Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've eaten horse meat in Belgium on numerous occasions. Good stuff and was popular in restaurants.

GB4

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Hate the term "wild horses" They're not wild, they are feral livestock destroying the habitat. The only actual wild horses are in Mongolia

Burros are even worse. If you want to displace and kill off native animal populations, burros will do it. Rangers used to do educational programs for school kids about native fauna NW of Phoenix. That ended because of the burros - nothing to see. Rangers also had to warn parents visiting the wildlife education center up by Lake Pleasant to watch for the burros and get the kids indoors if you spotted any. They wouldn't hesitate to attack the kids - the most dangerous animal out there.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I didn't realize those donkeys are such a problem.
Seems they're like wild hogs you can't shoot.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Yeah, when my boys were little, I was one of the designated dads to handle such outings with the school group. Rangers I talked to were frustrated since anything considered harassment of the animals could result in federal charges. They literally weren't even allowed to yell at them in an attempt to chase them off. The burros had federally mandated free run of everything not fenced off.

They had zero fear or respect for people. Coyotes raiding the trash would dash off if you picked up a rock, not them.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Filly Mignon or Porterhorse Steak.

smile

MtnBoomer , I've read about Anne before , doogooder bleeding heart womern to the rescue - again .

Feral horses tear the hell out of land - the Owyhee Desert in SW Idaho has huge areas of damage , WAY worse than what I've seen hogs do .

That's getting awful close to God's Country. 😁 When getting out towards Rome, Burns Junction, McD, one is nearing the edge, not middle, of nowhere. For the peanut gallery, the largest tract of land in the lwr 48 without a permanent residence.... Or so the story goes.

Hate to be that guy, but, the 6.5 Creedmoor would be dandy feral de equine medicine...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had zebra. Can't say it was much different than the cape buffalo or the giraffe. It's all good when you're hungry.

God Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Feral horses are a cancer upon the face of the West. Never any such thing as wild populations, they didn't exist on this continent prior to the Spaniard landings and conquests. But all those cat women Julias who didn't get a pony, can't keep a pony now....oh, my goodness, the LOVE they show.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Rancher folks used to joke about this one herd being called wild, especially since a couple had shoes!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Didn't Wyoming just kill a bunch of mountain goats because they were living in a non-native mtn range or some BS? Yet the horses get a free pass...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Didn't Wyoming just kill a bunch of mountain goats because they were living in a non-native mtn range or some BS? Yet the horses get a free pass...

See Wild Horse and Burro Act information above.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

WA State has done the same.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I have often wondered just exactly how it was determined that the Tetons were non-native a non-native moutain goat range. It sure appears to be pretty good goat country to me, especially since the "non-natives" are thriving there.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,924
Posts18,479,785
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.