Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Originally Posted by Exchipy
483 views so far, and only 11 troublemakers (the same jerks as always). So, there may be as many as 472 members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges.

Either carry a 1911 or a Browning Hi Power with an empty chamber OR with a round in the chamber and the safety engaged and keep your booger hook of off the trigger. The half cock notch on the hammer is for catching the hammer if it follows the slide ONLY. It is NOT a safety position.

Yessir. That’s the word.

Every day’s an adventure.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
(the same jerks as always). .

You're still the same retard, why should we assign new jerks?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I love the "Dear Ann Landers" letters from imaginary people.

The OP wants so badly to to be a subject matter expert that he has resorted to this.

The whole "Sir I come to you on bended knee, the master of all things 1911 for your wise counsel" is so pathetically preposterous, its just sad.

It reeks of desperation.

LOL.

Desperate attention whore.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RufusG
(the same jerks as always). .

You're still the same retard, why should we assign new jerks?

LMAO

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Now 699 views so far, with only 12 troublemakers (the same jerks as always). So, there may be as many as 687 members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word along to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges by not trying to use the half-cock notch as an alternative to cocked and locked.

Nah, there's just the same 20-30 of us who keep coming back to see how the trainwreck is progressing. Your audience is much smaller than you assume, so you can get rid of your delusions of grandeur.

Last edited by UPhiker; 09/22/21.
IC B2

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Of the 904 who have viewed this thread so far, there are now 14 troublemakers, the same recognized jerks who always show up to clog threads on this topic with their drivel. I’m now told we could expect maybe 20-30 such jerks to interfere here. We’ll certainly know them when we see them.

Most appreciated are the many responsible members who have viewed this thread, and may be willing to pass the word along to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges by not trying to use the half-cock notch as an alternative to cocked and locked.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Speaking of half-cock...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Normally I'd be a looker, not a commenter.
You aren't worth the time.

But since you think not commenting,
is approving of your dumbass....

You are a idiot, your posts are stupid, and you need to keep your
mouth shut until you learn as much as you think you know.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DW06
More like 552 members just shaking their heads.

That describes me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of the 904 who have viewed this thread so far, there are now 14 troublemakers, the same recognized jerks who always show up to clog threads on this topic with their drivel.

Sir, I intend no discourtesy, but...

1. The number of views is NOT the number of unique viewers. 904 views could be 1 person clicking on the thread 904 times. Given your obsession with your own posts, it wouldn't be unreasonable to estimate that you, alone, are 100+ of the views. I will admit to being about 10 views. If other members similar in their appreciation of a good dumpster fire, you likely only have about 50 or so individuals who have clicked on this thread.

2. The people you label as "troublemakers" are largely the heart and soul of this sub-forum. While I will agree that a few members are just piling on in attempt to suck up to others, most are quite genuine in their belief that you are pretending to be more of an expert than you really are, AND that you are fabricating the supposed inquiries requesting your insights and "expertise." If you care, I am among the number who believe you are strangely in need of a following that you are not worthy of, and which does not exist. We all desire purpose and meaning; I would suggest that you go elsewhere to find yours.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Quite well said.

Thank you Waders.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow !

New to you pistol, and a 1911 ta-boot. Loading it in your rig, rack the slide, only to manually lower the hammer to the 1/2 cocked position (why)...Then you stuff in a mag. You then sweep your body, and pay an ugly price trying to put it out of sight.

Good god - Sell it and don’t buy another 1911

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Waders
Of the 904 who have viewed this thread so far, there are now 14 troublemakers, the same recognized jerks who always show up to clog threads on this topic with their drivel.

Sir, I intend no discourtesy, but...

1. The number of views is NOT the number of unique viewers. 904 views could be 1 person clicking on the thread 904 times. Given your obsession with your own posts, it wouldn't be unreasonable to estimate that you, alone, are 100+ of the views. I will admit to being about 10 views. If other members similar in their appreciation of a good dumpster fire, you likely only have about 50 or so individuals who have clicked on this thread.

2. The people you label as "troublemakers" are largely the heart and soul of this sub-forum. While I will agree that a few members are just piling on in attempt to suck up to others, most are quite genuine in their belief that you are pretending to be more of an expert than you really are, AND that you are fabricating the supposed inquiries requesting your insights and "expertise." If you care, I am among the number who believe you are strangely in need of a following that you are not worthy of, and which does not exist. We all desire purpose and meaning; I would suggest that you go elsewhere to find yours.

I don’t disagree with the basic concept of your first assertion, sir. But, if even fifty of the 1,210 views represent members having a genuine interest in informing the uninformed about the dangers of carrying a loaded 1911 on half-cock, this thread is worthwhile.

However, as to your second assertion, while I agree with your recognition of the crude attempts by suck-ups to curry favor with those they admire, if any of the troublemakers are seen as the heart and sole of this forum, it is at serious risk of being morally bankrupt. In addition, you are making an unwarranted assumption that the quoted inquiries were actually addressed to me. Lastly, unlike some of the troublemakers, I am seeking results, not a following.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What results?

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SargeMO
What results?

The informing of the uninformed about the dangers of carrying a loaded 1911 on half-cock. But, as I recall from comments you made elsewhere, you have no interest in doing that, as you do not see it as your responsibility.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Everyone on this board is sick of your monkeyshines.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Waders
a few members are just piling on in attempt to suck up to others

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Aight let's see here...John Moses Browning and 128 patents vs some internet person. I've only been shooting 1911's for 31 years and yet to shoot myself or anything else I didn't want shot by following the 4 rules of firearms safety. Maybe it's you?

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SargeMO
What results?

The informing of the uninformed about the dangers of carrying a loaded 1911 on half-cock. But, as I recall from comments you made elsewhere, you have no interest in doing that, as you do not see it as your responsibility.

You seem know a lot of people who shot themselves with 1911s and survived it. You might be able to sign them up.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

This just in, while we’ve been gabbing:

“I have contacted you because my [ ] 1911 45 acp mis fired and went off by its self at around 1:30 am on 9/18/2021 and caused damage to my antique cabinet wall my iPhone AirPods and one of the small trinkets inside the cabinet. After it went off me my wife and son were looking for the spent round and didn’t find it anywhere until I checked the gun at that time I seen that the slide was still locked so I unlocked it and checked the chamber and seen that the empty shell was still in the chamber. …”

It’s always more difficult to figure out just what went wrong when the guy doesn’t speak the language.

OK, I'd like to know, did you get this story from Biden or Piglosi?! The above 1911 "went off by its self" ??
Are you using the same drugs as the idiot that wrote the above?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (41rem, 808outdoors, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 18 invisible), 1,964 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,707
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.