NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does it end with a shotgun blast?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It would if I was around them bastards.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Does it end with a shotgun blast?

The ONLY Solution. Preferably a 12 ga.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Glad I don't live where they do!!!

I have some bad news for you....I can show you a ton of cottonmouths in Georgia....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ingwe

I have some bad news for you....I can show you a ton of cottonmouths in Georgia....

no kiddin...where dont they live in Ga. Just have some water close by.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nasty things, killed many while frog gigging.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I didn't watch until the end but came in the Ga DNR monthly e-mail so I doubt it.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

Not north of the airport!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The trick is to wait until they get their heads entangled just sooo... and pull the trigger. That's a two 'fer one shot!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I grew up around rattlesnakes here which most of the time are pretty docile and just want to be let alone. We have very few cottonmouths this far west but I’d always heard how bad they were and attributed it to people exaggerating like they do about most any snake.

And then I moved to SE Oklahoma for a couple years and got better acquainted with the cottonmouth. And yeah, Fugg those things, most aggressive snakes I’ve ever seen. Way worse than your run of the mill rattler.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've seen them on the Broad River above Athens.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Havin democrat sex. Kill it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by TheKid
I grew up around rattlesnakes here which most of the time are pretty docile and just want to be let alone. We have very few cottonmouths this far west but I’d always heard how bad they were and attributed it to people exaggerating like they do about most any snake.

And then I moved to SE Oklahoma for a couple years and got better acquainted with the cottonmouth. And yeah, Fugg those things, most aggressive snakes I’ve ever seen. Way worse than your run of the mill rattler.

I agree, I've been struck by a rattler but I literally had to step on him. All others, really didnt care I was there, take that back, we had a small one once that charged us, he was maybe 2 ft long. Copperheads will stand their ground pretty good too. They can be pretty fiesty. We've had moccasins swim out to the boat and back just trying to make us leave. But when you walk up on one they just coil up and show that white mouth.

I think a lot of times people mistake a northern water snake for them. They are more aggressive than a cotton mouth in my experience. I cant stand those things. I had one try to climb into a kayak with me once.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Brokeback swamp.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by TheKid

I agree, I've been struck by a rattler but I literally had to step on him. All others, really didnt care I was there, take that back, we had a small one once that charged us, he was maybe 2 ft long. Copperheads will stand their ground pretty good too. They can be pretty fiesty. We've had moccasins swim out to the boat and back just trying to make us leave. But when you walk up on one they just coil up and show that white mouth.

I think a lot of times people mistake a northern water snake for them. They are more aggressive than a cotton mouth in my experience. I cant stand those things. I had one try to climb into a kayak with me once.

Those Northern water snakes are big brown nasty bastards.

Like you say, aggressive too. I had one get in a fish trap once when I was trying to catch perch for Flathead bait. He was dead when I got the trap up but I still had a hell of a time getting balls enough to get him out.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
The trick is to wait until they get their heads entangled just sooo... and pull the trigger. That's a two 'fer one shot!

You have any cottonmouths down there?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We do a lot of wading in he spring and alway keep a look out . They do swim at you with their heads up , thats a cotton mouth .

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Florida and Georgia have a lot of them! They are mean, aggressive, and they definitely will stand their ground!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (325wsm1, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.