-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fixed a a small clunk noise in my wife's pickup. Front cv was getting loose, then I noticed the brakes rotors looked pretty checked so it got new brakes and rotors. I was supposed to go do some shooting.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Today’s the first day I’ve had off in 2 weeks, been pulling 10 hour or more shifts at that. Big overhaul at the electricity factory. Back to the grind tomorrow at 0500.

You can put me squarely at the bottom of the fun list Sam as I’ve been climbing and crawling on and inside oil tanks, air intakes, and exhaust outlets pulling pumps and motors and reworking piping and valves. One thing it all has in common is that it’s dirty and hot.

I did go dove hunting yesterday evening, got 4. And went on walk about in the hills this evening looking at deers and other wildlife.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did a 22.5 mile trek in the mountains on Monday. Took me 9 hours. 3,000 feet of vertical elevation gain in the first 5 miles alone. I never saw another human. Lotta steep and rugged terrain. The weather was perfect. It got cloudier as the day went on. I'm gonna be 61 in April.[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]Way up in North Cheyenne Canyon. [Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com] On the ridge between Bear Creek Canyon and North Cheyenne Canyon. [Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]Looking North from the Mt.Rosa saddle. Almagre in the foreground, Pike’s in the background.

Livin' out here is like being on a fitness vacation and a spiritual journey all at once.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the replies, very good.

G, you might be in the lead!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Saturday and Sunday was easy, bale hay in the morning and dink off in the afternoon.

You did what to your dink?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sam Olson: Fished, shot some guns, Hunted Varmints, shot some guns, attended a gunshow, shot some guns, Hunted Hungarian Partridge, shot some guns, chased collector guns, shot some guns, cleaned new guns, shot some guns, hosted out of town guest, shot some guns, killed some flying Varmints, shot some guns, chased ammo, shot some guns, scouted for Antelope and shot some more guns.
I found four boxes of pistol ammo for a friend and found reloading powder for two different friends - not much luck at all for me in finding the only ammunition I am a tad short on and that is the Hornady 17 grain 17 HMR V-Max ammo.
Only have one years supply of this on hand.
Great fall week with great weather, and NO SMOKE much of the week, here in SW Montana
I somehow want to blame this ammo shortage/high prices on china joe biden!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've been horribly busy doing mechanic work. Tough time putting a rear end in a recliner through the weekend.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Antlers, I missed that, nice!

Gentlemen, are we ever bored?

Nope.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Monday, brought our travel trailer back from our 6 week salmon fishing vacation on the Oregon coast and did a thorough top to bottom cleaning on it on Tuesday. Did the same to the Dodge PU. Wednesday and Saturday, brought in and stacked 4 cords of madrone fire wood. Thursday, put all the camping and fishing gear away and did a good look over on the boat. Friday was shopping day in town - first in 20 days. Today was major push day as rain is forecast tonight and tomorrow. Brought in rest of fire wood and picked 400 lbs of apples. Picked the last of our tomatoes and did a little herbicide work on the blackberries.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Found this guy Friday night. My brother and my 11 year old helped pack him out the next day. God I love this time of year. 😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I started the week by closing an acquisition for a long-time client (my for-profit lawyer work, something I don't really enjoy but it pays a lot better than the non-profit work, which I very much enjoy). To unwind from that multi-month deal, I took off for the cabin with a bunch of ammo and did a lot of shooting.

Then I had to come back to California for some family stuff and today I was at my dad's headstone, just installed a few weeks back, to visit and take care of important work. We have a family tradition of planting things at graves and garlic is one of the must-haves. So I dug out the grass in the planter part of the headstone and planted garlic, onions (Walla Walla sweets, his favorite), black radishes and wildflowers. And, of course, I prayed at his grave.

I then had to get the second Chinese Virus shot so I could visit my mom, and stopped by to visit her at the nursing home. I don't get sick much, and I'm already getting the nasty body aches from the second shot. The upside is that I was able to stop in Oakland on the way back from the cemetery and picked up some cannabis products at my favorite dispensary.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Therapy on Tues, Thurs and Fri on my knee ,pulled a tendon now I get to spend 3 afternoons a week with a cute 30 something painmaster Got a Remington 700 that I need to grind out and replace the extractor and a Remington model 11 to clean that I think I might be the 1st guy to take it apart since it was built darn thing is nasty got it apart an soaking in Ed's red ,will scrub it this week

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Point in fact. ONF

Near 300,000 acres.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Standing dead timber?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Long week, about 10 days.... Toured from home to Rigby ID, to Grand Rapids MI via Brownells in Iowa. 2am delivery joy. Bought kid a guitar. Went to Romeoville IL (SW Chicagoland). Stranded for about 45 hours due to customer's error. Then went to LaCrosse WI got a load of fresh White Claw for the Great Falls boys. Moved around a couple of local loads. Home Thursday afternoon. F'd off mostly. Organizing storage and tools... Picked up a rifle bought a couple of weeks ago. Had emergency tooth extraction yesterday, and yes I did whine and cry like a bitch... Felt horrendous, like a nail through the gums, jaw and up into my eyeball. Prolly for sinning in my youth.

New week starts tomorrow. Idaho spuds to Atlanta turn around and back by next Monday, hopefully.

Pains me to hear how rough a year it's been out there.

You should have said something when you were in GR. Bob and I would have taken you out for a meal.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saturday I drank all afternoon at a celebration of life for a friend who passed from Covid. Owen was 57 and had the J&J jab. Then Sunday slightly hungover I started going through my gear for my four day predator hunt coming up soon.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read this thread a couple times. Felt bad for all the work and effort you all put in without enough rest...

So, I took several naps in honor of your fine accomplishments.

Great job, gents !

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Worked too hard all week. Had truck and trailer loaded, so left out at 6 pm Friday for duck camp.

Up early, pumped 4 pits, put two skid blinds out, brushed 3 pits with stubble, cut 5 trailer loads of oak for brush for various standing blinds. Also pressure washed 25 dozen decoys. Still have a bunch to do but it was a good 2 days. Weather was good. Everything is dry, which made logistics easy.

Had a hard drive home tonight. I was beat.

Didn't break much. Old pair of muck boots finally started leaking. Other than that, everything survived my attempt to break it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by elkchsr
Found this guy Friday night. My brother and my 11 year old helped pack him out the next day. God I love this time of year. 😎

Fantastic. Congrats.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by ironbender
Point in fact. ONF

Near 300,000 acres.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Standing dead timber?

Yes. Burned.

Really wastes the roots and they blow down across the trail. Only had three that had to be cut, as they were too big/high for horses to step over. We have tall, long-legged horses, too. Also, in areas where it wasn’t possible to leave the trail to ride around them.

Probably 50 or more that could be negotiated over or around, in 11 miles.

Not to worry though. The KNWR had their trail crew out all summer long and “cleared” that trail.

Count on the .gov to help.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is that lodgepole, larch, or some sort of fir?

That first pic you posted looked like there was a decent amount of moose browse grown back up. Maybe a benefit one day?

Is that forest naturally a pecker pole forest, or is it like many down here, logged over long ago and never thinned?

The horse trekking looks fun, sure can carry a lot more than my aching back wink

The rest of y'all done some stuff for sure.

Me, not much, got the few good cabbages picked, dog walks, visiting a friend in town then he came by here, some clean up started for the fall. Any more than that and I can't remember it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,278
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.