Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fuggin' chiner.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I expect a colder than normal winter in Texas maybe as cold as we had last year and predict we'll have the same problems we had last year. One of the big problems we had in Texas (besides wind energy) was that our brilliant state government used a contractor to provide generators for the plants that pumped natural gas to the electricity providers. The contractors didn't have enough generators and I'd bet that the state is still using the same contractor. Every natural gas plant should have their own generator. According to a very credible climate scientist (don't remember his name) we should have several decades of cooler than normal weather.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've always been against exporting our energy (Oil/gas) as a matter of strategic and national security. Maybe allow a small quota to our allies and as a tool to use as a diplomatic carrot, but otherwise what's found here, stays here.

The recent negative rulings on some of the pipelines throughout the US and from Canada to the gulf coast, won't be helping the long term natural gas prices. But, that's by design from the current administration.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Maybe Biden is in cahoots with China? LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
get buck strickland on the horn pronto

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I signed up for the budget plan several months back. Fixed price on the first 900 gallons. It went from 1.89 last year to 1.99 this year. I have no doubt it is higher now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by jwp475

Y'all can thank a Biden voter for the higher prices

And the non-voters.

And the rigged Dominion machines.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
So whats the excuse the liberals will use for this one. Gas going up was due to demand they say. LP was still used if people stayed home. I dont see a huge spike of demand over 2020. Matter of fact we are getting warming and the climate change should reduce he demand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You see all the chinese around biden? Those are his advisors from the #CCP.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

About 4 weeks ago we filled our tank @ $1.72/gal. Just under 600 gallons.......we’re set for a while! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dumdum

The U.S. propane storage inventory going into the coming winter is very low. Weekly inventory builds going into storage have been very low this year due to multiple causes:

1) mask mandates/social distancing/restricted restaurant seating leading to much more backyard BBQing, cooking at home, outdoor restaurant dining with propane space heaters sucked up propane that normally would have gone into storage

2) Canada has completed one or two pipelines to their Pacific coast and is now shipping nat gas/propane to China. This is product that normally would go to U.S. midwest.

3) Hurricane Ida shut down quite a bit of Gulf oil/gas production and refining. Last I heard there is still a lot shut down.

4) Big increase in propane exports to China .et .al in the last few years to be used as feedstock for plastics manufacuring (PVC, etc). So far they have been price insensitive, willing to pay whatever is needed to get it. I think more than half of U.S. propane production is exported now, whereas 20 years ago very little was shipped out.

If I remember correctly, the wholesale commodity price of propane has gone from something like $0.27/gal in Jan/Feb 2021 to about $1.26/gal now.

The poop will hit the fan this winter if it is extra cold.

Look at the current U.S. oil/gas/propane situation at: www.eia.gov/special/heatingfuels/resources/Propane_Briefing.pdf

We paid almost exactly a dollar more this year over last.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was an engineer with a natural gas company. The US has a 47 year supply in Alaska drilled, and capped off. Why, is because they wanted to run a pipeline via the Alaska Highway to tie into Canada's system to transport it to the lower 48. The environmentalists stopped it, even though is was going to run parallel to the Alaska Highway which is already cut and traveled by truckers and tourists in the summer. Makes no sense.

We have an estimated 200 year supply in the lower 48 that needs to be drilled and fracked to extract it. We also have a 200 year supply of shale oil, but it is all on government land out west. We also have an 800 year supply of coal. We can make synthetic oil and gasoline from coal if we wanted too. The environmentalists and liberals have stopped most all mining and drilling now.

Another tid bit. There is enough lithium in the California mountains to make every car in America electric. Again, can't mine it. Elon Musk is mining lithium for his electric car batteries in Nevada.

So no matter what you do, some people are going to be offended. Environmentalists are complaining about wind mills killing birds and looking ugly when they look offshore where they are building some.

Elon Musk also said that a 100 mile by 100 mile array of solar panels put in the Nevada, New Mexico, or Utah desert could power the entire US in the daytime and have power left over to store somehow for night use if enough batteries banks could be built.

Another tid bit. Exxon can make synthetic oil and gas out of algae oil grown in greenhouses that would only cover an area the size of Rhode Island. However, this oil would cost about $4 a gallon to produce. So, that is not cost effective yet, but the algae would take CO2 out of the atmosphere, but burning it would put it right back, so it is "carbon neutral".

Lots of stuff being worked on, but ALL energy sources should be on the table, not just "green energy", in order to keep consumer costs down.

Musk also has worked out a way called the Sabatier process, developed by a French chemist to make natural gas for rocket fuel out of CO2 from the air and water. It is slow and requires electricity to split the CO2 into carbon and oxygen and split the water into hydrogen and oxygen. The oxygen is liquified to put into the rocket and the carbon and hydrogen are combined to make natural gas or methane, which is also liquified for rocket fuel.

I think solar panels should be on roofs, on top of buildings, and built over parking lots all around the country to provide daytime electrical needs. WInd energy should be designed to not kill birds, especially migratory birds. They have designed vertical windmills. Any excess electricity could be used to make synthetic natural gas to run generators at night using the Sabatier process. This might be better than trying to manufacture batteries. Excess gas could be pumped back into dry wells or liquified for night use.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by papat
2.10 a gallon today. More than I have paid for some time.

You must be new to the propane world. Everyone knows to buy in July/August. I paid 1.25 in July.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Take a look at exports to Japan, China, Mexico and Korea. https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/PET_MOVE_EXPC_A_EPLLPA_EEX_MBBLPD_M.htm

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Excerp from:

https://www.barchart.com/story/news/2461058/can-you-say-crisis-the-energy-report-09242021

“We warned about propane inventories yesterday. They are 21% below the five-year average and we may see shortages of supplies. When winter comes rolling in, there’s going to be a huge competition for pipeline space. Refiners desperately need butane to add to their winter blends of gasoline versus propane buyers that will need supply to sell to distributors. However it plays out, the one thing we know for sure, it’s going to be very expensive. “

Propane dealers (that sell directly to end users like homeowners and farmers) have been strongly encouraged to pre-fill/top up everybody’s tank possible ASAP to avoid the coming winter pipeline congestion/competition.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 63 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.