Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
FWIW

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ing-a-challenge/ar-AAOBZuX?ocid=msedgntp

Former President Donald Trump has made no secret of his disdain for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), But now, a new report indicates that Trump is actively working towards trying to get the Kentucky senator bounced from his leadership role.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the rift between Trump and McConnell has grown to the point where the former president is now actively working to get McConnell bounced as Republican leader when his current term is up at the beginning of 2023. The Journal reports that Trump is asking around about whether any Republicans would be interested in mounting a challenge.

From the report:

Mr. Trump has spoken recently with senators and allies about trying to depose Mr. McConnell and whether any Republicans are interested in mounting a challenge, according to people familiar with the conversations. There is little appetite among Senate Republicans for such a plan, lawmakers and aides said, but the discussions risk driving a wedge deeper between the most influential figure in the Republican Party and its highest-ranking member in elected office.

In a recent interview, Trump told the Journal that Republicans should jettison McConnell from the post he’s held for 15 years.

“They ought to,” Trump said. “I think he’s very bad for the Republican Party.”

Trump has made a series of statements bashing McConnell throughout the year — blaming him for losing the senate majority, and criticizing his support of President Joe Biden’s infrastructure proposal.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I hope Trump breaks one off in the turtle’s ass.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
FWIW is right. None of the networks are above making stuff up that they think will help the cause. I never believe any of it.

Occasionally, they accidentally tell the truth, or they may tell it when it helps the cause.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The turtle is not the leadership we need in the GOP, I doubt anyone would argue with that.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cocaine Mitch is the quintessential example of the Uniparty Swamp.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
We must get rid on Mitch the Bitch. Pelosi and Schumer own him. Rand Paul endorsed him and he has single handedly brought about the destruction of America with his conformation efforts on Biden. It's looking like we're going to have to plant his ass to get rid of him.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mitch has been doing this so long, basically his campaign strategy is

"I'm a senior congressman and I am personally responsible for billions of dollars coming to the state of Kentucky. No one - republican or democrat who replaces me will go into congress at be able to do that. They will be on meaningless committees with no power"

and people line up to pull the lever for him.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I hope Trump breaks one off in the turtle’s ass.

laugh laugh

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rainshot
We must get rid on Mitch the Bitch. Pelosi and Schumer own him. Rand Paul endorsed him and he has single handedly brought about the destruction of America with his conformation efforts on Biden. It's looking like we're going to have to plant his ass to get rid of him.

You’d have to auger him in the ground, pour some fast dry in the hole to keep him from worming his way out.

DF

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the most promising things Trump mentioned as President, was auditing legislature members and their families. WOW, if only! That's certainly one way to clean up the cesspool. Resignations would abound! Thinking McConnell is neck deep along with 98% of the scumbags.

I also believe this is exactly why both Democrats and Republicans joined forces to oust Trump. They knew he could pull this off. (With the entire population behind him!)

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by DMc
One of the most promising things Trump mentioned as President, was auditing legislature members and their families. WOW, if only! That's certainly one way to clean up the cesspool. Resignations would abound! Thinking McConnell is neck deep along with 98% of the scumbags.

I also believe this is exactly why both Democrats and Republicans joined forces to oust Trump. They knew he could pull this off. (With the entire population behind him!)

Yessir, entrenched career politicians are the same no matter the party. Trump represented a threat to all of them. He fought a not so thinly veiled coup his entire term.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Club of 100 remains faithful to it's own, nothing would make any of them dare raise a hand against Mitch M. no matter how much they disapprove of his leadership.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The Club of 100 remains faithful to it's own, nothing would make any of them dare raise a hand against Mitch M. no matter how much they disapprove of his leadership.

That’s where you are mistaken, you assume there might be some, or a few, or even a single Senator that does not approve of the way McConnell distributes the bounty he and the RNC acquire for distribution to all the team players.

The only grip would be, “ How cum he got more $$$ than me”, other than that, they are ALL on board with Mitch as long as he keeps the money flowing.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DMc

It’s why hillary said if Trump gets re-elected they all will hang...

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Double Tap to the head Donnie.

Metaphorically speaking of course for you FBI Demonrat fuqks that monitor these sites.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
didn't they also claim no one showing up in DC yesterday was a sign of his influence waining..

even though DJT sent out a notice that the Sept 18 protest was a trap...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,402
Posts18,470,144
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.