Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27

No it isn’t. You obviously have very strongly moral and ethical feelings about child molestation and child molesters. If you were a child molester would you want some form of mercy? Would you expect to be killed right away? Would you kill yourself?

I don’t think we can ever fully grasp what a gift true repentance really is in this life.

Anyone who thinks it’s just a matter of speaking words or reading a prayer is hopelessly ignorant and/or obtuse.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jesus saves sinners, ALL sinners, and that includes child molesters, rapists, and murderers (as despicable as they are to us). The good news is that no one is beyond the grace of God (Romans 3:24-26). There is NO man which sinneth not (1 Chronicles 6:36).

We are all sinners saved by grace alone and not of ourselves. All of us are depraved and sinful. Even after accepting Jesus as our Lord, we are still sinful and depraved and still sin through commission and omission. There is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10-12).

We can only be saved by God’s grace and mercy through His free gift of Jesus. Then we trust in God’s forgiveness, His righteously, and eternal life through Jesus. When we accept truly accept Jesus in our hearts, we are forgiven of our sins.

For He has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and He has brought us into the kingdom of His son, Jesus. God has purchased our freedom with His blood and has forgiven all our sins (Colossians 1:13-14).

In Him we have redemption through His blood, forgiveness of sins, according to His riches in glory (Ephesians 1:7).

Jesus came to save sinners, and the minute we stop being a sinner, we will cease to need His grace. We will always be sinners in this life, but we are saved by the mercy and grace of Jesus.

When we were dead in our sins and in the uncircumcision of our sinful nature, God made us alive in Christ. He forgave all our sins, took them away, and nailed them to the cross (Colossians 2:13-15). Scripture didn’t say some sins. Scripture says ALL sins.

I thank God for knowing in advance I can never be good enough or perfect enough in this life, and I thank Him for saving me from my sins. Our human 3-d brains can’t begin to fathom saving a child molester, murderer, abortionist, or rapist anymore than we can fathom sacrificing our only son for the sins of the entire human race.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Folks, God's thoughts are not our thoughts & his ways are different than ours thankfully. Forgiveness is not in short supply with God. He did say though, except you repent you shall all likewise perish.

Romans 5:1
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by efw

No it isn’t. You obviously have very strongly moral and ethical feelings about child molestation and child molesters. If you were a child molester would you want some form of mercy? Would you expect to be killed right away? Would you kill yourself?

I don’t think we can ever fully grasp what a gift true repentance really is in this life.

Anyone who thinks it’s just a matter of speaking words or reading a prayer is hopelessly ignorant and/or obtuse.

We certainly don’t. I used to think that I did. Then I understood that following the Law wasn’t a means to being a better person, Christian Or gaining a higher righteousness. The law condemns us.

The origin of this thread seems steeped in a personal form of the law as a way of being more moral or righteous than Christians and God himself.

Sad thing, as I see it, whether Christianity or a self made religion, using the Law or a law does nothing other than dehumanize our neighbors and make them primarily objects that we use to become more holy, righteous, morally superior, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It’s surprising to me how many people here have such a limited understanding of basic Christian doctrine. God’s teaching is clear that all men can be forgiven and saved. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t seek out punishment on earth. We absolutely should and the Bible teaches that as well. However anyone that turns from their wicked ways repents with true sincerity and turns to God and his commandments will be saved. That doesn’t mean that they won’t suffer the consequences of their actions such as life in prison here on earth.

As was asked above is person that commits adult rape capable of salvation? How about first degree murder? How about manslaughter?Which of us mortals can be so arrogant as to think that we get to draw the line or know what it is. What if one of the people above came from a horrible home life themself full of abuse Vs. someone that commits a crime but had a great childhood is there a sliding scale for that? God’s teaching are beyond clear and something that I thought more people understood. Only God knows a mans heart and rather or not he’s truly remorseful and sought forgiveness from God. If he has and follows Gods commandments he’s saved. If he isn’t or doesn’t than he’s not.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Boomer needs a puppy. Bad.

Back to the pulpit.

Pup on the way. If anyone fuucks it in the ass, they're irredeemable as well.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/26/21.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Happy Sunday. Just home from the Church of NO CHIT and thought I'd share.

If you were a child rapist would you want forgiveness?

That's gotta be the dumbest muthetfuucking thing anyone has posted in this thread so far. Congratulations.

Dumbphyuckery +P. At least let some of the less stupid people reply.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by efw

Hmmm. Degrees of sin. LOL if there's not degrees of sin in your religion, then your religion is stupid. WORD.

Yer free to believe that I don’t mind.

So murdering millions of innocent people is a sin and the same as cheating on your wife?

In some religions fuucking little boys in the ass is akin to eating too much cake. Sin is sin.. Thinking Catholics possibly? Seems idiotic to me, obviously.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/26/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by kingston
Boomer, I think you need to talk to someone.
A deeply troubled man.

LOL

Troubled by the seemingly perpetual acceptance of pedophiles as redeemable by the likes of some of our 'Christian' folk, then yes... Of course you view it through the teaching and experiences you've had... Because your religion says this or that (I assume), don't make it fact, it is a belief, personal belief and group belief that has been taught. Nothing more, nothing less. From what I have seen of you, you are a GoodGuy. Keep it up.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/26/21. Reason: Typos and intent

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think the folks who taught you that, were taught that, by folks who were taught who were incorrect, etc.... There is no salvation for child fuuckers. To think so is idiotic, no matter how it is supposedly supported by the script...

Thanks for the input though. Like efw, I figure you are a good guy who's doing his best despite his religion.

Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Jesus saves sinners, ALL sinners, and that includes child molesters, rapists, and murderers (as despicable as they are to us). The good news is that no one is beyond the grace of God (Romans 3:24-26). There is NO man which sinneth not (1 Chronicles 6:36).

We are all sinners saved by grace alone and not of ourselves. All of us are depraved and sinful. Even after accepting Jesus as our Lord, we are still sinful and depraved and still sin through commission and omission. There is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10-12).

We can only be saved by God’s grace and mercy through His free gift of Jesus. Then we trust in God’s forgiveness, His righteously, and eternal life through Jesus. When we accept truly accept Jesus in our hearts, we are forgiven of our sins.

For He has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and He has brought us into the kingdom of His son, Jesus. God has purchased our freedom with His blood and has forgiven all our sins (Colossians 1:13-14).

In Him we have redemption through His blood, forgiveness of sins, according to His riches in glory (Ephesians 1:7).

Jesus came to save sinners, and the minute we stop being a sinner, we will cease to need His grace. We will always be sinners in this life, but we are saved by the mercy and grace of Jesus.

When we were dead in our sins and in the uncircumcision of our sinful nature, God made us alive in Christ. He forgave all our sins, took them away, and nailed them to the cross (Colossians 2:13-15). Scripture didn’t say some sins. Scripture says ALL sins.

I thank God for knowing in advance I can never be good enough or perfect enough in this life, and I thank Him for saving me from my sins. Our human 3-d brains can’t begin to fathom saving a child molester, murderer, abortionist, or rapist anymore than we can fathom sacrificing our only son for the sins of the entire human race.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by efw

We certainly don’t. I used to think that I did. Then I understood that following the Law wasn’t a means to being a better person, Christian Or gaining a higher righteousness. The law condemns us.

The origin of this thread seems steeped in a personal form of the law as a way of being more moral or righteous than Christians and God himself.

Sad thing, as I see it, whether Christianity or a self made religion, using the Law or a law does nothing other than dehumanize our neighbors and make them primarily objects that we use to become more holy, righteous, morally superior, etc.

You seem like a brainwashed simpleton. The exact type I started this thread for. Thanks.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Boomer,

Do you believe the Bible?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The reason I ask is that I posted two detailed teachings from the Bible. If you want an opinion, it *might* get you a cup of coffee. Below are four valuable links that should answer your questions thoroughly.....from God's Word.

Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I have posted sermons, on this forum, by various preachers who provided the clearest answers from the Bible that I have ever heard on the subject.

The first one got more hate and trolling than any Bible.thumping thread since I joined. I hit a nerve with those who didn't like me posting anything against the John Wayne Gay-zees.

For anyone who wishes to learn what God's Word says about the subject, I will post a two part study and more to follow if there is interest.

I find that the first message to listen to is one, or both, of the brief ones in the signature links at the bottom.
This will make the full Part 1&2 sermons make sense.

Part 1
https://bannedpreaching.com/videos/Verity/Psychopath_Reprobates_Part1.mp4

Part 2
https://bannedpreaching.com/videos/Verity/Psychopath_Reprobates_Part2.mp4

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/26/21.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
"Ohh, sorry I buttraped that child. I totally take Jesus as my savior...."
"No problem." said Satan

Your religion is a construct of man no doubt? IMO, if what you are saying is a fair representation of what they intended, there must have been powerful pedophiles amongst them throughout the years for such nonsense to remain.

Interesting. Good luck with your religion. No doubt you are a Good Guy and I appreciate your input...

Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It’s surprising to me how many people here have such a limited understanding of basic Christian doctrine. God’s teaching is clear that all men can be forgiven and saved. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t seek out punishment on earth. We absolutely should and the Bible teaches that as well. However anyone that turns from their wicked ways repents with true sincerity and turns to God and his commandments will be saved. That doesn’t mean that they won’t suffer the consequences of their actions such as life in prison here on earth.

As was asked above is person that commits adult rape capable of salvation? How about first degree murder? How about manslaughter?Which of us mortals can be so arrogant as to think that we get to draw the line or know what it is. What if one of the people above came from a horrible home life themself full of abuse Vs. someone that commits a crime but had a great childhood is there a sliding scale for that? God’s teaching are beyond clear and something that I thought more people understood. Only God knows a mans heart and rather or not he’s truly remorseful and sought forgiveness from God. If he has and follows Gods commandments he’s saved. If he isn’t or doesn’t than he’s not.

--- Kid Rock 2022

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

This was the line of reasoning that lead to the original question which MB obviously is avoiding.

Which points to the truth of IZH27’s assertions above.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
This is out of my wheelhouse, and everyone else’s for that matter. Only the Good Lord gets to decide this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do think we crave grace most when our guilt is exposed, but we’re hesitant to extend it when we’re confronted with the guilt of others. When we’re on the receiving end of it, grace is fortifying. But when it’s required of us, it’s often troublesome.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers
I do think we crave grace most when our guilt is exposed, but we’re hesitant to extend it when we’re confronted with the guilt of others. When we’re on the receiving end of it, grace is fortifying. But when it’s required of us, it’s often troublesome.

Yep; brings out the Pharisee hiding in us all…

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

You’re quite possibly the stupidest Fugker on the internet, and with Happy Camper in contention, that’s saying something. Congratulations!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you, or your religion, teaches that God would consider forgiveness to child rapists, then yes absolutely I am saying you are an idiot and your your religion stupid. It's really that simple.

It's NOT any man's place to tell God who is or is not worthy of salvation!
None of us are worthy of salvation we are ALL sinners and, on our own, are worthy of nothing more than condemnation.
"By grace alone are you saved and not of works, lest any man should boast "

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (204guy, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 59 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.