Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by worriedman
Right to Work as well as being and At Will Employment State, boss can let you go for any reason, any time.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Some jobs arent for some folks. No need to drag it out.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sharecropper, you forgot that unions want six people to do the job of of three, more dues.
And pay for performance is out the window. The slob that shows up half drunk and does little in eight hours gets paid the same as the good employee that gets a lot done. So the good worker says screw this and he/she lowers their performance. Why perform at a high level when there’s no reward.
And people wonder why China is kicking our ass.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
The big employers in Memphis are already bussing in workers from the Mississippi Delta because they can’t find enough willing workers there. Ford bringing 5800 jobs to a city where 90% of the residents are on the public dole, don’t want a job, and can’t pass a drug test doesn’t seem like the best plan.

Memphis isn’t exactly a place where people are clamoring to relocate to take a job either.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Chinese workers should unionize.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tennessee ponied up $500Mil for this. hope it pans out better than all the cash we threw at Hemlock Semiconductor in Clarksville...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Right to Work as well as being and At Will Employment State, boss can let you go for any reason, any time.

With the shortage of people willing to work, bosses don’t let good employees go for just any reason.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
Is TN a union state or right to work?

Right to work

...and right to far yor dedd ass for playin on cell phone or callin in sick more than 3 days 😃

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Tennessee ponied up $500Mil for this. hope it pans out better than all the cash we threw at Hemlock Semiconductor in Clarksville...

2billion $$$ plant just got built and weeds grew up

They even had Blackwater doing security during construction. JFC
Had to deal with those asshats while mapping the water mains and water tank construction.
So obama let china cut our throat on that production

Now it’s a google data center 🤪

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Tennessee is a RTW state.

However, Ford has had a contract with the UAW for 30 years or so that says that those hired at any new plant will automatically be "members" of the UAW, whether they want to or not.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Ford Motor Company has selected the Memphis Regional Megasite for an electric vehicle and battery manufacturing campus that state officials are calling transformational, Gov. Bill Lee’s office announced Monday.

The 3,600-acre project, called Blue Oval City, is a joint venture between Ford and SK Innovation. It will result in a $5.6 billion investment in the region and an estimated 5,800 jobs, Lee’s office said.

Production of next generation all-electric F-Series trucks will begin at the rural West Tennessee site in 2025.

“Tennessee is playing a key role in leading American advanced manufacturing, and we are thrilled to make this historic investment in West Tennessee to create Blue Oval City,” said Lisa Drake, Ford North America chief operating officer. “This once in a generation investment will create thousands of high-quality jobs and support America’s transition to electric vehicles. Tennessee will play a critical role as Ford continues to lead the electric vehicle revolution, tackle climate change, and create the jobs of tomorrow, and we look forward to working to create the future together.”

The Greater Memphis Chamber called the project “the largest single investment in Tennessee’s history.”

That's great news!

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Just like the employee can leave, anytime...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
From what I’ve seen of Memphis, I wouldn’t put a lemonade stand there. Congrats to those folks, though. I hope it works out for all.

It's better than putting it in Mexico or China for ya'all to bitch about.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Right to work, we are a very "[bleep] you" to union state, thank whatever. And this isn't IN Memphis. I live 20 minutes east of Memphis and this site is further east than I am to it by at least that much. Basically farm land developed with roads and some electrical infrastructure that has sat desolate for at least a decade, almost like something you would see abandoned from an apocalypse movie. I am sure they got access to it for next to nothing, nice to finally see something happening there.

Hell I just looked on a map to remember exactly where it is, it is dead between Memphis and Jackson. Memphis is mile marker 1, Jackson is marker 80, this is marker 42.

Last edited by cotis; 09/28/21. Reason: a map

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Lol, how much federal monies will be poured into that project........

At least they are US plants, and US jobs.

At least....

You do realize federal money = your money right?

Alternate energy always propped up with federal monies.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Memphis? I wish they would have chosen East TN.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

2billion $$$ plant just got built and weeds grew up

They even had Blackwater doing security during construction. JFC
Had to deal with those asshats while mapping the water mains and water tank construction.
So obama let china cut our throat on that production

Now it’s a google data center 🤪

Happened in MS with Southern Company / MS Power.

Was gonna be a coal fired power plant.

Use cheaper Natural gas? Oh no…..

Last i heard it was $7B+.

Not sure of the status or if even made power.

Trickled down to the MS power customers.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well if they go through with it the prices on Ford's will go up exponentially.

"Build Back Better"

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Tennessee is a RTW state.

However, Ford has had a contract with the UAW for 30 years or so that says that those hired at any new plant will automatically be "members" of the UAW, whether they want to or not.

and a good reason to not buy a Ford

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Happened in MS with Southern Company / MS Power.

Was gonna be a coal fired power plant.

Use cheaper Natural gas? Oh no…..

Last i heard it was $7B+.

Not sure of the status or if even made power.

Trickled down to the MS power customers.

They sat it on a big deposit of lignite coal which was supposed to be used to fuel it. Environmental nuts sued and I don’t think it ever operated with coal. It’s been converted to natural gas and is producing power now I think. I think the $7B is about right, originally it was supposed to be $2B. It’s been a boondoggle of epic proportions.

I own some timberland about 20 miles from it and they wanted to run a power line with a 125’ right of way through it. They offered me $7000 for the right of way, I countered with $28000 and we settled at $20000. It worked out to 3.5 acres that I can never grow trees on again so I told them they could fairly compensate me for it or take me to court and claim it by eminent domain. They paid me. There’s no telling how much of that $7B has been siphoned off by politicians and other assorted crooks, they can afford to pay me for my losses.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wonder if the MSO will go electric?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (160user, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,842
Posts18,496,856
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.