Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For those of you that have already had it and beat it, did it take you a while to get your feet back under you, physically? I had the bug earlier this month and it felt about like a half-strength flu, but I've noticed that my endurance is now down quite a bit. Some others I know have said the same about their dealings with it. I went out Saturday morning and ran a pole-saw and brushcutter for about 3 hours straight and was totally gassed, like had to sit down for a couple of hours gassed. Heart rate was up while I was working and took a pretty long time to go back down. Felt like I wasn't quite getting the last 10% of my air when I was breathing hard. I may be a bit more out of shape from laying around during 10 days of quarantine, but this is different. Short-burst strength seems okay, but the sustained effort is what has taken a hit. Can't say I've run into those effects with the flu in the past, especially two weeks after going back to work. I imagine it'll work out fine in time, but it's an interesting (and irritating) effect.

Now with even more aplomb

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Took about 2 months to get endurance back. Try walking at least a few miles a day

Continued long hauler protocol after covid

Used this to help strengthen lungs back

https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Care-...engthener&qid=1632759286&sr=8-12

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
From my experience it took awhile before I felt halfway descent. Three months after I was doing some trimming with a pole saw. Told the wife I needed to go sit down made it to the chair on the porch. Next thing I know wife is on the phone with EMT's said I scared her when I passed out. I still watch what I do (70 yr old).

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ribka
Took about 2 months to get endurance back. Try walking at least a few miles a day

I would convert that into a bong

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
@jpro I’m in my third week back to work after being off for two weeks with the bug

I had a setback in the first week and had to restart it felt

I’m still dragging, just feel gassed after not much work

Motivation and endurance are both shot still

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by alibi
@jpro I’m in my third week back to work after being off for two weeks with the bug

continue vit D at least 15k iu every day, quercetin, zinc, bit C , NAC, ivermectin. All OTC, cheap, very safe, and it works

Don't understand why Americans not more interested in your own health

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Was down with what I assume was the ‘Rona right before it became a thing and my lung capacity is not what it was prior.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JPro
For those of you that have already had it and beat it, did it take you a while to get your feet back under you, physically? I had the bug earlier this month and it felt about like a half-strength flu, but I've noticed that my endurance is now down quite a bit. .

I had it in the last week of December 2019 and the early part of January 2020. Yes, my endurance was way down through most of that entire year (I started felling stronger in late summer, early fall, of 2020). I also had no appetite for most of that year, and lost 30 pounds. I wasn't trying to lose weight. I just had no appetite. But my endurance was way down. I got winded just walking short distances for a while, long after I beat the virus.

Mine was also like a flu, but including severe shoulder pain in both shoulders. That part took a while to go away, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m 6+ months post covid diagnosis. I’m still having serious issues with my breathing. I have no stamina or endurance compared to pre wuhan. I did a .75 mile walk last night and felt sick as a dog during and after. My strength is coming back at a snails pace but my wind not so much

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

I would convert that into a bong

Wonder Toke

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
19 months here and still know that I'm not back to full lung capacity.
I realized[Bigly] during the 2020 deer season that I had been knocked back much more than I thought initially.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Those with reduced endurance do your xrays show lung damage or your blood work show low hemoglobin levels?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JPro
For those of you that have already had it and beat it, did it take you a while to get your feet back under you, physically? I had the bug earlier this month and it felt about like a half-strength flu, but I've noticed that my endurance is now down quite a bit. Some others I know have said the same about their dealings with it. I went out Saturday morning and ran a pole-saw and brushcutter for about 3 hours straight and was totally gassed, like had to sit down for a couple of hours gassed. Heart rate was up while I was working and took a pretty long time to go back down. Felt like I wasn't quite getting the last 10% of my air when I was breathing hard. I may be a bit more out of shape from laying around during 10 days of quarantine, but this is different. Short-burst strength seems okay, but the sustained effort is what has taken a hit. Can't say I've run into those effects with the flu in the past, especially two weeks after going back to work. I imagine it'll work out fine in time, but it's an interesting (and irritating) effect.

I am about a year and a half out.

I still have good days and bad days.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
Those with reduced endurance do your xrays show lung damage or your blood work show low hemoglobin levels?

I've not been back to a Doc since[primarily due to the headaches associated with doing so].

FJB & FJT
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buncha pussies.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Buncha pussies.

For sure nothing as serious as missing a Tee time because of the lock downs.

Pears......

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
Buncha pussies.

For sure nothing as serious as missing a Tee time because of the lock downs.

Pears......

Hey, draggin them there iguanas is hard work.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm almost at two months since my wife and I caught the vid. And to your experience mine is similar. Much easier to get gassed and it takes much longer for me to recover.

Been hiking a bit as of late cause I'm deer hunting the end of next month. Will definitely take more care as to the topography where I shoot one because it'll be near impossible to drag one out of a steep canyon now without taking it in pieces and that will be tough.

On the other hand I've not slept this much since I was a teenager.

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alibi

continue vit D at least 15k iu every day, quercetin, zinc, bit C , NAC, ivermectin. All OTC, cheap, very safe, and it works

Don't understand why Americans not more interested in your own health

I've been on the D3, C, Multi-vitamin thing for years. Added Zinc a couple of months ago. Still sticking with it.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
evidently post covid, you may want to get a lung xray and have a pulmonary doc check it out. I have read a lot that this covid really attacks lung tissue. That would explain the shortness of breath that so many seem to suffer

Sam......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (204guy, 160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 3,158 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,960
Posts18,499,168
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.