Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A BCD can only given after a special or general court martial. All other lesser discharges are administrative. Most of the time, or it used to be so, an Other than Honorable was a Chapter 10. That is a discharge in lieu of court martial. It’s basically a plea bargain where one leaves the army before a court martial. It isn’t any sort of conviction and mainly affects one’s status with future veteran’s benefits.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/24/21.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
(a) In General.—
Subject to section 817 of this title (article 17), special courts-martial have jurisdiction to try persons subject to this chapter for any noncapital offense made punishable by this chapter and, under such regulations as the President may prescribe, for capital offenses. Special courts-martial may, under such limitations as the President may prescribe, adjudge any punishment not forbidden by this chapter except death, dishonorable discharge, dismissal, confinement for more than one year, hard labor without confinement for more than three months, forfeiture of pay exceeding two-thirds pay per month, or forfeiture of pay for more than one year.
(b) Additional Limitation.—
Neither a bad-conduct discharge, nor confinement for more than six months, nor forfeiture of pay for more than six months may be adjudged if charges and specifications are referred to a special court-martial consisting of a military judge alone under section 816(c)(2)(A) of this title (article 16(c)(2)(A)).

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well hanging seems suitable. Just tell God he died

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Vice President Joe Biden's son was booted from the Navy Reserve because he tested positive for drugs, it was revealed on Thursday.

A U.S. official told NBC News that Hunter Biden was kicked out of the Reserve earlier this year after he failed a drug test.

The official said Biden failed the test in 2013, but he was not kicked out until Feb. 14 of this year. Senior U.S. officials told NBC News that Biden, 44, tested positive for cocaine. The Wall Street Journal first reported the incident.

According to one official, Biden’s dismissal from the Naval Reserves was not made public "because he was treated like any other sailor who fails a drug test and is thrown out of the Navy." The official said the services do not routinely report such cases.
Recommended
#MeToo Reckoning

Hunter Biden, who is married with three kids, issued a statement Thursday evening through his lawyer, saying: "It was the honor of my life to serve in the US Navy, and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge. I respect the Navy's decision. With the love and support of my family, I'm moving forward."

Biden was commissioned in the Navy Reserves in 2012 as an Ensign and was pursuing a public affairs track. He had to get a waiver because of his age at the time of his commissioning.

Last edited by Huntz; 09/24/21.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.