Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
....to own anything Armscor.

whistle

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have two Armscors, but won't buy any more. They have a putz representing them, an utter buffoon, and I won't buy another as long as they employ him.

I don't have any complaints about the pistols themselves, they are actually pretty nice pistols. I shot the 10mm yesterday, in fact, and it was pretty sweet, smoother than the Colt Delta Elite I used to have.
The .45 is a decent pistol as well, and I like it a lot, but maybe not as much as the Colt or Rugers I have.
I have no issues with the products themselves, just the BuffaloChip they have representing them.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Armscor Glogal Defense supplies 11,43x23mm pistols to Filipino DOD, your loss. Some 50000 were ordered in 2018.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Slavek
Armscor Glogal Defense supplies 11,43x23mm pistols to Filipino DOD, your loss. Some 50000 were ordered in 2018.

Maybe “our loss “ , but most definitely “you’re lost “

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

My loss? I'm not lacking anything here.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We were told us there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Funny, I wonder if Armscor USA and Rock Island Armory would agree.

A toxic employee can absolutely destroy a brands reputation and having supervised individuals in the past, I am reminded of that based on the astoundingly poor conduct noted here.

The negative impact of a bad apple leaves a long trail, as is evidenced by the fact that this thread was started.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I give up...what happened?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
2 questions;

- Who was/is the dick rep or, like GG ask, what happened.

- What gave you the desire to own one in the first place. This not meant a slam on the brand, just wondering.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
" What gave you the desire to own one in the first place. This not meant a slam on the brand, just wondering."

The pistols are pretty nice, overall, and if you choose wisely, you can get a LOT of features on a pistol that costs 1/2 to 2/3 the price of similar other pistols. Price can be a large factor on any product. Overall, though, you get a lot for your money, and if you're not satisfied, they are easy (like any other 1911) to fix and/or adjust.
Yes, some of the parts are MIM or cast, but so are the same parts in other domestic brands, that cost more. Keep in mind I didn't buy the bare-bones basic guns, but somewhat better "Rock" or "Ultra" series pistols, not the GI types.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, but what did their spokesman / boss, or whomever do to offend you?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Exchipy apparently is here for them under false pretenses

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
How a company (which is comprised of people/employees who act as brand ambassadors) conducts itself is important. If the behavior shown here is an indicator as to how consumers (and we in the handgun community are consumers and potential consumers) are going to be treated, then I personally don't want to do business with that company, and absolutely could never recommend Armscor or Rock Island Armory.

There is no reason to believe that if you as a consumer have an issue, and have to deal with their Armscor or Rock Island Armory and their legal department, that suddenly their representative is going to act honorably and conduct himself in a decent manner after observing his conduct here.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

There is no reason to believe that if you as a consumer have an issue, and have to deal with their Armscor or Rock Island Armory and their legal department, that suddenly their representative is going to act honorably and conduct himself in a decent manner after observing his conduct here.

Especially if you say anything about that half cock notch. That's likely to get them foaming at the mouth and eyes rolled back in their head.

FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo
2 questions;

- Who was/is the dick rep or, like GG ask, what happened.

- What gave you the desire to own one in the first place. This not meant a slam on the brand, just wondering.

I'll answer the last question first. I've had a RIA 1911 in the past and it's still in the family. No problems with it that weren't easily fixed by me, and it has performed better than its price (even after some parts changes) would predict. With that in mind, Another one in 10mm has crossed my mind. Not that it's ever been a "grail gun", but something I wouldn't be afraid to have and use.

Question 1 - Exchippy.

FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

This is a multi-faceted issue.

When I was still gainfully employed, my company had strict rules about employee conduct when on duty or in any way representing the company - including any activity in which we were openly associated with the company brand. That company's marketing department isn't stupid, and they realize that their brand must be protected. A company that is not managed smart enough to realize that loses my respect in more ways than one.

Secondly, from what has passed before our eyes here, it appears that Armscor/RIA has a lot of reason to be on the defensive about their internal parts. If the chipman's quoted letters are real, then there have been multiple parts failures reported. Our view of whether there was operator error is somewhat irrelevant to that point, as far as my view of the brand is concerned. Given that there are other brands not exhibiting this vulnerability, I choose to look elsewhere for all future 1911 purchases.

Now, if we see something indicating that Armscor has rectified this situation (ie, replaced the person who is damaging the brand), I reserve the right to change my mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah I think I'm more confused after the answer.

What parts are breaking, what is the evidence, what did Armscor do wrong? Is there some vast Armscor conspiracy going on?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
OMG! If I understand correctly, EX is a spokespreson?

Schit!

If so ,question one totally answered.

Question 2, like I said, not running them down & a good value is just that, simple. I chased, bought, sold Norinco 1911's when they were available. I got in on the last ones, hated to miss getting a bucket full of those.

FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah I think I'm more confused after the answer.

What parts are breaking, what is the evidence, what did Armscor do wrong? Is there some vast Armscor conspiracy going on?

The evidence, if our sleuths are correct (which apparently they are, since a denial is lacking) is the litany of quoted correspondences provided by our friend from their legal department. I admit to reading between the lines here, but IMO, if that is a misunderstanding, it is Armscor/RIA's problem to correct. Perhaps it would be fair to draw their attention to this thread and others (if the chip hasn't deleted everything). What did they do wrong? It would appear that their legal department has adopted the tactic of employing deception to gather material for their defense, and management has either blessed that activity or is ignorant of it. Neither of those is a good look. Oh, and there's the issue of bad mouthing people here and others not here to defend themselves. It's not like I'm going to steal chipper's cape and go on a crusade, but I choose "other".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there a thread somewhere you could refer me to?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunzo
OMG! If I understand correctly, EX is a spokespreson?

Schit!

If so ,question one totally answered.

Question 2, like I said, not running them down & a good value is just that, simple. I chased, bought, sold Norinco 1911's when they were available. I got in on the last ones, hated to miss getting a bucket full of those.

Norks were real decent guns to build on and most of them worked out of the box. Maybe 10% had soft barrels that battered at 3 o'clock, but lots of guys rebarreled them anyhow. The Tisas/Zig 1911s are supposed to be forged top and bottom and just might be the New Nork if the heat treating is good. I have other money--suckers at the moment, but I'll eventually try one of their commander-length pistols.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,656
Posts18,474,665
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.