Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by robertham1
I’d probably be labeled as a millennial hoarder, but I blame the boomer hoarders every chance I get.

And I'm stuck between you 2 groups.. Damn...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I’d probably be labeled as a millennial hoarder, but I blame the boomer hoarders every chance I get.

Bsa..
Don’t worry about this guy.. those orange dots might as well be wearing a chastity belt cause he ain’t hittin it

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Bsa..
Don’t worry about this guy.. those orange dots might as well be wearing a chastity belt cause he ain’t hittin it

LOL. That was the laugh of the night. Thanks. We both know he's going to do damn well..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to laugh at people who call me boomer- I finally figured out they were trying to insult me or hurt my feelers, but I just puff out my chest and own it- big time.... wink it took me a long time to attain boomer status and I'm not giving it up easily....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm not sure if I'm a boomer or not, but if I am, I'm not shooting any darn targets with my hoarded ammo. Now if I'm not, I'm in. LOL

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As you should. We’re terrible people. Some of us even have pensions….

BTW, the preferred term is Boomer-Hoarder. We’re very close to achieving hate-group status. The SPLC has its eye on us.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Glad to be a Boomer - the last generation to enjoy the real America. (29cent gas, 50cent .22 ammo, and $5 hookers.)😁

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Stop hoarding the $5 hookers!

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Boomer hoarder here. I’ve got mine so take that emeffers. 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

All my hoarding is from my millenial days................

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You hoarders pull out some of those bucket o bullets from under your beds and go shoot some of them.. grin

BSA MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Question from a newbe in this (rabbits and squirrels here) when using the higher quality ammunition like SK and such, all seemingly lubed, should the barrel be clean before proceeding? I have never been one to clean my rimfire barrels much at all.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ed.. I’m not over the top about cleaning my rimfire barrels but I don’t wholly neglect them either. Every once in a while I will give them a good scrubbing and you would be surprised how much gray comes out

Since you’re starting fresh and the point of this shoot leans towards finer accuracy I would run a brush back and forth several times so you have a clean barrel as a base.

Every bit as important is to shoot 10-20 rounds of your SK to coat/season your bore before you shoot the targets. It does make a difference

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I’ll jump in on this shoot. Looks like a lot of fun. If I get time I’ll try to do it this weekend. I’ve got a rifle I think will do pretty well for the job.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
OK I got out today and took four rifles - 3 which I am pretty familiar with and a newer one that has a few "kinks" I need to address. What I learned though from this experience is ALL my rifle shoot far better than I do! This is much harder than I thought - I do a lot of freehand shooting but not much benchrest stuff and 20-shot groups are not something I have really ever done - so it was very humbling! Also learned wind is not my friend! Anyway the range I used is one on the lease I hunt on, in the woods and it ranges exactly at 50yds
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I shot the 40X walnut sporter first with Lapua Mater L.

It did pretty well and the last shot on the bottom right I might have gotten anxious wink and ended up 95.

Next was the newer 40X-KS that I haven't shot much and I need to find an ammo it really likes - I used Wolf Match Extra

Had it's moments - final score 75 (disregard the fact that I can't count - marked 80 on the target!!).

Next rifle was a custom 540X that I picked up (barrel and action) from Spook1 here on the fire that I stocked - still fairly new and it could also likely benefit from better ammo - used SK Standard.

Ended up at 90 here (if you let me count the bottom right one - line licker there grin))

Last rifle was a Cooper 57M - had to use three rounds from a different lot of ammo because I didn't bring enough (I've got a million excuses!!) - also SK Standard

Also a 90

Had a great time and hopefully I can get out and try some more .22s - It will be very beneficial in figuring out ammo lots, sight setting, and general getting to know the rifles.

Last edited by PennDog; 09/25/21.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Awesome shooting penndog!! Some purty rifles too. I was hoping someone would shoot this with some Remington 40's and Coopers. Thanks for posting buddy.. Oh, and I say you got a 90 with your custom 540.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks BSA but based on your shooting I had better go find a Savage!!! I do want to get a couple of oldies but goodies out - a Remingston 513s, a Mossberg 42M, a Winchester 75 sporter, a BRNO 1, a Mauser 201 and an Anschutz 1422 (plus a couple of levers that have all been pretty good to me in the squirrel woods).

Thanks for setting this up - I needed some shooting therapy!!
PennDog

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PennDog
Thanks BSA but based on your shooting I had better go find a Savage!!! I do want to get a couple of oldies but goodies out - a Remingston 513s, a Mossberg 42M, a Winchester 75 sporter, a BRNO 1, a Mauser 201 and an Anschutz 1422 (plus a couple of levers that have all been pretty good to me in the squirrel woods).

Thanks for setting this up - I needed some shooting therapy!!
PennDog

Ha ha. My savage does alright, but it was originally an iron sight target rifle, so I expect it to shoot well:

Here's how it does with its factory irons at 50 yards:
I ran out of Norma match, or I'd be trying it in this event. I'll be on the lookout for some other good ammo to try in this rifle.

Eventually I want to buy a good shooting Cooper like yours. Those are beautiful rifles. Anyone would be proud to own any of the rifles you posted. My savage is ugly, but it does shoot well. ha ha.. I look forward to seeing more rifles and targets from you, if you care to show them. I'm betting they all shoot well. Especially the Mossberg and Anschutz. Again, awesome shooting! Extremely well done. I'm glad you shared with us. Thanks!!

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
BSA - any rifle that shoots like that is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I love taking that Mossberg or Norinco JW-15 to shoots (especially when there’ll be a lot of younger shooters) and listen to the snickers and then “woop up” on them with those ugly old guns😁! I’ve spent a life time accumulating.22s that are know to shoot good and try any use them often as I can for squirrels (I like to squirrel hunt more than any other kind of hunting). I will definitely try and get some more shooting in before the weather turns colder and I need to chase those squirrels!

Thanks again,
PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 09/25/21.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PennDog
BSA - any rifle that shoots like that is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I love taking that Mossberg or Norinco JW-15 to shoots (especially when there’ll be a lot of younger shooters) and listen to the snickers and then “woop up” on them with those ugly old guns😁! I’ve spent a life time accumulating.22s that are know to shoot good and try any use them often as I can for squirrels (I like to squirrel hunt more than any other kind of hunting). I will definitely try and get some more shooting in before the weather turns colder and I need to chase those squirrels!

Thanks again,
PennDog

Amen buddy. Keep shooting those beauties like that and the squirrels aren't going to have a chance!!

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.