Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Do the new 3-9 scopes with the new turret markings also have crisper clicks? Have a couple of the older ones, and while nice enough, clicks are mushy compared to a 6x. Thanks for any input.

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
nope, still mushy.

still the best hunting scope made.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
nope, still mushy.

🤣

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
nope, still mushy.

It's good value for the money if that is the type if hunting scope you want.

Scott
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
nope, still mushy.

That's a pretty big "if"

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by goalie
nope, still mushy.

That's a pretty big "if"

I have one but I like the Trijicon Credo 3-9 Mil-Square much better.

Scott
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree that it's a fantastic hunting scope. Glass way above it's price point and rock solid adjustments that many other brands just can't compete with. Outstanding value. Of course, like many, I'd like to see a capped windage and low profile elevation model, but it is what it is and they obviously don't have a hard time selling them as is.

I don't understand the overweening predilection for hard clicks. As long as the scope adjusts where it's supposed to,
which the SWFA certainly does, what's the real world difference?

I actually like the clicks on their HD scopes and hope they someday offer a 2-12HD based closely on their 1-6. I really like the 10 mil per rev turrets that can be run capped or uncapped. Makes them very versatile.

Last edited by Starbuck; 09/22/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I agree that it's a fantastic hunting scope. Glass way above it's price point and rock solid adjustments that many other brands just can't compete with. Outstanding value. Of course, like many, I'd like to see a capped windage and low profile elevation model, but it is what it is and they obviously don't have a hard time selling them as is.

I don't understand the overweening predilection for hard clicks. As long as the scope adjusts where it's supposed to,

I actually like the clicks on their HD scopes and hope they someday offer a 2-12HD based closely on their 1-6. I really like the 10 mil per rev turrets that can be run capped or uncapped. Makes them very versatile.

I like to be able to feel them without taking my eye out of the scope's eyebox. Adjust without looking.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

I like to be able to feel them without taking my eye out of the scope's eyebox. Adjust without looking.

Makes sense.

I generally dial after I range and before I get settled in for the shot, so I'm going more by sight than feel.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by goalie
nope, still mushy.

That's a pretty big "if"

Nah. Very small "if"....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Another poster here suggested a light smear of dielectric grease on the o-ring under the turret caps gives a better 'feel' to the adjustments. I tried that on both of mine (older and newer models) and agree it does make the clicks easier to feel. Also, spinning the adjustments from lock to lock a few times helps some as well. After doing both of the above, I don't have any trouble feeling the clicks while adjusting....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Don't you need to take your eyes off the scope to check your range card, or do you have it memorized? Also, I don't count clicks, I dial to a number. Much, much faster for me.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by cast10K

Don't you need to take your eyes off the scope to check your range card, or do you have it memorized? Also, I don't count clicks, I dial to a number. Much, much faster for me.

To not look at the numbers when you dial is asking for trouble. The only time I will dial is when the distance is far and known. If it is past MPBR, then you should be dialing or using a confirmed ballistic reticle. The last long range buck I shot required 10.2 moa of adjustment. You aren't going to keep your head down on the stock and count that many clicks, trust me. Its always going to be much faster and accurate if you dial up to required number. This is generally done after ranging your distance.. Just sayin.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having scopes with nice clicks leaves me wanting nice clicks on all my scopes. Simple as that.

For instance- who would WANT to go back to friction adjustments?

I am pretty happy with all my scopes but would I love my Leupolds and Burris even more if they had more precise feeling clicks? Hell yes.

It is a big part of what made me like my Meopta's and Weavers so well -and even a cheaper Hawke on my 10/22.

Seems such a fixable thing that ends up becoming a trade-off.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Clicks are overrated IMO. 3-9 has a weak point for my area and it isn’t the clicks.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I will take friction, they have worked fine for 50 plus years of hunting for me.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Could just use the reticle.

Scott
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Could just use the reticle.

Well, you could, but then why choose a scope with a towering turret?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Because it looks cool? I'm not a fan of exposed turrets unless they lock.

Scott
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Because it looks cool? I'm not a fan of exposed turrets unless they lock.

Yup, me too. And they don't need to be tall, if they cap the windage that's ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.