are too small and now "boring" (I think that's your word)?

Personally, I certainly can't see it..................................

but to each their own I guess.

Basically yes, I want a great opportunity with a very high success percentage to kill a great buck. It doesn't HAVE to be in a fence.
Now you fuggers have me thinking about planning a trip to Texas. Thanks I guess.

There's hope for you yet. laugh laugh

Basically yes, I want a great opportunity with a very high success percentage to kill a great buck. It doesn't HAVE to be in a fence.

Don’t short yourself...
I caribou hunted the mulchatna herd b4 most heard of it.
I hunted the Gila for elk , drew a license the first try, b4 the rags wrote it up.
I hunted the Yellowstone River for whitetail b4 realtree got going.....

Every hunt in my life has been experience over inches.
I killed some good ones, nothing jaw dropping, but every experience surpassed bone inches.

If you let yourself get caught up in chasing inches, you will always be unsatisfied.

I did work for a man that owned a forge. He went on a “preserve hunt” for elk. He had that bull up on his wall. The “hunt” he told made that average bull even less.

No horse bells ringing in the cool mountain air. No elk bugles echoing at night. No sparks off the horses hoofs riding in, in the am...... my 5x4 Wyoming wilderness bull punked his bull’s memory.

I spoke with one of the most respected brokers of whitetail hunts in Texas. He made a hunt there sound like ordering a hamburger. Plain burger (130”) =x burger with lettuce ( 140”) =x+ burger lettuce tomato (150”) x++

You get the point.....

Don’t sell yourself short. Anything that means anything doesn’t come easy. And it shouldn’t. Book a trip to Alberta.
Or Saskatchewan, or the milk river.... and if you fail, you failed at something......

My .02
Worth what you paid for it.
Originally Posted by JeffP

Don’t short yourself...
I hunted the Gila for elk , drew a license the first try, b4 the rags wrote it up.

I killed some good ones, nothing jaw dropping, but every experience surpassed bone inches.

If you let yourself get caught up in chasing inches, you will always be unsatisfied.

I did work for a man that owned a forge. He went on a “preserve hunt” for elk. He had that bull up on his wall. The “hunt” he told made that average bull even less.

No horse bells ringing in the cool mountain air. No elk bugles echoing at night. No sparks off the horses hoofs riding in, in the am...... my 5x4 Wyoming wilderness bull punked his bull’s memory.

I spoke with one of the most respected brokers of whitetail hunts in Texas. He made a hunt there sound like ordering a hamburger. Plain burger (130”) =x burger with lettuce ( 140”) =x+ burger lettuce tomato (150”) x++

You get the point.....

Don’t sell yourself short. Anything that means anything doesn’t come easy. And it shouldn’t. Book a trip to Alberta.
Or Saskatchewan, or the milk river.... and if you fail, you failed at something......

My .02

Great post!!!

While most Texans won't admit it, too often hunting in Texas is like going to a whore house.

JeffP, BULLSCHITT, Rio7
Not my cup of tea but....there's a place near me but I've never seen his advertisement, I'll see what I can find out. Cherry Ridge is close-by but I think it's closed this year. Pick up a copy of PA Outdoor News. IIRC, there are ads in it.
Originally Posted by RIO7

JeffP, BULLSCHITT, Rio7

Ok
If you say so.....
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by JeffP

Don’t short yourself...

You get the point.....

My .02

Great post!!!

While most Texans won't admit it, too often hunting in Texas is like going to a whore house.

What?

They got them corn feeders in the whore houses there?
Texans don’t hunt. They just shoot a stationary deer munching on corn
VFNP
but they never have much meat.
Tired of shooting basket racks and nothing worth mounting. Looking to pay to do my first guided hunt and shoot a really nice typical wall hanger this season.

Does anyone here have first hand experience with ranches in this general area? What are some of the best ones?

High fence ?????????

iffin UR young enoungh

start applying in Utah for Henry Mtn's......

decent bucks to be had.....18 years to wait

I would take no pleasure or pride from shooting a deer in a pen or from a feeder or bait pile.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I would take no pleasure or pride from shooting a deer in a pen or from a feeder or bait pile.

nor I.........
Originally Posted by kingston

What?

They got them corn feeders in the whore houses there?

I reckon they're for stopping up all those gaping cornholes.
I've seen what passes for "racks" in Pennsylvania -- the genetics have been completely shot out, honestly. I'm not about to judge anyone who has a wallful of dinks, no matter how tasty they may be.
Then it becomes a matter of what choices are available, fiscal and ethical, and again, that's utterly not my place to make such calls.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Hey hey heyhey.

Anything in the preserve under 200 inches.
6500 bucks.

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I've seen what passes for "racks" in Pennsylvania -- the genetics have been completely shot out, honestly. I'm not about to judge anyone who has a wallful of dinks, no matter how tasty they may be.
Then it becomes a matter of what choices are available, fiscal and ethical, and again, that's utterly not my place to make such calls.

Post some of yours.
Don’t know how pressed for time you are , but check out game shows in your area .
Usually a bunch of guys there , some local , that offer these services .
Got a friend who goes to Ohio and hunts public land that borders farm land .
He likes it , might be a cheaper route and get same results .
There are some places here in Va , don’t have any names but a quick search should give it to you .
Have seen some big azz racks on farms .
Kenneth
Most of my most cherished hunts have no tangible “trophy”. Some of the best times and greatest adventures of my life have nothing to memorialize them with. Those precious memories only live as long as those that were there.

I’m sentimental when it comes to hunting, fishing and spending time with loved ones in the wild country and I certainly don’t expect everyone to be. If a big rack on the wall is what you want and you ain’t breaking any laws then enjoy.

I view your quest as nothing more than a very hands on approach to interior decorating with the added benefit of being able to eat your artwork before you display it. 😁

I can’t help you with your question about a decent ranch but it looks like you got some good suggestions. I do hope you post pictures and details of the buck you shoot. 👍

Good luck.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Hey hey heyhey.

Anything in the preserve under 200 inches.
6500 bucks.

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That place was formerly known as Bellars place.
May have heard about a bit of mess years back.

And you think you are a hunter making a statement like that one? So, you want to kill a big, beautiful buck with unnatural antlers to satisfy your ego, give you bragging rights about what a he-man you supposedly are to all your buddies, and have a reason to stop telling yourself, even for a moment, you have a teeny little weenie? What a pathetic admission to make to anyone including here in a forum of other men. Whatever it is you're after just don't call it hunting because it's not. What it is may simply be called VANITY. GFY.
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Don’t know how pressed for time you are , but check out game shows in your area .
Usually a bunch of guys there , some local , that offer these services .
Got a friend who goes to Ohio and hunts public land that borders farm land .
He likes it , might be a cheaper route and get same results .
There are some places here in Va , don’t have any names but a quick search should give it to you .
Have seen some big azz racks on farms .
Kenneth

Good dam luck.

Most of these places are just a private land place to hunt,
A pretty high fee puts you on a stand they will try to have sold for
every day of the season.

A friend did one of these. They put him on a stand in the AM. After a long
kinda circling walk.
He wanted to hunt in in the evening.
They stuttered and stammered. Then said they couldn't use it in the afternoon.

The asshats had him trespassing!

Guy I worked with was a big whitetail buck "fan".
Bought the magazine's, hunted his heart out here trying to get a big one.
Too tight to spend the big bucks to hunt the big bucks.

Really pissed him off one day.

"If I won the lottery, and no hunt was out of my $$$ reach,
I wouldn't even try for a big whitetail. You can buy a trophy.
But where can I hunt and kill a big buck I'd feel good about?
They are either just plain pen raised, or genetically manipulated,
through targeted breeding and culling.

They are farmed.

In the natural big buck hotspots, you are hunting in shooting stands.
Places they put as many people as possible. You aren't allowed to
hunt. Just shoot what comes by. But some are actually shooting
natural deer. Not enhanced by imported bucks, and fed crap to pump
them up.

I hate Jackie Bushman and what he and his ilk have done to hunting.
It's turned into a dick measuring contest
and brought it into a "Redneck with money" circus.
Originally Posted by bluefish

And you think you are a hunter making a statement like that one? So, you want to kill a big, beautiful buck with unnatural antlers to satisfy your ego, give you bragging rights about what a he-man you supposedly are to all your buddies, and have a reason to stop telling yourself, even for a moment, you have a teeny little weenie? What a pathetic admission to make to anyone including here in a forum of other men. Whatever it is you're after just don't call it hunting because it's not. What it is may simply be called VANITY. GFY.

You can GFY. I've done my time and effort in the woods and have had many successful legal harvests. Apparently you're illiterate also because you didn't read through my other posts. You can go eat chit.
If one wants to legally shop for antlers w a bullet or broadhead, so be it.

Making the hole in the livestock does make for a claim.

You kill it you own it.

If thats what you want, pay the price.

Know a guy local that shot an elk at a preserve ( smaller high fence eastern place ) and tried to tell folks he got it free range out west.

Thats the crap that burns me up.
No, Biggie Smalls I read the whole thing. "Legal harvests"? What a laugh. Whomever raised you to think this way ought to have had his ass kicked because he fugged it all up. There is simply no justification for a true sportsman to denigrate any animal taken under fair chase conditions nor to shoot one from a pen to hang on the wall for bragging rights with his other circle jerk buddies. Like I said, pathetic and vain. Before the "hunt" make sure you check your rifle carefully from the muzzle end.
If one wants to legally shop for antlers w a bullet or broadhead, so be it.

Making the hole in the livestock does make for a claim.

You kill it you own it.

If thats what you want, pay the price.

Know a guy local that shot an elk at a preserve ( smaller high fence eastern place ) and tried to tell folks he got it free range out west.

Thats the crap that burns me up.

Yeah people just want to blast me because they think I want to corner a deer in a fence and shoot it. Which is absolutely NOT what I want to to do. I'll say it again. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE HIGH FENCE/PENNED.
No, Biggie Smalls I read the whole thing. "Legal harvests"? What a laugh. Whomever raised you to think this way ought to have had his ass kicked because he fugged it all up. There is simply no justification for a true sportsman to denigrate any animal taken under fair chase conditions nor to shoot one from a pen to hang on the wall for bragging rights with his other circle jerk buddies. Like I said, pathetic and vain. Before the "hunt" make sure you check your rifle carefully from the muzzle end.

Shut up and read my other posts in here, miserable fugg.
I bet you're a real joy at gatherings.

I've never been, but there are a bunch of outfitters in Western KY who will give you access to their leases and give you a fair shot at a wall-hanger buck. You might have to go for a few seasons to get the deer you are looking for, and you may have to bow hunt to do it. KY's deer season is skewed heavily in favor of archery.
Mach3: Pardon the Scheißevögel . As you may have been able to discern, there is a real bias against hunting deer behind fences on this forum. You'll find that a lot on deer hunting forums. I think I understand what you're looking for. Using the term "ranch" is what set them off. Also, I have not heard of anything in the states you mention.

As I understand it, you're looking for a fair chase guided hunt for whitetails. Those animals exist out here in Ohio and Kentucky. I just don't have any recommendations, but they do exist and folks come back with good results. I would do a Google search of things like "Kentucky Whitetail Guides" or "Ohio Whitetail Outfitter" or some such thing. These won't be high-fenced hunts.

Both Ohio and Kentucky have excellent Whitetail opportunities both public and private. The problem is going to be finding a booking for this year. My guess is that will be hard to find.

Some things to consider:

1) I know the AEP power lands south of Zanesville, Ohio are prime deer territory, and they're free. You just go to the office in McConnelsville and register. You can guide yourself. They have camping facilities and everything you need. There are big racks in Eastern Ohio.

2) There are several hunting preserves in Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee that serve up exotics behind fences, but they also have associated guided whitetail operations that are fair chase. The closest one to me is Paul Richter's operation Shawnee Hunting Preserve outside of Portsmouth, OH. He's been in operation since at least the early 80's.

3) I don't have any guides in mind, but I do know a guy that brokers leases in my immediate area. You could look up the Parker Funeral Home in Brooksville, KY. John Parker may have leases available. I'm in a very opportunity-rich environment. Parker leases out the land adjacent to my farm. All the counties around me are ZONE 1, which means the state is trying to reduce the herd and are allowing unlimited anterless harvest. I'm about 90 minutes from Greater Cincinnati Airport. This is about a 9-10 hour drive from NJ.

It just occurred to me that this is analogous to cruising the bars, hoping to score with a beautiful, passionate woman or opting to pony up for a wild time with a a reasonable facsimile in a high-end cathouse.

Actually, the first scenario is more likely for most of us than stumbling on a real buster buck in the course of ordinary deer hunting. In the absence of good genetics and plentiful food, plus a well-balanced herd, to paraphrase John Wooters, most of us won’t live long enough to kill a really big buck by “accident”.

I had planned on going to either Kentucky or Ohio this year for a chance at a big one, but circumstances forbade it. Maybe next year, but since I started thinking about it, I discovered that I can probably go to Texas and shoot a nilgai for about the same price. Lotsa tasty meat on a nilgai, I’m told.
Originally Posted by shaman
Mach3: Pardon the Scheißevögel . As you may have been able to discern, there is a real bias against hunting deer behind fences on this forum. You'll find that a lot on deer hunting forums. I think I understand what you're looking for. Using the term "ranch" is what set them off. Also, I have not heard of anything in the states you mention.

As I understand it, you're looking for a fair chase guided hunt for whitetails. Those animals exist out here in Ohio and Kentucky. I just don't have any recommendations, but they do exist and folks come back with good results. I would do a Google search of things like "Kentucky Whitetail Guides" or "Ohio Whitetail Outfitter" or some such thing. These won't be high-fenced hunts.

Both Ohio and Kentucky have excellent Whitetail opportunities both public and private. The problem is going to be finding a booking for this year. My guess is that will be hard to find.

Some things to consider:

1) I know the AEP power lands south of Zanesville, Ohio are prime deer territory, and they're free. You just go to the office in McConnelsville and register. You can guide yourself. They have camping facilities and everything you need. There are big racks in Eastern Ohio.

2) There are several hunting preserves in Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee that serve up exotics behind fences, but they also have associated guided whitetail operations that are fair chase. The closest one to me is Paul Richter's operation Shawnee Hunting Preserve outside of Portsmouth, OH. He's been in operation since at least the early 80's.

3) I don't have any guides in mind, but I do know a guy that brokers leases in my immediate area. You could look up the Parker Funeral Home in Brooksville, KY. John Parker may have leases available. I'm in a very opportunity-rich environment. Parker leases out the land adjacent to my farm. All the counties around me are ZONE 1, which means the state is trying to reduce the herd and are allowing unlimited anterless harvest. I'm about 90 minutes from Greater Cincinnati Airport. This is about a 9-10 hour drive from NJ.

Great info, thanks
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I had planned on going to either Kentucky or Ohio this year for a chance at a big one, but circumstances forbade it. Maybe next year, but since I started thinking about it, I discovered that I can probably go to Texas and shoot a nilgai for about the same price. Lotsa tasty meat on a nilgai, I’m told.

You're absolutely right. If you hook up with a guiding service, expect to pay through the nose. I'm not saying it's not worth it. If you are willing to pay a guy to do all the pre-season legwork, it probably is.

Take my place in KY. I have deer coming out of my ears and over the past 5 years, the number of worthy bucks has gone way up. Part of that is hunting pressure is down somewhat. A good part of it comes from the fact that I had a neighbor that was pouring $800 worth of corn into a feeder every year. When he sold out, the bucks didn't have an all-night buffet to go to anymore, and daylight buck sightings increased. I'm out on the property every week. I'm glassing the pastures. I'm checking my camera. I'm shaking my rattle.

My guess is that I've seen no more than a dozen B&C-class bucks in 20 years. Oh, they are out there. It's just that they tend to roam a lot. The buck you see today is going to be over in the next county by nightfall. I've got one of them up on the wall. The rest were all chance encounters. That's okay. I'm happy with what I've got. On my 200 acres, there is usually 1-2 mature bucks-- these are shooters, not B&C record book material.

I did some figgerin' a number of years back and figured out there were probably 8,000 B&C bucks in the Commonwealth of Kentucky at any given time. That's about 1 per every 5 square miles. Ohio is about the same, maybe a bit less. Kentucky is one of the top big-buck states in the union.
Lots of high fences in Texas, employment and financial security for rural people, a class of people worth preserving. Ranches stay ranches longer and not subdivided and/or sold to the Chinese or Arabs whatever.

Sporting? Are scopes, motorized transportation, GPS, hi tech clothing, pre-packaged food and drink supplies brung sporting?

As long as the kill is humane, I don’t have a problem with it.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Lots of high fences in Texas, employment and financial security for rural people, a class of people worth preserving. Ranches stay ranches longer and not subdivided and/or sold to the Chinese or Arabs whatever.
Sporting? Are scopes, motorized transportation, GPS, hi tech clothing, pre-packaged food and drink supplies brung sporting?
As long as the kill is humane, I don’t have a problem with it.
I don't have a problem with it either, I just don't understand paying big money to shoot domestic animals. If that's your thing, go ahead, it's your money. The biggest ripoff I've seen is bison ''hunting''. One ranch has you prop up and shoot behind the head in the 3rd vertebrae and has a backup shooter with you in case you botch it. This is not hunting and the only thing you might prove is your ability to shoot a large target. To each his own.

The subject of free range and low fence VS high fences, comes up a couple of times every year here, and Texas, is always the bad guy, Texas hunting is as diverse as hunting any where else on private land, or public land, I am and have always been opposed to shooting any critter in a pen, just like most of you are, in our case we are surrounded by,
big ranch's that are high fenced or partial high fenced, the ranch on our Northern border is 250,000 acres, on the East border 145,000 acres,on our West border 162,000 acres, on our South border 187,000 acres, we are in three county's, high fence along hi-way's and county roads, help keep trespassers off our ranch's, no high fence will hold critters that want to come and go, they will go under over or thru the fence at will, there's never been a high that a Quail couldn't fly over, Quail hunting in S.Texas produces more money for us than any thing else we hunt. including B& C Whitetail, and Exotic's, there many misinformed people here commenting on high fence, that don't have any idea what they are talking about, which is true of many subject's here on the 24 hour camp fryer. Rio7
I hunted a fenced place in Georgia. 800 acres.
2 mornings, 2 evenings.
Saw the fence going in, and out.
Once being taken to a stand.
The fence played no part in the hunt.

The way people "hunt" today, you could hunt 100 acres fenced and it might not
play a part.

Sitting in a stand, not moving, if you are in the thick stuff, a fence 100 yards away is unseen. And since no ones moving, nobody is going
to corner anything.
Another CF classic. The OP explained the need and motivation for this legal hunt and triggered the usual crew into rabid virtue signalling. If an honest question can no longer get respect on this site what is the use of asking.

I have made purchases and destination decisions based on the opinions offered by members whose opinions I respected and have profited from those. Our membership purports to be conservative and to value freedom of speech and choice but is starting to sound like the women on the view.

Should our members have to pass a purity of thought test? It could be factored by our resident geniuses that have attained oracle status.

LOL

mike r
Go get yourself a farm raised cow Elk in PA. They raise them there and several other states. Lots more meat and better eating too. They were fairly inexpensive and cheaper than an out of state tag out west.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
2 mornings, 2 evenings.

play a part.

Sitting in a stand, not moving, if you are in the thick stuff, a fence 100 yards away is unseen. And since no ones moving, nobody is going
to corner anything.

Riiiiight. As long as you can't see the fence its not a factor. Got it.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Another CF classic. The OP explained the need and motivation for this legal hunt and triggered the usual crew into rabid virtue signalling. If an honest question can no longer get respect on this site what is the use of asking.

I have made purchases and destination decisions based on the opinions offered by members whose opinions I respected and have profited from those. Our membership purports to be conservative and to value freedom of speech and choice but is starting to sound like the women on the view.

Should our members have to pass a purity of thought test? It could be factored by our resident geniuses that have attained oracle status.

LOL

mike r

Yeah but still, the word ranch in the same thought with PA and NJ is pretty funny.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

LOL

mike r

Bottom line is it simply isn't done. At least not by sportsmen and gentlemen.
2 mornings, 2 evenings.

play a part.

to corner anything.

It's 800 acres.
There are no drives, just stick your ass in a stand and shoot what comes by.
The difference between that and no fence is mostly in your head.
The fence keeps those pigs from leaving, keeps some predators out.
The animals are hunted enough that it wasnt overpopulated, and they
were definitely not game. One whiff and I learned just how fast a hog could
run.

Before that hunt, I thought like you.
Went for something to do, and because I had never done it.
Given my druthers, I'd actually hunt. On the ground, hunting.
With out a fence. But it wasn't canned. Out of 6 or 8 guys, only a few
killed a boar. A couple were missed.

The place was poorly ran by an [bleep].
It appeared something illegitimate was going on there.
(Dogfighting, to guess)
Wouldn't go back, due to that.
Otherwise, we would.

There are places that basically shoot livestock in a pen.
Every place with a fence isn't that.

But this is the campfire.
Everything is judged by ones personal experience and prejudices.

God forbid, someone else has a different point or experience.

A guy who has his ideas is qualified to judge others who have done.
And he can judge everything as if his limited experiences are
all encompassing.

Personally, the OP isn't something I'm interested in.
But it's legal.
Even ethical if you don't twist the story. Too far.😉
I have to stand with Dillonbuck on this one. I had a somewhat similar situation on my first time hunting. My buddy and I went to a place to hunt boar outside Crossville, TN. I really did not have expectations. The boar came by where I had been told to sit. I shot the boar. It really did not sink in until years later that this had all been done behind a fence. It's been 40 years. I might do it again, but I would put it in the same category as fair chase hunting.

I have not hunted Texas, but I have traveled in the Hill Country. You can go for miles with high fence on both sides of the roads and various herds of exotics peeping at you from the other side. I would imagine that, were the enclosure big enough, a hunter would not sense he was hunting in an enclosed area.

Having said all that, I know of a guy in Indiana, near Cincinnati, who was charging customers to shoot trophy deer in a corral. There was some C&W star that paid $15K to fly in, sit in the trailer watching Football. At halftime, he was shown out to the pen, shot his monster buck and then retired back to the trailer for the second half. Needless to say, this operation got busted up and somebody went to jail. I met the proprietor a couple times at Outdoor Shows, exhibiting his trophy deer in dog kennels. I asked him how he kept them so docile. The answer: drugs.

Yikes!

I like IvMiker's term "Purity Test" --- somehow judging how my hunting experience is better than your hunting experience. I've seen these arguments go on here and elsewhere for decades. I probably was just as vocal about it at some point. Over time, I realized that sort of thinking does no one any good. You're not going to change minds by calling someone a slob for what you think is poor hunting etiquette. Rule #1 of Fair Chase is "Obey all Rules." The corollary to that is "Respect legal hunting." It may not be my cup of tea, but as long as the rules are not broken then I'm not going to keep my opinions to myself.

shaman, Most of the hill country ranch's are a 500 acres or less, and poor habitat, for deer, South and west of the hill country a couple of hundred miles is a whole different world, our smallest pasture is 2500 acres. Rio7
and this is why Pennsyltuckians don't like jerseyites

shaman, Most of the hill country ranch's are a 500 acres or less, and poor habitat, for deer, South and west of the hill country a couple of hundred miles is a whole different world, our smallest pasture is 2500 acres. Rio7

I was only there once, and I was a passenger in the car, not the driver. I was visiting KYHillChick's kin outside of Tao. They took us for a sightseeing ride. I never saw so much high fence in my life. It was like the Cincinnati Zoo on steroids. It was December and the town of Llano was choked with deer hunters.

Exactly.
I’d shoot one of those goats tho

With what caliber? They are pretty small.
How about a Bison? They're selling those too in PA. $3,000 to $5,000. Fill a few freezers. Shoot it on a Saturday and be back home on Sunday. Heck of a deal. Never need to apply for an out of state tag again.

https://www.tiogaboarhunting.com/hunts/buffalo/
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
How about a Bison? They're selling those too in PA. $3,000 to $5,000. Fill a few freezers. Shoot it on a Saturday and be back home on Sunday. Heck of a deal. Never need to apply for an out of state tag again.

https://www.tiogaboarhunting.com/hunts/buffalo/

I'd ranch shoot a bison or one of those large African exotics with no qualms. I mean it's not like the big mammals can really free range anymore.

Captain Corn Feeder chiming in on someone that wants to shoot one inside a fence.

LOL

And you still don’t know…..but I understand why!! I was killing bucks and elk long before you were even a gleam in yo pappys eye!!
There’s a good sized ranch in Northern New York that’s fairly close to N.J. and Pennsylvania, managed by the state, it’s called the Adirondacks. 3.2 million acres of stare land and lots of great bucks. Bring a compass.
Yeah, but the OP wouldn't be able to pick one from the pen and then brag about what a badazz hunter he is. While is one of the famous trackers from that region? Jim... last name I think begins with M?
I like the idea of a cow brought up a few posts back. Let it go in some woods. Hunter could listen for the sound of a distant bell getting closer. Maybe use a call to bring it in. Then finally spot peeks of white and black approaching through the brush.
2 mornings, 2 evenings.

play a part.

to corner anything.

It's 800 acres.
There are no drives, just stick your ass in a stand and shoot what comes by.
The difference between that and no fence is mostly in your head.
The fence keeps those pigs from leaving, keeps some predators out.

But it wasn't canned.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yeah, but the OP wouldn't be able to pick one from the pen and then brag about what a badazz hunter he is. While is one of the famous trackers from that region? Jim... last name I think begins with M?

Jim Massett. Met him once and tried to convince him to write a book. Nice guy.
That's him. I encountered his name in the books of the Maine tracker, RG Bernier, who passed this summer.
2 mornings, 2 evenings.

LOL. OK.

I've actually been to a place like this - just a few acres less than what you experienced.
I coordinated the event for my 42 y/o terminally-ill best friend on what would be his last foray in the outdoors.

When we all got situated in the huge box blind, the truck drove away and on the way out, operated the feed-flinger on the tailgate. Twenty minutes later, out of the heavy cover and through the snow-covered rolling hardwoods, a parade of bucks appeared - first in line was a 220"-ish specimen, followed by a 180" deer and so on. Eventually, 11 in all in the meadow in front of us.

I discussed and confirmed (with the host) the buck that'd meet the 4-5k mark, woke my bud who'd already nodded off and got the rifle into place for him. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally managed to hit the trigger and the 160" "trophy" was his. He died 6 days later.

Surrounded by miles of ground that get heavily hunted that fence had EVERYTHING to do with what happened on that outing.

To this day I'm still terribly conflicted over what transpired that day even though I accompanied my best friend on his final outing and he got his wish of shooting the biggest buck he'd ever killed. But it damned sure wasn't a hunt.

I feed deer out my back door every year. Never took one from my property. Wouldn't seem fair. Family just likes to see them. One bag of corn lasts a week. Neighbors kid takes one every year on their side. I stop feeding after the spring greenup. Helps a few make it through the winter. Never see a buck other than a little fork horn. Too many small properties with guys who hunt to maintain a healthy deer herd. I do my hunting about an hour drive away in the National Forest.

Don't believe shooting deer over a corn feeder or in a high fenced lot is a hunt. Shooting them over corn or in a fenced property is just harvesting a domestic animal. That's fine, enjoy the meat. Don't pay more than the meat is worth and don't take a bunch of photos to post online. Just keep it to yourself.

First of all, I would never "brag" about any buck unless it was some kind of free chase record. Get it through your thick skull that I realize what I'm trying to do. Never once did I say I wanted to do something illegal.

I hunt HARD every year on public and even game lands. I'd bet you'd be crying that your legs hurt by the end of the day if you hunted a normal day with me.
2 mornings, 2 evenings.

LOL. OK.

I've actually been to a place like this - just a few acres less than what you experienced.
I coordinated the event for my 42 y/o terminally-ill best friend on what would be his last foray in the outdoors.

When we all got situated in the huge box blind, the truck drove away and on the way out, operated the feed-flinger on the tailgate. Twenty minutes later, out of the heavy cover and through the snow-covered rolling hardwoods, a parade of bucks appeared - first in line was a 220"-ish specimen, followed by a 180" deer and so on. Eventually, 11 in all in the meadow in front of us.

I discussed and confirmed (with the host) the buck that'd meet the 4-5k mark, woke my bud who'd already nodded off and got the rifle into place for him. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally managed to hit the trigger and the 160" "trophy" was his. He died 6 days later.

Surrounded by miles of ground that get heavily hunted that fence had EVERYTHING to do with what happened on that outing.

To this day I'm still terribly conflicted over what transpired that day even though I accompanied my best friend on his final outing and he got his wish of shooting the biggest buck he'd ever killed. But it damned sure wasn't a hunt.

That was a great thing you did for your buddy.

First of all, I would never "brag" about any buck unless it was some kind of free chase record. Get it through your thick skull that I realize what I'm trying to do. Never once did I say I wanted to do something illegal.

I hunt HARD every year on public and even game lands. I'd bet you'd be crying that your legs hurt by the end of the day if you hunted a normal day with me.
You hunt in Pa. ? I've seen some darn nice bucks come out of Pa. in recent years. Maybe this will be your year. What size buck you looking for anyway ?

Thanks. I still remember arguing with the hospice folks for a couple of days beforehand - "You wanna do WHAT? No way - not happening"... laugh
2 mornings, 2 evenings.

LOL. OK.

Scott,

Heck of a hunt.

Not diminishing it at all.

🦫
2 mornings, 2 evenings.

LOL. OK.

Absolutely. I see no reason at all to feel conflicted. Time in the woods with a buddy and a rifle for someone with less than a week to live. You take whatever opportunity that you can make happen.

You hunt in Pa. ? I've seen some darn nice bucks come out of Pa. in recent years. Maybe this will be your year. What size buck you looking for anyway ?

140-150 class typical sure would be nice. I've seen them, but all at the wrong times.
Sounds like a fantastic "hunt".
Every hunt is judged by some metric on the situation.

There were no feeders or feed.
Just tripod blinds to sit in.
Overwatching fields or intersecting roads.
Given one thing to change about that hunt, to make me happy and
to feel better about it?

I'd let the fences. I was never near them.

But ditch the dam stands and let me use my feet to actually hunt.

In your situation?
I'd agree to tying a deer up.
As long as my buddy never knew.

Wonder what this one cost..

140-150 class typical sure would be nice. I've seen them, but all at the wrong times.
Caskey Mountain hunting preserve in Richmondville NY should have what you're looking for. They advertise that they've got 150" - 450" whitetails available on their 450 acre preserve.

Sand Billy, Most of the deer breeders around South Texas, have shut down, they ran out of people to sell deer and semen, bred does to, couldn't make any money trading among them selves, i never could see where they were going with breeding the freak deer, the few i know of lost their ass trying to fool mother nature, some are still trying to sell doe piss, to the people that think doe piss will attract big bucks, Yeh Right Rio7
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Imagine the story told by the doctor in his cigar room playing Texas Hold’em with his associates.

So, there I was, in deep West Texas, with the sun beating down on me. My eyes filled with sweat from jumping out of the customized Toyota Tundra to make haste to the side of paved road.

Looking for the best field position to shoot from, I immediately realized, I’d left my shooting stix with attached rifle saddle in the Toyota...

I made a quick decision to use hand signs, instead of telling my guide to bring me my shooting platform. I didn’t want to spook this magnificent buck I was about to take.

I made a “V” with my fingers and with my other hand, I laid my arm into the “V” using my finger to simulate pulling my rifles trigger...

Guides aren’t very intelligent, because he casually said back to me after he finished swallowing a gulp of his coffee - “What do you need?”...Imbecile, obviously hasn’t spent much time in the field around game animals...

Anyway, the guide eventually brought me my shooting stix/saddle. So, there I was. My Blaser R8 Professional in 300 Win was now set in a firm, vice like grip inside the saddle...The good Lord was looking out for me this day, no doubt, because the buck hadn’t moved an inch since I jumped out of the Toyota.

I took a quick range with my Swarovski EL Binocular Rangefinder. 47 yards, umm, I mean 470 yards was immediately displayed on the glass.

I settled my crosshairs on my Swarovski Z8i behind the bucks massive shoulder and let her rip...The recoil was stiff, as you can imagine if you ever shot a massive 300 Winchester Magnum. The buck, must’ve had incredible luck by taking a step right before I yanked the trigger, because I missed - which I never do...

Quickly, I chambered another rocket, and now faced with a more difficult shot with the buck turned, staring right at me...I had to make a precision shot into its face.

“Oh”, said an associate...”Is that why your deer mount has a different face on it than the buck pictured that you shot “?

“Yes”, said the doctor...”Bet you didn’t realize there is a sub-specialty in taxidermy, called plastic face surgery taxidermy”

“Wow”....”That sounds like an amazing hunt”...”Can we now see the flop card “?

LOL

🦫

That’s called hunting.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Imagine the story told by the doctor in his cigar room playing Texas Hold’em with his associates.

So, there I was, in deep West Texas, with the sun beating down on me. My eyes filled with sweat from jumping out of the customized Toyota Tundra to make haste to the side of paved road.

Looking for the best field position to shoot from, I immediately realized, I’d left my shooting stix with attached rifle saddle in the Toyota...

I made a quick decision to use hand signs, instead of telling my guide to bring me my shooting platform. I didn’t want to spook this magnificent buck I was about to take.

I made a “V” with my fingers and with my other hand, I laid my arm into the “V” using my finger to simulate pulling my rifles trigger...

Guides aren’t very intelligent, because he casually said back to me after he finished swallowing a gulp of his coffee - “What do you need?”...Imbecile, obviously hasn’t spent much time in the field around game animals...

Anyway, the guide eventually brought me my shooting stix/saddle. So, there I was. My Blaser R8 Professional in 300 Win was now set in a firm, vice like grip inside the saddle...The good Lord was looking out for me this day, no doubt, because the buck hadn’t moved an inch since I jumped out of the Toyota.

I took a quick range with my Swarovski EL Binocular Rangefinder. 47 yards, umm, I mean 470 yards was immediately displayed on the glass.

I settled my crosshairs on my Swarovski Z8i behind the bucks massive shoulder and let her rip...The recoil was stiff, as you can imagine if you ever shot a massive 300 Winchester Magnum. The buck, must’ve had incredible luck by taking a step right before I yanked the trigger, because I missed - which I never do...

Quickly, I chambered another rocket, and now faced with a more difficult shot with the buck turned, staring right at me...I had to make a precision shot into its face.

“Oh”, said an associate...”Is that why your deer mount has a different face on it than the buck pictured that you shot “?

“Yes”, said the doctor...”Bet you didn’t realize there is a sub-specialty in taxidermy, called plastic face surgery taxidermy”

LOL

🦫

😂 😆 you know it happens a lot.

Sand Billy, Most of the deer breeders around South Texas, have shut down, they ran out of people to sell deer and semen, bred does to, couldn't make any money trading among them selves, i never could see where they were going with breeding the freak deer, the few i know of lost their ass trying to fool mother nature, some are still trying to sell doe piss, to the people that think doe piss will attract big bucks, Yeh Right Rio7

That’s fine with me.

LOL

🦫

😂 😆 you know it happens a lot.

Fo sure...

🦫
I order all mine off Ebay

I buy mine at deeply discounted prices from taxidermist who had customers not pick up their mounts.

Make a story and I’m a hero

LMAO

🦫
Lol. After that earlier post I know you can make up a story. 😜

I buy mine at deeply discounted prices from taxidermist who had customers not pick up their mounts.

LMAO

🦫
Every antique/junk shop around here has deer mounts for sale. The city folks buy them to decorate their new rural mountain cabins with.
Lol. After that earlier post I know you can make up a story. 😜

Absolutely....Laffin

You see that picture Slum posted of that chick, above. That’s my ex-wife. She’s a freak in the sack after I wrecked her.

😝🦫

LMAO

🦫

You can get deals like that?

Sheesh.

Well, all for naught, as my wife won't let me have dead critters on the wall.

Guess I could do it and stack them around out front the house here on the 7Acre RANCH!

Looks like a bit of "taxidermy" on them globes.

LMAO

🦫
Every antique/junk shop around here has deer mounts for sale. The city folks buy them to decorate their new rural mountain cabins with.

Yeah, here, too.

Pretty common.

🦫

LMAO

🦫

You can't be serious. Who the hell would want something that they didn't actually shoot?

LMAO

🦫

You can't be serious. Who the hell would want something that they didn't actually shoot?

Same could be said thusly “who the hell would ever mount a set of horns they shot over a feeder or behind a fence”
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

LMAO

🦫

Same could be said thusly “who the hell would ever mount a set of horns they shot over a feeder or behind a fence”

Depends what the laws are in a certain state. How is it any different if you plant a food plot and you KNOW what time of day the deer will be eating it because you watch your trail cams all year? As long as it's legal, no difference.

Agree about being behind a fence

LMAO

🦫

Depends what the laws are in a certain state. How is it any different if you plant a food plot and you KNOW what time of day the deer will be eating it because you watch your trail cams all year? As long as it's legal, no difference.

You started this thread asking for a good “deer ranch” where you could “literally pick out the one you want to shoot.” How’s that different from buying a rack off of the internet or a local pawn shop?

Looks like a bit of "taxidermy" on them globes.

What ranch has her in their herd? The Bunny Ranch?

LMAO

🦫

You started this thread asking for a good “deer ranch” where you could “literally pick out the one you want to shoot.” How’s that different from buying a rack off of the internet or a local pawn shop?

Lots of whitetail outfitters have plenty of trail cam pics where they let you pick which one you want to shoot. Doesn't necessarily mean you will actually get a shot at it.

LMAO

🦫

Sometimes you can pick up an old tattered above the bar mount from one of those pick up bars in old timey deer country. If you are lucky it will be smoke stained giving it that deep swamp buck look.

LMAO

🦫

Who the hell wants something from a pen for the bragging board? You've answered your own questions. Ain't the 'fire fun? Remember: you wanted this.

LMAO

🦫

Lots of whitetail outfitters have plenty of trail cam pics where they let you pick which one you want to shoot. Doesn't necessarily mean you will actually get a shot at it.

When did I say I wanted it from a pen?
ND, SD, NE, KS, MT, reservation hunts. Might be a good place to look.
© 24hourcampfire