Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wonder what this one cost..

Imagine the story told by the doctor in his cigar room playing Texas Hold’em with his associates.

So, there I was, in deep West Texas, with the sun beating down on me. My eyes filled with sweat from jumping out of the customized Toyota Tundra to make haste to the side of paved road.

Looking for the best field position to shoot from, I immediately realized, I’d left my shooting stix with attached rifle saddle in the Toyota...

I made a quick decision to use hand signs, instead of telling my guide to bring me my shooting platform. I didn’t want to spook this magnificent buck I was about to take.

I made a “V” with my fingers and with my other hand, I laid my arm into the “V” using my finger to simulate pulling my rifles trigger...

Guides aren’t very intelligent, because he casually said back to me after he finished swallowing a gulp of his coffee - “What do you need?”...Imbecile, obviously hasn’t spent much time in the field around game animals...

Anyway, the guide eventually brought me my shooting stix/saddle. So, there I was. My Blaser R8 Professional in 300 Win was now set in a firm, vice like grip inside the saddle...The good Lord was looking out for me this day, no doubt, because the buck hadn’t moved an inch since I jumped out of the Toyota.

I took a quick range with my Swarovski EL Binocular Rangefinder. 47 yards, umm, I mean 470 yards was immediately displayed on the glass.

I settled my crosshairs on my Swarovski Z8i behind the bucks massive shoulder and let her rip...The recoil was stiff, as you can imagine if you ever shot a massive 300 Winchester Magnum. The buck, must’ve had incredible luck by taking a step right before I yanked the trigger, because I missed - which I never do...

Quickly, I chambered another rocket, and now faced with a more difficult shot with the buck turned, staring right at me...I had to make a precision shot into its face.

“Oh”, said an associate...”Is that why your deer mount has a different face on it than the buck pictured that you shot “?

“Yes”, said the doctor...”Bet you didn’t realize there is a sub-specialty in taxidermy, called plastic face surgery taxidermy”

“Wow”....”That sounds like an amazing hunt”...”Can we now see the flop card “?

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by bluefish
Yeah, but the OP wouldn't be able to pick one from the pen and then brag about what a badazz hunter he is. While is one of the famous trackers from that region? Jim... last name I think begins with M?

First of all, I would never "brag" about any buck unless it was some kind of free chase record. Get it through your thick skull that I realize what I'm trying to do. Never once did I say I wanted to do something illegal.

I hunt HARD every year on public and even game lands. I'd bet you'd be crying that your legs hurt by the end of the day if you hunted a normal day with me.
You hunt in Pa. ? I've seen some darn nice bucks come out of Pa. in recent years. Maybe this will be your year. What size buck you looking for anyway ?

140-150 class typical sure would be nice. I've seen them, but all at the wrong times.

That’s called hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Imagine the story told by the doctor in his cigar room playing Texas Hold’em with his associates.

So, there I was, in deep West Texas, with the sun beating down on me. My eyes filled with sweat from jumping out of the customized Toyota Tundra to make haste to the side of paved road.

Looking for the best field position to shoot from, I immediately realized, I’d left my shooting stix with attached rifle saddle in the Toyota...

I made a quick decision to use hand signs, instead of telling my guide to bring me my shooting platform. I didn’t want to spook this magnificent buck I was about to take.

I made a “V” with my fingers and with my other hand, I laid my arm into the “V” using my finger to simulate pulling my rifles trigger...

Guides aren’t very intelligent, because he casually said back to me after he finished swallowing a gulp of his coffee - “What do you need?”...Imbecile, obviously hasn’t spent much time in the field around game animals...

Anyway, the guide eventually brought me my shooting stix/saddle. So, there I was. My Blaser R8 Professional in 300 Win was now set in a firm, vice like grip inside the saddle...The good Lord was looking out for me this day, no doubt, because the buck hadn’t moved an inch since I jumped out of the Toyota.

I took a quick range with my Swarovski EL Binocular Rangefinder. 47 yards, umm, I mean 470 yards was immediately displayed on the glass.

I settled my crosshairs on my Swarovski Z8i behind the bucks massive shoulder and let her rip...The recoil was stiff, as you can imagine if you ever shot a massive 300 Winchester Magnum. The buck, must’ve had incredible luck by taking a step right before I yanked the trigger, because I missed - which I never do...

Quickly, I chambered another rocket, and now faced with a more difficult shot with the buck turned, staring right at me...I had to make a precision shot into its face.

“Oh”, said an associate...”Is that why your deer mount has a different face on it than the buck pictured that you shot “?

“Yes”, said the doctor...”Bet you didn’t realize there is a sub-specialty in taxidermy, called plastic face surgery taxidermy”

LOL

🦫

😂 😆 you know it happens a lot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7

Sand Billy, Most of the deer breeders around South Texas, have shut down, they ran out of people to sell deer and semen, bred does to, couldn't make any money trading among them selves, i never could see where they were going with breeding the freak deer, the few i know of lost their ass trying to fool mother nature, some are still trying to sell doe piss, to the people that think doe piss will attract big bucks, Yeh Right Rio7

That’s fine with me.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

LOL

🦫

😂 😆 you know it happens a lot.

Fo sure...

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I order all mine off Ebay

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I buy mine at deeply discounted prices from taxidermist who had customers not pick up their mounts.

Make a story and I’m a hero

LMAO

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol. After that earlier post I know you can make up a story. 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

I buy mine at deeply discounted prices from taxidermist who had customers not pick up their mounts.

LMAO

🦫
Every antique/junk shop around here has deer mounts for sale. The city folks buy them to decorate their new rural mountain cabins with.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol. After that earlier post I know you can make up a story. 😜

Absolutely....Laffin

You see that picture Slum posted of that chick, above. That’s my ex-wife. She’s a freak in the sack after I wrecked her.

😝🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

LMAO

🦫

You can get deals like that?

Sheesh.

Well, all for naught, as my wife won't let me have dead critters on the wall.

Guess I could do it and stack them around out front the house here on the 7Acre RANCH!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

Looks like a bit of "taxidermy" on them globes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart

LMAO

🦫
Every antique/junk shop around here has deer mounts for sale. The city folks buy them to decorate their new rural mountain cabins with.

Yeah, here, too.

Pretty common.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

LMAO

🦫

You can't be serious. Who the hell would want something that they didn't actually shoot?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

LMAO

🦫

You can't be serious. Who the hell would want something that they didn't actually shoot?

Same could be said thusly “who the hell would ever mount a set of horns they shot over a feeder or behind a fence”

MAGA
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

LMAO

🦫

Same could be said thusly “who the hell would ever mount a set of horns they shot over a feeder or behind a fence”

Depends what the laws are in a certain state. How is it any different if you plant a food plot and you KNOW what time of day the deer will be eating it because you watch your trail cams all year? As long as it's legal, no difference.

Agree about being behind a fence

Last edited by Mach3; 09/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LMAO

🦫

Depends what the laws are in a certain state. How is it any different if you plant a food plot and you KNOW what time of day the deer will be eating it because you watch your trail cams all year? As long as it's legal, no difference.

You started this thread asking for a good “deer ranch” where you could “literally pick out the one you want to shoot.” How’s that different from buying a rack off of the internet or a local pawn shop?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord

Looks like a bit of "taxidermy" on them globes.

What ranch has her in their herd? The Bunny Ranch?

God Bless America
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

LMAO

🦫

You started this thread asking for a good “deer ranch” where you could “literally pick out the one you want to shoot.” How’s that different from buying a rack off of the internet or a local pawn shop?

Lots of whitetail outfitters have plenty of trail cam pics where they let you pick which one you want to shoot. Doesn't necessarily mean you will actually get a shot at it.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 673, 1minute, 29aholic, 805, 16 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,935
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.